Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, November 9th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 8 2012, 02:35 PM (5,826 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

I wasn't expecting the interruption until later. That's a shame. Not really.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

I'm glad that these two nobodies are so invested in WilSon. Too bad I'm not.

lysie
Member Avatar

The camera work in these Nicole scenes is absolutely terrible.

lysie
Member Avatar

Nicole's about to jump ten feet. Let's all panic. Someone at Days has a problem with depth perception.

lysie
Member Avatar

Okay. AZ in this scene giving her statement is really good. AZ in the rest of it hasn't been good.

lysie
Member Avatar

Do TPTB really not realize how ridiculous EJ is? It just doesn't seem like it should be that hard to write a character like EJ.

lysie
Member Avatar

Oh, Kristen. That is untrue. Marlena liked you.

lysie
Member Avatar

Whose black and white wedding picture is that in the cabin?

lysie
Member Avatar

EJ is talking about ruining Daniel, and I can't even enjoy it because EJ never follows through on anything. Just move on.

lysie
Member Avatar

I don't think this was intentional, but I just realized how racist what Nick said about Sonny and Will sounded.

lysie
Member Avatar

There's a lot of "forgive and forget" talk today. Meanwhile, see? Incapable of following through.

michr544125

Wish they would show more Tad. They can keep Audrey but recast the actress because this one is beyond terrible. She was seriously dreadful. I really enjoy the friendship between Tad/Sonny/Will. It would be interesting down the road for a third party to bring in Audrey's brother. Loved how it was Will calling Sonny this time and how happy they both were to meet up and talk.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

lysie
Nov 9 2012, 07:02 PM
Oh, Kristen. That is untrue. Marlena liked you.
Not just liked... defended until her face was blue.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I did love that brief scene at the end where Ej looked sadly in through the window at Nicole The way James played it made me feel that Ej wished things had ended differently with him Nicole, and the baby. It broke my heart. :'( Great acting from James and Ari. They always manage to step up to the plate that much more when they are together.
Quote Post Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

So, I worked my way through several episodes. The cabin scenes both Thursday and Friday with Kristen and John were really good. I disagree that John is being dumb. If he were dumb, he wouldn't have been as clearly skeptical and distrusting of Kristen. I do think that John wants to believe that people can change (based on his own history which the writers awesomely referenced) and that makes it hard for him to dismiss the possibility out of hand. And I think Kristen sounds and acts very sincere. Eileen continues to do an awesome job of playing it all so well. There is enough there that you can't completely believe she's changed, but there is also an underlying sincerity that is hard to ignore.

I really like the way the writers have done this because they've re-introduced Kristen in a way that the newer audience can buy into her sincerity. That can draw the audience in, wondering if she's really changed or is just playing John. If she'd come back with an obvious agenda, then there is no tension in all of this. It could all be easily dismissed. And, personally, while Marlena's distrust is completely understandable, it's also a little more fun if she's not so obviously right. I like the layers and the multiple motivations that all make sense from different POVs. And I like the organic conflict with John and Marlena. Kristen isn't a threat because of John's feelings for her. She's a threat because their disagreement about who Kristen might be now comes from very organic places within them.

I thought AZ was really, really good in the scenes in the hospital with Rafe. I do hope they continue the Rafe/Nicole friendship because I think it works for both characters. EJ's talk with Daniel sucked mainly because his orignal threat was completely unbelievable given that we know that EJ never follows through with his threats. So, there's no drama in him letting Daniel off the hook. And while appreciate the attempt at drama with the scalpal and the stairs, it really didn't work. It was not shot well and it was way too drawn out. Thank God that storyline is finally over and we can all move on.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

michr544125
Nov 9 2012, 07:16 PM
Wish they would show more Tad. They can keep Audrey but recast the actress because this one is beyond terrible. She was seriously dreadful. I really enjoy the friendship between Tad/Sonny/Will. It would be interesting down the road for a third party to bring in Audrey's brother. Loved how it was Will calling Sonny this time and how happy they both were to meet up and talk.
Tad could be a kind of useless character, but the actor has a lot of screen presence and he's settling nicely into the role of a tool who is begrudgingly accepting Sonny and Will, and gays in general. His body language and smirk of self-amusement is really good stuff. I think his performance makes the who Tad as matchmaker thing work. I wouldn't mind of Tad was turned into a major character.

Happylover

I donít blame Jenn for Nicole babyís death but Jenn did put a lot of stress on her during Nicoleís pregnancy. The spoilers lied to me I thought that I was gonna see Cam and Abby DTR (define the relationship). I hate Dan &Jenn and starting to hate abby's smart :moon: mouth. New storyline please

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply