Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
About.com comings and goings: Another big return?
Topic Started: Nov 13 2012, 09:54 AM (14,917 Views)
jam6242
Member Avatar

Matt
Nov 13 2012, 12:06 PM
In my wildest dreams....

Jed Allan returns as Don Craig (which, if you read my fanfic, should be no surprise).

Michael T. Weiss as Mike Horton. :)

Susan Flannery making a surprise guest return as Laura Horton to straighten out Jennifer.

Denise Alexander returning as Susan Peters to give Susan Seaforth Hayes a MUCH long awaited frontburner storyline.
You know it won't be anything this good!
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I would love for it to be Philip/JKJ. I love me some dimples. :wub:

But we already suffer from an overload of 30 something men and not enough ladies to go around...so that could be problematic. Unless they sent off a couple of them ... *ahem* :$

I'd also love to have Tony/Thaoo back...but again, purely for the selfish reason of feeding my fan girl bias. And I would hate to see Tony back without Anna.

So that probably leaves us with Farah Fath./Mimi :hh:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Marlene

mer4santo
Nov 13 2012, 11:36 AM
It better be Don Craig with the goddamn mail.

I miss Don and after reading Matt's fanfic, I would love to have Don back. But I'd be thrilled with a Tony return as well.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

people they can bring
men
jack
tony
phillp
natan
shawn
mike horton
Don Craig
women
mimi
greta
belle
laura horton
liz the singer from the 80
melanie
Arianna
anna
Offline Profile Goto Top

Harmony233

DrewHamilton
Nov 13 2012, 12:15 PM
I want someone to return and actually bring something to enhance the current canvas.

Bill or Laura returning could be helpful to Jennifer, Abigail, Lucas and Will.

Tony returning would obviously involve the DiMeras, and now Kristen.

Peter returning would connect to Kristen, but I'm just not sure the show would do that to Melissa Reeves.

I'd like to see Philip return since Chloe's going to be back around that time.

Shawn and Belle are possibilities, especially Shawn now that Hope doesn't have Bo. Just please no Jason Cook!
I've actually wanted Bill to return for awhile
Offline Profile Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Please no Tony. Or Andre. Or Tony, who the actor will try to transform into Andre when he thinks that the plot has started to slip (which only makes things worse by tossing overacting into the mix).

I'm down for Peter, though. Reeves should be a professional about it, and I'd like to think she would.

What stories are they telling in Jan/February? Could be an entirely different set than what we're seeing, which makes it hard to guess who could come back.
Offline Profile Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

I'll honestly be happy with anyone. As long as it equals to less airtime for Daniel it's all good.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

px780
Nov 13 2012, 12:21 PM
I'm down for Peter, though. Reeves should be a professional about it, and I'd like to think she would.
I don't think it's a case of her being professional or not. It's a very touchy subject, and so far, since she returned back in 2000, the show seems to respect her wishes, and I don't see why that would change now.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Longoria

I would love to have Anna and Carrie on screen together. Maybe Anna gave my beloved Carrie a backbone and she comes back to Salem to butcher some Swine! LOL
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

My guess is JKJ as Philip. Jason Cook as Shawn would be my guess, but I think Shawn and Belle are pretty much a package deal and it just says one person so I doubt its either of them. Philip makes the most sense.

I wish no one threw Wayne Northrop's name out there because now I'm clearly going to be disappointed regardless of who it is! Even though I love Tony, Anna, JKJ's Philip (sometimes), and Jason Cook's Shawn. They don't really compare to Wayne's Roman. With Lynn Herring returning to GH in mid-December (taping now) I would think Wayne would be open to a return. Too bad Josh Taylor is locked into the role because of his friendship with Corday.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JoeBucs32

jam6242
Nov 13 2012, 12:18 PM
Matt
Nov 13 2012, 12:06 PM
In my wildest dreams....

Jed Allan returns as Don Craig (which, if you read my fanfic, should be no surprise).

Michael T. Weiss as Mike Horton. :)

Susan Flannery making a surprise guest return as Laura Horton to straighten out Jennifer.

Denise Alexander returning as Susan Peters to give Susan Seaforth Hayes a MUCH long awaited frontburner storyline.
You know it won't be anything this good!
These ideas are awesome!!!

Julie needs/deserves a storyline!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

What would be the hush hush nonsense for any of these characters?
Unless it is Jack from the dead or Andre, where is he, dead too? or Peter from prison?
The rest of the options are just meh.... no surprise or impact to the current canvas.

Where's the fan outcry for any of these characters? Carrie coming back with a baby? God forbid any more pregnant or little babies in Salem.

Shawn- solo WTF cares... no impact

Philip... no impact... unless he comes back to kill Daniel to keep his son
Edited by Dreamer, Nov 13 2012, 12:36 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sariah
Member Avatar

Part of me really wants for it to be Philip (although I don't know if he'd qualify with the "yesteryear" remark), but the other part of me doesn't because I've already seen the damage TomSell inflicted on him their first go-round - I'd hate to see what they'd do to him this time.

The timing might be right for him to return if there is a retconning of Parker's paternity.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Watch it be Dario Hernandez.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jaygal
Member Avatar

Philip can come back anytime he likes as far as i'm concerned.
Shawn D annoys me no end so I could live without him being back no matter who the actor was.
Online Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I want Jack back on this show badly, but "yesteryear" really doesn't apply to someone who was just on the show a few months ago. I'm not sure what "yesteryear" really implies. To me that is like 80s-early 90s and earlier.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Marlene

Partnersincrime
Nov 13 2012, 12:20 PM
people they can bring
men
jack
tony
phillp
natan
shawn
mike horton
Don Craig
women
mimi
greta
belle
laura horton
liz the singer from the 80
melanie
Arianna
anna

When I read yesteryear, it's someone who's been gone a while. So to me, JKJ, PR, MB, CC and even MA are not possibilities.

There was discussion with GL (Liz Chandler) a while back, I think. I'm inclined to believe it's someone that far back. Don, Bill, Laura (SF, not the other one), Liz, Mike, or maybe Tony. To me, most of the others on the list are too recent departures and Mimi and Greta just won't have the attraction that many of the others do.

Now having said this none of the returns I mentioned would do anything for the demographic but rather pull back many oldtimerss like me.

And I'd love to have WN back but can Days really do ANOTHER "he isn't who he thought he was" story with Roman?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

At this point I would gladly take anyone from the Last Blast group back (except for Mimi. Never Mimi). That means you, Eric Winter. :wub2: :boobs: Do Cassie and Rex even exist anymore?

Wayne Northrop would be a really cool person to bring back. Oh look, Kristen brought the wrong man back 14 years ago. Surprise! It's been awhile since we've had a "Wait, who is Roman?" saga. :rolleyes:
Edited by Spencer Hastings, Nov 13 2012, 12:36 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dorothy595
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
Nov 13 2012, 11:45 AM
Please be Matt Ashford...Please be Matt Ashford...Please be Matt Ashford. :pray: :pray:
AMEN to that!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I really think they could just say "The role of Roman Brady is now being played by Wayne Northrop" and be done with it. Or just have him walk into the Brady Pub as Roman. Doesn't need to be a who's the real Roman? Although I would absolutely love to forget that Josh Taylor's Roman ever existed so I wouldn't be opposed to it. If John Black can be the fake Roman and fool everyone for so long then I'm sure Josh Taylor can. Anyone would buy it. I just don't think his return needs to be a storyline, but it could push the Roman character into storylines and finally get him a romance because Roman will be played by a talented actor for the first time in 20 years.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic