Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GH on TV Guide's "Hot List"
Topic Started: Nov 13 2012, 03:59 PM (1,449 Views)
dragonflies
Member Avatar

HOT AGAIN
GENERAL HOSPITAL

There's nothing like the threat of an ax to help get your priorities , straight.. After the depressing demise of AMC & OLTL it seemed like General Hospital, the network's last remaining soap, was also headed for doom. But a creative reboot has led to a major spike in ratings, and this venerable sudser-which turns 50 in April-is once again kicking ass. Credit the old guard, baby! GH's veteran cast, led by the divine, eternally hip Anthony Geary, and Jane Elliot, has been reenergized with such 80's and 90's favorites as Ian Buchanan, Finola Hughes & Robin Mattson-all of them pure gold.

By mining its rich past, GH is staking out a fabulous future.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

The show has been great lately. It's a nice mix of comedy, intrigue, and romance. Great classic soap storytelling.

NicoleLVR

And its very deserving every since RC/FV have taken over I'm can finally watch GH all the way through (minus Lante scenes)

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

The show is not that great & I'll never understand all the praise for that pompous hack Ron Carlivati. I'll never support a writer who berates & looks down upon the actual fans of the show he writes. And in public, on Twitter no less. I'll also never support a writer who glamorizes rape and makes a joke out of constantly.

Him & his writing are pathetic, overrated trash and I'd gladly take Guza's influence back on GH over his, in a heartbeat.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Well, I'm not exactly sure how Carlivati "glamorizes rape," or looks down on fans. From what I've seen, Carlivati is all about the fans. Giving the majority of them what they ask for, and have been asking for for years. If anything, I think Carlivati is one of the only writers that caters to soap fans, or at least tries to.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

I am loving the show right now. Especially the return of AJ and Anna being on the frontburner.

Excited for what's to come with some of the current stories and the Nurses Ball.

I could do without Kate/Connie though.

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

AllmyDaysatGh
Nov 13 2012, 08:32 PM
The show is not that great & I'll never understand all the praise for that pompous hack Ron Carlivati. I'll never support a writer who berates & looks down upon the actual fans of the show he writes. And in public, on Twitter no less. I'll also never support a writer who glamorizes rape and makes a joke out of constantly.

Him & his writing are pathetic, overrated trash and I'd gladly take Guza's influence back on GH over his, in a heartbeat.
I have some issues with Ron C's writing but I will never want Guza :flipoff: back. NEVER.

claudiamarie

I am loving all of the returns to GH. The show is on fire lately! One surprise after another!

dragonflies
Member Avatar

That mob loving overrated hack, the same hack that destroyed the Quartermaine's one by one and anyone who wasn't named Carly, Sonny, Jason or Sam got thrown under the bus.

Same here I'll never wish Guza back.

I have my issues with RC's writing in some aspects(the mockery he makes of DID), and how douchy he is on twitter, but overall he's doing what writers should be doing, giving fans what they want so they tune in, not giving them a reason to not want to watch

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

DrewHamilton
Nov 13 2012, 08:40 PM
Carlivati is all about the fans. Giving the majority of them what they ask for, and have been asking for for years.
EXCEPT a storyline for Elizabeth... :'(

KMan101
Member Avatar

I doubt it's intentional. The show has a lot going on and I think A) her storyline at the time died when Jason 'died' and B) she's now just lost in the shuffle with everything going on

BradyB

Agreed!!! It has really gotten GOOD lately. I wish DOOL writers and producers would take note on how to use the veteran characters!!!!

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Posted Image

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

KMan101
Nov 14 2012, 09:35 PM
I doubt it's intentional. The show has a lot going on and I think A) her storyline at the time died when Jason 'died' and B) she's now just lost in the shuffle with everything going on
I agree, but even that storyline "for" Liz wasn't one of her own. She was used as a side object for Jasam and their baby s/l. I want her to have a s/l of her own which hasn't happened since Jake's death.

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

Shick
Nov 14 2012, 09:58 PM
KMan101
I agree, but even that storyline "for" Liz wasn't one of her own. She was used as a side object for Jasam and their baby s/l. I want her to have a s/l of her own which hasn't happened since Jake's death.
She hasn't had a serious romantic partner since Lucky either. Ewen had potential IMO... I knew right off the bat that Liason wasn't a go, just angst for Jasam :rolleyes: ... So annoying :soapbox: She's better than that.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

CherishLuvsEJ
Nov 14 2012, 10:18 PM
Shick
Nov 14 2012, 09:58 PM
KMan101
She hasn't had a serious romantic partner since Lucky either. Ewen had potential IMO... I knew right off the bat that Liason wasn't a go, just angst for Jasam :rolleyes: ... So annoying :soapbox: She's better than that.
I didn't like Ewen. He was creepy, IMO. I wouldn't mind if Rick returned and he and Elizabeth got back together. Although Rick was shady, he loved her, and
he opened himself up to her totally.
Edited by bellajewel, Nov 14 2012, 10:45 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply