Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Patrika Darbo back to Days
Topic Started: Nov 15 2012, 11:50 AM (8,623 Views)
NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

lily20
Nov 18 2012, 05:27 PM
DiMeraFan67
Nov 17 2012, 09:12 AM
lily20
Nov 17 2012, 12:33 AM
Sariah
Nov 16 2012, 08:33 PM
I'm already beyond pissed that TomSell is stealing my cute, dimpled Phloe baby. If they kill Chloe too in the process just so freaking Dannifer can have Parker, I'm not sure what I'll do. :soapbox:

again: why are you so sure they're making parker daniel's?
there's no official spoiler for that. at least none that i've read
besides didn't these writers like/create phloe?
Peggy slipped up in an interview and said that it turns out Caroline couldn't even correctly change the paternity on the computer. So that would lead everyone to believe that Daniel ends up being Parker's father. There is no sign of Philip's return to the show and Chloe and Parker are coming home and mostly all we have heard is of her working with Daniel.

Odds are JKJ didn't want to come back so they're going to butcher Philip offscreen and have Chloe crawling back to Salem for Daniel's help. I do think the intention was for Parker to end up being Daniel's all along, since the beginning of the storyline. So I don't consider this a case of changing history, just an overall mistake that the writers always intended. The kids name is Parker for one. He's named after Daniel's mother...and Caroline is 100 years old trying to play with a computer? Plus there were a bunch of people who were messing with the computers. I always thought we were going to get a double reversal so Caroline would change the paternity after someone already did. So the kid would really be Philip's in the end, but we would think it was Daniel's for a while. But it looks like we are just going with Parker was always Daniel's and Caroline is an idiot. OR Caroline changed the test and Kate got to it in time to make Parker Philip's again. The 2nd sounds likely because Nancy and Chloe are clashing with Kate.
I read that interview awhile back, but i honestly don't think it was a slip up. I just think she doesn't really know what she's talking about. lol
If it wasn't a slip up, and just a mistake, why did the site have to take down the interview? I think she said something she wasn't supposed to say.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

The interview has me excited for Nancy's return. I'm glad she's back to being bitchy. Darbo did great with the comedic material the writers gave her in the early 2000s, but the bitch she was in the late-90s is what made the character a hit with fans. I'll be interested to see her go up against Kate. I don't think they ever really cared for each other in the past when Chloe and Philip dated in high school. I know Nancy despises Victor, so I'm sure we'll get some of those two going at it as well, especially considering Victor's feelings for Chloe.

lily20

nocturnalblondie
Nov 18 2012, 06:53 PM
lily20
Nov 18 2012, 05:27 PM
DiMeraFan67
Nov 17 2012, 09:12 AM
lily20
Nov 17 2012, 12:33 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Peggy slipped up in an interview and said that it turns out Caroline couldn't even correctly change the paternity on the computer. So that would lead everyone to believe that Daniel ends up being Parker's father. There is no sign of Philip's return to the show and Chloe and Parker are coming home and mostly all we have heard is of her working with Daniel.

Odds are JKJ didn't want to come back so they're going to butcher Philip offscreen and have Chloe crawling back to Salem for Daniel's help. I do think the intention was for Parker to end up being Daniel's all along, since the beginning of the storyline. So I don't consider this a case of changing history, just an overall mistake that the writers always intended. The kids name is Parker for one. He's named after Daniel's mother...and Caroline is 100 years old trying to play with a computer? Plus there were a bunch of people who were messing with the computers. I always thought we were going to get a double reversal so Caroline would change the paternity after someone already did. So the kid would really be Philip's in the end, but we would think it was Daniel's for a while. But it looks like we are just going with Parker was always Daniel's and Caroline is an idiot. OR Caroline changed the test and Kate got to it in time to make Parker Philip's again. The 2nd sounds likely because Nancy and Chloe are clashing with Kate.
I read that interview awhile back, but i honestly don't think it was a slip up. I just think she doesn't really know what she's talking about. lol
If it wasn't a slip up, and just a mistake, why did the site have to take down the interview? I think she said something she wasn't supposed to say.
the interview that DR did?
didn't know that. that's kinda weird
how about the one that we love soaps did? because she said the same thing in that interview.

anyway, still think chloe and parker are back to try and redeem /prop daniel. Parker is most likely sick and daniel will save him and everyone will kiss his ass, especially jennifer.
Edited by lily20, Nov 18 2012, 09:15 PM.

marisol40

Quote:

anyway, still think chloe and parker are back to try and redeem /prop daniel. Parker is most likely sick and daniel will save him and everyone will kiss his ass, especially jennifer.

I second that!! What a waste of Chloe and Nancy.

Sariah
Member Avatar

annie21
Nov 18 2012, 05:07 PM
Whatever they do with Parker's paternity, I hope they undo Eggbaby. That was one of the earliest and most egregious MarDar choices and should have been at the top of TomSell's eradication/reversal list. After all, that, too, seemed to be setting up to be a short-term move that would be un-done later. Daniel got a text message telling him the news, and he never bothered to verify the results or check into the story. Victor was making mysterious phone calls and having unusual cryptic conversations with his butler, Henderson. The whole thing was thinly constructed and strained credulity.

If TPTB ever get a clue and realize how unpopular their pet Daniel has become, maybe they'll unscramble the egg fiasco.

Meanwhile, add me to the list of those who think Chloe's mom should be ripping into Daniel, not singing his praises and transmitting best wishes.

Why would they undo the eggbaby stuff? TomSell apparently ADORE Daniel. I don't see why they would un-Horton him (although I wish they would - that entire thing is so incredibly stupid). In fact, I'm surprised they haven't found ways to make the Hernandez clan related to the Hortons, too.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
Nov 18 2012, 05:57 PM
Ellie
Nov 16 2012, 01:03 PM
Craig and Joy send their best to Daniel?!!!!!!!!!!!! Is Tomlin joking? Daniel dumped Chloe and left her to rot! But as usual Tomlin ignores history where it benefits his atrocious writing. I cannot wait for the day that he gets his walking papers. Worthless sack of crap. :flipoff:
during tomlin lucas wanted to craig decide if to unplug chloe intead craig said to lucas you chose despite he knew lucas was mad and hated chloe than only to show that daniel is the only one that trying to save chloe

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Sariah
Nov 19 2012, 09:21 AM
annie21
Whatever they do with Parker's paternity, I hope they undo Eggbaby. That was one of the earliest and most egregious MarDar choices and should have been at the top of TomSell's eradication/reversal list. After all, that, too, seemed to be setting up to be a short-term move that would be un-done later. Daniel got a text message telling him the news, and he never bothered to verify the results or check into the story. Victor was making mysterious phone calls and having unusual cryptic conversations with his butler, Henderson. The whole thing was thinly constructed and strained credulity.

If TPTB ever get a clue and realize how unpopular their pet Daniel has become, maybe they'll unscramble the egg fiasco.

Meanwhile, add me to the list of those who think Chloe's mom should be ripping into Daniel, not singing his praises and transmitting best wishes.

Why would they undo the eggbaby stuff? TomSell apparently ADORE Daniel. I don't see why they would un-Horton him (although I wish they would - that entire thing is so incredibly stupid). In fact, I'm surprised they haven't found ways to make the Hernandez clan related to the Hortons, too.

gabi is carry will kid [horton]and dating nick [horton] and rafe seem already join to story
tomlin already thought rafe reaction on alice death is more Important than some of the horton members
i am sure in late 2013 they offically consider part of the horton family

leah09
Member Avatar

Sariah
Nov 19 2012, 09:21 AM
annie21

Plus, how many times has Daniel called Maggie "Mom" under TomSell?
It seems like every time they share a scene, he says it at least 5 times per sentence, LOL!
No way they're undoing it.

Very thrilled to have Nancy back in Salem.
Loved her as Chloe's mom but loved her even more going against Mike and Carrie, even though I adored Mike and Carrie. Hope we get fire-cracker, schemer Nancy back. She was so much fun.

ntsh69

six
Nov 15 2012, 12:17 PM
I was just thinking - I hope this isn't building up to something happening to Chloe, so Dannifer can have Parker.
Why would Daniel have Parker when he isn't related. Phillip has custody, and Chloe was just getting to have visitation rights after her life choices. If something funky happened and if anyone got the baby, you know Kate would be he one fighting to have him...assuming Phillip fell off the face of the earth.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

So if Chloe only had/has visitation over Parker.. then why not just have Chloe return to Salem? There would be no need to bring her son with her, let alone her mother. Nancy's solo return is puzzling and I would love to see what TPTB use as an excuse for Philip letting Chloe have his son away from his for so long.

Chloe's need to return to Salem is strange...we assume that she's got need for the Daniel in her world, but he no need for her, while he's all smitten with Jen-Jen. I still say Chloe is the sick one and Philip is generously letting her spend time with Parker. If Parker was ill, I would like to think Philip be right there next to her.

I can't wait for Nancy & Kate face-off, Grandma vs Grandma.... that would be good. I see Grandma Kate keeping a watchful eye on her Grandbaby. I can't see Kate singing Daniel's praises or want him anywhere near, Parker, unless it is reveal that the boy is indeed his. (May sweeps is so far away)
Edited by Dreamer, Nov 25 2012, 10:00 PM.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Dreamer
Nov 25 2012, 09:59 PM
So if Chloe only had/has visitation over Parker.. then why not just have Chloe return to Salem? There would be no need to bring her son with her, let alone her mother. Nancy's solo return is puzzling and I would love to see what TPTB use as an excuse for Philip letting Chloe have his son away from his for so long.

Chloe's need to return to Salem is strange...we assume that she's got need for the Daniel in her world, but he no need for her, while he's all smitten with Jen-Jen. I still say Chloe is the sick one and Philip is generously letting her spend time with Parker. If Parker was ill, I would like to think Philip be right there next to her.

I can't wait for Nancy & Kate face-off, Grandma vs Grandma.... that would be good. I see Grandma Kate keeping a watchful eye on her Grandbaby. I can't see Kate singing Daniel's praises or want him anywhere near, Parker, unless it is reveal that the boy is indeed his. (May sweeps is so far away)
Seriously, Nancy would kick Kate's ass in a heartbeat. I may not like her, but lady was fierce!

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

pspcindy
Nov 15 2012, 11:59 AM
Oh this news makes me so happy. I loved Nancy. Patrika Darbo is such down to earth woman and loves the fans.

Hope this is not just a short-term role. Wish Craig would join her.
We are missing Craig, he needs to be there and working back at the hospital.

six
Member Avatar

ntsh69
Nov 25 2012, 09:26 PM
six
I was just thinking - I hope this isn't building up to something happening to Chloe, so Dannifer can have Parker.
Why would Daniel have Parker when he isn't related. Phillip has custody, and Chloe was just getting to have visitation rights after her life choices. If something funky happened and if anyone got the baby, you know Kate would be he one fighting to have him...assuming Phillip fell off the face of the earth.
Because I think it's pretty obvious that Parker is about to become Daniel's kid. If that child doesn't come back with a tan instead of dimples, I'll be stunned. I just hope they're not planning to kill Chloe to give dannifer a ready made family.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

six
Nov 27 2012, 11:55 AM
ntsh69
six
Because I think it's pretty obvious that Parker is about to become Daniel's kid. If that child doesn't come back with a tan instead of dimples, I'll be stunned. I just hope they're not planning to kill Chloe to give dannifer a ready made family.
Although I've had my suspicions that they might have a story that involves the return of Chloe's leukemia, what if it's something having to do with Dan's tremors too? The return of Nancy is what is leading me to think it's something wrong with Chloe...but realistically we know Tomlin's love for all things Dan, so I wouldn't be surprised if they do go with a Chloe leukemia story that it ends up being more about Parker curing Dan's tremors and having him be revealed to be his son while Chloe dies and Dan and Jen raise Parker as their own.

specialcases
Member Avatar

six
If that child doesn't come back with a tan instead of dimples, I'll be stunned.
:roflol:

annie21

specialcases
Nov 27 2012, 01:12 PM
six
If that child doesn't come back with a tan instead of dimples, I'll be stunned.
:roflol:
Awww! A wittle Baby Orange. Should we call him Clementine? Or maybe Kumquat?

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

And we'll love him and hold him and pet him and we shall call him Tangelo.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

The new Parker recast:

Posted Image

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

LuvingLumi
Nov 27 2012, 12:00 PM
six
ntsh69
six
Although I've had my suspicions that they might have a story that involves the return of Chloe's leukemia, what if it's something having to do with Dan's tremors too? The return of Nancy is what is leading me to think it's something wrong with Chloe...but realistically we know Tomlin's love for all things Dan, so I wouldn't be surprised if they do go with a Chloe leukemia story that it ends up being more about Parker curing Dan's tremors and having him be revealed to be his son while Chloe dies and Dan and Jen raise Parker as their own.
I have to say I second what you stated in your banner. Enough said. :D

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

LuvingLumi
Nov 27 2012, 12:00 PM
six
ntsh69
six
If this happens, I am done with DAYS until new writers are hired and/or SC is fired.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply