Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of November 26th; *updated 11/17*
Topic Started: Nov 9 2012, 07:22 PM (38,385 Views)
Helpless Romantic

gailwinters
Nov 22 2012, 12:17 AM
^^ I don't think we'll ever agree about EJ/Sami/Nicole, but no matter how we think the story will play out, we're all basically at the mercy of the writers and we'll just have to wait and see what they have in store for us. I think I know where they're going with the story, but if I'm wrong, so be it.

EA: I haven't really seen EJ do anything this time around that makes me think "obsession" in relation to Sami. (I think it was pretty obvious he was calling Kristen out on HER obsession when he made that remark.) He did that one little blackmail scheme, but that's nothing compared to his past behaviors. The other so called schemes have kind of fallen in his lap and of course he's going to take advantage of any opportunity that presents itself.
I will certainly agree that Elvis is an opportunist who has a one track mind in getting what he wants and screw everyone else. However his latest scheme is only just unraveling. I wish EJ and Kristen could be paired. They would be PERFECT for each other.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Nov 22 2012, 12:42 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Aliaron
Member Avatar

What they should do, what any responsible and good writer would do, is make it absolutely clear that Sami knows she needs to stand on her own. She know Ej is a nut job bad guy. And she knows she needs the destroy the Dimeras and their evil company from within meanwhile building herself a new company with solid footing and the Dimeras law abiding clientale. She needs John, Rafe, Kate, Lucas and the good Tony. Plus Roman since his battles with stephano stared it all.

A story like that could shake the entire town while giving Sami strength by having her with a clear goal she never waivers from. She needs to be strong. And she will never be that if they keep putting her under EJ's thumb as this fickle character who doesn't know herself or her emotions. It's just not Sami. Say what you will, whether you loves her or hated her, you always knew what Sami was thinking and who she wanted to be.

The audience used to never question Sami's fortitude, her ability to know and go after what she wanted. Be it in the boardroom or bedroom. Now that's all we do is question it. He'll, she even questions it.
Edited by Aliaron, Nov 22 2012, 12:53 AM.

Helpless Romantic

Dreamer
Nov 22 2012, 12:29 AM
I just want Sami./EJ./Rafe /Sami/ lucas/ Nicole do something interesting, together or a part. I just want all the Sami panty chasing stuff to stop and for their stories to be longer and more meaningful.
Well a Sami getting therapy SL would be meaningful but they wont do that. In fact the last meaningful SL for Sami was her Cancer scare sadly and since then everything has gone to shit. They also wont let her get a job on her own merit either where she actually PROVES herself and isn't handed the job because an ex has control.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Nov 22 2012, 12:41 AM.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Cannot stand the idea of Brady and Kritter because she used to babysit him and change his diapers for Pete sake,gross.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

michelle
Nov 21 2012, 10:11 PM
Maybe in real life, but on a soap, I'm fine with it.

PLEASE LET US LIKE WHAT WE WANT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!
No one is stopping me. With Ericole, Bristen and Ejami getting started, I'm going to be

Posted Image

for a good while.

concerned
Member Avatar

Vicky4Mimi
Nov 21 2012, 07:59 PM
Y'all probably have already heard this--but I was looking through the new SOD and there is a tiny spoiler about this Chad/Ej and Gabi mess. It says EJ and Chad have a heated arguement over Chad's obession with exacting revenge on Gabi....???? That comes within a hair of saying EJ will do the right thing??? Can that be possible?? It will be interesting to find out what the real story is here.
I would have assumed it would go the other way. EJ pushing Chad to go beyond his usual limits of villainry.
That's what happened last time. Chad was reluctant Ej encouraged him to go further.

concerned
Member Avatar

rfsexton
Nov 21 2012, 10:36 PM
Will&Sonny
Nov 21 2012, 10:34 PM
Personally, I don't think that E.J. is capable of loving anyone except for himself (even his children, whom he has used as pawns whenever it was convenient for him to do so, without giving it a second thought or feeling the least bit guilty about it).

But I hate E.J., so I'm biased. If people want to believe that he truly loves Sami (or Nicole), more power to them, I guess. Fifty Shades of Grey isn't exactly an uplifting, positive tale of female empowerment either, and we all know how popular that series is.
ej loves himself, power, and controlling others ..... he is beyond redemption
But when he looks into the camera with that special twinkle in his eye and he says those charming things with that lovely English accent .... all the rape, kidnapping, deceiving, puppy killing just melts away.

The heart wants what the heart wants and it's not always good and accceptable.

concerned
Member Avatar

Aliaron
Nov 22 2012, 12:36 AM
What they should do, what any responsible and good writer would do, is make it absolutely clear that Sami knows she needs to stand on her own. She know Ej is a nut job bad guy. And she knows she needs the destroy the Dimeras and their evil company from within meanwhile building herself a new company with solid footing and the Dimeras law abiding clientale. She needs John, Rafe, Kate, Lucas and the good Tony. Plus Roman since his battles with stephano stared it all.

A story like that could shake the entire town while giving Sami strength by having her with a clear goal she never waivers from. She needs to be strong. And she will never be that if they keep putting her under EJ's thumb as this fickle character who doesn't know herself or her emotions. It's just not Sami. Say what you will, whether you loves her or hated her, you always knew what Sami was thinking and who she wanted to be.

The audience used to never question Sami's fortitude, her ability to know and go after what she wanted. Be it in the boardroom or bedroom. Now that's all we do is question it. He'll, she even questions it.
How do you do that to the father of your children?

How do you destroy someone who means so much to your kids, who is loving and caring towards the kids?

Now I know you are all going to bring up Sydney's kidnapping here and keeping Johnny away from Samanther after she shot him but - I think at those points in time Sami had proven herself to be a pretty sub par mother and I can see how at that point EJ would think it was in the kids best interests to be away from her.
It wasn't just the shooting of Elvis it was more than she allowed and encourage Will to become and accessory to it without concern for his welfare. She also had abandoned Grace in a convent as a newborn.
When he found out Sydney wasn't his, EJ was the one who knew it was better for her to be able to be with her real parents.

The problem for Sami is that she doesn't know EJ is a "nut job bad guy" because she also sees the good aspects in him and she realises that a lot of his less desirable character traits are similar to some of her own.

In some ways both Sami and Nicole are attracted to EJ because he is bad, because with him they are not "less than" when they are a little underhanded themselves. Now if he was going to be hooked up with Carrie or Belle then he would need a total character redemption.
Edited by concerned, Nov 22 2012, 04:24 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

Spoilers. Discuss them.

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

uhhh never mind. B-)
Edited by LucasHortonFan, Nov 22 2012, 06:01 PM.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

None of these spoilers sound particularly exciting except the fact that one of my favs Kate will have screentime finally!!

michelle
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Nov 22 2012, 12:25 PM
michelle
Nov 21 2012, 10:11 PM
Maybe in real life, but on a soap, I'm fine with it.

PLEASE LET US LIKE WHAT WE WANT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!
No one is stopping me. With Ericole, Bristen and Ejami getting started, I'm going to be

Posted Image

for a good while.
LOL!

I just meant, let us like what we want without all the morality lectures.

michelle
Member Avatar

I need Nicole to put on some makeup and get a new haircut.

This frumpy look is not working for her in my seduction of Father Eric fantasy.

Who could still have lingering feelings for Dan when Eric's around?

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

JamaicanBeauty7
Nov 21 2012, 02:17 PM
I can't believe we are talking about Twilight. I hate that movie. Oh, how quickly this thread has turned. :facepalm:
I am with you on that, never saw the fascination with them.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

I am disappointed that Days did not have a thanksgiving celebration.
Edited by JamesScott_19, Nov 22 2012, 09:26 PM.

rfsexton
Member Avatar
Queen of Texas

Quote:

Kate tracks down Stefano at a European cafe and confronts him about their divorce.

I hope he puts her in his place big time. I want to see her shot down in major flames. :) :wave: :cheer: :badmood: :toetap: :whack: :poof:

Ljay
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Nov 21 2012, 12:28 PM
SocRMum1
Nov 21 2012, 12:22 PM
I think EJ loves Sami in the only way he knows how to love. It's definitely not perfect - but then neither is she. My opinion is that Sami exists in a place for him that is uniquely her own. EJ will always be flawed (I hope) and likely will do asinine things that end up hurting her inadvertently (such as going after someone she cares about) but it doesn't change the fact that at his core, she has his heart. I can't imagine any other character that could have done the things to him that Sami has done (SHE SHOT HIM IN THE HEAD!) and he would still want her. He's been angry and has tried multiple times to get her out of his system, but has never quite managed it. I suppose that could be obsession - but I see it more as he's just destined to love her, no matter what.

That's my romanticized version of it, anyway. If this was a Twilight book or movie, I suppose I'd say EJ has imprinted on her. :lol:
#teamJacob

:wub2:
I could bake cookies on Jacobs ab muscles....just sayin.. He can imprint on me anytime!

#TeamJacob all the way! B-)

bomber
Member Avatar

Didn't the November sweeps previews say that a new guy was going to catch Abby's eye? These spoilers are for the last week of November and no new man in sight. I wonder what happened to that story?

camera shy

And what happened to Kate's big story? Is it just tracking down Stefano? You can't trust Ken Corday. The man doesn't give a damn about this show, all he cares about is his golf score.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Quote:

Didn't the November sweeps previews say that a new guy was going to catch Abby's eye? These spoilers are for the last week of November and no new man in sight. I wonder what happened to that story?

I just looked at the SOD sweeps previews and that wasn't mentioned. I know I saw it somewhere, but not sure where.

Quote:

And what happened to Kate's big story? Is it just tracking down Stefano? You can't trust Ken Corday. The man doesn't give a damn about this show, all he cares about is his golf score.

The sweeps previews said "Kate gets divorce papers from Stephano and then there will be a big story for her down the road".

IMO, almost all of the "sweeps previews" are actually talking about stories that have their beginning setup during sweeps but will play out over the next several months.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply