Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, November 14th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 13 2012, 03:00 PM (7,883 Views)
King
Member Avatar

It was great! I don't even really like Sonny, but I LOVE Will/Chandler.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

JtSmarts
Nov 14 2012, 02:28 PM
In today's newly created flashback Eric told Nicole he hit his father. I found the scene that this was in reference too.
Fauxman is punched around 2:13, I tried to see if the flashback was based on a scene that actually aired with Jensen but was unsuccessful.

from on the mark 33.55
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqTRIgQ0HQg&feature=plcp

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

Thanks a lot Partnersincrime, I knew it had to exist somewhere lol.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Man that Ericole exchange brings me a lot of happy memories...man I loved them so....I saw a little chemistry in the preview, I just need to see more to see if they got it

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

nolagirl
Nov 14 2012, 01:52 PM
granolagirl
Nov 14 2012, 01:23 PM
nolagirl
Nov 14 2012, 11:48 AM
LucasHortonFan
Nov 13 2012, 10:21 PM
cant some priests marry these days? What is the big deal? Its a soap. Haven't priests fallen before? Just don't make him fall for nothing, that would get me really mad!
Minister's can marry not priest - the Catholic Religion does not allow it. As a Catholic I find this whole premise insulting, to have Eric give up his belief's so he can have a relationship with Nicole is low, they are again setting Nicole up as the manipulating bitch to mock. If they had chosen a religion where he as a minister is allowed marriage it would have been fine. But as usual they think it's not a big deal, having a priest shirtless and in a sexual situation. Well sorry not all of us want to see this kind of story depicted, pick on another religion and see the out cry. If they truly wanted Eric and Nicole as a couple they shouldn't have made him a priest.
Priests are human beings too, though, and struggle with these things.

Days did a story like this in a lot of ways with Mike and Robin. She wasn't ordained in any way, but they portrayed her as having very strong Jewish beliefs that she compromised to have a love affair with Mike Horton.
Jewish believe that a Rabbi is supposed to get married, Catholic Priset are NOT. It boils down to a religious aspect where as a viewer I find unacceptable to use in a soap where they no longer have love stories or soul mates they have hook-ups and insta pairings for a priest to leave under those circumstances IS NOT Acceptable.
in the storng stream Orthodox in the jewish religion if you
devout you can not be non jewish person it worse to man because if will have child with not jewish woman his children will not consider jewish

despite that in Reformative stream in the jewish religion there not really problem with this and you can elebarte jewish and Christianity Holidays it something you can not do at all in stream Orthodox

if you devout person in the stream of Orthodox in the jewish religion
being with non jewish person it almost equal as Catholic priest with woman

concerned
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Nov 14 2012, 07:48 AM
concerned
Nov 14 2012, 01:50 AM
Courtneya6688
Nov 14 2012, 01:24 AM
I honestly dont mind sami being there with gabi finding out she is pregnant. I think the irony that its wills baby is kind of funny. She was a teen oarent so she understandd gabis situation but i cant wait for her to find out she is going to be a granny that reaction will be priceless
Is EJ ready to be step-nonno?
Why would Ej be a step anything to Will and Gabi's child? He isn't related to either of them, and he and Sami aren't even dating,let alone a couple or married. Don't think that will even be an issue.
I'm working on the assumption that lock stock and barrel will lead to them dating, being a couple or married.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
Nov 14 2012, 02:47 PM
LonePirate
Nov 14 2012, 02:17 PM
Since neither Will or Sonny talked about having safe sex, will one of them contract an STD or become pregnant? I do not put anything past this crazy show.

That sex scene was incredibly tame. Maybe someone thought the show would be daring enough just by showing two television-naked guys in bed sharing the afterglow and canoodling. Last year's EJ and Sami grief sex was more graphic as was Will and Gabi's recent fling. Speaking of that fling, Will seemed far more into the sex with Gabi than with Sonny. I place the blame for that squarely on CM. FS was selling the scenes as much as possible but CM almost looked bored and disinterested. Maybe it was nerves or pressure on his part but he definitely does not share FS's anything goes attitude and approach to their scenes. Maybe he will improve the next time, assuming there is a next time now that the precedent has been set.
You thought that was tame? Are you serious. That was more kissing than anything I've seen on US primetime tv. Also, I was surprised to see them lying shirtless in bed and cuddled up. This wouldn't have aired 10 years ago.
Yes, I truly think it was tame. It may have been a little more risqué than some of the same sex bedroom scenes on network television; but there have been hundreds of more intense and passionate straight sex scenes on television, even on this show. By those standards, it fell short. I guess one's opinion depends on which grading scale is being used to judge the scenes - a gay only scale or an all couples scale. Maybe Days will crank up the heat in subsequent scenes as this might have been a trial balloon.

I will admit that my judgment is based on my opinion that only one of the guys seemed to be into the scenes whereas the other was just collecting a paycheck. As it is, I would grade the scene as a B- possibly a B. For two guys who seemingly couldn't wait to fuck each other, the scenes were not as hot as they could have been.

concerned
Member Avatar

nolagirl
Nov 14 2012, 01:19 PM
bomber
Nov 14 2012, 01:04 PM
nolagirl
Nov 14 2012, 12:32 PM
LuvingLumi
Nov 14 2012, 12:05 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deephttp://www.reuters.com/article/2009/05/28/us-usa-priest-idUSTRE54R70020090528) , who then went on to convert and they were able to marry in their new religion and continue to serve God.

If Eric was shown not to love Nicole EVER then I can see what you were saying and even then, priests are human, they commit sins like everyone else, they CAN fall in love and have. IMHO it's a very good story to tell, very soapy and something that can touch on realism. My preference would be that they tell this story as Eric after years of feeling empty and not finding anyone who he can love as much as Nicole decided to embrace God. It gave him comfort and helped him move on with his life. Now he's back and realizes he never stopped loving Nicole and seeking God was only a way to have him forget her and it never worked. He then has to deal with not only the re-emergence of his feelings for Nicole but also his betrayal of God and the church.
Likie I said pick another religion, Catholic's are always USED for this kind of story. So in your soapy story he has to give up his TRUE religion and chose another so he can screw Nicole. Sorry again as a Catholic I find it repulsive, I don't appreciate my religion being used like this. But then again I guess some find it all soapy and want to tune in for it obviously, but then that's a topic for a whole other board - there is an old saying NEVER talk Politics or Religion it can be a very touchy subject. So if as a Catholic I don't appreciate my religion being used excuse me. :shame:
I do get your point nolagirl but, to be honest, it's not that unusual for a young to join the priesthood and then fall in love with a woman and struggle to decide between the two. I personally know three guys who have left the priesthood to get married. Of course, because it takes about six years to train, they usually work out their woman issues during their seinary training years, which brings up another point. An important part of priest training is spending time with family and friends and working through past issues to make sure you are not just running away from your problems. How did Eric become a priest without returning to Salem and discussing it with his family?
I'm sure they'll gloss over that and make it as they've stayed in touch or somehow the family went to him Sami probably jetted over for a few session's while we were watching her the past years. I just think that for me personally touching on religion especially in these times should be taboo.
She did go and stay with him during the Fake Rafe fiasco.

michr544125

LonePirate
Nov 14 2012, 03:36 PM
Kevc1980
LonePirate
Since neither Will or Sonny talked about having safe sex, will one of them contract an STD or become pregnant? I do not put anything past this crazy show.

That sex scene was incredibly tame. Maybe someone thought the show would be daring enough just by showing two television-naked guys in bed sharing the afterglow and canoodling. Last year's EJ and Sami grief sex was more graphic as was Will and Gabi's recent fling. Speaking of that fling, Will seemed far more into the sex with Gabi than with Sonny. I place the blame for that squarely on CM. FS was selling the scenes as much as possible but CM almost looked bored and disinterested. Maybe it was nerves or pressure on his part but he definitely does not share FS's anything goes attitude and approach to their scenes. Maybe he will improve the next time, assuming there is a next time now that the precedent has been set.
You thought that was tame? Are you serious. That was more kissing than anything I've seen on US primetime tv. Also, I was surprised to see them lying shirtless in bed and cuddled up. This wouldn't have aired 10 years ago.
Yes, I truly think it was tame. It may have been a little more risqué than some of the same sex bedroom scenes on network television; but there have been hundreds of more intense and passionate straight sex scenes on television, even on this show. By those standards, it fell short. I guess one's opinion depends on which grading scale is being used to judge the scenes - a gay only scale or an all couples scale. Maybe Days will crank up the heat in subsequent scenes as this might have been a trial balloon.

I will admit that my judgment is based on my opinion that only one of the guys seemed to be into the scenes whereas the other was just collecting a paycheck. As it is, I would grade the scene as a B- possibly a B. For two guys who seemingly couldn't wait to fuck each other, the scenes were not as hot as they could have been.
In the interview Freddie did recently he said him and Chandler wanted to make the Will and Sonny love scene full of passion and love or something to that affect. i don't think either actor was going for the hot effect at this point. For me it worked but I get it's all subjective. This was Will's first time with a guy and though both guys were ready to fuck the living daylights out of each other they showed they truly wanted to be with each other based on something that goes much deeper than sex. Don't get me wrong, I think it sucks they made the Will/Gabi sex scene so revealing but there was nothing in the least bit sensual nor romantic about their scenes. I have been harsh on Chandler at times but I thought he was completely into this based on the effect him and Freddie were going for in the scenes which worked for me. Plus, Chandler even tweeted on his own today about being excited for Wilson. He never tweets so I don't see him as not being 100% into this.
Edited by michr544125, Nov 14 2012, 03:50 PM.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

King
Nov 14 2012, 02:50 PM
Sonny kissing Will's nipple/chest...woof woof! So hot.
I wholeheartedly agree with this despite my qualms with the rest of the scene. Freddie went all out today. I wouldn't be surprised if he was asked to dial down a notch or two. I cannot sing his praises enough as I thought he convincingly portrayed Sonny as being in love and lust with the man beside him. His happiness, if not ecstasy, was clearly palpable. FS nailed it big time today. He should be proud of these scenes.

King
Member Avatar

The dialogue was a little cheesey, now that I have given it a re-watch, but people love that so they have to throw it in there.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

michr544125
Nov 13 2012, 06:47 PM
That Wilson love scene is hot! Go DOOL, Freddie and Chandler! No there wasn't rolling around under the sheets. But the lead up to it and them in bed with the blankets draped around their naked bodies was so sensual. To me this was way better than Kish. Never thought this show would show what they did when they first started this gay storyliine. Love what they say to each other in bed also. I"m trying to ignore the flea that won't away named Gabi. I'm tying to enjoy this story but she's like a flea that won't go away.
Kish was chaste in comparison. I think this was excellent, more than I expected, frankly. I said the other day that I always found Wilson sweet and romantic rather than sexy, until recently. They've certainly found their chemistry, and I really loved the parts where they were just laying in bed together touching each other. Good for NBC. I also loved their dialogue. It seemed very in character for both of them.

As for Gabi, I'm just seeing her as the person who will make sure Wilson are around and have a storyline for at least 8 more months, hopefully more.

Nate
Member Avatar

I missed the first 30 minutes (watching on soapnet), but this episode is OK. I'm 45 minutes in and they still haven't shown Eric or did I miss that?

cord08

I normally don't pay much attention to wardrobe on this show. However, I couldn't help but laugh today when they showed Will's green boxers because I could have sworn Nick was wearing the same green boxers earlier this week (or last week). I guess DAYS orders boxers in a multi-pack. LOL.
Edited by cord08, Nov 15 2012, 01:03 AM.

Will&Sonny

LonePirate
Nov 14 2012, 03:36 PM
Kevc1980
LonePirate

While I (respectfully!) disagree with your opinion that only one of the actors was fully committed to the scenes, I can understand why you formed that opinion. For me, context is important here -- Freddie was playing the experienced guy in this scene. It makes perfect sense that he would be more comfortable doing certain things -- things that he's used to doing, like casually kissing a guy's chest -- than Will (and, by extension, Chandler) would. Chandler was playing the role of the awestruck young man who had just made love for the first time in his life (everything up to that point was purely sex). He was speechless and blissful, but he was also still nervous about being "good enough" for his more experienced partner. I think that Chandler and Freddie each played their respective roles perfectly, and I didn't get the feeling that one of them was more or less committed than the other.

But I'm a huge fan of Chandler's, so I'm biased. Freddie's great, too, but I'm a Chandler fan first and foremost.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

EJ looked a little impressed that Marlena knew exactly what was up. Yeah, your former mother-in-law... not so dumb. She had you pegged, she has your sister pegged and she is still the only one to take Stefano truly out of the running for a longer amount of time. TWICE.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

nolagirl
Nov 14 2012, 11:48 AM
LucasHortonFan
Nov 13 2012, 10:21 PM
cant some priests marry these days? What is the big deal? Its a soap. Haven't priests fallen before? Just don't make him fall for nothing, that would get me really mad!
Minister's can marry not priest - the Catholic Religion does not allow it. As a Catholic I find this whole premise insulting, to have Eric give up his belief's so he can have a relationship with Nicole is low, they are again setting Nicole up as the manipulating bitch to mock. If they had chosen a religion where he as a minister is allowed marriage it would have been fine. But as usual they think it's not a big deal, having a priest shirtless and in a sexual situation. Well sorry not all of us want to see this kind of story depicted, pick on another religion and see the out cry. If they truly wanted Eric and Nicole as a couple they shouldn't have made him a priest.
I could live with Nicole and a minister but am not looking forward to seeing Nicole rolling around the sheets with Eric,a former priest(assuming they atleast have the decency to have him leave the priesthood before they actually engage in romantic behavior).I was hoping there was a mistake ,Eric was not a priest.We have already seen Nicole being vilified by half of Salem as a scheming bitch using her feminine wiles to cause Dan to "throw away" his life by going away with her.I am not looking forward to seeing the trend continue with Nicole in the position of having Eric choosing her over dedicating his life to God and goodworks.I can just imagine Sami,Marlena,Roman,
Lucas,Hope,Jennifer,Abby,Kate,Victor,etc.weighing in on the huge mistake Eric is making. Maybe they are going to have Eric work his magic on Nicole who will choose to become a nun.

TinaJagger11
Member Avatar

Best line of this episode: "Ugh, why are these people in my phone?!?"

mandadawn
Member Avatar

Where in the show is this nipple kiss that everyone is talking about between WilSon??? It better not have been when Obama was talking. Can someone supply the link please??? Thank you!

Will&Sonny

mandadawn
Nov 16 2012, 11:05 PM
Where in the show is this nipple kiss that everyone is talking about between WilSon??? It better not have been when Obama was talking. Can someone supply the link please??? Thank you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxvyv8ZMy1A

At the 4:24 mark in the above video.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply