Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
About.com comings and goings: Another big return?
Topic Started: Nov 13 2012, 09:54 AM (14,919 Views)
Luvmydays
Member Avatar

Big deal whoever it is will probably be on for 2 minutes every 3 weeks.
Edited by Luvmydays, Nov 14 2012, 03:09 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

Yes, Kenny! Love love love!
Offline Profile Goto Top

leela46

DocandJohn4ever
Nov 14 2012, 02:51 PM
Renee Dimera
Nov 14 2012, 09:22 AM
DocandJohn4ever
Nov 14 2012, 05:39 AM
nickyj12345
Nov 14 2012, 02:02 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
it was during the Salem Stalker storyline... he was sort of like a guardian angel to Alice

here's a scene where he chases Marlena out of the Horton house after she tries to kill Alice

This is so well acted by Deidre and Francis, but what a load of bullshit this storyline was. It served up a temporary bump in ratings and some media play, but that was about it. Maybe if they'd had the balls to leave the victims dead and actually kill Marlena off, it would have worked, but the Melaswen resolution to the story was a heaping hump of fetid garbage. :soapbox:
well I don't know how true it is but I heard somewhere that the killings were supposed to be permanent but then when the ratings started to decline the network or somebody intervened and made them undo the storyline so we had the last few killings and then they killed Marlena and then we got Melaswen and looking back I actually didn't mind it, it drove me nuts when it first aired because I didn't know where it was going and what was going to happen, but looking back I don't think it was that bad... it may have been a little ridiculous but it was a hell of a lot more interesting than anything we're seeing now
I loved the original storyline with the killings. It was so dark and gothic and creepy. But then the show chickened out and brought everyone back and we ended up with the Melaswen shit. I kind of think JER was so pissed at having to change the story he had planned that he deliberately created the stupidest piece of shit storyline imaginable to explain the characters being brought back. Nothing about Melaswen was any good or made any sense. I'd still love to know what the original story idea was.

As for the return, Days needs more young characters. I'm hoping for Belle or Chelsea. Or if it's a male character then I hope it's Phillip.
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

King
Nov 14 2012, 02:11 PM
Going off of the LK tweet and the fact that they brought her back for the Horton funeral in '09 (?), I definitely think it could be Laura!!!!

But not Flannery...I think it will be JLB.

She could come between Daniel and Jennifer...maybe she hates Daniel for some reason. Those two are going to need a storyline.
A more likely scenario would be that Laura becomes Daniel's patient and then sleeps with him. That would fit with the character as well as be a recycling of both recent and 90's-era storylines.

Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

JLB as Laura didn't feel authentic at all, especially considering the previous Laura's. She was totally different. After getting over that she had her moments. She did crazy well, I'll give her that. I agree with the Josh Taylor comparison, but I have some respect for JLB's acting abilities. Still if we are getting Laura, it needs to be SF or Erika Slezak or just don't do it. If its just for one like two or three week arc then I will gladly take JLB back.
Offline Profile Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

annie21
Nov 14 2012, 03:24 PM
King
Nov 14 2012, 02:11 PM
Going off of the LK tweet and the fact that they brought her back for the Horton funeral in '09 (?), I definitely think it could be Laura!!!!

But not Flannery...I think it will be JLB.

She could come between Daniel and Jennifer...maybe she hates Daniel for some reason. Those two are going to need a storyline.
A more likely scenario would be that Laura becomes Daniel's patient and then sleeps with him. That would fit with the character as well as be a recycling of both recent and 90's-era storylines.

LOL! Yeah, well at least that would hopefully put an end to D.J.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Following up on the poster who comment on 'yesteryear'

The Merriam/Webster Dictionary's Definition of YESTERYEAR
1: last year
2: time gone by; especially : the recent past

Here's back to hoping it is PR, MA, or CC that will return.
Edited by Dreamer, Nov 14 2012, 05:43 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tylerbo20

for a Kate storyline....a good one...it should either be...Vivian (but she was wasted under the same writers last time and never saw much of eachother which was lame) Phillip so a boring storyline for Kate lol...Austin same as Phillip...Billie still there sorta.. you can't have Laura return w/o Bill and im not sure Laura would be a kate storyline i hope its Vivian coming back with proof she is Phillips mother or something
Offline Profile Goto Top

james0479
Member Avatar

As much as I doubt it, I wish the return was Louise Sorel as Vivian. Tomlin and Co seem to love her and as pissed as she was when she was let go this last time, I think Tomlin could get her back. With Kristan in town, it would be delicious seeing those two in cahoots again. I'm not holding my breath however.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar

Dreamer
Nov 13 2012, 11:48 AM
I am a compassionate viewer..... :drunk: I still want to save MR from any personal disgrace.
Then someone should have told her to stop acting years ago.
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Drew
Nov 14 2012, 10:29 PM
Dreamer
I am a compassionate viewer..... :drunk: I still want to save MR from any personal disgrace.
:lol:

I was this close to flooding my keyboard with tea.

Thanks a lot, Drew. :toetap:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Drew
Dreamer
To be fair, she kind of did. Clearly you haven't been watching lately.
Online Profile Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar

nocturnalblondie
Nov 14 2012, 11:30 PM
Drew
Dreamer
:lol:

I was this close to flooding my keyboard with tea.

Thanks a lot, Drew. :toetap:
Ahem ...

"OH MY GOOOOOOSH"
Offline Profile Goto Top

Evan
Member Avatar

I'd love it to be MA, but I've got my doubts because it's Tomlin writing this, and we know that he sees little need for the Jack character on his show.
Vivian coming back would be kinda fun, she and Kristian could make some mischief.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Evan
Member Avatar

Drew: too funny, but sadly true, MR's been phoning it in since her return, and whatever chemistry she once had with Matt Ashford perished years ago.
Her acting is as fake as her hair color. ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

shar_d
Member Avatar

DocandJohn4ever
Nov 14 2012, 05:39 AM
nickyj12345
Nov 14 2012, 02:02 AM
Mitchapalooza
Nov 14 2012, 01:53 AM
nickyj12345
Nov 14 2012, 01:34 AM
Zombie Tom Horton? That's as "vet" as you get.
Well we have already had "Floating Head Tom Horton" so I guess anything is possible with this show. :shrug:
I am truly sad to say that I have no idea what this is. Please share your wisdom with me, Mitch.

(Also, have you had your baby yet?!)
it was during the Salem Stalker storyline... he was sort of like a guardian angel to Alice

here's a scene where he chases Marlena out of the Horton house after she tries to kill Alice

wow thanks for the clip, i remember this scene!

*side note* Marlena looks younger now than she did then, don't you think? She definitely had some work done, no more jowls lol. She looks great though!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

King
Nov 14 2012, 02:24 PM
OMG! JLB in scenes with Eileen again - DIE DIE DIE! I would freak out!
OMG this totally slipped my mind.....I want a JLB/ED reunion....god I hope it is her now coming back as Laura.
Offline Profile Goto Top

naptown
Member Avatar

I'd love to see JLB back as Laura as she was a great nemesis for Kristin! Also, I don't know if this was mentioned yet (I read the first 8 pages of this thread and skipped to the last), but since Wayne Northrop was mentioned as Roman, it might be a possibility. I read that his wife Lynn Herring was returning to GH as Lucy, so maybe they're leaving their farm and coming back to Hollywood. I'd also be cool with the Bill Horton recast from Alice's funeral coming back. I think Susan Flannery said she was retiring, and personally, I liked JLB's cray-cray Laura. How cool would a Laura/Bill/Kate triangle be? Or Bill/Kate/Stefano? Or they could also pair Laura up with Roman.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

If it was Wayne Northup, Jamie Lynn Bauer, John Martin, Matt Ashford or Christie Clark...I would be over the moon!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

AFaithL
Nov 14 2012, 12:31 PM
So it's Bren Foster? Ugh. I was hoping for Peter Reckell!
No.

That person was kidding.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic