Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, November 13th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 12 2012, 02:21 PM (11,030 Views)
Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Lumi interaction was good

Disappointed with Wilson... not how I expected it to play out.

Gabi with Sami when she finds out that she is pregnant.

I find TomSell to be driving pretty fast with these SL, like they are in a rush to create drama.
Fast can be good, but they are missing the beats of making DAYS a good soap. You almost are forced to look at t every interaction as a seperately, there is very little cohesion among the SL and characters, although they tried to provide us with new interactions, everything is fragmented.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

six
Nov 12 2012, 05:10 PM
LOL, so Sonny really did set things up to get Will in bed? Awesome. I didn't think he had it in him.
Yeah, put that proves that Lucas was right....
Not sure why Will doesn't feel stupid and naive... pretty much like his father insinuated.
Perhaps it didn't come across that way... I'm not sure why Will is so happy about being duped?

I never took will for Stupid......... then again he slept with Gabi with no birth control?

appleblossom

LuvingLumi
Nov 12 2012, 05:04 PM
Interesting episode tomorrow it seems and since I'll get my Lumi anyway I can have them these days, having them fight is always entertaining and some cold hard truths tend to come out when they are doing this, so bring it....

I'd have to see the scenes but here is what I find intriguing:

Quote:

she says hold the phone, i know when you are lying just like when you know im lying
she says are you avoiding our son

I love how their past is always acknowledged, he can't pull a fast one on her and she can't either....

Quote:

the truth is i knew what kind of a person she was when she dumped my brother for
lucas says for me ?
She says you and a lot of money

Nice way to touch on Eric and Nicole's history here....for those who didn't know Nicole's history pre 2008, then this should set it up rather nicely.

Here comes the WTFery for me

Quote:

Lucas says truth hurts but im standing by what i said about sonny
sami says i dont understand whats wrong with sonny
Will says i have come to the conclusion that dad isnt going to approve of anyone i date
unless he happens to be a she

I really, really, really would love Days to do a bit of homework here. Lucas DOES have a history of disapproving someone Will dated and that was way before he came out. It was Mia, the drug addict, teen mom. Lucas did make a point at the time to tell Will and Sami about his feelings regarding Mia and Will and why he thought it was not good for his son to hook up with Mia. I wish that these following scenes:

Quote:

he says i dont care that our son is gay
if he was with the wrong girl i would feel the same way
she says i dont buy it not for a minute
he says you know me , you know who i am

would have had Lucas come back with the fact that he WAS opposed to Mia....something as simple as three words of dialogue here would have made the difference in how Lucas is being portrayed, but since TomSell don't care in making Lucas look good at all, the heavy handed writing is either all for plot (which I'm hoping is what it is knowing what is about to come) or it's really what we've all known for a long time Tomlin can't stand the character of Lucas and will do everything in his power to make him look awful before our eyes...whatever...no matter what they do, that won't stop me from wanting Lucas to have a good and fulfilling storyline and won't make me love the character any less.

Oh, one more thing I'd like to touch with this episode...I see people saying he doesn't have a POV and I think he does....they have established, albeit it's stupid, but his POV is that he's worried that Sonny is more experienced and is only out to use Will. I wish they would have established it by having Lucas actually witness something that he thought was Sonny making advances at other men, but I guess it's established in this episode that Lucas WAS actually correct to assume that Sonny did have the halloween costume boxes delivered to his house instead of the coffee shop to use that as an excuse to get him into his apartment, so things can progress from there.....in the end, Lucas WAS right....it's just that Sonny doesn't have bad intentions with Will, Lucas thinks he does, but he doesn't......that doesn't make Lucas' behavior excusable in any way but he DOES have a POV.
Stop the presses, I knew Mia was a teen mom, but an addict? What kind of drugs was she taking? I recall Lucas did not trust her. I kinda like LUMI as only friends again.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

appleblossom
Nov 12 2012, 05:17 PM
LuvingLumi
Interesting episode tomorrow it seems and since I'll get my Lumi anyway I can have them these days, having them fight is always entertaining and some cold hard truths tend to come out when they are doing this, so bring it....

Quote:

she says hold the phone, i know when you are lying just like when you know im lying

I love how their past is always acknowledged, he can't pull a fast one on her and she can't either....

Quote:

the truth is i knew what kind of a person she was when she dumped my brother for
lucas says for me ?

Nice way to touch on Eric and Nicole's history here....for those who didn't know Nicole's history pre 2008, then this should set it up rather nicely.

Quote:

Will says i have come to the conclusion that dad isnt going to approve of anyone i date

I really, really, really would love Days to do a bit of homework here. Lucas DOES have a history of disapproving someone Will dated and that was way before he came out. It was Mia, the drug addict, teen mom. Lucas did make a point at the time to tell Will and Sami about his feelings regarding Mia and Will and why he thought it was not good for his son to hook up with Mia. I wish that these following scenes:

Quote:

would have had Lucas come back with the fact that he WAS opposed to Mia....something as simple as three words of dialogue here would have made the difference in how Lucas is being portrayed, but since TomSell don't care in making Lucas look good at all, the heavy handed writing is either all for plot (which I'm hoping is what it is knowing what is about to come) or it's really what we've all known for a long time Tomlin can't stand the character of Lucas and will do everything in his power to make him look awful before our eyes...whatever...no matter what they do, that won't stop me from wanting Lucas to have a good and fulfilling storyline and won't make me love the character any less.

Oh, one more thing I'd like to touch with this episode...I see people saying he doesn't have a POV and I think he does....they have established, albeit it's stupid, but his POV is that he's worried that Sonny is more experienced and is only out to use Will. I wish they would have established it by having Lucas actually witness something that he thought was Sonny making advances at other men, but I guess it's established in this episode that Lucas WAS actually correct to assume that Sonny did have the halloween costume boxes delivered to his house instead of the coffee shop to use that as an excuse to get him into his apartment, so things can progress from there.....in the end, Lucas WAS right....it's just that Sonny doesn't have bad intentions with Will, Lucas thinks he does, but he doesn't......that doesn't make Lucas' behavior excusable in any way but he DOES have a POV.
Stop the presses, I knew Mia was a teen mom, but an addict? What kind of drugs was she taking? I recall Lucas did not trust her. I kinda like LUMI as only friends again.
Mia claim to be addict

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

appleblossom
Nov 12 2012, 05:17 PM
LuvingLumi

Quote:

Quote:

lucas says for me ?

Quote:

Quote:

She was a junkie...don't recall but her 12 step program had her saying that she wouldn't have a relationship with another person so soon and she jumped into something with Will...that and the kid and that is why Lucas didn't want Will with her...he thought she was bad news and had enough baggage to cause Will problem for years.

On Lumi, I love them as lovers, friends, enemies, coparents...they just freaking work whatever way you throw them in a scene...some have their preferences and that is fine...I just think it works out as Sami's best and most honest pairing and she doesn't have to turn into someone she isn't to be paired with him. Lucas doesn't change when he's with Sami and Sami has still been portrayed as a lying, conniving bitch when she's with him....neither change and that is good for both characters in a pairing.
Edited by LuvingLumi, Nov 12 2012, 05:29 PM.

six
Member Avatar

Dreamer
Nov 12 2012, 05:15 PM
six
LOL, so Sonny really did set things up to get Will in bed? Awesome. I didn't think he had it in him.
Not sure why Will doesn't feel stupid and naive... pretty much like his father insinuated.
Perhaps it didn't come across that way... I'm not sure why Will is so happy about being duped?

I never took will for Stupid......... then again he slept with Gabi with no birth control?
I disagree. Sonny is Will's boyfriend, so it shouldn't come as news to Will that Sonny thinks he's hot and wants to sleep with him. Lucas took that really natural thing that he was right about, then jumped into Lake Delusion where Sonny is a player who only cares about getting in Will's pants. Sonny's patient and supportive year long friendship disproves that, and I think Will realizes it.

elci525
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Nov 12 2012, 05:26 PM
On Lumi, I love them as lovers, friends, enemies, coparents...they just freaking work whatever way you throw them in a scene...some have their preferences and that is fine...I just think it works out as Sami's best and most honest pairing and she doesn't have to turn into someone she isn't to be paired with him. Lucas doesn't change when he's with Sami and Sami has still been portrayed as a lying, conniving bitch when she's with him....neither change and that is good for both characters in a pairing.
co-sign, co-sign, co-sign....unsurprisingly :wub2:

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

six
Nov 12 2012, 05:31 PM
Dreamer
six

I disagree. Sonny is Will's boyfriend, so it shouldn't come as news to Will that Sonny thinks he's hot and wants to sleep with him. Lucas took that really natural thing that he was right about, then jumped into Lake Delusion where Sonny is a player who only cares about getting in Will's pants. Sonny's patient and supportive year long friendship disproves that, and I think Will realizes it.
I think Lucas is uncomfortable with accepting his son is gay. I think that is still normal and the way they are trying to depict it isn't that bad. He's flip flopping from "I'm fine with you being gay" ...."to I'm uncomfortable with you and Sonny kissing in public" to "I'm an ass and don't listen to what I'm saying, I support you and only want you guys to be happy" to "He lured you here with a fake excuse to get in your pants and maybe he's just moving to fast". I just wish these writers were better at creating the layers this story needs. Lucas is in this uncomfortable place and since he continues to mentioned his failed reconciliation attempt with Sami then I just wish he would have an honest conversation with Will and tell him how he's feeling, what he's feeling, how it's confusing him and maybe it's stemming from a very bitter place in HIS own heart and that he just doesn't want anyone happy, including his son, regardless of who he's with now, I would think that would be a more understanding way to explain all that Lucas is going through, instead of assuming something that turned out to be true, without really knowing much about Sonny to make that conclusion. Now if Sonny was dating Chad or Ej or anyone linked with a Dimera then I can see where Lucas' concern would be coming from, or even if Sonny had been shown to be screwing everyone guy in Salem when Lucas first arrived back, then it would play into how he's feeling now. But these writers leave us thinking that we could come up with these conclusions as to why he is behaving this way. I have no doubt that Lucas loves Will and I know it's difficult for the father of a son to acknowledge, accept and embrace he's gay. It took Will how long to come to terms with him sexuality and even THEN he had issues accepting who he was....now he's embraced it, I just think it takes parents (especially fathers of gay men) more time to deal with this. I just know it's all plot driven now and it's stupid, but whatever.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

six
Dreamer
six

I have no problem with Sonny's 'games' to get Will in bed. Sending the customes to his place so that Will & He can spend some alone time together.... that is perfectly fine... but when having your father telling you how stupid and naive you are to a 'player' like Sonny, it downplays the romance of it. Will can love Sonny...but acknowledging that Lucas right...about the set up is creepy, not sexy.

I wanted more 'sexy for Wilson' and all we got was a couple of days of Sonny pushing Will away and now Will pulling him back in. Will is ready to be with Sonny... just not a dramatic as it could have been and leaving Lucas's dumbass comments out. IMO it would have been better if it was a convo betwen Sonny & Will about wanting to be together and Sonny attempt at seducing him.

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

OMG I'm excited for WilSon tomorrow. Today was just the lead in, and tomorrow will be hot. Nicole and Eric is interesting, in fact, I think this was the best episode I've seen in a while. I miss Lumi.

six
Member Avatar

Dreamer
Nov 12 2012, 05:51 PM
six
Dreamer
six

I have no problem with Sonny's 'games' to get Will in bed. Sending the customes to his place so that Will & He can spend some alone time together.... that is perfectly fine... but when having your father telling you how stupid and naive you are to a 'player' like Sonny, it downplays the romance of it. Will can love Sonny...but acknowledging that Lucas right...about the set up is creepy, not sexy.

I wanted more 'sexy for Wilson' and all we got was a couple of days of Sonny pushing Will away and now Will pulling him back in. Will is ready to be with Sonny... just not a dramatic as it could have been and leaving Lucas's dumbass comments out. IMO it would have been better if it was a convo betwen Sonny & Will about wanting to be together and Sonny attempt at seducing him.
It's a little weird that they're discussing Lucas just before they have sex, but it overall, it sounds fine to me, and I can't see how it makes Will look stupid, since he's clearly ready to take the next step anyway. Of course, I haven't seen it yet, and IIRC, you have, so maybe once it plays out, I'll see what creeped you out about it.

LL, I don't really have an issue with how the story is being told. All the different things Lucas has said make sense to me (not that they're right, or even logical), but I get why Lucas is in the place he's in, even though he's sending out conflicting messages, because Lucas is conflicted. From a completely objective standpoint, it would help to show Lucas struggling with all these things instead of having him pop up once a week to inform Will that he's in a new stage on the road to acceptance, but this is Days, so... :shrug:
Edited by six, Nov 12 2012, 07:13 PM.

lumifan4life

I personally find WilSon to be boring and I do not really care about their love life or how they go about doing anything. However, whether Sonny set the whole thing up to get Will to sleep with him is none of Lucas's business whatsoever. And no it does not make Sonny a bad person, a player, or anything even close to that. If I were a WilSon fan, I'd be cheering for Sonny for being so bold and for being so into his man that he'd do something mischievous yet totally harmless to achieve his goal. They are afterall a couple. He's not some predator luring his prey to his den of torture. He's Will's boyfriend, he's in love with him, he wants him, and he wants to sleep with him. What is wrong that? Absolutely nothing. And for Lucas to spew hypocritcal crap about Sonny being more experienced or supposedly promiscuous during his tour of Europe is totally laughable. This from a man who lost his virginity at 14 and spent his teen years and beyond bedding random women without a thought in the world. Please Lucas, where's that mirror he so often loves to hold up to Sami when you need it, lol. As far as I'm concerned, Lucas has zero POV when it comes to Sonny, absolutely nothing. Unless Lucas has hired a PI to do some extensive investigating into Sonny's sexual history in the years before he even met Will, Lucas has zero basis for his unreasonable and ridiculous assumptions. He's just being an ass, plain and simple. The reason being because he's lonely and bitter over Lumi's break up. That I feel sorry for him for but it's been months and seriously he needs to move the hell on.
Edited by lumifan4life, Nov 12 2012, 06:47 PM.

Romancer66

Plot driven crap in the aftermath of Nicole's storyline.

I guess we're supposed to forget Bitchifer's over-the-top, mean-spirited ranting about how she hated Nicole and Nicole didn't deserve to be a mother and Nicole was ruining the life of poor, defenseless Daniel. Now, practically overnight, Jen-Jen is just compassion itself--so generous and magnanimous to forgive the woman who tried to send her to jail. The woman she hounded and harassed for months before all this came to a head.

Daniel's ill-fitting halo also remains intact. Jen-Jen still thinks the sun shines out of his ass and he's "the greatest, bestest man evah," in spite of knowing that he deliberately involved himself with Nicole, professionally and personally. That he was nobody's victim and even he admits as much.

And of course, Nicole is the only one who's being told that she has to adjust her attitude and repent for her sins. Not that she doesn't have to take responsibility for her actions, but it's sickening that no one else involved in this is being asked or expected to reflect on their conduct. Bad girl, vixen, schemer--Nicole may be all those things but she didn't create this situation all by herself, yet she's the one who's lost the most. More insultingly, she's now being told to suck it up and be grateful to the woman who badgered her from the moment she discovered Nicole's involvement with Daniel, and whose own behavior was far from exemplary. No wonder she's bitter and just wants the whole Jennifer Horton Fan Club to fuck off and die.

TFP, Skye.

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

I love the sound of the lumi scenes. Interesting that sami is the one who finds out gabi is pregnant first now we can watch as she is tortured by not being able to tell rafe. I usually love hope but her expecting nicole to be grateful is a joke it would have been nice had she actually given nicole a little compasion since she knows the pain of loosing a child

annie21

Quote:

flashback to sex with gabi
which is probably not going to happen

"Probably?!" Did Will just leave the door open for him to sleep with a woman again?

Meanwhile, the Daniel pimping from Hope and Jennifer continues to be gag-worthy. "He's so great." "Yeah, he's really great." Moronic, sophmoric dialogue.

I remember in the old days when Hope usually managed to turn her conversations with Jennifer around to be all about her and Bo. Used to be an irritating habit. But, man, I would much prefer these two talking about Bo and Caroline -- or pretty much anything else -- rather than endlessly waxing poetic and swooning over the perfect doctor.

appleblossom

lumifan4life
Nov 12 2012, 06:45 PM
I personally find WilSon to be boring and I do not really care about their love life or how they go about doing anything. However, whether Sonny set the whole thing up to get Will to sleep with him is none of Lucas's business whatsoever. And no it does not make Sonny a bad person, a player, or anything even close to that. If I were a WilSon fan, I'd be cheering for Sonny for being so bold and for being so into his man that he'd do something mischievous yet totally harmless to achieve his goal. They are afterall a couple. He's not some predator luring his prey to his den of torture. He's Will's boyfriend, he's in love with him, he wants him, and he wants to sleep with him. What is wrong that? Absolutely nothing. And for Lucas to spew hypocritcal crap about Sonny being more experienced or supposedly promiscuous during his tour of Europe is totally laughable. This from a man who lost his virginity at 14 and spent his teen years and beyond bedding random women without a thought in the world. Please Lucas, where's that mirror he so often loves to hold up to Sami when you need it, lol. As far as I'm concerned, Lucas has zero POV when it comes to Sonny, absolutely nothing. Unless Lucas has hired a PI to do some extensive investigating into Sonny's sexual history in the years before he even met Will, Lucas has zero basis for his unreasonable and ridiculous assumptions. He's just being an ass, plain and simple. The reason being because he's lonely and bitter over Lumi's break up. That I feel sorry for him for but it's been months and seriously he needs to move the hell on.
I'm kidding, but maybe when Chloe returns she can convince Lucas to have another fling in the elevator to cheer him up and help him get over Sami, hee hee it worked last time.

appleblossom

Not to mention, he loved throwing his flings in Sami's face at times. Remember Nurse Debbie. He joked about having a three way with her and Sami. That was tacky.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

I really like Sami and Lucas like this: best friends and co-parents. I hope tptb keep this dynamic intact.
Oy, :facepalm: Gabi is pregnant. Why can't she get VD (one that can be cured) instead? I'm being serious; that would be different from what Days has done in a while and would be a lot more interesting, at least to me. I'm just tired of these babies s/ls.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

I don't like dull down Lumi. They deserve a story with fire. Every scene with them seems to be sitting around talking about whatever. Yes it works because they know how to make it work. But after nearly two decades of fire, these scenes just show how they now waste these two. This is not the dynamic that garnered them their iconic standing.

This is just a shadow of what they could do if given a storyline with some heat.
Edited by Aliaron, Nov 12 2012, 09:09 PM.

lumifan4life

appleblossom
Nov 12 2012, 08:11 PM
lumifan4life
Nov 12 2012, 06:45 PM
I'm kidding, but maybe when Chloe returns she can convince Lucas to have another fling in the elevator to cheer him up and help him get over Sami, hee hee it worked last time.
Seriously I was just saying that I'd take elevator sex over Lucas being an ass. At least Chloe is enough of a bombshell to distract Lucas with sex to the point where he'd probably leave WilSon alone. It did work last time. The guy just needs a good lay at this point. Maybe he's still heartbroken to commit to a relationship but just good sex will do for now.
Edited by lumifan4life, Nov 12 2012, 09:17 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply