Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Patrika Darbo back to Days
Topic Started: Nov 15 2012, 11:50 AM (8,557 Views)
BillieD
Member Avatar

lily20
Nov 16 2012, 04:15 PM
DiMeraFan67
Nov 16 2012, 01:39 PM
I'm getting the feeling that the entire point of this storyline and these returns is to give Daniel his own kid in Salem now that Melanie is gone. Daniel and Jennifer will be Parker's parents. Sigh.
i don't get it, why not just have daniel knock up jennifer then?
Especially with the most perfect beings ever as parents, why oh why wouldn't the writers grace our screens with their spawn?
:sarcasm:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

They could do that, but they won't. Jennifer and Daniel will be raising Parker as their own once whatever happens with Chloe plays out.

am103
Member Avatar

I don't want them to change Parker's paternity. I want my Phloe baby, damnit! :(

I hope Nancy comes back and starts whoopin' some serious ass, starting with Daniel!

michr544125

I love Patrika Darbo. Makes me think of the good ole days with Chloe, Brady, Nancy and Craig. The show was so good back then.

bomber
Member Avatar

BillieD
Nov 16 2012, 05:57 PM
lily20
DiMeraFan67
I'm getting the feeling that the entire point of this storyline and these returns is to give Daniel his own kid in Salem now that Melanie is gone. Daniel and Jennifer will be Parker's parents. Sigh.
Especially with the most perfect beings ever as parents, why oh why wouldn't the writers grace our screens with their spawn?
Dannifer spawn?? NO NO NO!!!!!!

King
Member Avatar

Nancy vs. Kate?

Koslow's tweet is making sense?

Sariah
Member Avatar

I'm already beyond pissed that TomSell is stealing my cute, dimpled Phloe baby. If they kill Chloe too in the process just so freaking Dannifer can have Parker, I'm not sure what I'll do. :soapbox:

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

bomber
Nov 16 2012, 07:27 PM
BillieD
Nov 16 2012, 05:57 PM
lily20
DiMeraFan67
Dannifer spawn?? NO NO NO!!!!!!
:omg: ITA, but sealing the deal with a Dannifer baby and making them King and Queen of Salem is right up TomSell's ass, oops, I mean alley. A Dannifer baby will make DAYS a top rated soap. They are both amazing, perfect and wonderful what more can fans want? :sarcasm:

Having Nancy or Chloe pimping Daniel make zero sense from my POV. Although, Chloe was smitten with Dr. D's ass that she probably couldn't get over his wonderfulness. I just wonder if she make a play for Dr. DongMyShlong and if Jennifer will finally go batshit crazy over it?
Edited by Dreamer, Nov 16 2012, 10:06 PM.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

lily20
DiMeraFan67
Because I would have to stab myself in the eye.

lily20

nocturnalblondie
Nov 16 2012, 11:03 PM
lily20
DiMeraFan67
Because I would have to stab myself in the eye.
hahahaa!
don't blame you:P

I just don't think chloe is going to die and parker will go to dannifer.
that would be way more than a kick in the gut to chloe fans. I think parker will be sick but daniel will save him.
sucks that it appears chloe is back to prop him. like I said, I am a danloe fan but I want a danloe reunion that's written right not for chloe to be third wheel/prop for dannifer.

they really don't have much of a fanbase so i'll never understand why the writers keep pushing this shitty pairing.
someone clue me in because this makes no fucking sense.
If they can't write anything else for MR, they should fire her.

lily20

Sariah
Nov 16 2012, 08:33 PM
I'm already beyond pissed that TomSell is stealing my cute, dimpled Phloe baby. If they kill Chloe too in the process just so freaking Dannifer can have Parker, I'm not sure what I'll do. :soapbox:

again: why are you so sure they're making parker daniel's?
there's no official spoiler for that. at least none that i've read
besides didn't these writers like/create phloe?

KMan101
Member Avatar

Ellie
Nov 16 2012, 09:27 AM
KMan101
Nov 15 2012, 10:27 PM
I also want to add that I was very annoyed neither Craig or Nancy were brought back for Chloe in the last 9 years...
Craig was... that's not correct. I was just annoyed they didn't keep him around.
I actually thought he might have been but then I confused myself so I didn't say that I thought he had come back. Thanks for clarifying :) and yeah I wish they had kept him around too. He entertained the hell out of me.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

lily20
Nov 17 2012, 12:33 AM
Sariah

Peggy slipped up in an interview and said that it turns out Caroline couldn't even correctly change the paternity on the computer. So that would lead everyone to believe that Daniel ends up being Parker's father. There is no sign of Philip's return to the show and Chloe and Parker are coming home and mostly all we have heard is of her working with Daniel.

Odds are JKJ didn't want to come back so they're going to butcher Philip offscreen and have Chloe crawling back to Salem for Daniel's help. I do think the intention was for Parker to end up being Daniel's all along, since the beginning of the storyline. So I don't consider this a case of changing history, just an overall mistake that the writers always intended. The kids name is Parker for one. He's named after Daniel's mother...and Caroline is 100 years old trying to play with a computer? Plus there were a bunch of people who were messing with the computers. I always thought we were going to get a double reversal so Caroline would change the paternity after someone already did. So the kid would really be Philip's in the end, but we would think it was Daniel's for a while. But it looks like we are just going with Parker was always Daniel's and Caroline is an idiot. OR Caroline changed the test and Kate got to it in time to make Parker Philip's again. The 2nd sounds likely because Nancy and Chloe are clashing with Kate.

Sariah
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Nov 17 2012, 09:12 AM
lily20
Sariah

Peggy slipped up in an interview and said that it turns out Caroline couldn't even correctly change the paternity on the computer. So that would lead everyone to believe that Daniel ends up being Parker's father. There is no sign of Philip's return to the show and Chloe and Parker are coming home and mostly all we have heard is of her working with Daniel.

Odds are JKJ didn't want to come back so they're going to butcher Philip offscreen and have Chloe crawling back to Salem for Daniel's help. I do think the intention was for Parker to end up being Daniel's all along, since the beginning of the storyline. So I don't consider this a case of changing history, just an overall mistake that the writers always intended. The kids name is Parker for one. He's named after Daniel's mother...and Caroline is 100 years old trying to play with a computer? Plus there were a bunch of people who were messing with the computers. I always thought we were going to get a double reversal so Caroline would change the paternity after someone already did. So the kid would really be Philip's in the end, but we would think it was Daniel's for a while. But it looks like we are just going with Parker was always Daniel's and Caroline is an idiot. OR Caroline changed the test and Kate got to it in time to make Parker Philip's again. The 2nd sounds likely because Nancy and Chloe are clashing with Kate.
I don't think the intent was always to make Parker Daniel's son. Sydney is still Sami's child and still named Sydney, even though Nicole named her. And there are lots of other children on this show either named by someone else who turned out not to be the parent or who are named after their mom's boyfriend at the time. The show very deliberately hired babies that had deep dimples, just like JKJ's. I also think Higley made it pretty clear that she preferred Philip and Chloe together - she broke up the quad and shipped out Shelle and had Phloe reuniting when she took over - until Ed Scott stepped in. Then when she got control of the show back again, she again had Phloe working their way back to one another. And had Jay not left, I think that's the direction she would have continued to go (since right before he left, she basically had Philip and Chloe dating).

But what is completely impossible for me to believe is that neither Kate nor Victor (or Philip, for that matter) tested Parker again. It is so out of character for either of his parents to just accept that Parker is Philip's, given the deep hatred both of them have for Chloe.

I feel like the whole show right now is one big FU to Higley and MarDar and their stories. Ejole's baby - killed. MarDar's characters like Madison? Killed off. And they're back pimping the characters they wrote and loved - Daniel and Rafe (and everything would be worse if Melanie was still on the show).

So I consider it them changing history. I consider it them retconning the paternity of this baby. And just like I'm sick of Nicole's kids dying and her never being allowed to be a mother, I'm even more sick of Philip losing every single one of his children to another man. And in this case, it's just in a pathetic attempt to give one of the worst couples Days has ever had some sort of obstacle/storyline.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I wish the baby was Philip's. I always felt like the intention was to eventually reveal the baby to be Daniel's. That's just my opinion. There was way too much mystery surrounding the baby. I'm not about to defend Higley or Tomlin. They're all terrible, but I don't think Tomlin is worried about erasing any of Higley's work just to do so. He was her boss. They were probably friends because he likely could have fired her at any time and they worked together for that entire run. Daniel and Rafe were Higley/Tomlin pets. Not just Tomlin's.

I agree with the Kate/Victor thing, but that's almost always how soap paternity tests go. Someone messes with one. You get another and accept it as fact. I would want like 10 tests and multiple independent tests after getting screwed over once, but they rarely do that. As for the name I don't recall someone given a maiden name of someone's family and end up with another family. It may have happened on another soap at some point, but I don't remember it. Philip should have changed the name right away, the kid was young enough. Why keep Daniel's mother's maiden name as the name of your kid? That's a constant reminder and its not a very common name so eventually questions would probably be asked. Why the hell am I named Parker? Oh, you're named after some guy mommy was sleeping with at the time's mother.

I hope to see Nancy rip Daniel's head off after Parker or Chloe or whoever is saved by savior Dan, but I'm sure she will be bowing down. And going after Kate. Kate is everyone's punching bag. I would rather see someone take down Daniel, but I will enjoy Nancy vs. Kate for whatever its worth.

marisol40

Quote:

And had Jay not left, I think that's the direction she would have continued to go (since right before he left, she basically had Philip and Chloe dating).

Dating??? Wasn't he pining after Melanie the whole time and before that, Madison and Stephanie??? The few times he did hook up with Chloe, he treated her like booty call. Oh and after he supposedly got her pregnant, during a drunken one night stand, he spent the whole time lying to save his own ass and protect Melanie from the fallout. Had JKJ stayed on the show his storyline would have revolved around Melanie and that is why I think he opted out.

annie21

Whatever they do with Parker's paternity, I hope they undo Eggbaby. That was one of the earliest and most egregious MarDar choices and should have been at the top of TomSell's eradication/reversal list. After all, that, too, seemed to be setting up to be a short-term move that would be un-done later. Daniel got a text message telling him the news, and he never bothered to verify the results or check into the story. Victor was making mysterious phone calls and having unusual cryptic conversations with his butler, Henderson. The whole thing was thinly constructed and strained credulity.

If TPTB ever get a clue and realize how unpopular their pet Daniel has become, maybe they'll unscramble the egg fiasco.

Meanwhile, add me to the list of those who think Chloe's mom should be ripping into Daniel, not singing his praises and transmitting best wishes.

lily20

DiMeraFan67
Nov 17 2012, 09:12 AM
lily20
Sariah

I read that interview awhile back, but i honestly don't think it was a slip up. I just think she doesn't really know what she's talking about. lol

but it would definitely be easy to change parker's paternity. there were many loopholes in that entire storyline. Don't know for sure if that was done on purpose or not.

btw, your kate speculation makes sense and in my opinion would be the best way to go if the writers really are going to change it. but these hacks are incapable of writing anything even remotely interesting so doubt it will happen:P
Edited by lily20, Nov 18 2012, 05:28 PM.

lily20

marisol40
Nov 18 2012, 06:15 AM
Quote:

And had Jay not left, I think that's the direction she would have continued to go (since right before he left, she basically had Philip and Chloe dating).

Dating??? Wasn't he pining after Melanie the whole time and before that, Madison and Stephanie??? The few times he did hook up with Chloe, he treated her like booty call. Oh and after he supposedly got her pregnant, during a drunken one night stand, he spent the whole time lying to save his own ass and protect Melanie from the fallout. Had JKJ stayed on the show his storyline would have revolved around Melanie and that is why I think he opted out.
yeah i don't remember them dating...
and i don't think higley was a phloe fan at all. that was tomlin

I agree with you about philip. he did treat chloe like a /bootycall/hooker. (sad that she actually turned into one)

speaking of chloe and her hooking, I can't remember, did everyone in salem know about it or just brady and nicole?

Edited by lily20, Nov 18 2012, 05:38 PM.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Ellie
Nov 16 2012, 01:03 PM
Craig and Joy send their best to Daniel?!!!!!!!!!!!! Is Tomlin joking? Daniel dumped Chloe and left her to rot! But as usual Tomlin ignores history where it benefits his atrocious writing. I cannot wait for the day that he gets his walking papers. Worthless sack of crap. :flipoff:
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Nov 18 2012, 10:00 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply