Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, November 8th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 7 2012, 02:31 PM (7,121 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Ooh, the camera shots through the fire are back.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

It's like...if they'd never zoom out, Sami wouldn't look bad at all.

concerned
Member Avatar

lysie
Nov 8 2012, 11:00 PM
These close-ups of Daniel pooping are really annoying.
:lol:

lysie
Member Avatar

Well, this Abby scene is good. So there's that.

concerned
Member Avatar

lysie
Nov 8 2012, 11:03 PM
Damm that was one of the things I really didn't like about mardar/ whoever was doing them last time. I thought we were free from that .

Spend the money on interesting stories not gimmicky camera angles that are off putting and detract from whats going on (although given what is generally going on maybe I should just be watching one of those fake fire screens anyway)

lysie
Member Avatar

concerned
Nov 8 2012, 11:09 PM
lysie
Nov 8 2012, 11:03 PM
Damm that was one of the things I really didn't like about mardar/ whoever was doing them last time. I thought we were free from that .

Spend the money on interesting stories not gimmicky camera angles that are off putting and detract from whats going on (although given what is generally going on maybe I should just be watching one of those fake fire screens anyway)
That should be a director thing, not a writer thing. I like it sometimes, and I liked it today. I thought they did it too much last year, though. And I hated the shots through the fire pits in HTS.

restless daze
Member Avatar
Now don't come whoopin' my ass at the grocery store cause I picked on your fav on here!

rfsexton
Nov 7 2012, 06:34 PM
Hmmm....Placental abruption, which includes any amount of placental separation before delivery, occurs in about 1 out of 150 deliveries. The severe form, which can cause the baby to die, occurs only in about 1 out of 800 to 1,600 deliveries.

Symptoms
Abdominal pain
Back pain
Frequent uterine contractions
Uterine contractions with no relaxation in between
Vaginal bleeding

She had NONE of these....

Complications

Excess blood loss may lead to shock and possible death in the mother or baby. If bleeding occurs after the delivery and blood loss cannot be controlled in other ways, the mother may need a hysterectomy (removal of the uterus).

Sounds like the writers need a research assistant
I had placental abruption and had NO symptoms and my child nearly died. She was born with an apgar of 1, dead babies have 0, perfect babies are ten. Only thing was she barely had a heartbeat. No muscle tone, gray color, no crying/breathing etc.

It does happen. Just not often. They took her a week early due to loss of amniotic fluid, they had no idea my placenta had abrupted, the abruption was positioned so there was no bleeding until birth. i passed clots bigger than footballs, and it was VERY BAD for me too.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
Nov 8 2012, 10:49 PM
Rafe looks as irritated as I am.
You mean :huh1: Is an irritated look?

lysie
Member Avatar

Hope thinks it comforts Ciara to SEE Bo taking care of Caroline. They're across the country. She doesn't see a thing.

lysie
Member Avatar

Nick loves Gabi and Gabi feels the same way. She also loves her.

lysie
Member Avatar

LOL. Marlena cracks me up when she gets called out.
When I asked you not to work for Kristen.
Told me.
Yes, that conversation.

Cracks.me.up.

lysie
Member Avatar

Sigh. When John put that coat on Kristen, that'd have been the perfect time for a smirk.

lysie
Member Avatar

I actually like how this regime writes Marlena/Sami. My only complaint is that I wish they'd written a transition from their relationship under MarDar to this.

lysie
Member Avatar

Normally, Kristen is right on top of things with Sami. You know...for that whole day they've worked together. WTH?

lysie
Member Avatar

Oooh. I don't like the camera work in this final scene at all.

lysie
Member Avatar

I didn't dislike the cabin scenes by any stretch of the imagination, but I didn't think they were as good as everyone else did. I did really like that final one with her talking about when she stopped being herself. It was really soapy and I loved the camera work. I thought the others were pretty boring.

ticker

I thoroughly enjoyed the cabin scenes, especially the last couple emotional ones. Really enjoyed seeing vulnerable Kristen and now I'm kinda rooting for a John and Kristen reunion. It's really sad to see that she hasn't truly moved on all these years even though she says she has. It's hard to believe that in 14 years she hasn't found another love? I'm still hoping for somthing for her with Brady, though.

blueskies
Member Avatar

ticker
Nov 8 2012, 11:41 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed the cabin scenes, especially the last couple emotional ones. Really enjoyed seeing vulnerable Kristen and now I'm kinda rooting for a John and Kristen reunion. It's really sad to see that she hasn't truly moved on all these years even though she says she has. It's hard to believe that in 14 years she hasn't found another love? I'm still hoping for somthing for her with Brady, though.
that's the part that got me; Hope & Marlena said it's been 14 years (obviously with real world time) HOWEVER, Kristen alluded to the truth that EJ is only here because of what she did then. When they allude to certain time frames like this, it really makes EJ's ridiculous SORASing stand out like a sore thumb.

Ireland98

lysie
Nov 8 2012, 11:25 PM
I actually like how this regime writes Marlena/Sami. My only complaint is that I wish they'd written a transition from their relationship under MarDar to this.
Definitely! I enjoyed the Sami/Marlena friction last year. I don't mind them getting along now, but wish there could be an episode or two that shows Sami & Marlena (& maybe John too) acknowledging/addressing their issues.

BTW, I love Lysie's posts for each episode! Generally more entertaining than the show itself!

Lil
Member Avatar

annie21
Nov 8 2012, 10:34 PM
Lil
Nov 8 2012, 07:10 PM
Nicole is apparently the new Carly Manning, as in she's the pariah, the punchingbag....
So does that mean that after she recovers from her suicide attempt, Nicole will go wandering around in the alley, digging in dumpsters for booze, then pass out and almost get raped by a homeless man? Apparently, that's what Carly did as her way of dealing with her unrequited love for Daniel.

Boy, that Daniel sure does have an effect on women. What a guy!

All I meant by the Carly thing was that for a stretch the whole town of Salem seemed to be taking a dump on Carly's head. in this episode it was Nicole getting crapped on by everyone lol God, I hope she doesn't LITERALLY end up like Carly LOL What is it with Orange penis that makes women nuts? They need to make a storyline out of this or at the very least give Taniel VD or something lol

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply