Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Classic Clip Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 11 2012, 10:18 AM (966 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

I always loved that picture because there's not one I would turn away. :o

six
Member Avatar

Is that Austin in the center?

Kate's suit kind of reminds me of a nutcracker outfit.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

What happened to having 20-somethings no the show like them?

lysie
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Nov 11 2012, 03:44 PM
They gave their role to the thirtysomethings.

Ilovecandy
Member Avatar

awww the boys are so cute

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

lysie
Nov 11 2012, 03:46 PM
DrewHamilton
They gave their role to the thirtysomethings.
And treat/write their 20somethings like teens & tweens.

six
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
We have several twenty somethings, but the viewers insist on calling them the teen set.

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Nov 11 2012, 09:44 PM
DrewHamilton
We have several twenty somethings, but the viewers insist on calling them the teen set.
Because that's how they're written.

six
Member Avatar

lysie
Nov 11 2012, 09:47 PM
six
DrewHamilton
I can see that complaint with the 30s/40s group, but gack and wilson are doing pretty much what I'd expect folks their age to be doing, with the exception of Sonny running a business, which is actually more advanced than most.

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Nov 11 2012, 09:55 PM
lysie
six
DrewHamilton
I can see that complaint with the 30s/40s group, but gack and wilson are doing pretty much what I'd expect folks their age to be doing, with the exception of Sonny running a business, which is actually more advanced than most.
It might be about to change, especially with Gabi being pregnant, but I don't think we've had real 20 somethings since Belle/Philip/Shawn/Chloe. Last we heard, though, Will and Gabi were actually still teens.

six
Member Avatar

lysie
Nov 11 2012, 10:00 PM
six
lysie
six

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
It might be about to change, especially with Gabi being pregnant, but I don't think we've had real 20 somethings since Belle/Philip/Shawn/Chloe. Last we heard, though, Will and Gabi were actually still teens.
We'll have to agree to disagree, because I think they're doing everything the last blast folks were doing around 2005, minus having Claire. As for their age, Days isn't the type to casually show and mention Will drinking unless he's of age.

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Nov 11 2012, 10:13 PM
lysie
six
lysie

We'll have to agree to disagree, because I think they're doing everything the last blast folks were doing around 2005, minus having Claire. As for their age, Days isn't the type to casually show and mention Will drinking unless he's of age.
They've mentioned his age since they started showing him drinking.

Claire was a pretty big part of what that group was doing in 2005, so I'm not sure that we completely disagree, lol. Regardless, I think that's a new thing. But their group isn't the one with the worst age problem. Those characters in that clip were the twentysomethings in the 90s and it's still the same characters for the most part in the same stories. Again, I think that's improving a little bit here recently.

six
Member Avatar

lysie
Nov 11 2012, 10:26 PM
six
lysie
six

Claire was a pretty big part of what that group was doing in 2005, so I'm not sure that we completely disagree, lol. Regardless, I think that's a new thing. But their group isn't the one with the worst age problem. Those characters in that clip were the twentysomethings in the 90s and it's still the same characters for the most part in the same stories. Again, I think that's improving a little bit here recently.
The last time I remember an age mention was just before the Neil kiss, when the show was sure to mention that he wasn't supposed to be drinking. Not gonna say there wasn't another mention of him being a teen since he's been drinking (without someone moralizing about it), but I'm pretty sure there hasn't been one.

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Nov 11 2012, 10:40 PM
lysie
Nov 11 2012, 10:26 PM
six
lysie

The last time I remember an age mention was just before the Neil kiss, when the show was sure to mention that he wasn't supposed to be drinking. Not gonna say there wasn't another mention of him being a teen since he's been drinking (without someone moralizing about it), but I'm pretty sure there hasn't been one.
Well, that fits with what I'm talking about anyway. Until recently, he's been considered a teen. That wasn't that long ago. I think they've just now (like...in the last couple of weeks under TomSell) started making some of the stories more age appropriate.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Will's age is baffling these days. They mentioned he was 20 just around the time we saw him get drunk and kiss that guy at HTS. We then discovered he was at a gay bar the night Stefano got murdered, that was his alibi, so maybe he has a fake ID? Even if they wanted to pull off that he was 21 when he visited the gay bar, that doesn't even correspond with him being in his second year of college right? We saw him graduate HS in 2011. He started college that September...If he's 21 now he should be graduating college shortly...and he just went through 3 years of a college in a year.....I wish they would disclose his age again...it would be interesting.

Onto the topic of this thread....Eric!!! I've always loved the character and I'm hoping that GV does it justice. I've dug up the original "Eric comes to Salem" clips...and as you can see Sami was FREAKING out that Eric's twin radar would pick up that she was faking her amnesia....

This following clip is when Sami cuts herself to stop Eric's twin radar.....lol...the shit they use to come up with....her cutting herself and inflicting that pain would over ride the fact that Eric could tell something was wrong with Sami and probably lead to finding out she was faking her amnesia...lmfao:

Edited by LuvingLumi, Nov 12 2012, 10:24 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply