Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, November 15th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 14 2012, 02:33 PM (7,406 Views)
lumifan4life

supercool74
Nov 15 2012, 03:19 AM
ScorpioQueen
Nov 15 2012, 02:19 AM
Will&Sonny
Nov 15 2012, 02:03 AM
There have already been several subtle hints (that could easily be missed or dismissed, but were there nevertheless) that Nick still has that obsessive nature that he previously had. The most recent (before Thursday's episode, anyway) was when he declared his love for Gabi, and she said that she felt the same way. To most people, that probably would have been enough, but Nick had to hear the actual words, "I love you."

It's also clear that Nick gets pissed off every time Will and Sonny are around -- Gabi thinks that it's just because of Nick's feelings about gay people, but (to me, anyway) it's obvious that Nick is also annoyed whenever Gabi's attention is not focused entirely on him.

Just speculation on my part at this point, but as far as I'm concerned, Nick hasn't changed -- he's still unbalanced, and it's only a matter of time before that part of his personality fully emerges again.
Yeah, speculation indeed.

I don't think him wanting hear her say she loves him means he's obsessive again. I'd want to hear it from my SO too. Nick getting pissed off whenever WilSon are around is a big reach. He's genuinely uncomfortable around them. It's got nothing to do with Gabi and not much to do with WilSon themselves for that matter. Nick explicitly said it's his issue.
I don't know...Nick seemed awfully pissed to me, not uncomfortable. When Will says he needed Gabi's help Nick says "typical". What?! How is that typical? Since when does he act like that towards Will? He acted like Will was a big jerk, and like he's always been one. I thought they were cousins and that he loved Will. He didn't act that way here. I got a jealous vibe from he as well. I think he's going to go crazy when he hears she got knocked up by Will. I hate it because I really like sweet Nick. Don't like him when he acts like this.
Seriously this is way more than Nick just being uncomfortable. He's being an outright homophobic bigoted jerk to Will who is his cousin and history wise, he has no reason whatsoever to hate. But he hates him and that's pretty clear. Today's scenes alone show that Nick can't stand him and hates the fact that Gabi is hanging out with him. The fact that he's jealous because Gabi confided in Will and is working on a school project with him screams instability and borderline psychotic behaviour. He knows Will is gay so there should be no reason for Nick to be jealous or insecure or possessive over Gabi. I agree that Nick is going to go right over the edge when he finds out this is Will's baby. Whether he reacts impulsively or is more calculated about it, we'll see. But he's going to do something and it's not going to be pretty.
Edited by lumifan4life, Nov 15 2012, 08:42 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

lumifan4life
Nov 15 2012, 08:35 AM
supercool74
ScorpioQueen
Will&Sonny
Nov 15 2012, 02:03 AM
There have already been several subtle hints (that could easily be missed or dismissed, but were there nevertheless) that Nick still has that obsessive nature that he previously had. The most recent (before Thursday's episode, anyway) was when he declared his love for Gabi, and she said that she felt the same way. To most people, that probably would have been enough, but Nick had to hear the actual words, "I love you."

It's also clear that Nick gets pissed off every time Will and Sonny are around -- Gabi thinks that it's just because of Nick's feelings about gay people, but (to me, anyway) it's obvious that Nick is also annoyed whenever Gabi's attention is not focused entirely on him.

Just speculation on my part at this point, but as far as I'm concerned, Nick hasn't changed -- he's still unbalanced, and it's only a matter of time before that part of his personality fully emerges again.
Yeah, speculation indeed.

I don't think him wanting hear her say she loves him means he's obsessive again. I'd want to hear it from my SO too. Nick getting pissed off whenever WilSon are around is a big reach. He's genuinely uncomfortable around them. It's got nothing to do with Gabi and not much to do with WilSon themselves for that matter. Nick explicitly said it's his issue.
I don't know...Nick seemed awfully pissed to me, not uncomfortable. When Will says he needed Gabi's help Nick says "typical". What?! How is that typical? Since when does he act like that towards Will? He acted like Will was a big jerk, and like he's always been one. I thought they were cousins and that he loved Will. He didn't act that way here. I got a jealous vibe from he as well. I think he's going to go crazy when he hears she got knocked up by Will. I hate it because I really like sweet Nick. Don't like him when he acts like this.
Seriously this is way more than Nick just being uncomfortable. He's being an outright homophobic bigoted jerk to Will who is his cousin and history wise, he has no reason whatsoever to hate. But he hates him and that's pretty clear. Today's scenes alone show that Nick can't stand him and hates the fact that Gabi is hanging out with him. The fact that he's jealous because Gabi confided in Will and is working on a school project with him screams instability and borderline psychotic behaviour. He knows Will is gay so there should be no reason for Nick to be jealous or insecure or possessive over Gabi. I agree that Nick is going to go right over the edge when he finds out this is Will's baby. Whether he reacts impulsively or is more calculated about it, we'll see. But he's going to do something and it's not going to be pretty.
I think it's two parts with Nick...he's definitely uncomfortable every time he sees Will and Sonny because of his views on gays...but he's also showing some signs of jealousy toward the friendship that Will has with Gabi. He's being written more and more as obsessive over Gabi. I have to say if this dynamic continues after he finds out about Gabi's baby being Will's then it could cause some real drama for the Hortons and I couldn't be more glad that at least the focus will be on two cousins that are Hortons over any other family.

lumifan4life

LuvingLumi
Nov 15 2012, 08:46 AM
lumifan4life
supercool74
ScorpioQueen

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I think it's two parts with Nick...he's definitely uncomfortable every time he sees Will and Sonny because of his views on gays...but he's also showing some signs of jealousy toward the friendship that Will has with Gabi. He's being written more and more as obsessive over Gabi. I have to say if this dynamic continues after he finds out about Gabi's baby being Will's then it could cause some real drama for the Hortons and I couldn't be more glad that at least the focus will be on two cousins that are Hortons over any other family.
I also think it's interesting that this seems to be leading up to some sort of feud between Horton cousins. Whose side will the Hortons take now? It's one thing when they were all on Nick's side when it came to releasing him from prison for what he did to Melanie. But what happens when he ends up hurting another Horton? Either Will or Will's baby? Then I have a feeling Nick is toast.
Edited by lumifan4life, Nov 15 2012, 09:00 AM.

NikiLani
Member Avatar

lumifan4life
Nov 15 2012, 09:00 AM
LuvingLumi
Nov 15 2012, 08:46 AM
lumifan4life
supercool74

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I also think it's interesting that this seems to be leading up to some sort of feud between Horton cousins. Whose side will the Hortons take now? It's one thing when they were all on Nick's side when it came to releasing him from prison for what he did to Melanie. But what happens when he ends up hurting another Horton? Either Will or Will's baby? Then I have a feeling Nick is toast.
I think so too.....URGH this show infuriates me so!
Edited by NikiLani, Nov 15 2012, 09:02 AM.

cord08

Quote:

This doesn't surprise me. BB signed a six-month contract with the possibility for an extension. He started filming in May, so November would be six months. That's not to say that he wouldn't be extended for a longer period, but that does probably make him a bit more expendable in the writers' eyes. Personally, I like BB and think he adds something to the younger group even if Nick's beliefs/actions aren't always agreeable.
Edited by cord08, Nov 15 2012, 11:56 AM.

NikiLani
Member Avatar

i certainly hope he stays, i love Nick irrespective of his s/l.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Jennifer isn't my favorite person right now,but she should tell Kristen to take a long walk off a short pier for what Kritter did to Jack and her mother.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

I like Nick's protectiveness of Gabi and Will's lying capabilities.
Nick is not stupid... he sees that something else is going on betn them......alll While John is portrayed as a mindless fuck... thinking Kristen is pure, true and changed. LOL, that comparison is glaring.

NikiLani
Member Avatar

i don't know why good guy = stoopid on this show but it does.

guessgirl
Member Avatar

Dreamer
Nov 15 2012, 01:51 PM
Nick is not stupid... he sees that something else is going on betn them......alll While John is portrayed as a mindless fuck... thinking Kristen is pure, true and changed. LOL, that comparison is glaring.
IA Nick defintely knew there was more going on than the lame "class project" excuse that was given by them. He's not stupid and very intuitive. And yes John was a total idiot defending Kristen. I wanted to throw something at him.
Edited by guessgirl, Nov 15 2012, 02:16 PM.

lumifan4life

cord08
Nov 15 2012, 11:54 AM
Quote:

This doesn't surprise me. BB signed a six-month contract with the possibility for an extension. He started filming in May, so November would be six months. That's not to say that he wouldn't be extended for a longer period, but that does probably make him a bit more expendable in the writers' eyes. Personally, I like BB and think he adds something to the younger group even if Nick's beliefs/actions aren't always agreeable.
I didn't realize he had such a short contract. If they want to turn him completely psychotic over Will and send him packing back to prison I can see them doing that. Out of the two Hortons, Nick is definitely the expendable one.

peaches179

guessgirl
Nov 15 2012, 02:15 PM
Dreamer
IA Nick defintely knew there was more going on than the lame "class project" excuse that was given by them. He's not stupid and very intuitive. And yes John was a total idiot defending Kristen. I wanted to throw something at him.

Drake's acting is so awful. Marlena is so much more enjoyable in scenes without him. I really liked her scenes today.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

BalscoFan5
Nov 15 2012, 01:15 PM
Jennifer isn't my favorite person right now,but she should tell Kristen to take a long walk off a short pier for what Kritter did to Jack and her mother.
Well, JenniBoo doesn't give two figs about Jack, and she tends to forget her mother exists, so unless Kristen hurts Daniel somehow (like causes him to trip over a rock or something), I wouldn't expect that.

annie21

esp13
Nov 14 2012, 11:17 PM
I don't really think the Daniel/Jen stuff is moving too fast. I could buy that if Jennifer and Daniel had not had a relationship prior to Jack's return. And I might even buy it if there had been a real break-up between Jennifer and Daniel when Jack did return. But there wasn't. However much people might hate it, it was written in a particular way -- namely that Daniel backed off and Jen decided to make things work with Jack. But it was never written that Jennifer stopped caring about Daniel or that he stopped caring about her.

So, now that Jack is gone, it's not surprising that the feelings are still there between Jennifer and Daniel. I understand people wanting to see Jen mourn Jack more, but he's already died several times, so it's not surprising to me that she can move through the grief quicker than most. And I don't think it's unreasonable that the people who know her best understand both of those things.

None of which is to say that they are a well-written or popular couple. Only that I don't find the whole thing that unbelievable.
I don't see many people saying it is unbelievable or surprising -- just repetitive and highly unlikable. Since about 2000, and earlier, the writers have basically done the same thing over and over -- remove Jack from the scene so Jennifer can be paired with someone else. I'm not the only fan of Jennifer to point out that this repeated path is damaging to the character because she never grows or changes. She never learns or pauses for self-reflection. She never explores any other emotional territory. More importantly, she never stands on her own -- it's always about pursuing some guy -- usually a doctor who on the surface is perfect but who has sleazy or even criminal tendencies. Even Brandon was an upstanding doctor who was involved with other women (including Nicole) while he was dating Jennifer. She has shown poor judgement before, and this time is no different because she's putting Daniel on a pedestal that he does not deserve.

So it's not surprising. But my complaints are two-fold. First, I'm tired of going through this same old routine of seeing a character I used to admire get dragged ever and ever lower, become less and less intelligent, and become more and more unlikeable because writers don't know what else to do with her except constantly place her in the exact same storyline over and over.

Second, the current story is one of the poorest attempts. It is trying to maintain that Jennifer is in mourning so Daniel is making this big sacrifice while everyone else in Salem nudges him toward her and says it's okay. It's all fake because we are not seeing Jennifer in mourning. She's basically ready to move on now -- as you say, the feelings we're told they had for each other apparently never went anywhere. So, since there's really nothing stopping them, why are they pretending that there is?

We all know what TomSell want to do here. There's no subtlety, no nuance. They're just going through a few shallow, rote motions. I just wish they would stop using Jack's name and image to get to where they're going. Because, as many of us have pointed out, the writers really didn't need to kill Jack off to put Dannifer back together again. As your arguments imply, the groundwork was already in place to do that. Having her decide to leave Jack to return to Daniel (or having Jack back out) would not have damaged Jennifer's character any more than the current story has done. So what was the point?

Guinevere
Member Avatar
Salem needs Jack Deveraux. Bring Back Matthew Ashford.

^This is my problem too. Also everyone is saying her feelings for Daniel never went away. What about the feelings she had for Jack before he came back? We are to believe the second she signed her name to divorce papers 20+ years worth of feelings went away forever..yet she doesn't speak with Daniel in 6 months - after a brief relationship a year earlier and those are the ones she can't shake? This is where I have a problem with believing this "love" between Dannifer. I agree Jack's death was really not needed because them breaking up amicably instead of him dying wouldn't make her look like a fickle woman who can't go 5 minutes without a man - even when she's supposed to be in mourning. Why do they keep trying and trying to push her into new relationships and trying to make each one some epic love story as though the previous 20 years of her life never existed. It's possible to love someone else after a great love - but this is not it.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

annie21

Guinevere
Nov 15 2012, 03:53 PM
^This is my problem too. Also everyone is saying her feelings for Daniel never went away. What about the feelings she had for Jack before he came back? We are to believe the second she signed her name to divorce papers 20+ years worth of feelings went away forever..yet she doesn't speak with Daniel in 6 months - after a brief relationship a year earlier and those are the ones she can't shake? This is where I have a problem with believing this "love" between Dannifer. I agree Jack's death was really not needed because them breaking up amicably instead of him dying wouldn't make her look like a fickle woman who can't go 5 minutes without a man - even when she's supposed to be in mourning. Why do they keep trying and trying to push her into new relationships and trying to make each one some epic love story as though the previous 20 years of her life never existed. It's possible to love someone else after a great love - but this is not it.
Well, actually, that's part of the patttern, too, isn't it? Every time they bring Jack back, Jennifer admits that her feelings for him never went away and that she was a fool to think she could love someone else as much as she loves him. It happened after her two-year obsession with Colin and her flirtation with Brandon. It happened after her almost marriage to Frankie. And it happened just a few months ago in that rushed mostly offscreen reunion with Jack after multiple break-ups with Daniel.

Jennifer's credibility has suffered each and every time to the point that I find it hard to believe anything she says.

Meanwhile, this almost daily dose of Dannifer telling each other how wonderful and perfect and selfless they are is tedious.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

"Older sister",Sami,you and Eric are twins,your like a minute older.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

BalscoFan5
Nov 15 2012, 06:34 PM
That gave me a :blink: face, too.

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

guessgirl
Nov 15 2012, 02:15 PM
Dreamer
I agree. Nick could piece everything together if Gabi does not tell him the truth. But I don't mind that. I like intuitive men. :wub2:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
Nov 15 2012, 06:37 PM
BalscoFan5
Nov 15 2012, 06:34 PM
That gave me a :blink: face, too.
I thought it was cute. I know many twins that throw that few minutes into their "younger" twins face.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply