Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Nicole sees Eric; Airs week of Nov. 12
Topic Started: Nov 8 2012, 02:51 PM (4,895 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

If they wanted to pair GV's character with AZ they should have brought him in as a bad boy, the whole thing with him being a priest and Sami's twin is a huge turn off to me.
Quote Post Goto Top

Dany_E

Hopeless_Dreamer
Nov 12 2012, 11:24 AM
If they wanted to pair GV's character with AZ they should have brought him in as a bad boy, the whole thing with him being a priest and Sami's twin is a huge turn off to me.
I think Nicole is supposed to be the "bad" one in need of redemption. Eric will struggle with trying to help her as a man of God while wanting to bed her. Classic "Thorn Birds". Hopefully, Sami will only be peripherally involved. Yeah... I know...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

Hopeless_Dreamer
I agree. I would have like to seen GV as a bad boy. The good guys are always boring to me and this show has too many of them. GV is very handsome and he could have pulled off the mysterious stranger, wealthy business mogul type who comes to town and catches the eye of Salem's women. But Nicole would catch his eye and he would chase after her while they flirted over a few martinis.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Dany_E
Nov 12 2012, 11:31 AM
Hopeless_Dreamer
I think Nicole is supposed to be the "bad" one in need of redemption. Eric will struggle with trying to help her as a man of God while wanting to bed her. Classic "Thorn Birds". Hopefully, Sami will only be peripherally involved. Yeah... I know...
I guess I'm in the minority but I've never been a fan of those types of storylines. And I hate the thought of Nicole being redeemed. :shame:
Quote Post Goto Top

Dany_E

Hopeless_Dreamer
Nov 12 2012, 11:37 AM
Dany_E
Nov 12 2012, 11:31 AM
Hopeless_Dreamer
I guess I'm in the minority but I've never been a fan of those types of storylines. And I hate the thought of Nicole being redeemed. :shame:
I kind of like them in a "Last Temptation of Christ" Jesus-gives-in-to-his-human-desires-and-sleeps-with-Mary-Magdalene way. What can I say? I struggle with Nicole. I want her redeemed so she can be happy but then I don't because she's entertaining as she is.

annie21

Sariah
Nov 12 2012, 10:47 AM
px780
Nov 8 2012, 11:45 PM
concerned
Nov 8 2012, 09:48 PM
And it breaks one of the first rules of child naming don't have 2 syllable first names with 2 syllable surnames.
Is that really a thing? I think pretty much my whole family is 2 + 2.
Yeah, all four of my kids have a two syllable first name and a two syllable last name (not intentional, just the names we liked best). And my husband's family almost all have a two syllable first name with that same two syllable last name.

Cast Names (2+2)
Casey Deidrick
Judi Evans
Galen Gering
Lauren Koslow
Eric Martsolf
Chandler Massey
Nathan Owens
Terrell Ransom Jr.
Lisa Rinna
Suzanne Rogers
Schuyler Yancey

(The count goes up if you include the popular shortened names of Ali Sweeney and Ari Zucker. Also, that's just the current cast. Peter Reckell, Christie Clark, Patrick Muldoon, Matthew Ashford and Molly Burnett are a few of the recently departed cast members who would be included )

Character Names (2+2)
Alice Horton
Thomas Horton
Lucas Horton
Michael Horton
(Maggie Horton - most used shortened form)
Carrie Brady
Chelsea Brady
Eric Brady
Frankie (or Francois) Brady
Kayla Brady (or Johnson)
(Sami Brady -- most used shortened form)
Julie Williams (last name sounds like two syllables)
Daniel Jonas (first name sounds like two syllables)
Nicole Walker

I know I'm leaving out quite a few.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Plus, Nicole's name has an anacrusis, which means that the emphasis is really on the second syllable, which doesn't count for this two-syllable name rule. (Although, both of my names have two syllables, and so did my maiden name, and I kinda like it!)

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

soapnet eric and nicole
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=195649357238589&set=vb.54025165143&type=3&theater

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

so eric work out before he tell anyone is in town :lol:

Alana
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Nov 12 2012, 12:53 PM
Plus, Nicole's name has an anacrusis, which means that the emphasis is really on the second syllable, which doesn't count for this two-syllable name rule. (Although, both of my names have two syllables, and so did my maiden name, and I kinda like it!)
LOL...do I have to seriously worry now (about what anyway ? lol), because both of my names have 3 syllables??

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Thanks, I feel better about my 2+2 existence now!

About the story- I'm not so convinced that Nicole will be redeemed as part of this. If patterns hold, someone else will pop up for Eric at some point and Nicole will be tossed to the side. I've been wondering if maybe Chloe would fill that slot, if she were staying longer, once they dealt with the whole Parker paternity thing. I can't imagine Chloe being slaughtered at the alter of Dan/Jen anymore than I can imagine Nicole successfully falling in love.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply