Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Marlena takes a stand against Kristen; Airs week of Nov. 12
Topic Started: Nov 8 2012, 02:46 PM (4,814 Views)
The Scorpion
Member Avatar

Marlena blah blah blah, and John whatever! Kristen is too good to be wasted on this boring sl! Kristen and Brady would be hot if nothing else it would run Jarlena crazy!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Nov 8 2012, 04:21 PM
LuvingLumi
Nov 8 2012, 04:12 PM
Such high expectations for Kristen's return dashed in 2 weeks...oh well...it's expected.
I disagree. I've loved Kristen's return and I'm really excited about her future interactions with Brady. I thought their first meeting was hot and we know Marlena is going to go crazy over it. :D
Were you watching when Kristen was on before? I'm just curious if that's a factor in excitement vs disappointment.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

lysie
Nov 8 2012, 05:05 PM
JamaicanBeauty7
LuvingLumi
Such high expectations for Kristen's return dashed in 2 weeks...oh well...it's expected.
I disagree. I've loved Kristen's return and I'm really excited about her future interactions with Brady. I thought their first meeting was hot and we know Marlena is going to go crazy over it. :D
Were you watching when Kristen was on before? I'm just curious if that's a factor in excitement vs disappointment.
I was watching only intermittently - and mostly when she was still as pure as the driven snow. So that could be impacting my opinion - I don't really recall hating her guts. :laugh:

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

This feels like Reilly to me (and a little Three's Company at the same time). Very silly, it's all about miscommunication, the characters have to be idiots for it to really work. It's contrived set up to lead somewhere, imho. Let's hope it actually does.

Two things that kinda bug me slightly-

The mugger. Salem is a really dangerous little town. Wasn't Sami just knocked down by a mugger or something? I wish this were a storyline they plan to address- why the hell is it so unsafe?

The accidental touch. Um, OK. Is that going to stir up feelings? Because I'm not sure if I can buy that John has lingering feelings for the woman who locked Marlena in a room. Forgiveness, maybe. But not feelings. So I don't get the point of the accidental touch (another thing I feel is overused). We'll see how it goes.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

lysie
Nov 8 2012, 05:05 PM
JamaicanBeauty7
LuvingLumi
Maybe it's that because I just could see this being another plot device to get John to 'step in' so she doesn't 'corrupt' Brady.....I don't know but it's just strange to me....the fact that John isn't more suspicious of her and keeps telling Marlena that maybe she's not planning something just drives me crazy. It reminds me when Sami just becomes so friendly with Ej after he's done some pretty effing bad shit....both John and Sami become way too trusting when it comes to Ej and Kristen respectfully....they should always have their antennas up and NEVER give them the benefit of the doubt, maybe the story would finally make sense if they did that.

lysie
Member Avatar

I personally don't have an issue with the story itself. I rather like Kristen driving Marlena crazy, but I don't see anything exciting about it. My issue is with Marlena's apparent underhanded action. It's lame, and she's craftier than that. My issue with Kristen/Brady is a whole other thing though. I don't mind her pursuing a relationship with a child of Marlena's and getting under J&M's skin but it should be a kid she doesn't have a parental past with.

six
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
LuvingLumi
The jury's still out on bristen for me, but I've been enjoying the Kristen story, too. I'm genuinely interested in what she's doing and the subtle sweet way she keeps going after Marlena and Marlena's reactions to it are classically soapy.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Kristen should be going after Eric and maybe she will. I would kill to see Eileen Davidson vs. Arianne Zucker. Kristen vs. Nicole. Those two could light it up and PROBABLY, not definitely, have chemistry with Greg Vaughan. I think Eric Martsolf is a kiss of death for his pairings, but hopefully ED will be different.

The parenting thing does not bother me much, but I can see why it would be weird to see. My thing is Brady bedding Kristen is worse than anything John could do. He's getting with someone who was with his father (this happens all the time on soaps, but still gross) and someone that Marlena hates with a passion. At least Eric wasn't around for all of this. I would much rather see Kristen trying to seduce Father Eric than Nicole, to be honest.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

For me the problem with the Brady beating and Marlena erasing that message is that its too soon. I wish Marlena had been cleaning up little crumbs that Kristen had been dropping for John to find for weeks (or on a daily basis) and having no consequences. Kristen could be onto what Marlena was doing and have the mugging faked and when Brady saved the day Kristen could KNOW that Marlena was going to delete the message. Maybe things with the mugging could go further than Kristen planned and Brady could actually end up severely beaten and in a coma or needing a transfusion from John..

It would show that Kristen maybe really is starting to feel something for Brady and also would show that she's playing Marlena like a fiddle. I already know that Marlena is playing into Kristen's hands, but they haven't shown Kristen like celebrating Marlena's craziness yet.

lysie
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Nov 8 2012, 06:37 PM
For me the problem with the Brady beating and Marlena erasing that message is that its too soon. I wish Marlena had been cleaning up little crumbs that Kristen had been dropping for John to find for weeks (or on a daily basis) and having no consequences. Kristen could be onto what Marlena was doing and have the mugging faked and when Brady saved the day Kristen could KNOW that Marlena was going to delete the message. Maybe things with the mugging could go further than Kristen planned and Brady could actually end up severely beaten and in a coma or needing a transfusion from John..

It would show that Kristen maybe really is starting to feel something for Brady and also would show that she's playing Marlena like a fiddle. I already know that Marlena is playing into Kristen's hands, but they haven't shown Kristen like celebrating Marlena's craziness yet.
That might would help, but in the grand scheme of things erasing a message is just not a big deal. I'm sure it will be treated as such, though.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
Nov 8 2012, 04:02 PM
Well, that's lame. It's basically Ross and Rachel when Ross put that message from the bar guy in his pocket instead of just giving it to her. I never thought that was underhanded and I don't think this is either. But since people only pay for stupid things, I'm sure John will leave her, keep the house, and complain about it every day for the next few months until they're rushed back together and get engaged offscreen.
Well, Rachel did move out after she found out about Ross' dastardly deed. And, after she kissed Gavin on the balcony.

Maybe that means John will kiss Kristen??

#ConspiracyTheory

lysie
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Nov 8 2012, 08:10 PM
lysie
Well, that's lame. It's basically Ross and Rachel when Ross put that message from the bar guy in his pocket instead of just giving it to her. I never thought that was underhanded and I don't think this is either. But since people only pay for stupid things, I'm sure John will leave her, keep the house, and complain about it every day for the next few months until they're rushed back together and get engaged offscreen.
Well, Rachel did move out after she found out about Ross' dastardly deed. And, after she kissed Gavin on the balcony.

#ConspiracyTheory
It will be fine, though. She'll get a job in Paris, but she'll get off the plane.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
Nov 8 2012, 08:14 PM
SoapGal1
Nov 8 2012, 08:10 PM
lysie

#ConspiracyTheory
It will be fine, though. She'll get a job in Paris, but she'll get off the plane.
Only if John & Hope go after her in Hope's cab.

AFaithL

BORING. Wake me when Kristen's "true colors" are revealed and she starts pulling some evil shit. Is it that hard to write? Of course not! Enough of this crap. Evil Kristen v Heroine Marlena is what viewers want to see. THAT is where the ratings are....hell, that's where they were from 2005-2007. Let's get with the program, folks! We need to see Kristen plotting and scheming.
Edited by AFaithL, Nov 8 2012, 08:58 PM.

peaches179

Drake's voice has become annoying.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Nov 8 2012, 08:56 PM
BORING. Wake me when Kristen's "true colors" are revealed and she starts pulling some evil shit. Is it that hard to write? Of course not! Enough of this crap. Evil Kristen v Heroine Marlena is what viewers want to see. THAT is where the ratings are....hell, that's where they were from 2005-2007. Let's get with the program, folks! We need to see Kristen plotting and scheming.
I don't know, I kind of like the idea of Marlena getting all paranoid & pulling some sneaky stunts.

It just needs to be more than erasing a message about Brady bumping his head.

tylerbo20

Lazy writing because these writers do not want to write for marlena/John/Kristen that storyline came down the line from Sony/NBC these writers are invested in Jenn Dan rafe Nicole Brady ej Sami

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

Ej, Sami's boss, pulleze, shitty, lazy writing. But what do I expect for the pair from hell, but hellish writing.

onceinalifetime
Member Avatar

Jane083
Nov 8 2012, 04:16 PM
What I am really hoping for is that John is just playing along like he believes Kristen but in reality he is trying to see what she and Stefano have planned. I don't want John to be played the fool like he was in 1996 thru 1997 with Kristen and all of her lying scheming behavior. I want John and Marlena to team up to prove what she is all about. It would be great if Jarlena even act as if they break up so as to trap Kristen. They could have secret romantic trysts while everyone in town, especially Kristen and Stefano , think they have destroyed the super couple. To me that would be a great story.
What you describe reminds me of the Jack/Jennifer/Hawk storyline in early 1992. Jack knew that Hawk was scamming J&J since their honeymoon and proved it to Jennifer. After that, they concocted a scheme to "con the con" and it was great for the audience to watch. The scheme involved several other cast members and it was great fun for the viewers to watch. The audience wasn't privy to the exact scheme so it was exciting. I don't know about anyone else who watched at that time but I was really shocked when Hawk shot Jack...I didn't know if he was really dead or what.

Anyway, the kind of story you're describing is fun for the audience to watch IMO.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I *LOVE* it..ALL of it!!

Bring on the destruction of Jarlena at the hands of Kristen!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply