Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, November 15th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 14 2012, 02:33 PM (7,320 Views)
Helpless Romantic

lumifan4life
Nov 14 2012, 07:41 PM
Oh and I totally FFwarded the beginning of that WilSon scene because Sonny doesn't know Gabi's pregnant. I thought that's what he meant when he said "that's her problem". But still think it might be some foreshadowing as to him not being exactly thrilled when the entire truth comes out, lol.
That's to be expected I don't think anyone will be but I am glad Will is taking everything in stride. :wub: Though Wilson were not officially together when Wabi slept together so I don't think Sonny will be that bothered by it unless the PTB over dramatize it for the sake of drama. LOL.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Nov 14 2012, 08:42 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Helpless Romantic
Nov 14 2012, 08:39 PM
Though Wilson were not officially together when Wabi slept together so I don't think Sonny will be that bothered by it unless the PTB over dramatize it for the sake of drama.
Sonny doesn't have much room to maneuver over the actual fact that Will and Gabi had sex. He could make a small and flimsy case since they had fought before that event; but that's it. The real tension will come if Will starts lying - even lying by omission - about the baby's paternity from this moment forward. Will questioned Sonny's past knowing that he had his own skeletons he would prefer not be unearthed. That will probably bite Will in the ass as much as the possible lying.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

^^ I have no doubt Will will lie about it, since having a lie between WilSon and Nabi is presumably the whole point of the pregnancy.

annie21

Dreamer
Nov 14 2012, 07:51 PM
Daysdegrassi
Nov 14 2012, 06:52 PM
LanaluvsBroe
Nov 14 2012, 06:46 PM
Can Maggie ever mind her own damn business? She's been pushing Daniel into Jennifer's panties since the day after Jack died. I'm so ready for her to go spend some quality time with Melanie.
IKR! They way she was pimping Jennifer to Daniel when he was Nicole was COMPLETELY out of character! Also, Dannifer are SO rushed! They'll be making love on Thanksgiving night, and on Horton Christmas, he'll put a ring on her ornament! Watch them marry by Valentine's Day! LOL

In today's, epi... Dan brings up Jack's name again. WTF is up with that? Dan is haunted and has more grief about Jack, than Jen has. Something is odd about to killing off a character that the TPTB didn't want to write for and then make him more prominent on screen in his death, to force a pairing that most hate. Jack is talked about more now than ever before and is seen at least 3x a week, via his photos pics, which all I can say, is very creepy and strange b/c it's a hell of a lot more, than we ever heard or saw of him, when he was actually on canvas. :shrug:
You're right, and I'm just going to come out and say that I'm sick of it! I am tired of Jack's name and image being brought up almost every single day.

Yes, I know that sounds contradictory, since I was one of the ones calling for some kind of decent mourning period for him. But this isn't it, folks. We get almost daily scenes of someone somewhere mentioning Jack or fondling his photograph, but it's all being done not to have his loved ones actually mourn and remember him but rather to further the Dannifer reunion. It's almost exactly what Higley/TomSell did in 2010 when they kept referring to Jack's absence as a way to put Dannifer together in the first place. Enough already!

I would like to call for a moratorium on having any mention of Jack under this writing regime ever. Heck, let the town of Salem have collective amnesia and forget Jack existed. Isn't that what they usually do when a character is offscreen/presumed dead? Carrie has only been mentioned once since she left town (when Rafe confessed to Sami). Austin not at all. And people have talked about Brady's "soulmate,' but we haven't heard Madison mentioned by name. Lexie is rarely if ever mentioned -- and only by Abe himself in fond remembrance.

Ugh, I hate, hate, hate how Jack's name and image are being used. It IS creepy and strange -- almost up there with Tom's Floating Head. That was disgusting, but at least he was only mostly seen by Alice who remembered him fondly. Jack's family is NOT mourning him or remembering him fondly. So please, Days, stop trying to pretend that they are.

Edited by annie21, Nov 14 2012, 09:28 PM.

Dany_E

annie21
Nov 14 2012, 09:24 PM
Dreamer
Nov 14 2012, 07:51 PM
Daysdegrassi
Nov 14 2012, 06:52 PM
LanaluvsBroe
Nov 14 2012, 06:46 PM
Can Maggie ever mind her own damn business? She's been pushing Daniel into Jennifer's panties since the day after Jack died. I'm so ready for her to go spend some quality time with Melanie.
IKR! They way she was pimping Jennifer to Daniel when he was Nicole was COMPLETELY out of character! Also, Dannifer are SO rushed! They'll be making love on Thanksgiving night, and on Horton Christmas, he'll put a ring on her ornament! Watch them marry by Valentine's Day! LOL

In today's, epi... Dan brings up Jack's name again. WTF is up with that? Dan is haunted and has more grief about Jack, than Jen has. Something is odd about to killing off a character that the TPTB didn't want to write for and then make him more prominent on screen in his death, to force a pairing that most hate. Jack is talked about more now than ever before and is seen at least 3x a week, via his photos pics, which all I can say, is very creepy and strange b/c it's a hell of a lot more, than we ever heard or saw of him, when he was actually on canvas. :shrug:
You're right, and I'm just going to come out and say that I'm sick of it! I am tired of Jack's name and image being brought up almost every single day.

Yes, I know that sounds contradictory, since I was one of the ones calling for some kind of decent mourning period for him. But this isn't it, folks. We get almost daily scenes of someone somewhere mentioning Jack or fondling his photograph, but it's all being done not to have his loved ones actually mourn and remember him but rather to further the Dannifer reunion. It's almost exactly what Higley/TomSell did in 2010 when they kept referring to Jack's absence as a way to put Dannifer together in the first place. Enough already!

I would like to call for a moratorium on having any mention of Jack under this writing regime ever. Heck, let the town of Salem have collective amnesia and forget Jack existed. Isn't that what they usually do when a character is offscreen/presumed dead? Carrie has only been mentioned once since she left town (when Rafe confessed to Sami). Austin not at all. And people have talked about Brady's "soulmate,' but we haven't heard Madison mentioned by name. Lexie is rarely if ever mentioned -- and only by Abe himself in fond remembrance.

Ugh, I hate, hate, hate how Jack's name and image are being used. It IS creepy and strange -- almost up there with Tom's Floating Head. That was disgusting, but at least he was only mostly seen by Alice who remembered him fondly. Jack's family is NOT mourning him or remembering him fondly. So please, Days, stop trying to pretend that they are.

I know what you mean. Jack's being used as some kind of obstacle to Dannifer. Watch them fight their feelings because it's not right to move on so quickly after Jack! Just like Maggie had to fight her feelings for Victor - except Mickey died years before Maggie even thought of hooking up with Victor. Dudes, it's been like 2 months since Jack was squished into a pancake in the sub-basement! I just... :soapbox:

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

^ Madison's name was brought up two or three times in convo with Brady in the last while, by him or someone else. Brady is getting over her in own way... nobody else really knew her and he is not fondling her pic in front of our face.

LOL, the writers refused to write a story about Jack, but can't seem to stop talking about him. Part of me loves it and the other part hates it. Talk about suckering a dead character's fanbase. :redface:

Edited by Dreamer, Nov 14 2012, 10:05 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

concerned
Nov 14 2012, 07:19 PM
Please don't let Eric be another Rafe.
I don't need another of my favourite characters turned into a sad diminished version of their former selves.
This is TomSell who's writing, to expect any depth for any character would be to expect too much. :shame:
Quote Post Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Having watched the preview, I gotta say I am loving the new Eric. Definitely sense some chemistry between him and Nicole. But then Ari has chemistry with everyone. :wub:

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Dreamer
Nov 14 2012, 09:54 PM
^ Madison's name was brought up two or three times in convo with Brady in the last while, by him or someone else. Brady is getting over her in own way... nobody else really knew her and he is not fondling her pic in front of our face.

LOL, the writers refused to write a story about Jack, but can't seem to stop talking about him. Part of me loves it and the other part hates it. Talk about suckering a dead character's fanbase. :redface:

Jack's name has been mentioned far more than Madison's. And everytime Jennifer has a scene in the Horton living room they make sure to flash his photo in the background. If it were anyone but Tomlin writing I would think it was a clue that we hadn't seen the last of Jack.

annie21

Dreamer
Nov 14 2012, 09:54 PM

Dreamer, you may be right. I don't follow all of Brady's stuff that closely. But in recent convos with Maggie and Jennifer, his recent loss was referred to in vague terms such as "she" or his "soulmate" but the actual name of Madison was not uttered by either side. I noted it at the time because it occurred to me to think TomSell want to eradicate all of MarDar's creations (e.g., Madison, Ian, Nicole's baby).

And LLB, it has occurrred to me that the story seems to be open to a Jack return, but like you, I doubt it will happen on Tomlin's watch unless he gets pressure from above.

Anyway, it looks llike they're setting up to cure Dr. Dan's shaky hands (another MarDar invention) and move him back into surgery. I'm ready for him to stop fondling Jack's photo while the writers try to inject some sort of belated integrity into his character. They're trying to make him sound heroic in giving Jennifer some room to mourn, but there are two glaring problems with that: (1) it can just as easily be seen as Daniel's ego isn't thrilled at the notion of competing with a dead guy's memory; and (2) Jennifer is not mourning -- not that we can see anyway.

esp13
Member Avatar

I don't really think the Daniel/Jen stuff is moving too fast. I could buy that if Jennifer and Daniel had not had a relationship prior to Jack's return. And I might even buy it if there had been a real break-up between Jennifer and Daniel when Jack did return. But there wasn't. However much people might hate it, it was written in a particular way -- namely that Daniel backed off and Jen decided to make things work with Jack. But it was never written that Jennifer stopped caring about Daniel or that he stopped caring about her.

So, now that Jack is gone, it's not surprising that the feelings are still there between Jennifer and Daniel. I understand people wanting to see Jen mourn Jack more, but he's already died several times, so it's not surprising to me that she can move through the grief quicker than most. And I don't think it's unreasonable that the people who know her best understand both of those things.

None of which is to say that they are a well-written or popular couple. Only that I don't find the whole thing that unbelievable.

samixxx
Member Avatar

I'm interested in Gaby/Will/Sonny story and how it affects them along with Lucas, Sami and Rafe.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

You makes some really good points in your posts. Except when you write, but he's already died several times, so it's not surprising to me that she can move through the grief quicker than most. Yikes, that scares me.

In reality ppl don't lose the same person 3 times to death, so IMO each time to me would be the same. Grief is grief. I would have wanted one, just one heart-felt grief scene from the real Jennifer Horton to show me that she at least cared about this man who loved her for the last 20 years of her life.

I never bought that she really loved Jack this go and I had no doubt that her feelings for Daniel weren't too far away her heart & soul. It would have worked wonders to have Jennifer do one believable grieving scene to provide real closure to that part of her life, a life with Jack, whether is was lackluster or trivial or baseless or useless...normal ppl don't just up and feel nothing. Jennifer's character has always felt something, even for the biggest losers, so yes, In this case I will call Jack a loser. Jennifer and compassion use to go hand in had and all we got to see was a cold hearted bitch. I do find it rather unbelievable that TPTB treated Jack as some sort of huge sacrifice Jennifer made for her family. Close family and friends would have help Jennifer mourn, not pimp her in the closest direction of another man's love. Plain and Simple, it was all very wrong.

You know Dannifer could have been 1000x better, but TPTB just don't seem to care enough the pairing to make it worth while. That tells me a hell of a lot.

lumifan4life

Harmony233
Nov 14 2012, 08:21 PM
THeres got to be some drama I orginally thought that GAbie would tell nick and he would pretend to be the father I'm pretty sure Will won't tell sonny but I'm curious if Gabbie will tell nick or let him think its his baby although they would seem impossible with how far along she is lol
This is pure speculation but since Gabi is 3 months along and that fact alone makes it impossible for the baby to be Nick's, I have a feeling Nick will realize that too. I wonder if Nick might blackmail Will and make both him and Gabi agree to pass the baby off as his. He could threaten to tell Sonny that Wabi slept together or something like that. Will might be too afraid to lose Sonny so he goes along with the plan. I just know that Nick is going to continue looking like the jerk in this scenario so I wouldn't put it past him. I fully expect him to go psycho over this, lol.

lumifan4life

Helpless Romantic
Nov 14 2012, 08:37 PM
lumifan4life
Nov 14 2012, 07:20 PM
Ok after watching the day ahead, I take back what I said about Will, lol. His reaction was amazing. I love how he didn't freak out and wasn't denying responsibility. In fact he told Gabi "We're pregnant", lol. Loved that part. He reminded me so much of Lucas in this scene.

Nick is a total jerk and I'm not buying the tough guy persona one bit. He still comes across as a nerdy dork, lol

Anyway the Wabi scenes were great and I adore their friendship. Will gets major kudos for reacting like a man and not a coward.
I LOVED IT! :D I'm really starting to think they will have Nick go psycho again but I hope not. I am not liking his attitude towards Will at all.
Nick is a very angry guy and it seems anything might push him over the edge. He already hates Will. What was with that reaction when Gabi mentioned studying with Will and confiding in him? Nick seemed creepily jealous. Seriously he's jealous over a gay guy and he doesn't even know yet that Wabi slept together. Can you imagine his reaction when he does find out? I can see him really going off the deep end. His jealousy totally creeped me out.

Will&Sonny

There have already been several subtle hints (that could easily be missed or dismissed, but were there nevertheless) that Nick still has that obsessive nature that he previously had. The most recent (before Thursday's episode, anyway) was when he declared his love for Gabi, and she said that she felt the same way. To most people, that probably would have been enough, but Nick had to hear the actual words, "I love you."

It's also clear that Nick gets pissed off every time Will and Sonny are around -- Gabi thinks that it's just because of Nick's feelings about gay people, but (to me, anyway) it's obvious that Nick is also annoyed whenever Gabi's attention is not focused entirely on him.

Just speculation on my part at this point, but as far as I'm concerned, Nick hasn't changed -- he's still unbalanced, and it's only a matter of time before that part of his personality fully emerges again.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Nov 15 2012, 02:03 AM
There have already been several subtle hints (that could easily be missed or dismissed, but were there nevertheless) that Nick still has that obsessive nature that he previously had. The most recent (before Thursday's episode, anyway) was when he declared his love for Gabi, and she said that she felt the same way. To most people, that probably would have been enough, but Nick had to hear the actual words, "I love you."

It's also clear that Nick gets pissed off every time Will and Sonny are around -- Gabi thinks that it's just because of Nick's feelings about gay people, but (to me, anyway) it's obvious that Nick is also annoyed whenever Gabi's attention is not focused entirely on him.

Just speculation on my part at this point, but as far as I'm concerned, Nick hasn't changed -- he's still unbalanced, and it's only a matter of time before that part of his personality fully emerges again.
Yeah, speculation indeed.

I don't think him wanting hear her say she loves him means he's obsessive again. I'd want to hear it from my SO too. Nick getting pissed off whenever WilSon are around is a big reach. He's genuinely uncomfortable around them. It's got nothing to do with Gabi and not much to do with WilSon themselves for that matter. Nick explicitly said it's his issue.
Edited by ScorpioQueen, Nov 15 2012, 02:20 AM.

jaygal
Member Avatar

Yeah I think Nick may have a possessive streak.
I feel all confused. I was impressed with Will and wanted to tell Sonny off.
But you know the lying is going to start. Will knows how to lie, he's been around people who know it as a second language his whole life.
I just can't handle Maggie and friends.

supercool74
Member Avatar

ScorpioQueen
Nov 15 2012, 02:19 AM
Will&Sonny

I don't think him wanting hear her say she loves him means he's obsessive again. I'd want to hear it from my SO too. Nick getting pissed off whenever WilSon are around is a big reach. He's genuinely uncomfortable around them. It's got nothing to do with Gabi and not much to do with WilSon themselves for that matter. Nick explicitly said it's his issue.
I don't know...Nick seemed awfully pissed to me, not uncomfortable. When Will says he needed Gabi's help Nick says "typical". What?! How is that typical? Since when does he act like that towards Will? He acted like Will was a big jerk, and like he's always been one. I thought they were cousins and that he loved Will. He didn't act that way here. I got a jealous vibe from he as well. I think he's going to go crazy when he hears she got knocked up by Will. I hate it because I really like sweet Nick. Don't like him when he acts like this.

Will&Sonny

ScorpioQueen
Nov 15 2012, 02:19 AM
Will&Sonny

Oh, I realize that he's uncomfortable around Will and Sonny -- my point is that I believe that he would show similar behavior if someone else was taking her attention away from him. This issue is that (as far as I can recall) we haven't really seen Nick and Gabi with anyone other than Will, Sonny, or Chad thus far -- and (as I said before) you can easily dismiss those cases because of his feelings for those three men, but I still think there's an underlying, deeper issue there. To me, he wants to be the center of her universe.

I'd be creeped out if someone was practically ordering me to say "I love you", but maybe that's just me. Right now, since nothing has been firmly stated one way or another, it's all about how we each interpret the scenes (and I think that's exactly what the writers intended to do). Nick isn't necessarily showing his obsessive nature any more clearly than Kristen is showing her manipulative nature at the moment, but I'm sure that most viewers are certain that Kristen hasn't changed. I feel the same way about Nick, with about as much evidence to go on at the moment.

Anyway, enough speculation; I'll leave it at that and eagerly wait with you to see how it all plays out.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply