Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
About.com comings and goings: Another big return?
Topic Started: Nov 13 2012, 09:54 AM (14,913 Views)
naptown
Member Avatar

Oh man, just watched that Salem Stalker clip, worst fucking storyline ever! Actually, I remember being intrigued at the time wondering who they would kill off next and what their explanation for it would be. Then we got Melaswen and Tony/Andre as the mastermind and the incredibly lame explanations of how he did it. Huge pile of crap!

Which makes me wonder now, if the Tony they brought back a couple years ago was the real Tony and it was Andre, as well as him being Andre from the Aremid days, then Kristen was never married to Tony, she was married to Andre, right?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

naptown
Nov 15 2012, 03:22 AM
Oh man, just watched that Salem Stalker clip, worst fucking storyline ever! Actually, I remember being intrigued at the time wondering who they would kill off next and what their explanation for it would be. Then we got Melaswen and Tony/Andre as the mastermind and the incredibly lame explanations of how he did it. Huge pile of crap!

Which makes me wonder now, if the Tony they brought back a couple years ago was the real Tony and it was Andre, as well as him being Andre from the Aremid days, then Kristen was never married to Tony, she was married to Andre, right?
Yup, Kristin was married to Andre. The real Tony hadn't been seen since he disappeared on the foggy pier in 1985.

I don't think Tony's dead. I think he's living with an also-not-dead Renee on Stefano's island. :laugh:
Offline Profile Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Nov 15 2012, 02:55 AM
If it was Wayne Northup, Jamie Lynn Bauer, John Martin, Matt Ashford or Christie Clark...I would be over the moon!
I agree with these.

And Peter Reckell.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lil
Member Avatar

I hope it's Mary lol "The woman...the legend...." hahahaha
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Personally, I wouldn't be opposed to Marie, the Titan receptionist. I actually miss her.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DaysPossessed
Member Avatar

So is Patrikia Darbo the big return?
Edited by DaysPossessed, Nov 15 2012, 11:57 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tylerbo20

Hope not...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

If it's Patrikia Darbo that is LAME-O.
Offline Profile Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

I wouldn't consider Patrika to be a big return. Nancy & Craig were always supporting characters to Chloe or Mike/Carrie early on.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Maybe PD's announcement is to throw us off track? TomSell need to do something special after this lackluster November sweeps.

Nancy returning to Salem is not going to bring in oodles of fans.
Offline Profile Goto Top

naptown
Member Avatar

All the article said was that it was a popular actor/actress from yesteryear. At first I was thinking it was a legacy character, ie someone who had a major storyline and was from one of the major families like a Horton or a Brady. Mike, Laura, or Bill Horton would fit that. Seeing that Days is looking to reboot back to the late 90's again, it might very well be Patrika Darbo and Kevin Spirtas. I wouldn't mind seeing them on a recurring basis, like Justin and Adrienne, and it would be a good opportunity to cast their daughter Joy who could mix it up with the a new teen crowd, JJ, or even the 20-somethings.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DJsMommy
Member Avatar

shar_d
Nov 15 2012, 01:21 AM
DocandJohn4ever
Nov 14 2012, 05:39 AM
nickyj12345
Nov 14 2012, 02:02 AM
Mitchapalooza
Nov 14 2012, 01:53 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I am truly sad to say that I have no idea what this is. Please share your wisdom with me, Mitch.

(Also, have you had your baby yet?!)
it was during the Salem Stalker storyline... he was sort of like a guardian angel to Alice

here's a scene where he chases Marlena out of the Horton house after she tries to kill Alice

wow thanks for the clip, i remember this scene!

*side note* Marlena looks younger now than she did then, don't you think? She definitely had some work done, no more jowls lol. She looks great though!
I was thinking the same thing while watching her this week. Dee looks younger & more beautiful on this week's shows than I've ever seen her!
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

How lame if Patrika Darbo is the big return. I like her just fine, I think she's a very nice lady, but I was expecting someone more popular.
Offline Profile Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

I think she was the return.

The way the article talks about it, it doesn't make it seem like it was MAJOR.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DocandJohn4ever
Member Avatar

King
Nov 15 2012, 09:32 PM
I think she was the return.

The way the article talks about it, it doesn't make it seem like it was MAJOR.
it's her they posted another article this afternoon

Patrika Darbo Returns to Days of Our Lives

The secret is out. Patrika Darbo is the yesteryear star returning to Days of Our Lives.

Darbo began taping scenes as the manipulative Nancy Wesley, a role she last portrayed in 2005, on November 13.

Look for Nancy to return to support her daughter, Chloe (Nadia Bjorlin), who resurfaces in Salem on Jan 4. Her first appearance will be in February.

Since leaving Days, Darbo has focused on film and primetime work. The actress, in fact, guest starred on the final episode of Desperate Housewives as Jean, the seamstress fitting Renee's (Vanessa Williams) wedding gown.

http://daysofourlives.about.com/b/2012/11/15/patrika-darbo-returns-to-days-of-our-lives.htm?r=facebook
Offline Profile Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

I love me some Patrika, but I was hoping for someone bigger. As I highly doubt Patrika will be around for long.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tylerbo20

Shit-e
Offline Profile Goto Top

supercool74
Member Avatar

Lame. That wasn't worth the secrecy.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysofold

supercool74
Nov 16 2012, 10:50 AM
Lame. That wasn't worth the secrecy.