Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, November 13th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 12 2012, 02:21 PM (11,285 Views)
lumifan4life

appleblossom
Nov 12 2012, 08:13 PM
Not to mention, he loved throwing his flings in Sami's face at times. Remember Nurse Debbie. He joked about having a three way with her and Sami. That was tacky.
Lucas went to brothels and slept with hookers. It was shown onscreen. That's why his hypocrisy right now is mindblowing.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lumifan4life

JamaicanBeauty7
Nov 12 2012, 08:22 PM
I really like Sami and Lucas like this: best friends and co-parents. I hope tptb keep this dynamic intact.
Oy, :facepalm: Gabi is pregnant. Why can't she get VD (one that can be cured) instead? I'm being serious; that would be different from what Days has done in a while and would be a lot more interesting, at least to me. I'm just tired of these babies s/ls.
I think for now Lumi will stay the way they are as long as Tomlin is writing.

lumifan4life

Aliaron
Nov 12 2012, 09:07 PM
I don't like dull down Lumi. They deserve a story with fire. Every scene with them seems to be sitting around talking about whatever. Yes it works because they know how to make it work. But after nearly two decades of fire, these scenes just show how they now waste these two. This is not the dynamic that garnered them their iconic standing.

This is just a shadow of what they could do if given a storyline with some heat.
With Tweetledee and Tweetledum both vying for Sami's fair vagina, I don't think Lucas has a chance of generating any type of heat with Sami, even in a fight scene unfortunately, lol.
Edited by lumifan4life, Nov 12 2012, 09:19 PM.

concerned
Member Avatar

lumifan4life
Nov 12 2012, 09:15 PM
appleblossom
Nov 12 2012, 08:11 PM
lumifan4life
Nov 12 2012, 06:45 PM
I personally find WilSon to be boring and I do not really care about their love life or how they go about doing anything. However, whether Sonny set the whole thing up to get Will to sleep with him is none of Lucas's business whatsoever. And no it does not make Sonny a bad person, a player, or anything even close to that. If I were a WilSon fan, I'd be cheering for Sonny for being so bold and for being so into his man that he'd do something mischievous yet totally harmless to achieve his goal. They are afterall a couple. He's not some predator luring his prey to his den of torture. He's Will's boyfriend, he's in love with him, he wants him, and he wants to sleep with him. What is wrong that? Absolutely nothing. And for Lucas to spew hypocritcal crap about Sonny being more experienced or supposedly promiscuous during his tour of Europe is totally laughable. This from a man who lost his virginity at 14 and spent his teen years and beyond bedding random women without a thought in the world. Please Lucas, where's that mirror he so often loves to hold up to Sami when you need it, lol. As far as I'm concerned, Lucas has zero POV when it comes to Sonny, absolutely nothing. Unless Lucas has hired a PI to do some extensive investigating into Sonny's sexual history in the years before he even met Will, Lucas has zero basis for his unreasonable and ridiculous assumptions. He's just being an ass, plain and simple. The reason being because he's lonely and bitter over Lumi's break up. That I feel sorry for him for but it's been months and seriously he needs to move the hell on.
I'm kidding, but maybe when Chloe returns she can convince Lucas to have another fling in the elevator to cheer him up and help him get over Sami, hee hee it worked last time.
Seriously I was just saying that I'd take elevator sex over Lucas being an ass. At least Chloe is enough of a bombshell to distract Lucas with sex to the point where he'd probably leave WilSon alone. It did work last time. The guy just needs a good lay at this point. Maybe he's still heartbroken to commit to a relationship but just good sex will do for now.
As long as it doesn't involve stew.... good couple (Lumi) sad waste of a romance scene.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lumifan4life

concerned
Nov 12 2012, 09:19 PM
lumifan4life
Nov 12 2012, 09:15 PM
appleblossom
Nov 12 2012, 08:11 PM
lumifan4life
I personally find WilSon to be boring and I do not really care about their love life or how they go about doing anything. However, whether Sonny set the whole thing up to get Will to sleep with him is none of Lucas's business whatsoever. And no it does not make Sonny a bad person, a player, or anything even close to that. If I were a WilSon fan, I'd be cheering for Sonny for being so bold and for being so into his man that he'd do something mischievous yet totally harmless to achieve his goal. They are afterall a couple. He's not some predator luring his prey to his den of torture. He's Will's boyfriend, he's in love with him, he wants him, and he wants to sleep with him. What is wrong that? Absolutely nothing. And for Lucas to spew hypocritcal crap about Sonny being more experienced or supposedly promiscuous during his tour of Europe is totally laughable. This from a man who lost his virginity at 14 and spent his teen years and beyond bedding random women without a thought in the world. Please Lucas, where's that mirror he so often loves to hold up to Sami when you need it, lol. As far as I'm concerned, Lucas has zero POV when it comes to Sonny, absolutely nothing. Unless Lucas has hired a PI to do some extensive investigating into Sonny's sexual history in the years before he even met Will, Lucas has zero basis for his unreasonable and ridiculous assumptions. He's just being an ass, plain and simple. The reason being because he's lonely and bitter over Lumi's break up. That I feel sorry for him for but it's been months and seriously he needs to move the hell on.
I'm kidding, but maybe when Chloe returns she can convince Lucas to have another fling in the elevator to cheer him up and help him get over Sami, hee hee it worked last time.
Seriously I was just saying that I'd take elevator sex over Lucas being an ass. At least Chloe is enough of a bombshell to distract Lucas with sex to the point where he'd probably leave WilSon alone. It did work last time. The guy just needs a good lay at this point. Maybe he's still heartbroken to commit to a relationship but just good sex will do for now.
As long as it doesn't involve stew.... good couple (Lumi) sad waste of a romance scene.
I think Lucas has a chance to have a good relationship with any woman not named Sami if they'd give him one. However they insist on leaving him bitter and angry instead.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

lumifan4life
Aliaron
I don't like dull down Lumi. They deserve a story with fire. Every scene with them seems to be sitting around talking about whatever. Yes it works because they know how to make it work. But after nearly two decades of fire, these scenes just show how they now waste these two. This is not the dynamic that garnered them their iconic standing.

This is just a shadow of what they could do if given a storyline with some heat.
With Tweetledee and Tweetledum both vying for Sami's fair vagina, I don't think Lucas has a chance of generating any type of heat with Sami, even in a fight scene unfortunately, lol.
Passion is not just sex. Passion is about desire and people desire many thing. Now after years of Lumi storylines about various desires, we're stuck with this. The only way I'd ever say Lumi works best as coffee buddies is if I didn't get good taste from watching back when storylines were good. Back when everyone had passion. For a job. A person. Revenge. Something.

Lukewarm Lumi doesn't work for me. Yes it's entertaining. But it's time to stop treating what should be a main course like its an appetizer.
Edited by Aliaron, Nov 12 2012, 09:27 PM.

lumifan4life

Aliaron
Nov 12 2012, 09:24 PM
lumifan4life
Aliaron

Passion is not just sex. Passion is about desire and people desire many thing. Now after years of Lumi storylines about various desires, we're stuck with this. The only way I'd ever say Lumi works best as coffee buddies is if I didn't get good taste from watching back when storylines were good. Back when everyone had passion. For a job. A person. Revenge. Something.

Lukewarm Lumi doesn't work for me. Yes it's entertaining. But it's time to stop treating what should be a main course like its an appetizer.
That's what I meant too. It's not just about sex. But as long as the other two are in Sami's orbit, Lucas's role will only be to drop off Allie's coloring book or pick up her ballet shoes. He's been demoted in Sami's life to the ex who picks up stuff for the kid. They can't be the same they were before because back then, Tweetledee and Tweetledum weren't in the picture. It was just Lumi's passionate custody battle over Will and all that. Now the dynamics have changed and Lucas is reduced to what we are seeing now.

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

Am I actually supposed to buy Sami is Gabi's new BFF, acting all concerned and whatnot? WTF?
Posted Image

lysie
Member Avatar

lumifan4life
Nov 12 2012, 09:16 PM
appleblossom
Not to mention, he loved throwing his flings in Sami's face at times. Remember Nurse Debbie. He joked about having a three way with her and Sami. That was tacky.
Lucas went to brothels and slept with hookers. It was shown onscreen. That's why his hypocrisy right now is mindblowing.
There are a lot of things wrong about the writing for Lucas, but I don't think "hypocrisy" is one. For one thing, that's so overused anyway. If the word actually was defined the way it's used in regards to this show, they'd all have to be BFFs with no opinions and no drama. Lucas' past behavior doesn't keep him from being allowed to be concerned about his son's own choices. It would be hypocritical if Lucas were still doing it and was telling Will it's okay for him, but not Sonny.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

lumifan4life
As much as I don't like Lucas interfering in Will's life, I certainly wouldn't expect anything less from a soap opera character. He's definitely being an ass right now. Who knows, maybe next week he won't be. Then again, maybe he will be. You never know with these writers.

Despite how I feel about Lucas' behavior and words right now, I would love for him to be right about Sonny. It would be immensely interesting and fun, not to mention hilarious, if Sonny dumped Will immediately after they have sex. I like the characters of Will and Sonny together and I am a fan of the couple; but I would laugh for weeks if Sonny took Will's V card and then kicked him to the curb. It would be so uncharacteristic of Sonny to do something like that and it would instantly prove to be a fascinating dimension to his character. The younger set desperately needs a bad guy or evil type and Chad is simply not that menacing. Sonny would be perfect for that role and it would give Victor someone to take over his rightful place in Salem. Also, Sonny tossing Will on his ass after whatever else he does to it would allow Will to be mopey and sad for weeks - two emotions CM plays very, very well. Then of course, Lucas would be vindicated by all of this which should please all of his stans.

Unfortunately, none of this is probably going to happen so I will settle for a token Will and Sonny relationship as this baby drama plays out. At least they are hot together.

Elsewhere in Salem, I really want Nicole to go psycho and take out half of Salem. That would liven things up quite a bit.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

lumifan4life
Nov 12 2012, 09:29 PM
Aliaron
lumifan4life
Aliaron

That's what I meant too. It's not just about sex. But as long as the other two are in Sami's orbit, Lucas's role will only be to drop off Allie's coloring book or pick up her ballet shoes. He's been demoted in Sami's life to the ex who picks up stuff for the kid. They can't be the same they were before because back then, Tweetledee and Tweetledum weren't in the picture. It was just Lumi's passionate custody battle over Will and all that. Now the dynamics have changed and Lucas is reduced to what we are seeing now.
Those two don't matter to me. But I also think by now Sami should have started her own business. Lucas too since he would be concerned about his legacy. This Sami working for the Dimeras makes no sense. Unless it was to steal their clientele for your own competing business.

To me Lucas is not the only one who has been relegated to a less than. Sami is no where near the potential of this character. Both are being underused. One as a standard naysayer. The other as a meat purse for guys to fight over.

elci525
Member Avatar

Aliaron
lumifan4life
Aliaron

Oh Aliaron, you have read my mind!! I feel this way exactly!!!! I don't understand this "I love this Lumi friend/co-parenting dynamic" line, at least after (admittedly only reading) the scenes for tomorrow, based on those scenes I mean. I will take Lumi any way I can get them, and as I have already said, the scene evidences that Sami and Lucas know each other so well and won't hesitate to call each other their nonsense. Which is great. I will always and forever love this about Lumi. But what else is there to love about the interaction, other than they are not involved romantically (for some)? It didn't sound all that great to me (notwithstanding the magic Lumi always bring with whatever dreck they are given), nothing that constitutes a so-wonderful dynamic that makes me think, OH yep yep yep THIS IS THE WAY I WANT THEM. If what you want is watered-down, plot driven, and not all that edgy, then yeah ok. Sure. It's non-threatening that way, I guess. But no, I do not think Lumi work BEST this way. I can't even define what this WAY is. Talking, sort of? Sort of arguing? Any chance to place a halo over Sami and a devil's pitch fork with Lucas? They do work really well as friends, that I am not denying. But as LL said, they work well all ways when given something to work with, when they are allowed to be the couple that, as you so perfectly put Aliaron, garnered them their iconic status. This writing is frustrating on so many levels, I can't even articulate. Grrr.

Still, will take what I can get and be grateful, I suppose. Will always enjoy the hard truths they bring out in each other.
Edited by elci525, Nov 12 2012, 10:22 PM.

elci525
Member Avatar

lumifan4life
Aliaron
lumifan4life
Aliaron

No, it wasn't just that (although of course that was certainly part of it). But no, it wasn't just "passion" surrounding custody drama. I am at risk of entering dangerous shipper crazy zone, so I will just leave it at that.

lumifan4life

elci525
Nov 12 2012, 10:17 PM
lumifan4life
Aliaron
lumifan4life

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

No, it wasn't just that (although of course that was certainly part of it). But no, it wasn't just "passion" surrounding custody drama. I am at risk of entering dangerous shipper crazy zone, so I will just leave it at that.
That's not what I meant either, lol. When I meant "it was just them fighting over custody", I meant it was just Lucas and Sami for years battling each other whether it was over custody or over love. It was just the two of them, not this harem of men we are now seeing in Sami's orbit. I also did not want to go into detail because this is not a shipper board. But I hope you get my drift now, lol.
Edited by lumifan4life, Nov 12 2012, 10:32 PM.

lumifan4life

elci525
Nov 12 2012, 10:05 PM
Aliaron
lumifan4life
Aliaron

Oh Aliaron, you have read my mind!! I feel this way exactly!!!! I don't understand this "I love this Lumi friend/co-parenting dynamic" line, at least after (admittedly only reading) the scenes for tomorrow, based on those scenes I mean. I will take Lumi any way I can get them, and as I have already said, the scene evidences that Sami and Lucas know each other so well and won't hesitate to call each other their nonsense. Which is great. I will always and forever love this about Lumi. But what else is there to love about the interaction, other than they are not involved romantically (for some)? It didn't sound all that great to me (notwithstanding the magic Lumi always bring with whatever dreck they are given), nothing that constitutes a so-wonderful dynamic that makes me think, OH yep yep yep THIS IS THE WAY I WANT THEM. If what you want is watered-down, plot driven, and not all that edgy, then yeah ok. Sure. It's non-threatening that way, I guess. But no, I do not think Lumi work BEST this way. I can't even define what this WAY is. Talking, sort of? Sort of arguing? Any chance to place a halo over Sami and a devil's pitch fork with Lucas? They do work really well as friends, that I am not denying. But as LL said, they work well all ways when given something to work with, when they are allowed to be the couple that, as you so perfectly put Aliaron, garnered them their iconic status. This writing is frustrating on so many levels, I can't even articulate. Grrr.

Still, will take what I can get and be grateful, I suppose. Will always enjoy the hard truths they bring out in each other.
Clearly not everyone will see that Lumi work well in a romantic sense. They have in the past but not everyone saw it that way. That is why some think they work best as co-parents and friends. It all depends on who they prefer on Sami's merry-go-round that's all. But nevertheless, Lucas is the one that's been demoted. And by demoted I mean if he can't be the top 2 in Sami's life, he's reduced to literally nothing with a crappy side story that makes him into a jackass.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Still loving Nicole's breakdown in HTS.. I know most are over the Nicole Baby SL... I am glad that she is still affected by her loss. To me this would be true to her character's current state of grief, unlike Bitcher's inability to shed a tear.

I thought it was weird how Nicole spots Eric... working out.... even before anyone knows he's in town. Wonder if he heard about Nicole's situation and came to help. Like Jennifer said, Salem is a very small town.....

lumifan4life

LonePirate
Nov 12 2012, 09:49 PM
lumifan4life
As much as I don't like Lucas interfering in Will's life, I certainly wouldn't expect anything less from a soap opera character. He's definitely being an ass right now. Who knows, maybe next week he won't be. Then again, maybe he will be. You never know with these writers.

Despite how I feel about Lucas' behavior and words right now, I would love for him to be right about Sonny. It would be immensely interesting and fun, not to mention hilarious, if Sonny dumped Will immediately after they have sex. I like the characters of Will and Sonny together and I am a fan of the couple; but I would laugh for weeks if Sonny took Will's V card and then kicked him to the curb. It would be so uncharacteristic of Sonny to do something like that and it would instantly prove to be a fascinating dimension to his character. The younger set desperately needs a bad guy or evil type and Chad is simply not that menacing. Sonny would be perfect for that role and it would give Victor someone to take over his rightful place in Salem. Also, Sonny tossing Will on his ass after whatever else he does to it would allow Will to be mopey and sad for weeks - two emotions CM plays very, very well. Then of course, Lucas would be vindicated by all of this which should please all of his stans.

Unfortunately, none of this is probably going to happen so I will settle for a token Will and Sonny relationship as this baby drama plays out. At least they are hot together.

Elsewhere in Salem, I really want Nicole to go psycho and take out half of Salem. That would liven things up quite a bit.
If Sonny is for some bizarre reason proven to be a player who dumps Will the minute they have sex or the second he finds out Will is the baby daddy, then Lucas will be vindicated and he will be seen as the oh so wise one who predicted from the start that saintly Sonny was up to no good even though no one believed him. But I doubt they will go there. I guess we'll see but I don't see Sonny being sacrificed so that Lucas looks like the misunderstood hero dad in the end. Instead I see Lucas apologizing to WilSon yet again (which he should) for being an ass. Spoilers indicate he and Sonny make peace for Will's sake anyway. Will it last? Maybe not. Will Lucas find yet another reason to think Sonny is the devil incarnate without any proof whatsoever? Probably. I'm hoping instead of Lucas picking on innocent Sonny that he instead focuses on his own life (fat chance since I doubt he's getting a woman anytime soon) or at least focus on his future grandchild once he finds out he has another mouth to feed, lol.

elci525
Member Avatar

lumifan4life
Nov 12 2012, 10:35 PM
elci525
Aliaron
lumifan4life

Clearly not everyone will see that Lumi work well in a romantic sense. They have in the past but not everyone saw it that way. That is why some think they work best as co-parents and friends. It all depends on who they prefer on Sami's merry-go-round that's all. But nevertheless, Lucas is the one that's been demoted. And by demoted I mean if he can't be the top 2 in Sami's life, he's reduced to literally nothing with a crappy side story that makes him into a jackass.
I wasn't really commenting on your idea that Lucas has been demoted, but more generally about Aliaron's ideas that lukewarm Lumi are nothing captivating, and other comments about this Lumi dynamic being oh-so enjoyable. Lumi not involved romantically is one thing. YES, of course clearly not everyone will think that is ideal, and I don't need to be told that. My comment was at the idea that the Lumi depicted in the write up was something to think, "oh yep, now THIS is good and I hope it stays in tact" about. I disagree vehemently with that notion. It could just be the Lumi shipper in me talking, unhappy that they aren't involved romantically, but I don't know what can be said that is "good" about the Lumi I saw represented in the write-up (other than that they are not in a couple, which admittedly, will be appeal enough for some). There are a few scattered bright spots: it's good that Lumi know each other; it's good that they call each other on their BS; Sami got a little zinger in there when she said Nicole married Lucas for money. Hints of the Lumi I once loved. But overall it just read to me as sort of conversation, arguing for device's sake. Everything Lumi does right now is sort of Lumi. Which lead to this whole back-and-forth about passion. Ali and Bry will always bring a spark, but knowing what they once were - it's just disappointing, that is all. This Lumi is rather vanilla and non-threatening, nothing that makes me go, oh yes yes yes, now this is good stuff. That was my point.

And my purpose for bringing up the fact that Lumi work well all ways when given something to work with was, partly yes to reinforce how much I love them as a couple, but more so to make the argument that they aren't being given anything substantial right now, imo. It's Lucas picking up Allie and dropping off coloring books as you said. Hence lukewarm. I'd have to watch the scenes to be sure of course, so perhaps I shouldn't be saying anything right now. But this is the impression I glean from the preview.

Lumi will always be special to me. But they are a pale shade of what they could be, and it bums me out.
Edited by elci525, Nov 12 2012, 10:51 PM.

lumifan4life

lysie
Nov 12 2012, 09:48 PM
lumifan4life
Nov 12 2012, 09:16 PM
appleblossom
There are a lot of things wrong about the writing for Lucas, but I don't think "hypocrisy" is one. For one thing, that's so overused anyway. If the word actually was defined the way it's used in regards to this show, they'd all have to be BFFs with no opinions and no drama. Lucas' past behavior doesn't keep him from being allowed to be concerned about his son's own choices. It would be hypocritical if Lucas were still doing it and was telling Will it's okay for him, but not Sonny.
And I also think that just because Lucas isn't engaging in that type of behavior anymore, he would at least remember how he used to be and cut Sonny some slack, especially since he really has no idea that the boy was actually as promiscuous as he is accusing him of being or that he is a player of any sort. I still see no validity in Lucas's claims other than he's worried about Will. I get that part but I don't get the Sonny bashing on his end at all.
Edited by lumifan4life, Nov 12 2012, 10:50 PM.

lumifan4life

elci525
Nov 12 2012, 10:43 PM
lumifan4life
Nov 12 2012, 10:35 PM
elci525
Aliaron

I wasn't really commenting on your idea that Lucas has been demoted, but more generally about Aliaron's ideas that lukewarm Lumi are nothing captivating, and other comments about this Lumi dynamic being oh-so enjoyable. Lumi not involved romantically is one thing. YES, of course clearly not everyone will think that is ideal, and I don't need to be told that. My comment was at the idea that the Lumi depicted in the write up was to think, "oh yep, now THIS is good" about and I hope it stays in tact. I disagree vehemently with that notion. It could just be the Lumi shipper in me talking, unhappy that they aren't involved romantically, but I don't know what can be said that is "good" about the Lumi I saw represented in the write-up (other than that they are not in a couple, which admittedly will be appeal enough for some). There are a few scattered bright spots: it's good that Lumi know each other; it's good that they call each other on their BS; Sami got a little zinger in there when she said Nicole married Lucas for money. Hints of the Lumi I once loved. But overall it just read to me as sort of conversation, arguing for device's sake. Everything Lumi does right now is sort of Lumi. Which lead to this whole back-and-forth about passion. Ali and Bry will always bring a spark, but knowing what they once were - it's just disappointing, that is all. This Lumi is rather vanilla and non-threatening, nothing that makes me go, oh yes yes yes, now this is good stuff. That was my point.

Lumi will always be special to me. But they are a pale shade of what they could be, and it bums me out.
With Tomlin's writing, it's no surprise that Lucas and Lumi have been reduced to mundane conversations about Allie's afterschool programs or Will's love life. They will always be lukewarm and non-threatening because of that fact.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply