Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Nicole sees Eric; Airs week of Nov. 12
Topic Started: Nov 8 2012, 02:51 PM (4,812 Views)
LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

SocRMum1
Nov 8 2012, 04:49 PM
LuvingLumi
Nov 8 2012, 04:44 PM
Dee-anne
Nov 8 2012, 04:32 PM
LuvingLumi
Nov 8 2012, 04:19 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
That just sounds awful. I don't want them putting Rafe with Nicole. Please no! Not with another Sami left over. It is bad enough that Eric is Sami's brother.

But the fact that we don't want them to happen, shows that their is more chance of it happening So, Nicole goes from one awful story straight into another.

They should give her help and not through Rafe who they have not ceased to pimp. Brady is closer to Nicole and have known her longer and it is Rafe they chose to be compassionate towards her, while Brady stands around. Just more unbelievabke nonsense.

They wont have her being alone for a while and trying to heal, or give her a job to show her trying and being independent. The first thing they do is throw another man in her path, to be her saviour. We are not even through her story yet, where she was going to kill herself over a man that told her he did not love her but, love someone else.

I agree....but I don't for a minute think that this show will have Rafe in the same limbo that they perpetually put Lucas in.....so while Tee got a girlfriend, Dan has Jen, Ej will be trying to win Sami over, Kristen is going to end up fooling John, Rafe will likely end up being 'there' for Nicole and even if it's just to piss off Sami then I can see them doing it...NO WAY is Rafe going to not be in a story..NO WAY
Yeah, I agree. Unless they surprise us and suddenly bring Carrie back they are going to have to move Rafe somewhere for now - and they have seemed to make it a point to build the friendship between Racole. Rafe has actually gotten the best writing out of everyone at the tail end of that story in regard to Nicole.

I don't think they'll wait long to pursue Eric and Nicole romantically, though. This show hasn't been subtle in a very long time - and it's been clear since it was announced GV was coming on as Eric that Eric would be in story with Nicole. Having Nicole abort her plans to go out of town solely because she knows Eric is in town gives me a sinking feeling that she's going to jump immediately from the omgIlovedanielneeddanielwilldiewithoutdaniel to danielwho? while she's batting her eyes at Eric. But I could see them having Rafe step in to give her friendly advice and set up a bit of something between them for at least a little while.
I'm assuming that maybe they axed the Carrie return because they realized that Rafe could easily move on to Nicole for a few months while they took their time building up Ericole....no need to pay another actress when you can use Nicole and Rafe as placeholders....even if it's a ONS between the two that goes no where, it's just something for him to do...

Oh and on the Ericole...I just wish they would take it slow..but I know how they operate, because building up a couple needs writing that isn't lazy....so yeah....we know how this will end don't we?
Edited by LuvingLumi, Nov 8 2012, 05:01 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

I hope that this reunion is worth it.

Dee-anne

LuvingLumi
Nov 8 2012, 04:57 PM
SocRMum1
LuvingLumi
Dee-anne
Nov 8 2012, 04:32 PM

I agree....but I don't for a minute think that this show will have Rafe in the same limbo that they perpetually put Lucas in.....so while Tee got a girlfriend, Dan has Jen, Ej will be trying to win Sami over, Kristen is going to end up fooling John, Rafe will likely end up being 'there' for Nicole and even if it's just to piss off Sami then I can see them doing it...NO WAY is Rafe going to not be in a story..NO WAY
Yeah, I agree. Unless they surprise us and suddenly bring Carrie back they are going to have to move Rafe somewhere for now - and they have seemed to make it a point to build the friendship between Racole. Rafe has actually gotten the best writing out of everyone at the tail end of that story in regard to Nicole.

I don't think they'll wait long to pursue Eric and Nicole romantically, though. This show hasn't been subtle in a very long time - and it's been clear since it was announced GV was coming on as Eric that Eric would be in story with Nicole. Having Nicole abort her plans to go out of town solely because she knows Eric is in town gives me a sinking feeling that she's going to jump immediately from the omgIlovedanielneeddanielwilldiewithoutdaniel to danielwho? while she's batting her eyes at Eric. But I could see them having Rafe step in to give her friendly advice and set up a bit of something between them for at least a little while.
I'm assuming that maybe they axed the Carrie return because they realized that Rafe could easily move on to Nicole for a few months while they took their time building up Ericole....no need to pay another actress when you can use Nicole and Rafe as placeholders....even if it's a ONS between the two that goes no where, it's just something for him to do...

Oh and on the Ericole...I just wish they would take it slow..but I know how they operate, because building up a couple needs writing that isn't lazy....so yeah....we know how this will end don't we?
They need more women on the show in Sami and NIcole's age group. It is ridiculous that they have the men outnumbering the females.

Harmony233

Dee-anne
Nov 8 2012, 05:14 PM
LuvingLumi
Nov 8 2012, 04:57 PM
SocRMum1
LuvingLumi

They need more women on the show in Sami and NIcole's age group. It is ridiculous that they have the men outnumbering the females.
IA thought it was stupid to get rid of Carrie in the first place I would also like another woman in this age group

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

So.

For a man she hasn't talked to, apparently (since she doesn't know he's a priest- but does anyone?), she cancels a visit to her sister. Whatever. ITA with whoever upthread said they should have had her leave town for awhile- not long, necessarily, but maybe through the holidays. It's OK to give characters a short rest, imho.

The phrase Brady Family Reunion got me really excited. How much fun would that kind of event be, especially with Kristen back in town to fuck with Marlena during the event. Call in people temporarily, showcase family...sigh.

elaine

I believe that after the tremendous performance that Ari did, which I would expect is Emmy-winning caliber, this is what happens?? It's a lousy letdown after all that high drama, and not what one would find acceptable. Now, he could offer to counsel her as a Priest, but anything else is just not acceptable in my mind. (then of course, I'm not one of the writers, am I?)

lazydazes
Member Avatar

bring on ericole. This is the only reason that i`ve been hanging on for all these months. Ready for the angst and drama that ensues between ericole. I do agree, however, about a job and apartment. She needs both. After all is said/done only thing that concerns me is az/gv`s chemistry. If it`s there the story will work.
And i don`t want to see nicole mope around for another six months. There`s been enough of that since griefsex and current fiasco. And it`s not like ericole r even in an intimate relationship. She just runs into him and nothing more. Plus who else on the show is grieving for an extended period? Ej has a dead son and could potentially be involved with abby and already is involved with sami. Shouldn`t he be `getting` himself together too?
So, i say bring on ericole. I can and will overlook everything else.

six
Member Avatar

Why would Nicole be going to visit Taylor? Have they forgotten that she has a relative she actually likes?

I'm looking forward to seeing Eric and Nicole together again.

bomber
Member Avatar

Didn't AZ and GV say they didn't work together much for EV's first few weeks? At least that's what I thought I read somewhere.
Edited by bomber, Nov 8 2012, 11:31 PM.

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Nov 8 2012, 04:19 PM
Hopeless_Dreamer
Nov 8 2012, 04:08 PM
SocRMum1
Nov 8 2012, 03:10 PM
As much as I'm hoping the Eric/Nicole pairing will be fantastic just reading that Nicole decides to stay in town rather than get away for a while to heal and get her head straight is bothersome. I'd much prefer to see her determined to get her life back on track and properly grieve her lost baby rather than making decisions based on a man being back in town that she's had no contact with for years.
That's why they should allow Nicole time to heal instead of giving Nicole what appears to be an instant romance with Eric.

Want to bet how long it takes for one of them to drop a scarf and the other one finds it and starts sniffing it. :laugh:
I'm pretty sure that before they go down the Eric/Nicole road that she will have some sort of a relationship with Rafe. I've been watching the show the last few days live and I've gotten this impression from their scenes that maybe Nicole's 'closure' comes through a self reflective relationship with Rafe. Rafe isn't the type of guy to treat Nicole like shit on his shoe this last go around. He's actually been pretty supportive of her craziness and he was willing to throw his own happiness away to keep her secret running. It only makes sense that TomSell would do something placeholder wise with Rafe and Nicole while they do whatever they want to do with Ejami's lock, stock and whatever and start the slow build up of Eric and Nicole. It would be unrealistic for Eric to immediately take off his collar and in a matter of a month be boinking Nicole, so yeah I think that at least this relationship will have to have something of a build up and since TomSell can't do any story without having Rafe inserted in it then I can see him playing around with Nicole for a little while until Eric and her officially take off. I got a feeling that Nicole will heal through a relationship with Rafe and then when she finally lands Eric she'll manage to fuck up the one relationship that truly means something to her, the one with Eric, lol...
This! The way Rafe comforted Nicole when the truth is revealed rather than rejecting her makes me believe that he has some sort of feelings for her. He never would have done this before, and he only would do this type of thing for people he loves, like Sami or Carrie. I think Rafe and Nicole and EJami could be instamances, before Safe reunite and all the while Ericole will be a very slow build. EJ will probably end up alone, or trying to win back Nicole.

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

Nicole Brady has a certain ring to it.

concerned
Member Avatar

Daysdegrassi
Nov 8 2012, 09:38 PM
Yeah a ring of dullness. Dull Dull.

And it breaks one of the first rules of child naming don't have 2 syllable first names with 2 syllable surnames.

I may be biased but I think she needs a more exotic sounding last name.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Anything that drags Nicole out of Daniel/Jennifer/EJ's orbit is fine by me...thats all I got though at this point.

NikiLani
Member Avatar

Daysdegrassi
Nov 8 2012, 09:38 PM
i understand Ericole and their history but i'd be far happy if she was at least a continent away from anyone with the last name Brady purely because Sami has soured it for me.

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

I want nothing more than nicole to finally find happiness and be with someone who loves only her. Id be ok with it being eric but i want them to start off as friends and for nicole to get her life straight before anymore love intrest comes into play

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

concerned
Nov 8 2012, 09:48 PM
And it breaks one of the first rules of child naming don't have 2 syllable first names with 2 syllable surnames.
Is that really a thing? I think pretty much my whole family is 2 + 2.

happy
Member Avatar

Ugh!!! I HATE that they continue to write Nicole as pathetic and chasing after yet another man!

I freaking HATE T/W. They already fuckex up Kristen's return. Now they are screwing up Eric's return. This show sucks!!!! I can't even stomach reading the spoilers. I am fastforwarding paragraphs and days in the daily write ups. Not only is the show unwatchable, but it's unreadable as well.

I can honestly say T/W suck even worse than I imagined. Congratulations DOOL for performing below my worst expectations. I do NOT believe it can be this difficult to write a soap. Why can't TPTB find a decent head writer! Stop being so cheap and pay a good experienced writer to save this show!!!!

I don't care what it takes - HIRE RACINE & ANDERSON!!!!

concerned
Member Avatar

px780
Nov 8 2012, 11:45 PM
concerned
Nov 8 2012, 09:48 PM
Is that really a thing? I think pretty much my whole family is 2 + 2.
Apparently it is

http://nameberry.com/list/64/Two-Syllable-Baby-Names

my whole family is 2 +2 too.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Ellie
Nov 8 2012, 02:51 PM
Nicole was going to visit Taylor, but she decides to stay in Salem because Eric is there.

:run:

Well thank god for the change of plan! :drunk:
Edited by NocturnalBlondie, Nov 9 2012, 12:14 AM.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

SocRMum1
Nov 8 2012, 03:10 PM
As much as I'm hoping the Eric/Nicole pairing will be fantastic just reading that Nicole decides to stay in town rather than get away for a while to heal and get her head straight is bothersome. I'd much prefer to see her determined to get her life back on track and properly grieve her lost baby rather than making decisions based on a man being back in town that she's had no contact with for years.
Agreed! Since the other option was Taylor though :x , I can't help but to sigh in relief. Lol!

Not that I want AZ off-screen, but had she been pregnant this time around, it would've been perfect timing for a short exit - and it would've done the character some good too after everything they've put her through.
Edited by NocturnalBlondie, Nov 9 2012, 12:06 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply