Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Nicole sees Eric; Airs week of Nov. 12
Topic Started: Nov 8 2012, 02:51 PM (4,863 Views)
mer4santo
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Nov 8 2012, 03:10 PM
As much as I'm hoping the Eric/Nicole pairing will be fantastic just reading that Nicole decides to stay in town rather than get away for a while to heal and get her head straight is bothersome. I'd much prefer to see her determined to get her life back on track and properly grieve her lost baby rather than making decisions based on a man being back in town that she's had no contact with for years.
But Nicole's life MO is to be attached to a man. Nothing new here. What's too bad is that I'm guessing there won't be too many martini dates to look forward to.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

concerned
Nov 8 2012, 11:56 PM
px780
Nov 8 2012, 11:45 PM
concerned
Nov 8 2012, 09:48 PM
And it breaks one of the first rules of child naming don't have 2 syllable first names with 2 syllable surnames.
Is that really a thing? I think pretty much my whole family is 2 + 2.
Apparently it is

http://nameberry.com/list/64/Two-Syllable-Baby-Names

my whole family is 2 +2 too.
Wow, that is just...crazy. And totally wrong, because obviously symmetry is better than a name that sounds clipped because the surname is short, or like it runs on forever because the surname is too long.

In any case, isn't Nicole already 2 + 2 (Nicole Walker, Nicole Dimera)?

Also, kinda sad that for me this is the most interesting discussion point in the thread. Way to go, writers!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Just tell me if they look pretty together. If so, I'll break my four-some odd month hiatus from the show, take a look, drool, and then go back to my life, imagining what probably could have been.

Lady Evol

px780
Nov 9 2012, 06:48 PM
concerned
Nov 8 2012, 11:56 PM
px780
concerned
And it breaks one of the first rules of child naming don't have 2 syllable first names with 2 syllable surnames.
Apparently it is

http://nameberry.com/list/64/Two-Syllable-Baby-Names

my whole family is 2 +2 too.
Wow, that is just...crazy. And totally wrong, because obviously symmetry is better than a name that sounds clipped because the surname is short, or like it runs on forever because the surname is too long.

In any case, isn't Nicole already 2 + 2 (Nicole Walker, Nicole Dimera)?

Also, kinda sad that for me this is the most interesting discussion point in the thread. Way to go, writers!
Di-me-ra.

So which sounds better?

Ni-cole walk-er
Ni-cole di-me-ra

I think 2+2, actually.
OT:
I'm not familiar with GV, but my, he's pleasant to look at, isn't he?

I have never been a Nicole fan, but this shit with Jennifer and losing her baby has been what stopped me from watching the last few weeks. The last episode I saw was when the dr told her that her baby was dead. Seriously, I like to see scheming, bad characters get what's coming to them. Not get driven to the brink of insanity by tragedy and loneliness. Sheesh. I hope this is a turn around for her character, like maybe her stories can NOT make us want to start drinking?

lily20

wonder if they'll do an eric/nicole/brady triangle?
Edited by lily20, Nov 9 2012, 11:32 PM.

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

I really hope that there is chemistry between Nicole and Eric, unfortunately Days has forced couples without chemistry on the viewers a little too often, so it remains to be seen if it's the same shit as always!

Kyan

Anything would be better than the excruciating Dr. shake n bake.

am103
Member Avatar

Even after all this time, I still shiver at the mention of Taylor's name. Eww... Worst character ever.

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

Any one else think there will be a rafe/nicole/eric triangle

concerned
Member Avatar

Please not... I'm not interested in Nikki being stuck between God and God's servant.

She needs someone capable of loving her for all of her strengths...

lazydazes
Member Avatar

of course, i`m all for ericole. Can`t wait to see the az/gv matchup. Initially there probably won`t be any romance btween nicole/eric. And their time will be spent with her coming to terms with her life and then things`ll take a romantic term. And that suits me fine and that`s how i think it will play out. And i`m bankin` on ari/greg having fiery chemistry. Can`t wait 2c them 2gether. As for a brady/nicole/eric triangle, if i had 2 endure one it would be this one. As for rafe/nicole/eric, i would have 2 say no. I like rafe and nicole`s friendship, and nicole would never be happy with rafe because sami would always be a factor. But i still want nicole/rafe 2 stay friends because i really enjoy it.
And i want nicole out of dannifer`s orbit. Can`t endure anymore of dannyboy and pollyanna. But most importantly, i want nicole out of ej`s story. If nothing else this latest saga proved that he never loved nicole at all. And frankly she`s wasted enough of her life/time with a man who`s steadily proven that he`s not the man for her. So, it`s fitting IMO that the only man who`s ever really loved nicole is back on the canvas again with the angst and forbidden elements already present.
Bring on ericole. I`m more than game.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Courtneya6688
Nov 12 2012, 12:55 AM
Any one else think there will be a rafe/nicole/eric triangle
Nah. I can see Rafe being a friend to Nicole,but in a triangle with Eric? Nope. More likely it will end up either being Brady and Eric or eventually, Ej and Eric with Nicole.

camera shy

lazydazes
Nov 12 2012, 07:09 AM
of course, i`m all for ericole. Can`t wait to see the az/gv matchup. Initially there probably won`t be any romance btween nicole/eric. And their time will be spent with her coming to terms with her life and then things`ll take a romantic term. And that suits me fine and that`s how i think it will play out. And i`m bankin` on ari/greg having fiery chemistry. Can`t wait 2c them 2gether. As for a brady/nicole/eric triangle, if i had 2 endure one it would be this one. As for rafe/nicole/eric, i would have 2 say no. I like rafe and nicole`s friendship, and nicole would never be happy with rafe because sami would always be a factor. But i still want nicole/rafe 2 stay friends because i really enjoy it.
And i want nicole out of dannifer`s orbit. Can`t endure anymore of dannyboy and pollyanna. But most importantly, i want nicole out of ej`s story. If nothing else this latest saga proved that he never loved nicole at all. And frankly she`s wasted enough of her life/time with a man who`s steadily proven that he`s not the man for her. So, it`s fitting IMO that the only man who`s ever really loved nicole is back on the canvas again with the angst and forbidden elements already present.
Sami's going to be a factor in Nicole's and Eric's relationship too, she's his twin. Sami's already warning Eric to stay away from Nicole. Where wll this relatioship go? Is Nicole going to marry into the Brady family and if she does will they accept her? My guess is no. And we all know on a soap where a relationship is headed when everyone warns one half of a couple against the other half.....nowhere. Nicole will eventually do something to prove that all the haters were right about her.

Daiseyflower1
Member Avatar

camera shy
Nov 12 2012, 09:57 AM
lazydazes
Sami's going to be a factor in Nicole's and Eric's relationship too, she's his twin. Sami's already warning Eric to stay away from Nicole. Where wll this relatioship go? Is Nicole going to marry into the Brady family and if she does will they accept her? My guess is no. And we all know on a soap where a relationship is headed when everyone warns one half of a couple against the other half.....nowhere. Nicole will eventually do something to prove that all the haters were right about her.
I totally agree.Nicole will do something and all Brady hypocrites will be there with stones to throw. :blah:

camera shy

Daiseyflower1
Nov 12 2012, 10:03 AM
camera shy
Nov 12 2012, 09:57 AM
lazydazes
I totally agree.Nicole will do something and all Brady hypocrites will be there with stones to throw. :blah:
If they have any left after throwing them at EJ because we know he's on his way to screwing up. EJ will be next next in line and then Kristen and then it'll be Nicole's turn again to dodge their stones. Wish one would bounce off Nicole and hit Sami square in the mouth. :D

lazydazes
Member Avatar

The non-acceptance will b part of the angst/drama which raises the stakes for ericole`s forbidden moments. I can remember the high drama when doug didn`t want hope with bo. It added depth/drama to bope`s story.
And of course nicole will continue to scheme, etc and she wouldn`t be nicole if she didn`t. As for sami, eric is her brother so voicing her opposition is about the only thing she can do. And it would revamp the old nicole/sami rivalry but in an interesting way. Brady dinner celebrations with nicole in tow will be entertaining. I can only imagine the barbs and remarks that`ll flow. As for triangles, frankly, i am tired of them because the story goes nowhere fast and neither fan camp gets anything out of it. That`s why the show is in the disheveled shape that it`s in now because of pandering in too many directions. So it would be wise on the writer`s part to start building strong twosomes like the bopes/jarlenas of old. Of course they probably won`t. And if i had 2c a triangle, it`d be brady/nicole/eric.
But about the only wisest things they have done is hire greg vaughan. Loved him on GH and i can`t wait to see him as eric. And the great thing is that gv/az have already screen-tested and ari practically has chemistry with everyone that she works with. So can`t wait for this ericole matchup. (And GV is mighty fine 2 look at 2 and that means more eye candy which is another huge bonus for me. Aren`t we lucky!)

Deleted User
Deleted User

If Eric is Nicole's one true love then why do the writers feel the need to change Nicole's character? They already have her apologizing to JenBitch one week, I'm scared to imagine what's coming up if they continue to try to redeem Nicole to fit with Eric and the hypocritical Brady's who will continue to bash her regardless. That being said I do hope Nicols's allowed some form of happiness, though I honestly have my doubts with this show after the stunt they pulled with the baby. :shame:
Quote Post Goto Top

Sariah
Member Avatar

px780
concerned
Yeah, all four of my kids have a two syllable first name and a two syllable last name (not intentional, just the names we liked best). And my husband's family almost all have a two syllable first name with that same two syllable last name.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

IMO the writers aren`t changing nicole`s character. Nicole is suffering from a mental breakdown over her baby. And part of the process of her healing is acceptance. As for her apology to jenny rose, i am willing to endure anything to end their story/association. It`ll be worth the price. And eric`s involvement will be part of her healing process and he`ll be that sound voice/strong supporter that she needs. After that, the steamy, forbidden romance will probably ensue. And GV/AZ will know how 2 bring the steamy, forbidden angst.

Dany_E

Harmony233
Nov 8 2012, 05:16 PM
Dee-anne
Nov 8 2012, 05:14 PM
LuvingLumi
Nov 8 2012, 04:57 PM
SocRMum1
Nov 8 2012, 04:49 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I'm assuming that maybe they axed the Carrie return because they realized that Rafe could easily move on to Nicole for a few months while they took their time building up Ericole....no need to pay another actress when you can use Nicole and Rafe as placeholders....even if it's a ONS between the two that goes no where, it's just something for him to do...

Oh and on the Ericole...I just wish they would take it slow..but I know how they operate, because building up a couple needs writing that isn't lazy....so yeah....we know how this will end don't we?
They need more women on the show in Sami and NIcole's age group. It is ridiculous that they have the men outnumbering the females.
IA thought it was stupid to get rid of Carrie in the first place I would also like another woman in this age group
God, sometimes I'm so thick. I just realized why there's more men than women and why it's likely to stay that way for the foreseeable future.... TRIANGLES!!! The last few years' writers are all in love with the 2+ men fighting over 1 woman triangle. They know that we, the audience, always end up taking sides based on which man we prefer, and, in that way, invest in the outcome even as it drives us (and those not invested) crazy trying to win. And the more characters you involve in the love geometry, the more chance they'll hit on one that a particular viewer cares about so they will invest. I don't give a rat's ass about Sami, never have, never will - but stick EJ in there and I'll (painfully) watch her.

I know soap writing is formulaic and there's always been triangles - but now everyone is stuck in some geometry. Practically speaking, it makes sense. If something isn't working in a particular set of geometric variables, you just move one variable to another geometric setup and try that. Everybody has a "story". I think my issue is that the triangle used to just be setup for character examination. Most everybody knew who the winner was supposed to be - the fun was in how the winner and his intended would find their way to be together. Now, all the characters are different shades of gray and who I think the winner should be may be different from who you think the winner should be because it's based on personal taste (even though we justify our personal taste by delineating all the reasons why our personal taste is the "right" one).

I guess I used to feel Days took more chances and told organic love stories. But I think I was fooled by the better writers they used to have and fooled by the time those writers took to resolve their stories in what felt like a natural way. Now I can see the "man behind the curtain" directing the insta-romance as setup for the eventual triangle. I guess I don't mourn the loss of "organic" love stories so much as I miss the curtain that had been pulled in front of my eyes in the past.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply