Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jason47's Christmas in Salem Sneak Peeks; THU. 12/20 UPDATES
Topic Started: Nov 13 2012, 07:48 PM (67,310 Views)
Helpless Romantic

gailwinters
Nov 21 2012, 07:25 AM
Vicky4Mimi
Nov 21 2012, 01:30 AM
Hopeless_Dreamer
Nov 20 2012, 06:35 PM
gailwinters
Nov 20 2012, 05:51 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I think camera shy was just being sarcastic. :shrug:
That's what I thought too--that's why I 'liked' her post. If ANYONE thought Rafe wouldn't be a part of Sami's life....then they can be suprised, but a lot of us knew it, expected it, and were looking forward to it. A Safe Christmas is always a good thing.
No surprise on my part.....I know that Rafe will be in Sami's orbit in some way for the foreseeable future, because the character really has no other story line, and because if Corday's "lock, stock, barrel" literally means they're writing an EJ and Sami story, Rafe will serve as the impediment to their eventual pairing.

What you described applies to EJ 100%. He is ALWAYS the angst to Sami's other relationships and not the other way around. As long as EJ is obsessive/ possessive and scheming which I don't see changing nor do I want it to because Elvis pretending to be "changed" feels forced and fake as hes not doing it because he wants to but because its the only way Sami gives him the time of day, and just makes him look pathetic. He will NEVER win over Sami's heart and she will always love others more than him. IMO there is a reason that EJ / Kristen are being written EXACTLY alike because ultimately they will lose. Rafe would rather step aside than force love onto Sami if he felt that she loved anyone else and therein is the difference, Rafe and Lucas want her to be happy even if not with them while EJ wants her at all costs and that is not a show of love but control. For the same reasons Sami never truly got Austin are the same Elvis wont Sami in the long run because bottom line I don't see EJAMI or more to the point EJ ever being written as not lying and scheming to get and keep her. Due to this reason all will continue blowing up in his face but because I'm tierd of that same old shit is why I'm not watching though I do love that SAFE will have scenes xmas eve.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Nov 21 2012, 07:40 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Rafe is in almost the same situation as Nicole. Their SLs are limited to just one or two characters right now. At least Rafe has the Gabi drama, Nicole has squat!

Helpless Romantic

Dreamer
Nov 21 2012, 11:01 AM
Rafe is in almost the same situation as Nicole. Their SLs are limited to just one or two characters right now. At least Rafe has the Gabi drama, Nicole has squat!
Nicole has the rekindling romance with Father Eric going on and of course the role of punching bag to Bitchifer :(
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Nov 21 2012, 11:07 AM.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Vicky4Mimi
Hopeless_Dreamer
gailwinters
Nov 20 2012, 05:51 PM

I think camera shy was just being sarcastic. :shrug:
That's what I thought too--that's why I 'liked' her post. If ANYONE thought Rafe wouldn't be a part of Sami's life....then they can be suprised, but a lot of us knew it, expected it, and were looking forward to it. A Safe Christmas is always a good thing.
No surprise on my part.....I know that Rafe will be in Sami's orbit in some way for the foreseeable future, because the character really has no other story line, and because if Corday's "lock, stock, barrel" literally means they're writing an EJ and Sami story, Rafe will serve as the impediment to their eventual pairing.

What I don't get about the whole "GG golf tourney info" is how he is allowed to give info on what does or does not happen in OTHER characters storylines. Especially when everyone else is so tight lipped.

Seems like that's info tptb wouldn't want shared regardless of whatever way the storyline is going. One would think he would take pause before blurting out storyline at a golf tourney...but who knows.

Helpless Romantic

SoapGal1
Nov 21 2012, 11:13 AM
gailwinters
Vicky4Mimi
Hopeless_Dreamer

What I don't get about the whole "GG golf tourney info" is how he is allowed to give info on what does or does not happen in OTHER characters storylines. Especially when everyone else is so tight lipped.

Seems like that's info tptb wouldn't want shared regardless of whatever way the storyline is going. One would think he would take pause before blurting out storyline at a golf tourney...but who knows.
I don't see what the big deal is? JS does the same and every other actor. In fact I remember reading once it was said that he knows his SL three months in advance and while actors don't outright give spoiler info away they do give hope to their fans to keep us all watching and then from what I've seen depending on who the actor is their fanbase gets excited because of spoiler info or tidbits they recieve. I guess we will see in a few months but the SL with Sami is still very much his SL because none of her men ever leave her orbit.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Nov 21 2012, 11:23 AM.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Helpless Romantic
Nov 21 2012, 10:55 AM
gailwinters
Vicky4Mimi
Hopeless_Dreamer

What you described applies to EJ 100%. He is ALWAYS the angst to Sami's other relationships and not the other way around. As long as EJ is obsessive/ possessive and scheming which I don't see changing nor do I want it to because Elvis pretending to be "changed" feels forced and fake as hes not doing it because he wants to but because its the only way Sami gives him the time of day, and just makes him look pathetic. He will NEVER win over Sami's heart and she will always love others more than him. IMO there is a reason that EJ / Kristen are being written EXACTLY alike because ultimately they will lose. Rafe would rather step aside than force love onto Sami if he felt that she loved anyone else and therein is the difference, Rafe and Lucas want her to be happy even if not with them while EJ wants her at all costs and that is not a show of love. For the same reasons Sami never truly got Austin are the same Elvis wont Sami in the long run because bottom line I don't see EJAMI or more to the point EJ ever being written as not lying and scheming to get and keep her. Due to this reason all will continue blowing up in his face but because I'm tierd of that same old shit is why I'm not watching though I do love that SAFE will have scenes xmas eve.
As I said, IF Corday's "lock, stock, barrel" EJami story plays out, Rafe will be a sticking point in one way or the other. That's a given. Everything else is subject to the whims of the writers. Perhaps they will decide to take a fresh angle!

Helpless Romantic

gailwinters
Nov 21 2012, 11:29 AM
Helpless Romantic
gailwinters
Vicky4Mimi

What you described applies to EJ 100%. He is ALWAYS the angst to Sami's other relationships and not the other way around. As long as EJ is obsessive/ possessive and scheming which I don't see changing nor do I want it to because Elvis pretending to be "changed" feels forced and fake as hes not doing it because he wants to but because its the only way Sami gives him the time of day, and just makes him look pathetic. He will NEVER win over Sami's heart and she will always love others more than him. IMO there is a reason that EJ / Kristen are being written EXACTLY alike because ultimately they will lose. Rafe would rather step aside than force love onto Sami if he felt that she loved anyone else and therein is the difference, Rafe and Lucas want her to be happy even if not with them while EJ wants her at all costs and that is not a show of love. For the same reasons Sami never truly got Austin are the same Elvis wont Sami in the long run because bottom line I don't see EJAMI or more to the point EJ ever being written as not lying and scheming to get and keep her. Due to this reason all will continue blowing up in his face but because I'm tierd of that same old shit is why I'm not watching though I do love that SAFE will have scenes xmas eve.
As I said, IF Corday's "lock, stock, barrel" EJami story plays out, Rafe will be a sticking point in one way or the other. That's a given. Everything else is subject to the whims of the writers. Perhaps they will decide to take a fresh angle!

No it isn't and Corday was very unclear on what that all means which will all end up being a whole lot of nothing. My point is again that even if they go there and he "gets her" that just like with Saustin it wont last because they always write them as EJ having some lie or way he manipulated her to be with him which she gets pissed about and thats what I don't see changing and why any true "relationship" will backfire on EJ. If Rafe was supposed to be a thorn he would be the one scheming and not EJ with Kristen to "get closer" to Sami. If he was so secure in her love for him he wouldn't need to do that but he isn't so he will continue to scheme to hold onto her like Sami did Austin which ultimately backfired on her like it will EJ
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Nov 21 2012, 12:14 PM.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Helpless Romantic
Nov 21 2012, 11:19 AM
SoapGal1
gailwinters
Vicky4Mimi

I don't see what the big deal is? JS does the same and every other actor. In fact I remember reading once it was said that he knows his SL three months in advance and while actors don't outright give spoiler info away they do give hope to their fans to keep us all watching and then from what I've seen depending on who the actor is their fanbase gets excited because of spoiler info or tidbits they recieve. I guess we will see in a few months but the SL with Sami is still very much his SL because none of her men ever leave her orbit.
I think the big deal, at least for me, is we have conflicting info coming from different sources. Add to that, people keep reposting what GG supposedly said at this golf tourney as if it is a spoiler.

And yes, I've heard of other actors giving away spoilers for their storylines, but I'm not sure I've ever heard of them giving away spoilers that have to do with two other actors. I get he's still in the storyline but that's kind of blowing the whole deal if he's suppose to be telling you what does or doesn't happen & how it ends. And I can't see how tptb would be happy about that. Especially when you've got KC coming out to SOD with his "lock, stock, & barrel" comment. If GG said that, he may be right on the money, but, my point is I don't think tptb would approve when obviously they're trying to sell a different angle right now.

I'm just taking it all with a grain of salt.

Helpless Romantic

SoapGal1
Nov 21 2012, 11:36 AM
Helpless Romantic
SoapGal1
gailwinters

I think the big deal, at least for me, is we have conflicting info coming from different sources. Add to that, people keep reposting what GG supposedly said at this golf tourney as if it is a spoiler.

And yes, I've heard of other actors giving away spoilers for their storylines, but I'm not sure I've ever heard of them giving away spoilers that have to do with two other actors. I get he's still in the storyline but that's kind of blowing the whole deal if he's suppose to be telling you what does or doesn't happen & how it ends. And I can't see how tptb would be happy about that. Especially when you've got KC coming out to SOD with his "lock, stock, & barrel" comment. If GG said that, he may be right on the money, but, my point is I don't think tptb would approve when obviously they're trying to sell a different angle right now.

Like I said we will see but whenever a fan groups fave actor says something I think its fair to say that we are all guilty of taking what they say as truth especially if it involves our favourite couples/ characters but its all a gimick the actors use to keep us watching and hoping. I do agree though that I personally take what anyone says with a grain of salt especially KC who has talked out of both sides of his mouth for far too long but in part its the actors job to also promote the show and get us talking which I find is often times more interesting than the show itself. LOL.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Nov 21 2012, 11:48 AM.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Helpless Romantic
Nov 21 2012, 11:35 AM
gailwinters
Nov 21 2012, 11:29 AM
Helpless Romantic
gailwinters

No it isn't and Corday was very unclear on what that all means which will all end up being a whole lot of nothing. My point is again that even if they go there and he "gets her" that just like with Saustin it wont last because they always write them as EJ having some lie or way he manipulated her to be with him which she gets pissed about and thats what I don't see changing and why any true "relationship" will backfire on EJ. If Rafe was supposed to be a thorn he would be the one schening and not EJ with Kristen to "get closer" to Sami. If he was so secure in her love for him he wouldn't need to do that but he isn't so he will continue to scheme to hold onto her like Sami did Austin which ultimately backfired on her like it will EJ
Just to clarify.....I think it's a given that Rafe will be involved in whatever story EJami may get. I did NOT mean that "lock stock barrel" is a given; that's why I said "IF". I have nothing to base future story line expectations on, other than what TPTB have said.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Helpless Romantic
SoapGal1
gailwinters

Context is everything, but honestly, what did GG really say? Granted, I wasn't there, and I've seen various reports floating around, but it seems to be the general consensus now that he said "there'll be some good, some bad, but everything will work out in the end". That's about as generic as you can get. Almost any actor could say the same thing about their story line.

Oh, and he also said "EJami won't have sex"......did he mean in the next three days, three months, three years, or ever? Again, context is everything.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

gailwinters
Nov 21 2012, 11:54 AM
SoapGal1
Helpless Romantic
SoapGal1

Context is everything, but honestly, what did GG really say? Granted, I wasn't there, and I've seen various reports floating around, but it seems to be the general consensus now that he said "there'll be some good, some bad, but everything will work out in the end". That's about as generic as you can get. Almost any actor could say the same thing about their story line.

Oh, and he also said "EJami won't have sex"......did he mean in the next three days, three months, three years, or ever? Again, context is everything.

I agree. What it really comes down to is the fans that come back from events or chats and 'share' what the actors say - even going so far as to embellish or assume that because of who they were talking to they must have meant (fill in the blank). I'm not saying that's what anyone has done with these latest reports of GG's comments but we've all seen it in the past from a multitude of fan bases.

My personal favorite is when someone reports back what an actor supposedly told them in great detail but then covers their ass by claiming if it doesn't play out that way the actor must be a liar. :laugh:

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

SoapGal1
Helpless Romantic
SoapGal1
gailwinters

GG has done it before though...spoiling that Ejami wouldn't sleep together in 2010, and he spoiled that Cafe wouldn't be sleeping together when it seemed at least on screen at the time that it might very well take place. I think it's pretty clear that GG can and will spoil story lines and he's been pretty accurate thus far. TPTB don't seem to care that these actors spill anything.....particularly him, it's like they are 'telling' him to do it....or he just wanted to reassure his fans to 'hold on'...who knows

Here is what I think about this entire scenario--

His fans approach him and ask him the question. Likely, "Do Safe get back together?" He says that "there is some good, some bad but it would all work out in the end". Fans come back particularly to get more info on the 'some bad' comment...with, "Do Ejami sleep together" and he says, "No"

...now....maybe he was talking about what had already been filmed up to the point of the gold outing, and if this exchange happened about a month ago then maybe at the time he said this Ejami hadn't slept together yet. So he's accurate. However, I also know that the actors have said that they really don't know much about future storyline, specifically when there is a drama filled event that might turn the course of the story. They pretty much find out the stuff a few days before they film it. I bet that at the time he said this to his fans, Ejami hadn't slept together yet, but by now they very well might have done it. Putting your lock,stock and barrel in something said by an actor can be as good as putting your faith on a previous writing regime that was 'good to your character/couple of preference'....I learned that with Dena, I'm never making that shitty mistake again.....Prepare for the worse and hope for the best is my motto, lol.

Jason47
Member Avatar

WEDNESDAY 11/21 UPDATE:

Christmas Eve Info:

TEASER ACT:
T-A: Horton Living Room/Foyer/Ext. (Jennifer, Doug, Julie)
T-B: Horton Town Square (Kristen, EJ, Brady, Nicole, Xs)
T-C: Kiriakis Mansion/Foyer/Ext. (Maggie, Victor, Daniel, ?)
T-D: Horton Living Room (Jennifer, Doug, Julie, Nick)
T-E: St. Luke's Church (Eric, Marlena, Roman)
T-F: ? (Hope, Ciara)
T-G: Coffee House (Sonny, Will, Justin, Adrienne, Xs)
T-H: Brady Pub (Sami, Rafe, Johnny, Sydney)
FLASHCUTS # 11986-7-C (OAD: 12/21/12)

ACT ONE:
1-A: Horton Living Room (Jennifer, Doug, Julie, Nick)
1-B: Kiriakis Mansion/Foyer (Maggie, Victor, Daniel, ?, Justin, Adrienne, Sonny, Will)
1-C: Brady Pub (Sami, Rafe, Gabi, Johnny, Sydney)
1-D: Horton Town Square (Kristen, EJ, Brady, ?, Xs)

ACT TWO:
2-A: St. Luke's Church (Eric, Marlena, Roman)
2-B: Horton Living Room/Foyer (Jennifer, Doug, Julie, Nick, Lucas, Allie)
2-C: Horton Living Room (?)
Intercut: ? (?, ?)
2-D: Kiriakis Mansion (Maggie, Victor, Daniel, Justin, Adrienne, Sonny, Will)
2-E: Horton Town Square (Kristen, EJ, Brady, Nicole, Xs)
2-F: Brady Pub (Sami, Rafe, ?, Johnny, Sydney)

ACT THREE:
3-A: Kiriakis Mansion (Maggie, Victor, Daniel, Justin, Adrienne, Sonny, Will, Brady)
3-B: Horton Town Square (Kristen, EJ, Nicole, Xs)
3-C: Horton Living Room (Jennifer, Doug, Julie, Nick, Lucas, Abigail, ?, ?, Allie)
3-D: Brady Pub (Caroline, Sami, EJ, Kristen, Kayla, Marlena, John, Roman, Joey, Johnny, Sydney)

ACT FOUR:
4-A: Kiriakis Mansion Foyer (Daniel, ?)
4-B: Horton Living Room/Foyer (Jennifer, Doug, Julie, Nick, Lucas, Abigail, ?, ?, Maggie, Victor, ?, ?, Allie)
FLASHBACK # 11985-7-C (OAD: 12/20/12)
4-C: Horton Town Square: Outdoor Cafe (Kristen, ?, Xs)
4-D: St. Luke's Church (Eric, Nicole)

ACT FIVE:
5-A: St. Luke's Church (Eric, Nicole)
5-B: Horton Town Square: Outdoor Cafe (Kristen, ?, Xs)
Intercut: Insert shot of photograph
FLASHBACK # 11986-2-D (OAD: 12/21/12)
5-C: Horton Living Room (Jennifer, Doug, Julie, Nick, Lucas, Abigail, ?, ?, Maggie, Victor, ?, ?, Allie)
Intercut: Insert shot of ?: ? (?)
HORTON ORNAMENTS ARE ADDED TO TREE

ACT SIX:
6-A: Horton Town Square: Outdoor Cafe (Kristen, ?, Xs)
6-B: Horton Town Square: Private Area (?)
Intercut: Insert Shot of ?'s Phone: Video: ? (?, ?)
6-C: Brady Pub (Caroline, ?, Kayla, Marlena, John, Roman, Joey, Johnny, Sydney)
6-D: Kiriakis Mansion/Foyer (?, Justin, Adrienne)
FLASHBACK # 11982-7-A (OAD: 12/17/12)
6-E: ? (?, ?)
Intercut: Insert Shot of ?'s Phone with ?
6-F: ? (?)
Intercut: Insert Shot of ?'s Phone with ?
6-G: ? (?)

ACT SEVEN:
7-A: ? (?, ?)
7-B: St. Luke's Church (Marlena, John, Roman, Caroline, Kayla, ?, ?, Xs)
7-C: ? (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, Xs)
7-D: St. Luke's Church (Marlena, John, Roman, Caroline, Kayla, ?, ?, Justin, Adrienne, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, Xs)
7-E: ? (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, Xs)
7-F: St. Luke's Church (Marlena, John, Roman, Caroline, Kayla, ?, ?, Justin, Adrienne, ?, Brady, ?, ?, ?, ?, Sami, ?, ?, ?, Gabi, ?, Rafe, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ? Xs)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!! NEXT UPDATE WILL BE FRIDAY OR SATURDAY!!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Minus the glaring absence of Bo, this looks to be like a perfect Christmas Eve episode with the characters being featured. Love seeing so much of Kayla, Adrienne, and Justin.

deletemyaccountplease

Ejoooole

LonePirate
Member Avatar

It looks like the entire current cast (except Billie?) is in that last scene at St. Luke's. Since it is Christmas Eve, I suspect the scene will celebrate a positive message like family even thought would be the perfect time for a gunman or bomb to thin the herd in a truly epic cliffhanger.

annie21

Speaking of Bo, it's not clear that Hope and Ciara are seen beyond the opening. There are still some slots open at the Horton house, but not many left at the Brady pub for both of them. Does that mean they're getting on a plane to go visit him? Or maybe they're bundling up to go visit him outside at the mailbox. :shrug:

annie21

LonePirate
Nov 21 2012, 02:37 PM
It looks like the entire current cast (except Billie?) is in that last scene at St. Luke's. Since it is Christmas Eve, I suspect the scene will celebrate a positive message like family even thought would be the perfect time for a gunman or bomb to thin the herd in a truly epic cliffhanger.
Days-aster, the Christmas Edition

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Nov 21 2012, 12:11 PM
gailwinters
Nov 21 2012, 11:54 AM
SoapGal1
Helpless Romantic

I agree. What it really comes down to is the fans that come back from events or chats and 'share' what the actors say - even going so far as to embellish or assume that because of who they were talking to they must have meant (fill in the blank). I'm not saying that's what anyone has done with these latest reports of GG's comments but we've all seen it in the past from a multitude of fan bases.

My personal favorite is when someone reports back what an actor supposedly told them in great detail but then covers their ass by claiming if it doesn't play out that way the actor must be a liar. :laugh:
Lets see, GG babbling on a fanevent a few standard phrases, and KC gives an interview where he says lock, stock, barrel with EJami! Personally, I don't think KC would choose those words if it's same old crap as always! :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply