Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ABC Orders Pilot Set in the World of Faltering Daytime Soaps; Produced by ex-Soap Star Josh Duhame
Topic Started: Nov 13 2012, 04:37 PM (768 Views)
Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Josh Duhamel, Oliver Hudson, Mark Gordon Sell Soap Opera Drama to ABC

The Mark Gordon Co. is going full-steam ahead with a pair of soap opera-themed dramas set up at ABC and NBC.

At ABC, Transformers star Josh Duhamel is teaming with Gretchen J. Berg and Aaron Harberts for an untitled drama about a daytime soap opera that explores the loves, lives and lunacy at an on-the-bubble network soap opera, where the antics of the cast and crew are crazier than any plot lines they broadcast. Set when the TV genre is faltering, the larger-than-life workplace family fights a never-ending desperate battle to keep their show on the air, egos secure and relationships in tact.

Based on an original idea by Duhamel, who recurred as Leo on ABC's All My Children, the actor co-created the concept with Berg and Harberts (Revenge, GCB, Pushing Daisies, Wonderfalls) -- who will pen the script -- and executive produce alongside Mark Gordon Co. head of drama Nicholas Pepper and actor Oliver Hudson (Rules of Engagement, Dawson's Creek). Hudson and Duhamel may both appear on-screen should the project move forward, though not in a series regular capacity.

The project comes a year after Duhamel reprised his role on ABC's All My Children as the long-running soap marched toward its final episode. ABC in April 2011 opted to cancel both AMC and One Life to Live to make room for two younger-skewing lifestyle-oriented series in The Chew and The Revolution.

NBC, meanwhile, is adapting Amanda Stevens' novel The Graveyard Queen. The drama is described as a high-concept genre soap opera and revolves around a girl cursed at youth with the ability to see the dead, she works as a cemetery restorer who, at great risk to her physical and mental well-being, joins forces with a haunted homicide detective to solve a string of brutal murders in Charleston, S.C.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Interesting concept. So Soap as a TV show.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Both sound interesting. Hope they make it.

cajnej
Member Avatar

I like the idea. The movie SOAP with Sally Field, Kevin Kline and Robert Downey Jnr was a hoot, I wonder if these will be also.
Edited by cajnej, Nov 13 2012, 06:05 PM.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

What a welcoming surprise, hopefully what Duhamel is trying to accomplish here falls into place the thought of getting some semblance of (All My Children) puts a smile on my face.
I really do miss my soap damn that Prospect Park for getting my hopes up Yes I'm still bitter over that one.

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

I hope the show is made.

Nate
Member Avatar
Bitch!

Woohoo! This is great news!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply