Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, November 13th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 12 2012, 02:21 PM (11,302 Views)
cord08

Quote:

WilSon are being written as children and another pointless, boring, 2 day conflict is over.

This is why I'm not completely opposed to the baby story. It gives Will and Sonny a more protracted story line rather than two-week arcs of partial stories.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

Skye
Nov 12 2012, 02:21 PM
Tuesday, November 13th

gabi faints

Will is somewhere practicing in the mirror
what to say to sonny

Lucas comes into sami office
says can you believe this
this whole business with Nicole
she says you are actually surprised she would lie about someone being the cause of her babys death ?
He says you think
she says I dont know if its worse than her switching babies on me
and kidnapping sydney for herself
or what about the time she tried to murder victor
the truth is i knew what kind of a person she was when she dumped my brother for
lucas says for me ?
She says you and a lot of money
What a self righteous, hypocritical nasty pot-calling-the-kettle-black snot Sami is! How come we never get a scene of anyone mentioning Sami's past sins.

Maybe the reason I think this episode will suck is because it is overloaded with Sami...she's commenting on Nicole, sparring with Lucas, being Will's biggest cheerleader and bestmomever, then runs over to Gabi, gets Rafe all involved, comments about Nick, etc. Doesn't she have a major mulitnational corporation to run?

I guess if they are going to make Sami a granny, then they need to have her not be the bigot this time. :huh:

Dannifer is such rainbows and butterflies...and Daniel and Jennifer are just the most wonderful and loving people. :x

My poor Nicole and her grieving attitude! Can someone get this girl some counseling? :'(

elci525
Member Avatar

I thought the summertime was all I could take with the "Sami/Will in this corner, Lucas in that corner" writing. Nice to know the writers have more in store for me.....oh, hooray. I will really not tolerate any writing that paints Sami as the "better" parent of whatever, but that is just me being angry and hating on her I guess. But she is no mother of the year, fersure. At least this scene evidences how well Lumi know each other, and that neither is shy about voicing their opinions if they think the other needs help or to be checked in some way. I really can't stand all the hate between Lucas and Will and hope that whole dynamic changes soon. While I don't want Lucas to disrespect Will or his choices, the utter lack of respect Will has shown Lucas since months ago irritates me to no end. Maybe it is more deserved in this scenario - I am not saying Will is wrong, necessarily. I am just expressing my wish that this father/son relationship/dynamic change - something a little friendlier, something where it isn't just Will hating on Lucas, or Lucas meddling b/c it seems he has nothing else to do. And if this bigot term is bandied about again in and around Lucas - well, let's just say I hope that ends soon. It does nothing for Lucas, and I could give two craps about Wilson "angst". I used to love the Lumill unit so much. And now it just devastates me.

Would Lucas be reacting this way if Will were with a girl that was "questionable" in some way? Probably - if he felt the girl was in some way using or hoodwinking Will. But would he come to that conclusion after five seconds? Probably not. And has Sonny given Lucas any reason to be so suspicious of him? Well, he IIISSS more experienced, has been out of the closet longer that Will. So in some small way I can see why Lucas might be using that fact as justification for his fears. But really, no, Sonny hasn't done anything or is of a type that would lend credence to Lucas's fears. So it gets me thinking. On the one hand, I do appreciate the kind of thinking that is on display here as far as Lucas goes. He probably has genuine discomfort knowing his son his engaging in a physical gay relationship (and not just one that exists in the abstract). The fact that Sonny is more experienced might be adding fuel to that fire as well, but at the heart of Lucas's contention is his discomfort at Will being gay for realz. That kind of discomfort is a tricky feeling to resolve within oneself. I don't think Lucas wants to acknowledge that he is really that uncomfortable, b/c I don't think he possesses the biggoted hate other might accuse him of. But how can you say within yourself that you are fine with your son being gay if seeing him "be gay" makes you so uncomfortable? It's a tough contradiction to square, and Lucas is grasping at straws to try to make sense of it. It's a complicated situation involving complicated emotions and complicated motivations. But it in some ways does ring honest to me, and not necessarily "villainy". So I can appreciate this character exploration and depiction. My Lucas-love might be skewing my objective opinion here, admittedly.

On the other hand, Lucas was so supportive of Sonny and what he thought might be his caring for Will as more that just a friend a few months ago. In that sense, this sharp pivot frustrates the eff outta me. One could argue he expressed these feelings before seeing his so in and around a nekkid situation. But I still think the writing is very left turn and heavily plot driven. To see Lucas the victim of devicey writing again, well, I don't think I need to express my eternal disappointment any further.

I did appreciate the suggestion that Sami's lies to Lucas over the years could be in some way informing his reaction. In some way. At least Sami was right about one thing. Lucas is a good guy - a really good one. But he has flaws and personality traits that at least at one time made him, gasp, gray and interesting and oh-so-hard to pin down. I loved that character. I want to see that writing for Lucas again. In a not so crappy context. Please.
Edited by elci525, Nov 12 2012, 04:35 PM.

Ireland98

cord08
Nov 12 2012, 03:49 PM
Quote:

WilSon are being written as children and another pointless, boring, 2 day conflict is over.

This is why I'm not completely opposed to the baby story. It gives Will and Sonny a more protracted story line rather than two-week arcs of partial stories.
That is true. The baby will provide a longer conflict, so that's a positive. BUT, I really have NO desire to see another baby story. And everything is predictable.

Wilson_EJami
Member Avatar

michr544125
Nov 12 2012, 02:58 PM
Could do without the Wabi flashback. But I'll just ignore.

The Will and Sonny scenes sound amazing. The scenes sound really hot but also deep and real. Funny that Sonny did in a sense lure Will back. I love how this time Will is the one doing the luring. Then them kissing at the end :cloud9: .

Glad Sami calls Lucas out for how he's treating Will.

Random Cameron and Sonny scenes but I'll take it since we at least get to see Sonny have a POV and talk to somebody. I just don't get why it can't be Chad or Abby?

TFP
Loved how Will took initiative with the kissing, and contacting Sonny. Everythings sounds good, I can't wait to watch it :D

jaygal
Member Avatar

I feel like i'm supposed to be into Wilson but I just don't see the appeal, they are really boring. :sleep2:

I don't care that they have sex. I don't care they had a fight. I don't care. That's the problem, the writers haven't made me want to care about the relationship. They "split up" for a nano second and Lucas is grumpy, big deal.

It's probably good that there will be some "angst" for them because Wilson hanging at the coffee shop talking about nothing interesting is not what I want to read about or watch.
I'm willing to change my mind, but this writing isn't doing it.

concerned
Member Avatar

I hope Sonny does turn out to be some sort of international mountain climbing player. Give this relationship a bit more spice.

sonwill
Member Avatar

Love the sound of the Will/Sonny stuff! Sounds like some great sweet scenes and I personally love it and those two.

Wabi flashback though:
Posted Image

cord08

Ireland98
Nov 12 2012, 03:59 PM
cord08
Nov 12 2012, 03:49 PM
Quote:

That is true. The baby will provide a longer conflict, so that's a positive. BUT, I really have NO desire to see another baby story. And everything is predictable.
Oh, I agree that DAYS is boring and predictable. No argument there.

Also, was I the only one who LOLed at priest Eric's entrance in that preview? I think he'll be losing that collar pretty quickly. He's already shown more skin in two seconds than some characters have shown in a year.

esp13
Member Avatar

You know, not every conflict in a relationship is of the months/years variety. Some of the very best conflicts can be over stupid misunderstandings that, when resolved, move the relationship forward a step or two. I like this little conflict for Sonny and Will. It put some emphasis on the fact that they are in different places in some ways, brought some parental conflict into the whole thing and leads them to being in a slightly different place when the next big thing hits.

They are definitely setting up Nicole's depression and anger with God. I have a hunch that is going to come into play with Father Eric.

Alana
Member Avatar

Ilovecandy
Nov 12 2012, 03:25 PM
Quote:

jen goes to the hospital to see dan
she says i wanted to say i dont think
that things ended right between us
we said good bye like it was over
i dont want it to be over
these last few weeks have been horrible and we stopped being friends
this good bye thing
isnt working for me
you are one of the best people i know and i dont want to say good bye to that
i was wondering if we could be friends again
she puts her hand out and he shakes it
friends again he says
she smiles

Spoiler: click to toggle

OK Serious question, does Dannifer have any fan? why do they insit on putting the back together. I think if the couch at the horton square and the christmas light there pair up they would have more fan than Dannifer and more interesting too.
Seriously, no wonder Abigail is still a virgin, growing up with a mother who almost never managed to exist without a .... (feel free to insert whatever fits :P ) in her life. No way, can she believe in "the love of your life" shit her mother isn't even able to live as an example.

Thanks for posting. I haven't watched this misery in months, but I still care enough to read the previews. Unfortunately, there has been nothing to make me watch again. Since I am a Ari Z fan, maybe I am going to watch her losing the baby scenes one day on youtube. But I don't think I will, because I watched those scenes like what 2 years ago...are you kidding me...she rocked those scenes...I didn't need a reminder of her outstanding acting talents of the Day's cast!

Going to watch GH on youtube...only soap I more or less ENJOY right now.

guessgirl
Member Avatar

jaygal
Nov 12 2012, 04:00 PM
I feel like i'm supposed to be into Wilson but I just don't see the appeal, they are really boring. :sleep2:

I don't care that they have sex. I don't care they had a fight. I don't care. That's the problem, the writers haven't made me want to care about the relationship. They "split up" for a nano second and Lucas is grumpy, big deal.

It's probably good that there will be some "angst" for them because Wilson hanging at the coffee shop talking about nothing interesting is not what I want to read about or watch.
I'm willing to change my mind, but this writing isn't doing it.
ICAM. I am not really looking forward to the upcoming baby sl. Everyone will play the heavy to the poor innocent and tru wuv that is Wilson keeping things a secret from them. :puke: :puke:
Edited by guessgirl, Nov 12 2012, 04:16 PM.

rfsexton
Member Avatar
Queen of Texas

The scene between Sami and Lucas sounds interesting. The Will and Sonny scenes do not. The Nicole stuff...blah... Jennifer....barf...I have a job interview tomorrow in Galveston. So I won't get to see the show anyway. Any prayer warriors...I could sure use some prayer support at 11am cst.

Lumi_are_true_love

The only reason I don't think Lucas is acting himself and wouldn't normal act this way is because this thing with Sami and their breakup is still really getting to him and hes still taking it really hard and hes hurting inside deeply over their break up and still wants to be with Sami now hes hurt and hes sad and lost and loney and still very much in love with Sami and still wants to be with Sami and hes not thinking clearly right now and hes still very much in love with Sami and still wants to be with Sami as well.

Lucas would get back together again with Sami once more if she let him know she still wants to be with him as well and winds up fighting for him and does just that he would get back together with her again in a heartbeat.

Hes still hurting inside over this break up and still wants to be with Sami and thats the only reason hes acting this way at the moment is because hes still hurting over him and Sami being broken up and still wants to be with her and is sad and moping around looking lost looking to be reunited with his one true love Sami once more for good this time.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Quote:

he says im impressed by your generosity your kindness
its totally your character

After the way she's acted for the past month? Hell, the past year. Is this is a joke?

Quote:

Nic says what do you want me to do hop out of bed and run to jens with flowers
Hope says dont take for granted what jen did for you , even though you put her through hell
nic says where i am now

One night in jail and zero guilt is hell? What do you call losing 2 babies Hope? :flipoff:

Quote:

this good bye thing
isnt working for me
friends again he says
she smiles

:puke:

La_Laa

Skye
Will comes into the coffee shop
says he is sorry he is late and thats the least of all the things he is sorry about
they sit
Will says ok
sorry for the way i acted
i cant tell you how bad i felt when i thought i blew
never want to feel that way again
sonny says i felt the same way
Will says i let what my dad said get to me,,,,im sorry
i really missed you
sonny says i missed you too
sorry i got so angry and didnt leave room for us to talk
Will says its all my fault
i cant be mad at you for being angry
i cant be mad at my dad for what he said, how i act is my decision
i was to blame
ill never do it again
i promise
think you could give me another chance
Sonny says thats what this is right here
Will says i asked you personal questions
and you didnt have to answer
Sonny says i didnt like the questions thats true
but i havent been completely honest with you

sonny says me and brian are just friends nothing happened
i want you to feel comfortable if you do want to ask me about my past
i havent been a monk since i was back in salem
i havent felt a connection with anyone till i met you
there is how i got you to my apartment
and everything
Will says the boxes
you set that up
sonny says you knew
will says no but my dad said you set it on purpose to lure me there
sonny says sorry
i knew you were new to all this i wanted to respect your process
but there is taking it slow and there is taking it slooooow
you are really hot and i thought you were going to be nervous and i was nervous, so i thought if we had time to relax and hang out , it would kind of
happen naturally
will says wow
my dad was right
lets tell him im sure he will be thrilled that he was right
will kisses him
says i dont think you can be lured anywhere you dont want to go
i wanted to be there with you
sonny says its amazing to hear you say that
will says i dont want to be here for another minute
ssonny says sure im not luring you anywhere
will kisses him again
stands up and takes his hand
and they leave the coffee place

sonny and will get to sonnys place
they are kissing
sonny says you ok
Will says yes i am
they kiss again

sonny and will still kissing

Can't hurry up tomorrow, let it come. Hurry up tomorrow! :wub:

Sparrow

Yes, I finally do accept and understand that Jen and Dan are both so wonderfully perfect and amazingly wonderful that the only one deserving of either is each other. Now hurry up and give them their happily ever after and usher them off my screen. Thank you for showing me the light, show.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Interesting episode tomorrow it seems and since I'll get my Lumi anyway I can have them these days, having them fight is always entertaining and some cold hard truths tend to come out when they are doing this, so bring it....

I'd have to see the scenes but here is what I find intriguing:

Quote:

she says hold the phone, i know when you are lying just like when you know im lying
she says are you avoiding our son

I love how their past is always acknowledged, he can't pull a fast one on her and she can't either....

Quote:

the truth is i knew what kind of a person she was when she dumped my brother for
lucas says for me ?
She says you and a lot of money

Nice way to touch on Eric and Nicole's history here....for those who didn't know Nicole's history pre 2008, then this should set it up rather nicely.

Here comes the WTFery for me

Quote:

Lucas says truth hurts but im standing by what i said about sonny
sami says i dont understand whats wrong with sonny
Will says i have come to the conclusion that dad isnt going to approve of anyone i date
unless he happens to be a she

I really, really, really would love Days to do a bit of homework here. Lucas DOES have a history of disapproving someone Will dated and that was way before he came out. It was Mia, the drug addict, teen mom. Lucas did make a point at the time to tell Will and Sami about his feelings regarding Mia and Will and why he thought it was not good for his son to hook up with Mia. I wish that these following scenes:

Quote:

he says i dont care that our son is gay
if he was with the wrong girl i would feel the same way
she says i dont buy it not for a minute
he says you know me , you know who i am

would have had Lucas come back with the fact that he WAS opposed to Mia....something as simple as three words of dialogue here would have made the difference in how Lucas is being portrayed, but since TomSell don't care in making Lucas look good at all, the heavy handed writing is either all for plot (which I'm hoping is what it is knowing what is about to come) or it's really what we've all known for a long time Tomlin can't stand the character of Lucas and will do everything in his power to make him look awful before our eyes...whatever...no matter what they do, that won't stop me from wanting Lucas to have a good and fulfilling storyline and won't make me love the character any less.

Oh, one more thing I'd like to touch with this episode...I see people saying he doesn't have a POV and I think he does....they have established, albeit it's stupid, but his POV is that he's worried that Sonny is more experienced and is only out to use Will. I wish they would have established it by having Lucas actually witness something that he thought was Sonny making advances at other men, but I guess it's established in this episode that Lucas WAS actually correct to assume that Sonny did have the halloween costume boxes delivered to his house instead of the coffee shop to use that as an excuse to get him into his apartment, so things can progress from there.....in the end, Lucas WAS right....it's just that Sonny doesn't have bad intentions with Will, Lucas thinks he does, but he doesn't......that doesn't make Lucas' behavior excusable in any way but he DOES have a POV.
Edited by LuvingLumi, Nov 12 2012, 05:05 PM.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Skye
Tuesday, November 13th

this good bye thing
isnt working for me
friends again he says
she smiles
The dreaded Dannifer SL ..... let's review. Somehow Dan & Jen are talking outside the Horton House... no real good explanation to how or why they are together there. Contrived storytelling at it's best, Dan was just there 5 mins ago talking to Hope and now he's back in all of a few scenes? They talk and Daniel has a hard time leaving her, not wanting to push things with Jen if you know what I mean. Dan eventual leaves.
Jennifer is at home and is taking to Hope about things and Hope bring up Bonass (Daniel) & surprisingly :sarcasm: Jennifer tells she has to leave to take care of something... and Hope stands there knowing she means Daniel. :puke:

Since when was the last time Jen & Dan were friends? When she went to see him in office in February to just make sure it was over for the 1000x? Dan and Jen haven't been friends in a long time. When Dan is talking to her early he flashes back to the scene when he tells her he loves her. When Dan looks at Jennifer he is drooling, no oozing with lust....love... whatever you want to call it, IMO he just wants to get in her pants. When Jen looks at Dan she keeps thinking she is losing her what? her BFF? This is not romance in a long shot, neither actor can pull off the dialogue to make it interesting or likeable.

What is this bullshit of things didn't end right between them, there is nothing between them....
I don't want it to be over..... sounds like Jennifer is desperate, she can't last 2 seconds without a man
You are one of the best ppl I know.. Obviously Jennifer doesn't know that many people. lol!!
she puts her hand out and he shakes it this a clealy a JnJ move... how many times did Jack and Jennifer reboot their unthinkable romance & sexual desires with the proverbial handshake?

These writers have not clue about history and making Jen & Dan friends for a few weeks of sexual tension.
IA with the poster that said, just hurry this up already so we can get it over with.
Edited by Dreamer, Nov 12 2012, 05:16 PM.

six
Member Avatar

LOL, so Sonny really did set things up to get Will in bed? Awesome. I didn't think he had it in him.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply