Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of November 26th; *updated 11/17*
Topic Started: Nov 9 2012, 07:22 PM (38,318 Views)
JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

I can't believe we are talking about Twilight. I hate that movie. Oh, how quickly this thread has turned. :facepalm:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Ljay
Nov 21 2012, 01:31 AM
-DVR Alert:: Nick comes up with a solution to Gabi's predicament: marry him and tell everyone the baby is his.

Well HELL! That should fix EVERYTHING! :rolleyes:
Some genius he is!

Since this show is refocusing on religion somewhat, aren't young, unmarried pregnant girls supposed to be shipped off to a convent? If Will had to propose for the sake of traditionalism, the show might as well continue to play up the outdated modes of thinking.

Vicky4Mimi

Y'all probably have already heard this--but I was looking through the new SOD and there is a tiny spoiler about this Chad/Ej and Gabi mess. It says EJ and Chad have a heated arguement over Chad's obession with exacting revenge on Gabi....???? That comes within a hair of saying EJ will do the right thing??? Can that be possible?? It will be interesting to find out what the real story is here.

Helpless Romantic

Vicky4Mimi
Nov 21 2012, 07:59 PM
Y'all probably have already heard this--but I was looking through the new SOD and there is a tiny spoiler about this Chad/Ej and Gabi mess. It says EJ and Chad have a heated arguement over Chad's obession with exacting revenge on Gabi....???? That comes within a hair of saying EJ will do the right thing??? Can that be possible?? It will be interesting to find out what the real story is here.
Its probably fake concern over Gabi so he looks good in Sami's eyes. I wouldn't be surprised if she's there or overhears the argument and EJ realizes she is listening. Doing the right thing for the sake of doing the right thing? Never gonna happen, especially since that's part of his scheming menacing plot with Kristen to "grow closer" no doubt to Sami. So he's only looking out for his own selfish wants and needs as always. He already proved Gabi was expendable to him when he threatened to have her thrown in jail, unless Rafe gave Samanther up to him.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Nov 21 2012, 09:04 PM.

Vicky4Mimi

Helpless Romantic
Nov 21 2012, 08:12 PM
Vicky4Mimi
its probably fake concern over Gabi so he looks good in Sami's eyes. I wouldn't be surprised if she's there or overhears the argument and EJ realizes she is listening. Doing the right thing for the sake of doing the right thing? Never gonna happen, especially since that's part of his scheming menacing plot with Kristen to "grow closer" no doubt to Sami. So he's only looking out for his own selfish wants and needs as always. He already proved Gabi was expendable to him when he threatened to have her thrown in jail, unless Rafe gave Samanther up to him.
true story.

rfsexton
Member Avatar
Queen of Texas

rpmaluki
Nov 21 2012, 03:30 AM
BeeBee
Nov 21 2012, 01:34 AM
SocRMum1
Nov 20 2012, 12:08 PM
camera shy
Nov 20 2012, 12:00 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
If he were Rafe, maybe. :laugh:

Throughout the history of their relationship EJ has at times gone after people Sami cares about - John, Bo, Kayla, Lucas, Rafe, etc. It's nothing new. And encouraging Chad to seek revenge against Gabi is barely in the same league. EJ isn't setting out to hurt her himself - he's simply giving his brother advice that is in character for who he is. And EJ knows that Gabi basically got away free and clear with setting things in motion that not only ended with Chad losing his love (not to mention people being killed). It makes sense to me that EJ wouldn't have any qualms about telling Chad to go for it in regard to getting some revenge. It will no doubt blow up in one or both of their faces - but it definitely fits who he is and doesn't really have any reflection on the fact that he still loves Sami, just as he always has.
I don't want to digress too much but the fact that EJ intentionally goes after people he know Sami cares about makes me believe he is obsessed with having Sami but he does not really "love" Sami.When you love someone you want them to be happy above all else and you do everything in your power to make that happen.I can understand EJ doing bad things to Lucas and Rafe because they are rivals for Sami but not to others that she cares about.
He's done this before. That's why it's so impossible for me to believe he :x loves/loved her . He has no qualms about going after those she loves. He gets his kicks from torturing her loved ones be it physically or emotionally never mind what he's done to her FOR YEARS! How in the world is this love? She may have forgiven him for all the crap he's done to her (I don't know how a sane person could but this is Sami so whatevs...) but will she turn a blind eye when his role is exposed in what's shaping up to be Chad torturing the mother of her first grandchild? I should say no but this is Sami we're talking about. I just hope Lucas will not stand for that sh*t and knock him (EJ) down a few pegs.

It may be a dream but a girl can dream.
I am hoping Sami and Lucas present a united front against ej. I would love to see the two of them team together to bring him down.

To make it even more "soapy," they could have Sami have nightmares about all the evil things ej has done to her and her family members. That would set the stage for her to want to bring him down even more.

Posted Image

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

Helpless Romantic
Vicky4Mimi
Its probably fake concern over Gabi so he looks good in Sami's eyes. I wouldn't be surprised if she's there or overhears the argument and EJ realizes she is listening. Doing the right thing for the sake of doing the right thing? Never gonna happen, especially since that's part of his scheming menacing plot with Kristen to "grow closer" no doubt to Sami. So he's only looking out for his own selfish wants and needs as always. He already proved Gabi was expendable to him when he threatened to have her thrown in jail, unless Rafe gave Samanther up to him.
Kinda pointless to fake concern when the person to be fake around isn't there and Chad isn't instrumental to said "scheme." Since I haven't read the article nor seen the scenes, I cannot assume that she is there or that she isn't, though it's noted that there no mention of Sami around when EJ and Chad have this discussion in spoilers. Either way, I'll have to see how it plays out before I make a judgment call.

Helpless Romantic

JamaicanBeauty7
Nov 21 2012, 09:15 PM
Helpless Romantic
Vicky4Mimi
Kinda pointless to fake concern when the person to be fake around isn't there and Chad isn't instrumental to said "scheme." Since I haven't read the article nor seen the scenes, I cannot assume that she is there or that she isn't, though it's noted that there no mention of Sami around when EJ and Chad have this discussion in spoilers. Either way, I'll have to see how it plays out before I make a judgment call.
I'm just stating my opinion based on EJ's past behaviour. NOWHERE did I say what will happen is fact but EJ being ready to throw Gabi in jail happened very recently unless "Rafe gave her up". Same for why he didn't pursue anything legally against Rafe or Daniel over the baby drama- to impress Sami. Whether she overhears their argument or not is irrelevant but the fact remains his "acting good" is to get in her pants and not because he doesn't want revenge or isn't cooking up schemes of payback. I was just stating a predictable scenario of how things could go down is all. This show is nothing if not predictable. Also I don't think what I said is a stretch because EJ is her boss now and last time I checked he still lived across the hall from her so its very easy for Sami to be around and hear things. Afterall she was there when Gabi got her pregnancy news.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Nov 21 2012, 10:14 PM.

rfsexton
Member Avatar
Queen of Texas

Helpless Romantic
Nov 21 2012, 09:20 PM
JamaicanBeauty7
Nov 21 2012, 09:15 PM
Helpless Romantic
Vicky4Mimi
I'm just stating my opinion based on EJ's past behaviour, NOWHERE did I say what will happen is fact but EJ being ready to throw Gabi in jail happened very recently unless "Rafe gave her up" same for why he didn't pursue anything legally against Rafe or Daniel- to impress Sami. Whether she overhears or not is irrelevant but the fact remains his "acting good" is to get in her pants and not because he doesn't want revenge or isn't cooking up schemes. I was just stating a predictable scenario of how things could go down is all. This show is nothing if not predictable.
excessively predictable...what ever happened to shocking, totally unexpected things...

Aliaron
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Nov 21 2012, 12:22 PM
I think EJ loves Sami in the only way he knows how to love. It's definitely not perfect - but then neither is she. My opinion is that Sami exists in a place for him that is uniquely her own. EJ will always be flawed (I hope) and likely will do asinine things that end up hurting her inadvertently (such as going after someone she cares about) but it doesn't change the fact that at his core, she has his heart. I can't imagine any other character that could have done the things to him that Sami has done (SHE SHOT HIM IN THE HEAD!) and he would still want her. He's been angry and has tried multiple times to get her out of his system, but has never quite managed it. I suppose that could be obsession - but I see it more as he's just destined to love her, no matter what.

That's my romanticized version of it, anyway. If this was a Twilight book or movie, I suppose I'd say EJ has imprinted on her. :lol:
I'm not a fan of twilight but as obsessed with Bella as Edward was from what I understand he never hurt Bella or her father. He didn't even really hurt Jacob.

All this sounds like some psycho's version of love yo make him feel like he's nomal. Only its not about him. It's not about EJ! If he truly loved Sami it wouldn't be about how she makes him feel but how she feels. And he doesn't make her truly happy. Even joyful. You can say he makes her laugh and smile (which he doesn't really do) but EJ doesn't give Sami joy. And the fact that he doesn't care shows he doesn't love her. It's all about him.

There is no thin line between obsession and love. There is a cliff void of any real goodnes between the two. Much like rape obsession is about controlling someone. It's selfish while love is selfless. It brings out the worse when love makes people better.

Ej's obsession is exactly what women in the 21 century should be reinforcing as unexceptable. It's not only threatening but it's demeaning. After decades of telling women to take pride in yourself, you are worth it... To then tell women there is a version of love that is abusive, that makes you less important than the man and his feelings is unacceptable.

There is no version of love that is abusive. If he want to control your very existance, he does not love you. He he is willing to hurt you and/or your love ones to prove something to himself, he does not love you. If he feels misery is what you must have without him, he does not love you.

EJ does not love Sami.
Edited by Aliaron, Nov 21 2012, 10:11 PM.

michelle
Member Avatar

Maybe in real life, but on a soap, I'm fine with it.

PLEASE LET US LIKE WHAT WE WANT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

NikiLani
Member Avatar

^^^ I totally agree, he has never loved her IMO, he still doesn't. She's an object/trophy to win from another man. I have seen EJ love a woman the right way and it was Nicole. This thing he has with Sami is the furthest thing from it.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

michelle
Nov 21 2012, 10:11 PM
Maybe in real life, but on a soap, I'm fine with it.

PLEASE LET US LIKE WHAT WE WANT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!
I'm not trying to stop you from liking what you want. It's one thing to like something. It's another thing for the show to promote it as acceptable.

I liked Spike and Buffy. But never did I believe it was love. It wasn't. Buffy used spike. And the show made that clear. Buffy knew what love was and she knew she didn't love spike.

It's nothing wrong with liking fucked up things. It's wrong when a show says that fucked up thing is acceptable. This show refuses to do the right thing and treat his feeling like the insanity that it is.

Even Rhett Butler left Scarlett when he got tired of being unhappy. They should show strong characters especially women that respect themselves. When they have weak women, it should be pointed out as a character flaw to fix. When a guy is obsessive, much like they show how homophobia is bad, obsession should be given the same treatment. Not hailed as an acceptable form of love.
Edited by Aliaron, Nov 21 2012, 10:27 PM.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

^^ The way he loved Nicole made her realize that it is always about "Sami, Sami, Sami". I don't think Nicole would agree that EJ loved her the right way.

Will&Sonny

Personally, I don't think that E.J. is capable of loving anyone except for himself (even his children, whom he has used as pawns whenever it was convenient for him to do so, without giving it a second thought or feeling the least bit guilty about it).

But I hate E.J., so I'm biased. If people want to believe that he truly loves Sami (or Nicole), more power to them, I guess. Fifty Shades of Grey isn't exactly an uplifting, positive tale of female empowerment either, and we all know how popular that series is.

rfsexton
Member Avatar
Queen of Texas

Will&Sonny
Nov 21 2012, 10:34 PM
Personally, I don't think that E.J. is capable of loving anyone except for himself (even his children, whom he has used as pawns whenever it was convenient for him to do so, without giving it a second thought or feeling the least bit guilty about it).

But I hate E.J., so I'm biased. If people want to believe that he truly loves Sami (or Nicole), more power to them, I guess. Fifty Shades of Grey isn't exactly an uplifting, positive tale of female empowerment either, and we all know how popular that series is.
ej loves himself, power, and controlling others ..... he is beyond redemption

Helpless Romantic

gailwinters
Nov 21 2012, 10:25 PM
^^ The way he loved Nicole made her realize that it is always about "Sami, Sami, Sami". I don't think Nicole would agree that EJ loved her the right way.
On the other token for Sami its always been about Lucas and Rafe over EJ. But atleast he fell in love with her as much as he can love anyone and she loved him back warts and all. Sami on the other hand not so much. Sami got over her Austin obsession and the first round with Brami I equate to EJOLE because she went back to wanting Austin but when that fell through it was back to Brandon/ Lucas. Same with EJ, he will eventually want her back after Sami dumps him again because he will NEVER measure up for her, not that I think at this point that he deserves Nicole either. He has treated both terribly but especially Sami and I can't reconcile how stupid they have to write her so he weilds all the power. Nicole was always shown more as his equal though. I don't like how weak they made her either eventually but she stood her ground more than Sami ever has with Elvis. With Eric in the picture though it may be too little too late after Sami runs back to Rafe eventually. If he has to force it it will backfire and that is not love which he himself called an obsession.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Nov 21 2012, 11:05 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I actually felt like last go round Ej really did love Nicole. He sure wasn't all about Sami until Nicole dumped him and even then his obsession didn't really hit in till TomSell took over and decided that it would be just amazing to use him as Safe angst for the millionth time. :sarcasm:
Quote Post Goto Top

gailwinters
Member Avatar

^^ I don't think we'll ever agree about EJ/Sami/Nicole, but no matter how we think the story will play out, we're all basically at the mercy of the writers and we'll just have to wait and see what they have in store for us. I think I know where they're going with the story, but if I'm wrong, so be it.

EA: I haven't really seen EJ do anything this time around that makes me think "obsession" in relation to Sami. (I think it was pretty obvious he was calling Kristen out on HER obsession when he made that remark.) He did that one little blackmail scheme, but that's nothing compared to his past behaviors. The other so called schemes have kind of fallen in his lap and of course he's going to take advantage of any opportunity that presents itself.
Edited by gailwinters, Nov 22 2012, 12:25 AM.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

I just want Sami./EJ./Rafe /Sami/ lucas/ Nicole do something interesting, together or a part. I just want all the Sami panty chasing stuff to stop and for their stories to be longer and more meaningful.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply