Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings Oct 29 - Nov 2: NBC Press Release
Topic Started: Nov 9 2012, 02:28 PM (1,435 Views)
Ellie

Days Of Our Lives' SCORES A 10-WEEK HIGH AMONG WOMEN 18-49

IN THE VALUABLE WOMEN 18-34 DEMO, ‘DAYS’ MATCHES ITS HIGHEST rating IN NEARLY A YEAR

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. – November 9, 2012 – “Days Of Our Lives” has delivered a 10-week high in women 18-49 and matched its best women 18-34 rating in nearly a year, according to “live plus same day” ratings results for the week of October 29-November 2 from Nielsen Media Research.

Note that Nielsen considers the October 29-November 2 week a "breakout" due to extensive disruptions caused by Hurricane Sandy and the week's results will not be included in season program averages.

For the week, "Days Of Our Lives" averaged a 0.9 rating, 5 share among women 18-49 and a 0.6 rating among women 18-34, to tie for #5 among network daytime series in the women 18-49 demographic and tie for #4 in the women 18-34 race.

"Days" delivered its top women 18-49 and women 18-34 ratings since August 20-24 and equaled its highest women 18-34 rating since the week of November 21-15, 2011.

Season to date, "Days Of Our Lives" is tied for #5 in the women 18-49 category and tied for #4 in the women 18-34 demo. In total viewers, "Days" is up this season versus last by 2 percent (2.603 million vs. 2.558 million).

Ratings reflect “live plus same day” data from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise noted. Season-to-date figures are averages of “live plus seven day” data except for the two most recent weeks, which are “live plus same day.”
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

It does appear that there is interest in ED's return.....now they have to write a good story, that's all.

happy
Member Avatar

Damn it. Looks like T/W are staying.

Romancer66

happy
Nov 9 2012, 07:07 PM
Damn it. Looks like T/W are staying.
Wouldn't necessarily bet the farm on that. Not unless the uptick actually lasts beyond a week or two. Let's see what happens when things like the election and Hurricane Sandy don't factor into the equation.
Edited by Romancer66, Nov 9 2012, 07:46 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tylerbo20

as much as i slam days...i watched and started to remember why i liked john/kristen....:( i felt for her during the scenes at the cabin ff everything else..

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

LuvingLumi
Nov 9 2012, 02:40 PM
It does appear that there is interest in ED's return.....now they have to write a good story, that's all.
Yeah right. You know they'll throw the credit to Dan/Jen.

AHM

^Oh, I hope not. If that storyline is garnering viewers, I think it's due to Nicole.

bomber
Member Avatar

Tuesday was the only really good day and that was Peter Reckell's last day. Take that away and it was a pretty average week for Days.

happy
Member Avatar

bomber
Nov 10 2012, 03:11 AM
Tuesday was the only really good day and that was Peter Reckell's last day. Take that away and it was a pretty average week for Days.
Oh. Okay. That makes sense. For a moment, I thought I was living in an alternate universe.

Imagine how much higher the ratings would have been on Tuesday if they had actually promoted PR's exit. I would think only diehard PR fans or Internet board fans would have known it was his last day.

Obviously Bo Brady and PR can move ratings. Imagine how much higher the ratings would have been if they had given him a proper send off with a front burner story line.

Or maybe the ratings wouldn't have dropped so much if they had been using PR the past year or so. Rather than regulating him to background so that fans got tired and lost hope of seeing any one on their screens besides the few favorite anointed ones of TPTB.

bomber
Member Avatar

They could keep their ratings high by getting rid of one major player each week. I vote for Daniel this week, Jennifer next week, then Rafe........ :D

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply