Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Marlena takes a stand against Kristen; Airs week of Nov. 12
Topic Started: Nov 8 2012, 02:46 PM (4,718 Views)
Ellie

This week's Soap Opera Digest features an article about Marlena and Kristen.

Marlena arrives at the Horton cabin and sees John asleep next to Kristen. Kristen says she had no way of knowing John would be at the cabin.

When J&M are alone, Marlena tells John how she feels about Kristen. John thinks she's overreacting, especially since Kristen is so calm overall and Marlena is not. Later, Kristen sees Brady, who doesn't trust Kristen and is not happy to hear that she was at the cabin with John. Kristen tries to convince Brady that it was a coincidence.

Marlena interrupts a business meeting that Kristen is having with EJ to "blast her", and John has to pull Marlena away from Kristen. Kristen steps down as head of CW so that EJ can take over and become closer to Sami. Kristen goes to see John and she tells him, thinking Marlena will be more comfortable now that Kristen is not Sami's boss. John appreciates this, "and they accidentally touch".

Brady then replaces John on the church board so that Kristen won't have an opportunity to see him. Brady and Kristen have a fight about it and Kristen runs out of the church. A mugger assaults her, and when Brady rescues her, he is knocked unconscious. Kristen calls John and leaves a message, but Marlena sees the message from Kristen and erases it before John has even heard it...

Pick up the latest Digest for details!

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Seriously? This is the "underhanded" thing? SERIOUSLY? This... is boring. This is just annoying and stupid, and frankly, anyone would do that in her situation. It's not soapy, it's boring. If Marlena is going to be "underhanded", it needs to smart (because Marlena's essence is that she is an intelligent, independant, sassy woman) - and it needs to not hurt anyone she loves.

Like say, going to Stefano and asking for a favor. Plus, that just has a ripple effect.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

I said it way back, and I'l gonna say it again... this is so lazy.

Sariah
Member Avatar

I had high hopes but low expectations - and Days is managing to go even lower than I thought they would. This should be such a fun, soapy, interesting, exciting story, and instead I'm bored just reading the spoilers.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

This is that big move or whatever Marlena is supposed to make,woe,once again,BIG letdown,this storyline is so stupid.John believes Kritter has changed and such,but Stefano who has done equally nasty things to Marlena,well John would shoot him if given the opportunity.Yet another storyline making me bang my head against the wall,I think I will pass.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Sariah
Nov 8 2012, 02:51 PM
I had high hopes but low expectations - and Days is managing to go even lower than I thought they would. This should be such a fun, soapy, interesting, exciting story, and instead I'm bored just reading the spoilers.

Same here. I barely bother to watch clips, because it is just so boring and predictable. John will be dumb, then when he realizes Marlena's right, she'll be close to dying because of Kritter.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I would agree that seeing Marlena needing a favor from Stefano would be good TV and cause John to flip his shit...this is pretty underhanded and I'm glad that it will cause some drama. I don't think deleting a message is something anyone would do. It seems insecure and a little bit psycho to me. I'm glad they didn't go overboard and have Marlena running around with a gun threatening to kill everyone. Its something that she could believably do and that she wouldn't think had some long-lasting effects on Brady or John.

The story would be better if Brady was really near death and needed blood or was in a coma or something. I expect him to be pretty much fine with some bruises so I have to wait to see how this plays out. I'm still loving Kristen's return. It needed to be slow. Lets not forget how long its been since she's been in Salem. She is nobody to a lot of the audience. They are trained to think that John and Marlena are basically the perfect couple that has had some bumps caused by Stefano. The flashbacks and easing Kristen into the canvas has really worked for me. I want to see crazy going after what she wants hardcore Kristen as much as anyone else, but I'm REALLY enjoying the work Eileen is doing right now. She's really making me remember that Kristen was a great person at one time before she went off the rails. Kristen was boring then, but its fun to remember now after all the crazy shit she has pulled.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

I get why it's "underhanded." Marlena deleted a message from Kristen solely because it came from her but didn't bother to at least listen to it; if she did she would know that it concerned the welfare of John's son. I'm sure John is going to be upset about it because it's about Brady and it's abundantly clear that Marlena is letting Kristen get to her. After what Jarlena went through all these years, she needs to calm down and trust him. If their love is that strong, Kristen can't break them, period. Then again it's a soap so :shrug: However, it's not exactly something I'm going to rush home to see, let alone something I want to watch for sweeps.
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, Nov 8 2012, 03:06 PM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

"Accidentally touch"? Oh Lordy... :lol:

I am mildly surprised that I'm rather enjoying this story thus far. Is it innovative or ground breaking? No. But I've stopped expecting that from this show a long time ago. But I like all the major players enough to be happy to see them getting a front burner story and it's kind of fun watching Marlena lose her cool, even when she knows going in she's being baited to do it.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Nov 8 2012, 02:59 PM
I would agree that seeing Marlena needing a favor from Stefano would be good TV and cause John to flip his shit...this is pretty underhanded and I'm glad that it will cause some drama. I don't think deleting a message is something anyone would do. It seems insecure and a little bit psycho to me. I'm glad they didn't go overboard and have Marlena running around with a gun threatening to kill everyone. Its something that she could believably do and that she wouldn't think had some long-lasting effects on Brady or John.

The story would be better if Brady was really near death and needed blood or was in a coma or something. I expect him to be pretty much fine with some bruises so I have to wait to see how this plays out. I'm still loving Kristen's return. It needed to be slow. Lets not forget how long its been since she's been in Salem. She is nobody to a lot of the audience. They are trained to think that John and Marlena are basically the perfect couple that has had some bumps caused by Stefano. The flashbacks and easing Kristen into the canvas has really worked for me. I want to see crazy going after what she wants hardcore Kristen as much as anyone else, but I'm REALLY enjoying the work Eileen is doing right now. She's really making me remember that Kristen was a great person at one time before she went off the rails. Kristen was boring then, but its fun to remember now after all the crazy shit she has pulled.
The problem is that the way they are telling the story makes it seem like John had an affair with Kristen while he was with Marlena, and THEN Kristen found out that John actually was in love with Marlena, then she went crazy and locked Marlena in a secret room. Nothing about the long journey it took to get there. Kristen went slowly cucko for cocopuffs, it wasn't overnight. She showed signs of being influenced by Stefano, and she certainly was not perfect before that (cheated on husband twice, remember?). She was still boring as all hell, but not perfect. The journey was what hooked people. People had been rooting for John & Marlena to reunite since 1991, then John finally admitted to Abe (and later to Bo) that he was still in love with Marlena, Marlena admitted the same to Lexie (and later to Hope), Kristen was becoming more and more influenced by Stefano, more accepting of his "do what needs to be done" ways. She was trying to resist, but eventually became more and more willing to participate. That is the part that had people hooked. Then the rest of it was just a really crazy, entertaining road, with bumps all around to when Marlena would finally figure it all out and be able to tell John. And then finally, the payoff and then the reunion (which was lackluster, I'll admit). They're acting like Kristen just had a bout of crazy and then didn't do anything else. Hello, she was loco the entire year after the reveal at the Elvis wedding!

JamaicanBeauty, I don't feel like Marlena is insecure about their love. She is just seriously sure (because of things Kristen as done and said in the past) that Kristen will physically hurt her or her family. And she'll probably be right, because just yesterday (Nov 7 episode), we saw definite signs of Kristen's crazy being very present, but controlled by a fake persona.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

I also don't feel like it will cause any drama that I want to see. I just have a feeling that John will play right into Kritter's hands, tell Marlena that she's just like "the old Kristen" and then act hurt and wounded. And seriously, in-character Marlena would not accept that. She would tell John to bugger off and find her when he gets his brain back.

This is just like the Brady shitfest of 2000/2001, minus the verbal abuse (yet).
Edited by The Room Stops, Nov 8 2012, 03:18 PM.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

it remind when lucas was always piss around ej jush blah

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

SocRMum1
Nov 8 2012, 03:14 PM
"Accidentally touch"? Oh Lordy... :lol:

I am mildly surprised that I'm rather enjoying this story thus far. Is it innovative or ground breaking? No. But I've stopped expecting that from this show a long time ago. But I like all the major players enough to be happy to see them getting a front burner story and it's kind of fun watching Marlena lose her cool, even when she knows going in she's being baited to do it.
So true. As much as I want Marlena to take some Zanax, I'm enjoying her going cray cray. I never thought I would say that about a character on Days these days. :popcorn:
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, Nov 8 2012, 03:21 PM.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I'm just not bothered by John yet. I think a normal person would pretend that Kristen never existed, but Marlena's nagging (even if she's right) might drive any man to think she's overreacting. And I also think I saw Drake act a little bit today for the first time since his return.

lysie
Member Avatar

Well, that's lame. It's basically Ross and Rachel when Ross put that message from the bar guy in his pocket instead of just giving it to her. I never thought that was underhanded and I don't think this is either. But since people only pay for stupid things, I'm sure John will leave her, keep the house, and complain about it every day for the next few months until they're rushed back together and get engaged offscreen.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Such high expectations for Kristen's return dashed in 2 weeks...oh well...it's expected.
Edited by LuvingLumi, Nov 8 2012, 04:12 PM.

Jane083

What I am really hoping for is that John is just playing along like he believes Kristen but in reality he is trying to see what she and Stefano have planned. I don't want John to be played the fool like he was in 1996 thru 1997 with Kristen and all of her lying scheming behavior. I want John and Marlena to team up to prove what she is all about. It would be great if Jarlena even act as if they break up so as to trap Kristen. They could have secret romantic trysts while everyone in town, especially Kristen and Stefano , think they have destroyed the super couple. To me that would be a great story.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

LuvingLumi
Nov 8 2012, 04:12 PM
Such high expectations for Kristen's return dashed in 2 weeks...oh well...it's expected.
I disagree. I've loved Kristen's return and I'm really excited about her future interactions with Brady. I thought their first meeting was hot and we know Marlena is going to go crazy over it. :D
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, Nov 8 2012, 04:25 PM.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

This storyline is stupid.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Jane083
Nov 8 2012, 04:16 PM
What I am really hoping for is that John is just playing along like he believes Kristen but in reality he is trying to see what she and Stefano have planned. I don't want John to be played the fool like he was in 1996 thru 1997 with Kristen and all of her lying scheming behavior. I want John and Marlena to team up to prove what she is all about. It would be great if Jarlena even act as if they break up so as to trap Kristen. They could have secret romantic trysts while everyone in town, especially Kristen and Stefano , think they have destroyed the super couple. To me that would be a great story.
Oh, I would LOVE that! I WOULD LOVE IT! That's what I wanted during the RoboJohn stuff from 2008. I want J&M to be all hurt-faced, fighting in public, crying to friends and then after like a month, have Kristen tell John that she's there if she ever needs him (she thinks her plan is working). Second to last segment, John shows up at a strange door, smile, a woman's arm pulls him inside (leading people to think he's about to cheat on Marlena) and then reveal last of the last segment, John & Marlena in bed, holding each other as it fades to black. The next episode is them just talking about their plan. THAT is classic soap done right.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply