Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday's "Days" locally preempted 1:30-2:30 ET for East/Central
Topic Started: Nov 14 2012, 02:33 AM (1,324 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

1:30PM ET start time for President Obama's Press Conference later today. NBC News will be airing live coverage. The "Days" East/Central affiliates will of course be impacted. Some affiliates may choose to air first half of "Days" and then preempt second half. Others might re-air episode in entirety overnight or in a later time slot. Mountain/Pacific time zones should not be affected. Things could change based on when NBC News signs on for coverage. Usually if 35 minutes of "Days" is preempted, then it becomes a national preemption. If NBC News takes over the feed by 1:25PM, then expect "Days" to be nationally preempted. More news to follow later today...

**UPDATE FOR "DAYS" FANS IN EASTERN & CENTRAL TIME ZONES**
**REGARDING WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 14 EPISODE**

President Obama's News Conference aired from 1:30 to 2:30 ET today...
Many local affiliates were affected in Eastern & Central time zones...
Make sure you check with your local affiliates if they will be re-airing "Days" later today or overnight.
As alternatives, you can watch the entire episode on SoapNet at 8PM & 11PM ET or watch it tomorrow on nbc.com or hulu.com.
This is not a national preemption.
Edited by Jason47, Nov 14 2012, 02:38 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Damn. This probably means no classic episode the day after Thanksgiving.

DocandJohn4ever
Member Avatar

well this sucks :( I hope it doesn't get preempted nationally I really want to see that classic episode... I really wish the President would schedule his press conferences for later on in the day when people are actually home to see them.. most people work during the day so it's not like they're going to be home to watch it anyways

Will&Sonny

It sucks that it has to happen at all, but it is especially annoying that it has to happen on such a significant day in Will and Sonny's storyline. I really wanted to see accurate ratings for this episode.

While I realize that it won't happen, I'd love to see NBC refuse to air the press conference. I can't think of a stronger sign of support for the storyline than that (not that I don't think that NBC has already shown a lot of support for the storyline). (There is precedent; Fox has refused to air coverage of at least one Presidential speech in primetime because it would have affected one of their hit shows -- American Idol, I think. Of course, Fox also doesn't like Obama, so there's that. But seriously, it's not like NBC doesn't have a twenty-four hour news channel that exists solely to cover things like this.)

KathyB16
Member Avatar

Thanks for keeping us updated Jason.

You're the best :)

I'm sure you'll let us know later today if Wed show is now Thurs ;)

Jason47
Member Avatar

KathyB16
Nov 14 2012, 11:59 AM
Thanks for keeping us updated Jason.

You're the best :)

I'm sure you'll let us know later today if Wed show is now Thurs ;)
NBC still hasn't updated its listings. ABC announced its coverage would start around 1:30. Thought we would have heard by now, but no news yet to report.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Jason47
Nov 14 2012, 02:33 AM
Usually if 35 minutes of "Days" is preempted, then it becomes a national preemption. If NBC News takes over the feed by 1:25PM, then expect "Days" to be nationally preempted. More news to follow later today...
NBC didn't break in until 1:32 PM.

Does that mean there won't be a national preemption or has that yet to be decided?

Jason47
Member Avatar

Kenny
Nov 14 2012, 01:54 PM
Jason47
Nov 14 2012, 02:33 AM
Usually if 35 minutes of "Days" is preempted, then it becomes a national preemption. If NBC News takes over the feed by 1:25PM, then expect "Days" to be nationally preempted. More news to follow later today...
NBC didn't break in until 1:32 PM.

Does that mean there won't be a national preemption or has that yet to be decided?
No national preemption, just local for East/Central time zones.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Kenny
Nov 14 2012, 02:47 AM
Damn. This probably means no classic episode the day after Thanksgiving.
The 1:30 start time actually helped (keep the classic episode airing 11/23). If the news conference started at 1PM and went past 1:35, then it would have been a national preemption. Since it was only 28 minutes on East Coast, this should keep the 1997 repeat on target for 11/23.

King
Member Avatar

Ugh, yeah, cut out the last half.

It was a great episode too.

Gays of our Lives was HOT!

Jason47
Member Avatar

**UPDATE FOR "DAYS" FANS IN EASTERN & CENTRAL TIME ZONES**
**REGARDING WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 14 EPISODE**

President Obama's News Conference aired from 1:30 to 2:30 ET today...
Many local affiliates were affected in Eastern & Central time zones...
Make sure you check with your local affiliates if they will be re-airing "Days" later today or overnight.
As alternatives, you can watch the entire episode on SoapNet at 8PM & 11PM ET or watch it tomorrow on nbc.com or hulu.com.
This is not a national preemption.

King
Member Avatar

Thanks, jason!

blueskies
Member Avatar

Yay, that means retro Days eppi!!! :)

JoeBucs32

In Chicago, they only aired the second 30 minutes -- we missed WilSon together!! :(

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply