Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Marlena takes a stand against Kristen; Airs week of Nov. 12
Topic Started: Nov 8 2012, 02:46 PM (4,853 Views)
px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Y'know, I think I'll wind up irritated only if Kristen genuinely wants John. So I hope she is just in it to destroy them.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

presley cat
Member Avatar

Kristin, Kristin, Kristin, did Daddy Dearest forget to tell you that Marlena was the only person who ever brought him down? Did he forget to tell you how cold and calculating she was with that hypodermic needle? So, Kristin if you see Marlena coming and she is carrying her Dr's. bag you need to hide.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Nov 8 2012, 10:44 PM
I *LOVE* it..ALL of it!!

Bring on the destruction of Jarlena at the hands of Kristen!
You're saying these things to tourcher me aren't you? lmao

jackjenfan
Member Avatar

I can only give support to this story solely based on the fact it's putting John and Marlena on my screen for a steady amount of time. I have been waiting countless months for that to happen. I would rather watch a story where John has to take his stupid dumb ass pills to sell it ahead of instant true lubbers Nick and Gabi having sex right out of the ball park, or Sami play dress up as we forget she has no education at all to have any sort of business position that she does, and completely act like a pop tart as she floats from ex to ex, or watching the over the top drama hell that is Dannifer.

With John and Marlena on more, I may be tempted to actually watch a full episode, instead of giving into my itchy channel changer finger that goes off whenever I see Daniel and Jennifer together in a scene.

andromeda
Member Avatar

I hate this effing show. That is all.

bstreis
Member Avatar
No matter what you think, I DO love you.

OMG. If I had *any* inclinations to even attempt to watch DAYs to see how they were handling the JnM/Kritter story reading this has sent me running in the opposite direction. Condolences to my fellow JnM fans. I'll stick with GH thanks and just live with the past fond memories of my favorite couple.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

OY,she deletes a message,big whoop,pales in comparison with what other chicks have done on here.DOOL you suck,thank goodness for YouTube where anyone can see DOOL when it was good.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

BalscoFan5
Nov 9 2012, 01:12 PM
OY,she deletes a message,big whoop,pales in comparison with what other chicks have done on here.DOOL you suck,thank goodness for YouTube where anyone can see DOOL when it was good.
This is obviously true, but Kristen is trying to drive Marlena to do things like this and act crazy and its starting to work. I don't expect this to be the BIG thing that Marlena does wrong, but maybe the first step. Didn't Corday say she starts doing un-Marlena like things? Plural? Okay, maybe we shouldn't trust a word Corday says, but I think this is just the beginning.

I guess we don't know how this will play out yet, but if Brady NEEDS John to be there and Marlena deletes the message then this is actually a huge deal. If Brady is just beat up, but conscious the whole time, then this is going to fall flat because DAYS writers suck. And John and Brady will probably overreact. I can see hating that. But it just depends on Brady's condition.

bstreis
Member Avatar
No matter what you think, I DO love you.

DiMeraFan67
Nov 9 2012, 01:17 PM
I guess we don't know how this will play out yet, but if Brady NEEDS John to be there and Marlena deletes the message then this is actually a huge deal. If Brady is just beat up, but conscious the whole time, then this is going to fall flat because DAYS writers suck. And John and Brady will probably overreact. I can see hating that. But it just depends on Brady's condition.
Marlena deleting the message without knowing what it says is a big deal esp since it concerns Brady but what shits me is....WHY? Shit like this doesn't work because of the relationship John and Marlena should have at this point in time after ALL the shit they've been through. It's like middle school bullshit from a couple that should be way way passed that. "Good Girl Kritter" causing Marlena to go bat shit crazy and DumbJohn emerging to sympathize with her just makes no sense in my head. This show just constantly finds ways to disappoint. Sigh.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Its childish of Marlena, but I think she can see that John is being fooled by Kristen pulling a guilt trip on him about the past. Even if John doesn't believe that she's changed, maybe he's realizing that part of what happened with Kristen going totally batshit crazy is his fault.. Or at least he's blaming himself so he's trying to give her a slight benefit of the doubt. John is an idiot for the most part. I guess Marlena is trying to protect him, not necessarily their relationship. I don't think Marlena expects him to cheat on her.

I say "maybe" and "I don't think" because the writers are not even hinting at what direction they're going with all of this. I kinda like it. Just hope its not something this simple that separates John and Marlena. It would need to be something way more serious. Like if Brady died that would be a whole different story.

I think throwing Brady and Kristen together just makes no sense because this will bother John and Marlena because they don't want Brady with Kristen, but it should be a relief to Marlena that she isn't going after John. I would love to see Kristen use Brady and drop him for Eric Brady though. Really drive Marlena crazy. The whole Brady-Kristen possible relationship is really a turn off for me, even if they're pretty together.

leela46
Member Avatar

I like this, I want to see Kristen drive Marlena batshit crazy. I hate when Marlena is written as Saint Marlena the Perfect and Infallible. And if Jarlena's relationship isn't going to be challenged, then what's the point of having them on the show at all. I prefer when couples face major obstacles, break up and find their way back together. These characters and couples are supposed to be put through the wringer. It is a soap opera after all.

Helpless Romantic

Not so crazy about this. It's a real shame that Kristen and EJ are related because they do have chemistry and are exactly alike in their obsessions with John and Sami. I know Kristen is adopted but they still wouldn't go there with her and EJ because the merry go round from hell must continue at all costs :sarcasm: while Kristen is the catalyst to naking that happen :x ED is being wasted.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Nov 9 2012, 02:30 PM.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

I think it would be fantastic if Kristen's plan was to gaslight Marlena into murdering John and succeeded!

Helpless Romantic

bstreis
Nov 9 2012, 01:04 PM
OMG. If I had *any* inclinations to even attempt to watch DAYs to see how they were handling the JnM/Kritter story reading this has sent me running in the opposite direction. Condolences to my fellow JnM fans. I'll stick with GH thanks and just live with the past fond memories of my favorite couple.
To Sami and John:
Posted Image

rae

AFaithL
Nov 8 2012, 08:56 PM
BORING. Wake me when Kristen's "true colors" are revealed and she starts pulling some evil shit. Is it that hard to write? Of course not! Enough of this crap. Evil Kristen v Heroine Marlena is what viewers want to see. THAT is where the ratings are....hell, that's where they were from 2005-2007. Let's get with the program, folks! We need to see Kristen plotting and scheming.
The show needs to stop with all the John and Kristen in love flashbacks and start showing the Marlena and evil Kristen flashbacks. That's what I'm waiting to see!!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

rae
Nov 9 2012, 05:12 PM
AFaithL
Nov 8 2012, 08:56 PM
BORING. Wake me when Kristen's "true colors" are revealed and she starts pulling some evil shit. Is it that hard to write? Of course not! Enough of this crap. Evil Kristen v Heroine Marlena is what viewers want to see. THAT is where the ratings are....hell, that's where they were from 2005-2007. Let's get with the program, folks! We need to see Kristen plotting and scheming.
The show needs to stop with all the John and Kristen in love flashbacks and start showing the Marlena and evil Kristen flashbacks. That's what I'm waiting to see!!
Exactly. Close to no one liked John and Kristen together back then, but almost everybody LOOOOVED Marlena vs Kristen.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I think the main issue with all of this is the lack of foundation.

If Kristen were in town for a few weeks, systematically chipping away at Marlena's relationships with her children while planting a seed in John's mind that perhaps Doc isn't such a saint (as John defends her, of course), and then Marlena did something like this- I think it would probably be awesome.

I feel like we need MarDar's ability to set things up AND this crew's willingness to actually plow through a story. That balance could be greatness.

I'm a little biased though because I'd love for Days to showcase non-romantic relationships for awhile, and I firmly believe Marlena's biggest unexplored flaw is her failure as a mother (imho, of course). Or if not a flaw, it could be a legit source of insecurity given how her children are either troubled (Sami, Brady) or troubled and hiding far away (Belle, Carrie).

And it'd be nice to see women acting, at least initially, with a motive other than a man.

alstonboy4315
Member Avatar
"Even iron bends"..Victoria Rowell

DAYS needs an enema...........and a shot of chili pepper.......and adrenaline.........and electroshock therapy!! This shit is sooooo boring. I know James Reilly is turning cartwheels in his grave. Never did I think I'd find myself wishing for Dena Higley to come back, but right about now.... :unsure: :unsure:

And since when does Kristen resort to childishly stupid bullshit like stealing cell phones and paying off little girls to pretend to be hurt? Does that even constitute being a "villainess"?? That's some crap that an ingenue like Gabi would do, not Kristen.

GMAFB!!! :soapbox: :soapbox:
Edited by alstonboy4315, Nov 9 2012, 08:10 PM.

alstonboy4315
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Nov 8 2012, 02:51 PM
I said it way back, and I'l gonna say it again... this is so lazy.
Nope, this is comatose. Lazy would be the writers actually trying. lol. But I totally get what you're saying. These jackasses are asleep at the wheel......

alstonboy4315
Member Avatar

BalscoFan5
Nov 8 2012, 04:24 PM
This storyline is stupid.
I agree. Is it too late for Eileen to go back to Jill Farren Phelps and beg for her job back??

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply