Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ron Carlivati on the "stunning" Duke reveal
Topic Started: Nov 12 2012, 05:45 PM (994 Views)
dragonflies
Member Avatar

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/ron-carlivati-ghs-stunning-duke-reveal
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BradyB

We need more of these writers in Daytime!!!!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I love Carlivati!

King
Member Avatar

Really? I thought the whole reveal scene was HILARIOUS and not in a good way.

So ridiculous.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

King
Nov 13 2012, 12:50 PM
Really? I thought the whole reveal scene was HILARIOUS and not in a good way.

So ridiculous.
You're crazy! LOL! ;)

dragonflies
Member Avatar

I thought it was wonderful, campy but wonderful :P

King
Member Avatar

LOL.

Scooby, scooby doo!

happy
Member Avatar

Love that RC said he timed the double reveal so that he could reward fans rather than pissing them off. He wants them to ENJOY the show. DOOL are you listening?!?!?! Such a contrast to MarDar saying that pissing off fans was a good thing. See the trajectory of the ratings for the two shows, IIC.

happy
Member Avatar

I am so impressed that GH can pull off these surprises!!!

Lanemack
Member Avatar

I think what surprised me most is that Duke wasn't written to have a complete personality change and head to the dark side. I've been so jaded over the years with new writing teams changing personalities and "direction" that I almost EXPECT to be disappointed. I honestly thought that it was just another case of an old character returning to foil a couple (in this case Luke/Anna) without any regard to history or a once great love story.

I'm surprised that I'm not disappointed. I think that's a nod to some good writing - although I'm only cautiously optimistic (!).

KMan101
Member Avatar

Lanemack
Nov 14 2012, 10:15 AM
I think what surprised me most is that Duke wasn't written to have a complete personality change and head to the dark side. I've been so jaded over the years with new writing teams changing personalities and "direction" that I almost EXPECT to be disappointed. I honestly thought that it was just another case of an old character returning to foil a couple (in this case Luke/Anna) without any regard to history or a once great love story.

I'm surprised that I'm not disappointed. I think that's a nod to some good writing - although I'm only cautiously optimistic (!).
You summed my feelings up perfectly.

Good post.

Dominic18
Member Avatar

As a fan on vintage GH, I have to say that two years ago, I never imagined we'd see Duke, Robert, Anna, or Faison written in character (Unless it was by Sri Rao on NS2). Guza hated writing for vets and only did it sparingly, I'm grateful that there's a headwriter that can have fun with the soap while keeping it interesting! If only General Hospital Night Shift had been under a time of RC and FV, it could have been something different!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply