Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TV Guide Exclusive: Will Y&R's Christine and Paul Reunite?
Topic Started: Nov 6 2012, 11:36 AM (1,044 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Exclusive-Young-Restless-Lauralee-Bell-1055589.aspx

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Daytime
Member Avatar

TV Guide Magazine: It also made her seem like a sickly obsessed fruitcake!
Bell: Totally! Christine was completely, weirdly obsessed with busting Phyllis and making sure she was punished. And I thought that was great just one more thing that makes my character seem like a real human being. [Laughs] Or maybe like a wacky nutjob! Either way, after so many years of "Please save the Earth!" and "Don't have sex!" I really welcome that. This is a far cry from the old Cricket so I would never put the kibosh on this stuff. It may seem out of character but, to tell the truth, I hope this is my new character!

TV Guide Magazine: Funny how Christine won't let go of her Phyllis issues but she had no problem forgiving Michael Baldwin, who once terrorized her as a psycho-stalker.
Bell: I know, right? But I'm sure she's laughing now that he's the D.A. She has the power to call Washington, D.C., and get him removed with one phone call.

TV Guide Magazine: Wouldn't that be a great story! So Maria was going to write you out and you were prepared to never be seen on Y&R again?
Bell: I didn't try to push it. I figured I'd just let the cards fall, wherever, however.

TV Guide Magazine: Any weirdness for you on the set now that Maria's gone?
Bell: It's only been wonderful at work. Totally cool, no weirdness. I think some people may have perceived it as some sort of hostile takeover and it wasn't. The transition was really smooth. Jill and Josh are fantastic people and I really respect them both. It's all good.

TV Guide Magazine: Let's get back to your poor, lovelorn character. She seems so desperate to get it on with the boys of GC. Do you get the feeling Chris' life back in our nation's capital really sucks?
Bell: I think she's a different person back there. I imagine she's in business meetings with martinis all the time and probably has her one-night stands, but nothing that's meaningful. Obviously, she's more comfortable in the safety of Genoa City. [Laughs] I have a feeling she would never fornicate with her co-workers.

TV Guide Magazine: Fornicate, huh? How biblical. And so '80s Cricket! So your character won't fornicate with co-workers but she's okay fornicating with her best friend's beau?
Bell: Apparently! The worst part of the whole thing was that Tricia Cast was staying at my house the week we were shooting those shows. As Trish's friend, I felt so guilty! I was, like, "I'll dump him tomorrow! I'll get hit by a car!"

TV Guide Magazine: Is Chris prepared to give up her career in D.C.?
Bell: Well, that's the other part of this story. Both Paul and Christine seem to be having a real midlife crisis. They talk a lot about how there's more in life than busting their butts for the law. Paul's father was a cop and he was expected to grow up and do the same. And Chris has always felt like she needed to defend the world because of all the trauma she's experienced. She's never been truly happy, never done what she's really wanted to do. Life is going by so fast and, suddenly, they're waking up to that. My character says she's so tired of buying clothes for the courtroom and just wants to do something fun which is so un-Christine and Paul says, "I'm right there with you. I don't know that I want to be a P.I. anymore." Cut to them at some nude retreat sipping cocktails.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Exclusive-Young-Restless-Lauralee-Bell-1055589.aspx

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Does that mean Lauralee is going to be on more permanently? I was really counting on them doing Pavery though.

into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

I find it a pleasant surprise that the new team wants to keep Christine on. She was one of my favorities and also one of the most popular characters in Y&R history. I think it was foolish the way MAB was writing her and I hope the new team can salvage Christine. I do wish the show had pursuing Christine/Nick and put Avery (who I like so much better now!) with Paul. I think putting Christine with Nina's boyfriend is a mistake and won't do much to help repair Christine.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Honestly, I think TPTB don't see Nina and Paul as a huge couple and I would agree with that. They're barely featured together. I like them together but let's be real, they were likely put together because MAB didn't want to introduce anyone new for them. It was lazy and I think Christine and Paul, while damaged, are much more interesting together.

I am surprised they are keeping Lauralee and Christine around. I thought she was done for the most part by going to California. Kudos AGAIN to Phelps, though I suspect Griffith might be pushing for these players to stay and Phelps trusts him with the history of Y&R.

Any word on Tricia Cast? Is she still taping or sticking around? It's too bad we're still stuck with Ronan. But only reason I'd prefer him to stay is to get Cast to make appearances as Nina. Sad, isn't it?

I just don't understand why they didn't keep a much more appealing actor (John Driscoll) as Nina's son who has a built-in history. Oh, right, it was MAB. And I know Driscoll isn't available (good for him! in his career move) but I think it was stupid to drop Chance for Ronan and try to force Ronan into Chance's story.

Only1Way
Member Avatar

Why would Ronan be all head over heels for Nina? She isn't "Mom" to him, she didn't raise him. I know the circumstances, it wasn't Nina's fault, but they can't force Momma Nina on Ronan. She's a bulldog.
Nina should just tell Paul that she knows he doesn't feel the same way about her as she does for him. She can take a book showing in New York and leave GC.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply