Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jason47's Christmas in Salem Sneak Peeks; THU. 12/20 UPDATES
Topic Started: Nov 13 2012, 07:48 PM (67,701 Views)
concerned
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Nov 18 2012, 07:46 PM
From Jason's last update, it looks like everyone is on the Christmas Eve episode except for Abe, Billie, Cameron, Chad, Kate, Stefano and Theo. Am I missing someone?
I thought Stefano was going to be there in Santa Hat?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

annie21

Back to the child returning... the biggest clue is that the role is played by the real-life child of a Days actor who was on in the last decade. Since the choices are either Alexander, JJ or Joe, we know that the character is male. If he's Alexander, then he's older than Sonny. We saw the casting announcement for JJ (or whom we strongly suspect is JJ) to be mid-to-late teens. And unless Joe has been SORAS'd, he'd be around age 5 (?)

Okay, so which actor/actress on Days has a male child who could fit one of these age categories? If it is Joe, it would be kind of neat if one of either MBE's or SN's sons could be brought in to play him for what I'm assuming is a short-term appearance. I know they each have sons, but don't know their ages. Just a thought.

Meanwhile, JJ most likely will be formally cast using a professional actor, making it less likely (but not impossible) that he's a real-life Days offspring.

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Nov 18 2012, 07:45 PM
I don't know too many posters who are very attached to Dan and Jen as a couple. Even if they liked them the first time around, a lot of people have been turned off by Jennifer's failure to really mourn Jack and they think Dan and Jen's renewed relationship has unfolded far too quickly. It's not appealing...and Jennifer's behavior in particular has been tough to watch. She's been acting un-Jennifer like for more than a few weeks.

EXACTLY HOW I FEEL!

I like Dannifer, but Jennifer has been such a disappointment in her mourning of Jack and her behavior. Also, Daniel has been SO boring lately! I will ship this couple either way, but if they make Dannifer how they used to be, I will like them more.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Act 5: Intercut: Insert shot of ?: ? (?)

Jason I am interested to see who this is? So many strange question marks. Is it just one person or many flashbacks of the same person?

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Dannifer nude for x-mas.... is like Santa putting coal in my stocking, it's cold & unforgiving. TPTB fanhate. (new term)

concerned
Member Avatar

LonePirate
From Jason's last update, it looks like everyone is on the Christmas Eve episode except for Abe, Billie, Cameron, Chad, Kate, Stefano and Theo. Am I missing someone?
I am holding onto the hope that there is no confirmation of Rafe yet.

If I can't have baby Ejole for Xmas, a Rafeless Xmas is the next best thing.
Edited by concerned, Nov 18 2012, 10:57 PM.

Will&Sonny

I don't hate anyone on this show more than I hate E.J./James Scott -- not even Daniel and Jennifer (though Melissa Reeves's Chick-Fil-A comments dropped my opinion of her several notches, too).

That said, I've never cared for the pairing of Daniel and Jennifer. My biggest issue with them is the dialogue -- they're constantly babbling and talking over top of each other (in both 1.0 and 2.0 versions of their "romance"). It's extremely annoying. As individuals, Daniel and Jennifer simply aren't like that around other people; it only happens when they're together, so it has to be someone's conscious decision -- either the actors or the writers. Either way, I really want it to stop.

Kriss4

Stephen nichols has three kids. Two daughters, Vanessa and Dylan, and a son, Aaron. Aaron has been on Days lots of times, starting in 1987. Aaron played young Stevie Johnson in flashbacks to Steve's troubled childhood, which featured an abusive father. But Aaron is probably in his early thirties by now, much too old for joe.

Mary Beth has three children. She has two sons, Danny and Matthew. Danny was born in 1987, making him about 25. Matthew was born in 1992, I think, so he's twenty...both too old to play joe.

six
Member Avatar

annie21
Nov 18 2012, 08:14 PM
Back to the child returning... the biggest clue is that the role is played by the real-life child of a Days actor who was on in the last decade. Since the choices are either Alexander, JJ or Joe, we know that the character is male. If he's Alexander, then he's older than Sonny. We saw the casting announcement for JJ (or whom we strongly suspect is JJ) to be mid-to-late teens. And unless Joe has been SORAS'd, he'd be around age 5 (?)

Okay, so which actor/actress on Days has a male child who could fit one of these age categories? If it is Joe, it would be kind of neat if one of either MBE's or SN's sons could be brought in to play him for what I'm assuming is a short-term appearance. I know they each have sons, but don't know their ages. Just a thought.

Meanwhile, JJ most likely will be formally cast using a professional actor, making it less likely (but not impossible) that he's a real-life Days offspring.

Jason has narrowed the timeline down even further and said "The actor playing this role is the real-life son of someone who appeared on "Days" sometime between 2004 and 2005."

Does that include day players?

Will&Sonny

LonePirate
Stefano, Billie, Kate, Cameron, Chad, and Theo are shown on Jason47's site, but I'm not sure if they'll be on the Christmas Eve episode, the Christmas Day episode, or both. Abe will likely be there, if Theo is.

We only have 26 characters confirmed thus far (in the fill-in stuff from Christmas Eve, not counting the above actors I've mentioned who have not yet been added to the fill-in trivia), from my count. Jason47 has previously mentioned that there will be forty regular cast members on the shows, but I'm not completely sure if that's a total count across both episodes, or if it means that forty cast members will be shown in one episode. Probably the former, but I'm not positive.

Maxine and Anne are also listed on Jason47's site, but I'm not sure if they'd count as "regular" cast members (I wouldn't count them as such, anyway).

Abby and E.J. are also currently missing from the fill-in stuff, but they are shown on Jason47's site. As far as I can tell, the only ones who are missing from both are Rafe, Gabi, and Allie, but I'm probably forgetting some people.

If we count the 26 I mentioned above, plus everyone else I've listed except Theo, Maxine, Anne, and Allie (I can't see any of these people counting as "regulars", but again, I could be wrong), the count raises to 36 regular cast members.

annie21

six
Nov 18 2012, 09:13 PM
annie21
Nov 18 2012, 08:14 PM

Jason has narrowed the timeline down even further and said "The actor playing this role is the real-life son of someone who appeared on "Days" sometime between 2004 and 2005."

Does that include day players?
Thanks, six.

So, Jason, would we be able to readily recognize the actor's name? Or is it someone relatively obscure like the guy who played Tek during that time?

Edited by annie21, Nov 18 2012, 10:04 PM.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Nov 18 2012, 08:58 PM
Stephen nichols has three kids. Two daughters, Vanessa and Dylan, and a son, Aaron. Aaron has been on Days lots of times, starting in 1987. Aaron played young Stevie Johnson in flashbacks to Steve's troubled childhood, which featured an abusive father. But Aaron is probably in his early thirties by now, much too old for joe.

Mary Beth has three children. She has two sons, Danny and Matthew. Danny was born in 1987, making him about 25. Matthew was born in 1992, I think, so he's twenty...both too old to play joe.
Both Dee and Drake have sons and correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe they have appeared on Days. I know Dee's stepson made an appearance during the PTSD storyline during the Vets episode. He was really good too.

JerseyGirl59
Member Avatar

I've noticed that it says "Joe" not "Joey" so wondering if it is one of Justin's twins and not Kayla & Steve's son who will be on screen. Not sure WHY it would be him, or even Alexander...but Wayne Northrup's sons are close in age to those two characters. Wayne was on screen in 2005 as Alex North...
Edited by JerseyGirl59, Nov 18 2012, 10:14 PM.

JerseyGirl59
Member Avatar

I've noticed that it says "Joe" not "Joey" so wondering if it is one of Justin's twins and not Kayla & Steve's son who will be on screen. Not sure WHY it would be him, or even Alexander...but Wayne Northrup's sons are close in age to those two characters. Wayne was on screen in 2005 as Alex North... :shrug:
Edited by JerseyGirl59, Nov 18 2012, 10:10 PM.

esp13
Member Avatar

JerseyGirl59
Nov 18 2012, 10:08 PM
I've noticed that it says "Joe" not "Joey" so wondering if it is one of Justin's twins and not Kayla & Steve's son who will be on screen. Not sure WHY it would be him, or even Alexander...but Wayne Northrup's sons are close in age to those two characters. Wayne was on screen in 2005 as Alex North... :shrug:
Steve and Kayla's son's name is Joe. When he was born, they made a point of saying it was just Joe. Obviously, somewhere along the way, the writers/actors started calling him Joey (a natural thing to do with a small child), but his name is Joe.

JerseyGirl59
Member Avatar

esp13
Nov 18 2012, 10:13 PM
JerseyGirl59
Nov 18 2012, 10:08 PM
Steve and Kayla's son's name is Joe. When he was born, they made a point of saying it was just Joe. Obviously, somewhere along the way, the writers/actors started calling him Joey (a natural thing to do with a small child), but his name is Joe.
I know that was what they named him, but recently, they've been calling him Joey whenever they refer to him. I was just thinking maybe there was a reason why it said Joe and not Joey

Will&Sonny

I'm still leaning toward Joe over J.J. (I do expect J.J. to return to Salem soon, but I don't think that it will happen in time for Christmas), but...Melissa Reeves has a son who is 15-ish, and she was on Days during the time frame that Jason has mentioned. It's a long-shot guess, because I don't think that they'd cast her real-life son to play her on-screen son (it works when the character is young, but as a teen, I'm not as sold on the idea), but it does fit in with the clues that we've received thus far.

Matt Cedeno also fits, and has a child, but I can't find any references to that child's gender. Kyle Lowder and Arianne Zucker fit, but they only have a daughter.

I can't find any other actors who would fit, but I'm only going off of Wikipedia information at the moment, so I have no idea how accurate it is. Maybe it is Melissa's son. :shrug:

lumifan4life

Will&Sonny
Nov 18 2012, 10:35 PM
I'm still leaning toward Joe over J.J. (I do expect J.J. to return to Salem soon, but I don't think that it will happen in time for Christmas), but...Melissa Reeves has a son who is 15-ish, and she was on Days during the time frame that Jason has mentioned. It's a long-shot guess, because I don't think that they'd cast her real-life son to play her on-screen son (it works when the character is young, but as a teen, I'm not as sold on the idea), but it does fit in with the clues that we've received thus far.

Matt Cedeno also fits, and has a child, but I can't find any references to that child's gender. Kyle Lowder and Arianne Zucker fit, but they only have a daughter.

I can't find any other actors who would fit, but I'm only going off of Wikipedia information at the moment, so I have no idea how accurate it is. Maybe it is Melissa's son. :shrug:
There are more actors than you mentioned who have sons and they also appeared on Days in 2004/2005. But only few probably have sons that could play a teenage boy on the show right now.
Edited by lumifan4life, Nov 18 2012, 10:41 PM.

Will&Sonny

lumifan4life
Nov 18 2012, 10:40 PM
Will&Sonny
Nov 18 2012, 10:35 PM

There are many more actors than you mentioned who have sons and they also appeared on Days in 2004/2005. But only few probably have sons that could play a teenage boy on the show right now.
I probably should have clarified. Because I don't expect it to be J.J. (that doesn't mean that I'm right, but for the reasons I mentioned above -- mainly, that I don't expect J.J. to appear on-screen this quickly -- I'm still leaning toward Joe), I was specifically trying to find actors who have young children (sons, specifically) who could play Joe.

In doing so, I just happened to come across that tidbit of information about Melissa Reeves, and figured that I'd mention it.

Kriss4

If its joe, and he's not sorased, he'd be four or five. I really wonder who it could be who did some time on days and has a child the right age.

Of course if it's not joe, I still wonder, lol.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply