Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 11/5; Twitter/FB/Contact Info list in first post
Topic Started: Nov 5 2012, 06:55 AM (20,901 Views)
DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

For those not seeing it. When you go to her profile right above where the Timeline starts it will says "Tweets All / No Replies." Its always set to no replies so if you want to see ALL of her (and most other verified twitters) tweets then you have to click "All." Ali's tweet was a reply to some person that you don't follow so it won't show up on your timeline.

Anyway, this whole conversation other than that is beyond ridiculous. James Scott (who I am a fan of) is no more classy than Galen Gering (who I find annoying and cannot stand) just because of some tweets. I do like that James Scott is more reserved and doesn't really use Twitter all that much and his interviews are few and far between because when he actually gives one its 10x more interesting than most other people. And I do find that Galen Gering seems a little immature when he tries to be "funny" but I don't think the guy lacks class. And he surely had no bad intentions when tweeting his co-star about lunch. Like Matt said...a tweet is just a tweet sometimes. End Rant.
Online Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Um.... unless you're Alison Sweeney (who was @mentioned in the tweet) or someone who actually FOLLLOWS Galen, you're not going to see his tweet unless you actively go looking for it. So, really, the only people he's "pimping" himself to are the people who already follow him and (I would think) the people who follow him are the people who actually WANT to follow him and are interested in his tweets & activities.
Online Profile Goto Top

Lanemack
Member Avatar

Excuse my "twitter ignorance" but is it AS herself that is tweeting #teamAS after some of her tweets? If so, THAT seems a mite self-serving. Don't understand that and how it will help the show in general. How about #teamDOOL?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Vicky4Mimi

Galen is a very nice guy thanking his co worker for bringing him lunch. If anyone of you here or any other DAYS cast member posted a simple "Thanks for my lunch" no one would pay any attention to it. I believe in thanking people, if someone does something nice I wouldn't mind thanking them in person, then thanking them again by email or twitter. No hidden agenda, it's a nice thing to do.

It seems odd to be called classless for saying Thank You...

Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Matt
Nov 5 2012, 11:32 PM
Um.... unless you're Alison Sweeney (who was @mentioned in the tweet) or someone who actually FOLLLOWS Galen, you're not going to see his tweet unless you actively go looking for it. So, really, the only people he's "pimping" himself to are the people who already follow him and (I would think) the people who follow him are the people who actually WANT to follow him and are interested in his tweets & activities.
Truth! Some people just love misery, I guess.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Trish the dish

lysie
Nov 5 2012, 10:59 PM
Trish the dish
Nov 5 2012, 10:56 PM
gailwinters
Nov 5 2012, 10:28 PM
lysie
Nov 5 2012, 10:14 PM
She didn't mention James. She mentioned EJ.
@Landry70523 @__xoJenn glad you checked in with me! @IamJamesScott & I get along great! He ran a triathlon with me!! That's friendship!
5:43pm - 5 Nov 12
Thank you Gail! Sure enough the guy has to get himself out there for EVERYONE to see! Annoying as Hell! God how I love James Scott...class act always! Not in competion with anyone because he is secure in his own right! Love Love Love him. The other guy Icky...as usual!
Alison does the same type of tweet Galen did. I do find it annoying, but who's Alison in competition with? James' lack of tweeting such things is more a reflection of the fact that the guy doesn't tweet than it is a reflection of class.
I think JS lives a private life and doesn't feel the need to tweet! I was actually disapponted when he signed up on twitter because he has always IMO held him self to a higher standard than most and separated his private life from his public life which i feel he still does because of his lack of tweeting & social networking. I met him and was most impressed with him he is actually humble unlike some attention grabbing assholes that feel the need to make their presence known. I respect an actor , athlete or any person that is in the limelight & wants privacy. The timelines on Twitter were AS tweeting about her friendship with James and sure enough! GG had to thank her for lunch at about a half an hour later Surprise Surpsrise! 3p.m. LA time WOW! not surprising. Attention grabbing whatever? Yes maybe I do have time to figure this shit out! I don't give a rats ass.. I love James & ALi & am proud to say it! They are fantastic together on Days. they are the only reason I tuned back in after an almost 20 year hiatus. They are the only couple that have jacked the ratings UP in years!
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Lanemack
Nov 5 2012, 11:38 PM
Excuse my "twitter ignorance" but is it AS herself that is tweeting #teamAS after some of her tweets? If so, THAT seems a mite self-serving. Don't understand that and how it will help the show in general. How about #teamDOOL?
It's Alison doing it, and it drives me crazy. Actually, it's probably not her. It's probably whoever does her blog, but still. Even teamSami would be better.
Online Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

:facepalm:
Online Profile Goto Top

Vicky4Mimi

Matt
THIS exactly!

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Trish the dish
Nov 5 2012, 11:43 PM
lysie
Trish the dish
gailwinters
Nov 5 2012, 10:28 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Thank you Gail! Sure enough the guy has to get himself out there for EVERYONE to see! Annoying as Hell! God how I love James Scott...class act always! Not in competion with anyone because he is secure in his own right! Love Love Love him. The other guy Icky...as usual!
Alison does the same type of tweet Galen did. I do find it annoying, but who's Alison in competition with? James' lack of tweeting such things is more a reflection of the fact that the guy doesn't tweet than it is a reflection of class.
I think JS lives a private life and doesn't feel the need to tweet! I was actually disapponted when he signed up on twitter because he has always IMO held him self to a higher standard than most and separated his private life from his public life which i feel he still does because of his lack of tweeting & social networking. I met him and was most impressed with him he is actually humble unlike some attention grabbing assholes that feel the need to make their presence known. I respect an actor , athlete or any person that is in the limelight & wants privacy. The timelines on Twitter were AS tweeting about her friendship with James and sure enough! GG had to thank her for lunch at about a half an hour later Surprise Surpsrise! 3p.m. LA time WOW! not surprising. Attention grabbing whatever? Yes maybe I do have time to figure this shit out! I don't give a rats ass.. I love James & ALi & am proud to say it! They are fantastic together on Days. they are the only reason I tuned back in after an almost 20 year hiatus. They are the only couple that have jacked the ratings UP in years!
Yeah, that doesn't change the fact that Galen tweets the same way Alison does. Most of the rest of that isn't relevant to twitter, but thanks for sharing.
Online Profile Goto Top

Trish the dish

lysie
Nov 5 2012, 11:46 PM
Trish the dish
Nov 5 2012, 11:43 PM
lysie
Trish the dish

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Yeah, that doesn't change the fact that Galen tweets the same way Alison does. Most of the rest of that isn't relevant to twitter, but thanks for sharing.
That is why I guess I would prefer it if these actors didn't tweet period. It is just more reason for those of us to speculate over a bunch of shit over and over and over again! I know I for one should be focusing on a hell of alot more than what these people are tweeing about. Maybe one more reason for me to LOVE JS!
Edited by Trish the dish, Nov 6 2012, 12:01 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

lysie
Nov 5 2012, 11:44 PM
Lanemack
It's Alison doing it, and it drives me crazy. Actually, it's probably not her. It's probably whoever does her blog, but still. Even teamSami would be better.
Is it maybe people who tweet for her that tag the tweets with #TeamAS, as in they've been tweeted by her team? I have no idea- I don't follow her tweets much... I've never noticed it. I know someone does that for Jason Cook's Twitter account.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

nocturnalblondie
Nov 6 2012, 12:03 AM
lysie
Nov 5 2012, 11:44 PM
Lanemack
Is it maybe people who tweet for her that tag the tweets with #TeamAS, as in they've been tweeted by her team? I have no idea- I don't follow her tweets much... I've never noticed it. I know someone does that for Jason Cook's Twitter account.
I don't think so. I guess it's possible, though.
Online Profile Goto Top

Daysofold

Vicky4Mimi
Nov 5 2012, 11:45 PM
Matt
THIS exactly!

Posted Image
I as well as so many others are sick of the Sami/EJ/Rafe show. Can the writers possibly write about something else other than the ongoing triangle? This show is pathetic.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysofold

Vicky4Mimi
Nov 5 2012, 11:45 PM
Matt
THIS exactly!<br /><br />Posted Image
I as well as so many others are sick of the Sami/EJ/Rafe show. Can the writers possibly write about something else other than the ongoing triangle? This show is pathetic.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JoeBucs32

Is Joe Mascolo ill or something? Why don't we ever see him on screen anymore??
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

So, these 4 pages are about debating over Galen's tweets? I thought something interesting happened. I'm never going to get those 5 minutes back. :shame:
Offline Profile Goto Top

spartan
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Nov 6 2012, 10:39 AM
So, these 4 pages are about debating over Galen's tweets? I thought something interesting happened. I'm never going to get those 5 minutes back. :shame:
I just did the same thing. ^o)
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

spartan
Nov 6 2012, 10:49 AM
JamaicanBeauty7
Nov 6 2012, 10:39 AM
I just did the same thing. ^o)
Oh the exciting thing is he might be back working with AS.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JoeBucs32

Lauren K tweets, right? Maybe she can tell us if JM is okay and why he's off-screen lately??
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic