Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
It's Love for Sonny and Will; Airs the week of November 19th
Topic Started: Nov 15 2012, 02:18 PM (4,475 Views)
annie21

Will is still reeling from the news he just got from Gabi. So no matter how happy he might be to learn about Sonny's feelings or how relieved he is that his dad is coming around, he's going to be too distracted by this secret to be able to enjoy it. And we know where this is going, right? Sonny will sense something is wrong but won't be able to figure it out and he will assume Will doesn't reciprocate his feelings. And if he starts seeing Will and Gabi together and talking in hushed tones, Sonny will be hurt and confused, etc, etc, etc. Basically, no matter how they slice it, Sonny will end up being hurt the most.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Will&Sonny

Partnersincrime
Nov 15 2012, 04:07 PM
we do not what happen offscreen because from some reason lucas knew about bryan they never explain how knew about him
Lucas had prior knowledge of Brian; at the very least, Will was with Neil and Brian at a gay bar on the night of Stefano's "murder".

michr544125

I think its kind of sweet that Sonny tells Lucas first. I read that article and it seems Sonny tells Lucas because he wants Lucas to understand what him and Will have is for real and that he's not using Will. After how Lucas reacted before I get where Sonny is coming from now that him and Will are in a sexual relationship. I think this will probably get Will to say the words back to Sonny first. At least there is build up to Will and Sonny vs. Nick and Gabi that met like three weeks ago and just said it to each other. I'm glad that Lucas starts coming around after he hears Sonny say that he loves Will. Can't wait for Will and Sonny to say it to each other. Is it too much to hope for that it leads to another love scene? Ok probably not but I can always hope.
Edited by michr544125, Nov 15 2012, 06:09 PM.

supercool74
Member Avatar

annie21
Nov 15 2012, 05:16 PM
Will is still reeling from the news he just got from Gabi. So no matter how happy he might be to learn about Sonny's feelings or how relieved he is that his dad is coming around, he's going to be too distracted by this secret to be able to enjoy it. And we know where this is going, right? Sonny will sense something is wrong but won't be able to figure it out and he will assume Will doesn't reciprocate his feelings. And if he starts seeing Will and Gabi together and talking in hushed tones, Sonny will be hurt and confused, etc, etc, etc. Basically, no matter how they slice it, Sonny will end up being hurt the most.

That is a very likely scenario. I was thinking maybe right when Will was going to say he loved Sonny that that would be the time Sonny found out about the baby...but I think it is too soon for that. This kind of seems more likely. Why would Will hear this from Lucas before Sonny gets a chance to tell him. Seems like something will get in the way of the "I love you's". But maybe not. It just seems odd that they would go about it this way. I guess it is an excuse for Lucas to be the good guy again...but it kind of sucks if this is how Will finds out. I wanted him to hear it from Sonny first. It's weird.

Ilovecandy
Member Avatar

annie21

except the picture you painting is good drama and this is Days after all but I agree Sonny would get hurt no matter what

michr544125

supercool74
Nov 15 2012, 06:18 PM
annie21

That is a very likely scenario. I was thinking maybe right when Will was going to say he loved Sonny that that would be the time Sonny found out about the baby...but I think it is too soon for that. This kind of seems more likely. Why would Will hear this from Lucas before Sonny gets a chance to tell him. Seems like something will get in the way of the "I love you's". But maybe not. It just seems odd that they would go about it this way. I guess it is an excuse for Lucas to be the good guy again...but it kind of sucks if this is how Will finds out. I wanted him to hear it from Sonny first. It's weird.
I though the "I love you" would be at the wedding. But that is so far ahead I am not sure it would stretch that much. I think it's Nick and Gabi at the altar. Then Chad interrupts with the truth that Nick isn't the baby's father but instead Will is. He may think Will doesn't know and thinks he's been deceived this whole time. Then I can see Sonny devastated that Will lied to him and Will saying he did it because he loves Sonny and was scared he'd lose him or something like that.
Edited by michr544125, Nov 15 2012, 06:39 PM.

supercool74
Member Avatar

michr544125
Nov 15 2012, 06:37 PM
supercool74
Nov 15 2012, 06:18 PM
annie21

I though the "I love you" would be at the wedding. But that is so far ahead I am not sure it would stretch that much. I think it's Nick and Gabi at the altar. Then Chad interrupts with the truth that Nick isn't the baby's father but instead Will is. He may think Will doesn't know and thinks he's been deceived this whole time. Then I can see Sonny devastated that Will lied to him and Will saying he did it because he loves Sonny and was scared he'd lose him or something like that.
That wedding is still a long ways off so I can't imagine they are going to wait that long for I love you's. I just don't know how this is going to go...and I kind of like that because it isn't quite as predictable as the pregnancy was. Will is going to know that Sonny loves him....so what next? I'm very anxious to find out. Either we get some reciprocation right away (which will make my happy) or we get something to get in the way (which will be frustrating, but will cause angst and maybe a bigger payoff later on). I'm torn. Loving WilSon right now.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

I think Sonny declaring his love is probably the motivation for Will to keep the paternity a secret from him. Telling Sonny about the his pending offspring would be the mature and rational thing for Will to do. I would be pleasantly surprised if that happened; but there is far too much drama to milk by not telling him. I don't see these writers passing up that opportunity.

ADJ

Hi, I'm new and WiSon has brought me back to days. Is there any indication that Will feels the same or that he will Tell Sonny he loves him?

Ilovecandy
Member Avatar

ADJ
Nov 16 2012, 04:59 PM
Hi, I'm new and WiSon has brought me back to days. Is there any indication that Will feels the same or that he will Tell Sonny he loves him?
Hi, Welcome and no I dont think Will feel the same way for Sonny

michr544125

ADJ
Will basically told Sonny he's in love with him during their after glow. He all but said the actual words. So yes, I do believe he's in love with Sonny and why he probably won't tell him the truth about the baby. He's scared Sonny will leave him.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

ADJ
I think Will likes how he feels when he's around Sonny and how Sonny makes him feel. I'm just not certain Will is capable of recognizing love, let alone actually allowing himself to love someone else.

supercool74
Member Avatar

ADJ
Of course you are going to get varying answers. ;) I think Will is in love with Sonny. But then I am a huge fan of WilSon, while others here are more fans of Sonny, and not so much Will....or vise versa. I just know that the way that Will was looking at Sonny in their afterglow....that to me looked like love. And like what was said upthread...he almost all but said it. But like I said...I'm biased. :wub2: Since this is already discussing spoilers I wanted to point out from Monday's scenes...Gabi mentions that Will is in love with Sonny and a lot of people are unhappy with Will's non-reaction. I've thought about it and I think it is more that it is kind of a given and that is why he doesn't react. If he wasn't in love with Sonny, I would think he would correct her. I know if someone said I was in love with someone and I didn't actually feel that way I would speak up.

elci525
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Nov 15 2012, 04:26 PM
Partnersincrime
Nov 15 2012, 03:40 PM
Will&Sonny
Nov 15 2012, 03:30 PM
I'm not happy about the fact that Lucas is apparently going to tell Will that Sonny loves him before Sonny gets to tell Will himself, and this scene isn't going to magically change my opinion that Lucas is still upset about the fact that Will is gay, but it's a start. I think he's going to change his story again as soon as he finds out that Gabi is pregnant with Will's child.

Hopefully, there are additional scenes between Will and Sonny that this preview isn't mentioning.
but yet T can magically change About will being gay and become wilson matcmaker
The difference is that T never flip-flopped between two different behaviors. First he was blatantly homophobic, then he slowly learned to accept it (to an extent; he still makes comments about how weird it is to be playing matchmaker to two guys, but it's not malicious anymore). He's also shown real guilt about his past behavior (in the scene with Audrey and Will in the pub, he could barely look Will in the eyes when Audrey was talking about how some of her brother's so-called friends had treated him).

Lucas, on the other hand, has flip-flopped...more than once. First he was surprised, but supportive, then he flipped out after he saw Will and Sonny kissing in public, then he gave some lame "it's my problem, not yours" excuse/apology and everything was okay again, then he learned that Will was at Sonny's apartment and rushed over there like a barbarian so that he could stop whatever "sick" things he was imagining that Sonny was doing to Will (and at that point, Lucas knew nothing about the shipping address mishap, so his excuse that he was only trying to protect Will from a player doesn't work for me), then he confronted Sonny, then he warned Will that Sonny was using him, then he continued to defend his opinion in scenes with Sami and Will, and now simply hearing three little words from Sonny is suddenly going to make everything all right? I don't buy it.

I like Lucas. I like Bryan. I don't think that Lucas is a bad person, per se. However, I can only go by what's happening on-screen, and on-screen, Lucas is coming across as a homophobic father who doesn't want his son to be gay but doesn't want to actually admit that he has a problem with it. I can't ignore that, and it's going to take more than one scene to convince me that Lucas has changed his mind. If he finds out about Gabi's pregnancy (and the fact that Will is the father) and still completely supports Will and Sonny's relationship, then I might be willing to believe that he's changed. But I don't think that's going to happen.
This makes little sense to me. T's 180 from homophobic to accepting/slightly-guilty gels, but Lucas going through the vagaries of "acceptance" of his son being gay and all that that means, is something harder to take? I have hated this writing for Lucas. I realize I can't blame everything on the writing, and we are talking about characters here, characters that exist as characters in a vacuum independent of the forces creating them. But, I dunno y'all, I think the fact that Lucas's reaction/emotions/behaviors recently in this s/l are so all over the map, is b/c they are soo definitely inorganic. I think it's precisely that the writers do not know what to do with him, need there to be some "bad guy", I guess, for Wilson, need to set up Wilson angst esp. w/the Wabi baby reveal imminent, and Lucas isn't really doing anything anyway, that he is filling that slot right now. It's hard to pin down what the hell Lucas is thinking b/c it's hard to pin down why the hell this writing for him has been so schizophrenic.

So, yeah, the Lucas from last Spring would have had no doubt or question that Sonny loves Will. But that Lucas is long gone and forgotten now, so I guess we need to pretend like those exchanges never happened. So what do we have to work with here? A father whom I have no doubt loves his son deeply and eternally, wants the best for Will, wants to protect Will, wants his son to be happy, is still in some ways getting to know this adult version of Will, a son he fought so hard to be able to have a relationship with, went to jail to save, etc. So we have a father who loves his son, but maybe still feels like a bit of a stranger or outsider in his life. Then you throw into the mix that Will is gay, so that creates a new sort of challenge for Lucas. If we are going to buy this character motivation that Lucas was supportive of Will's being gay in May but is now having a difficult time accepting, as that thing of where it's easier to be ok with something in the abstract but not when manifested or concretized, I think we can maybe chalk it up to Lucas being on rather unsteady footing around grown-up Will. Add to that the very real possibility that Lucas has genuine discomfort confronting the fact that, as a gay man, Will will engage in a physical relationship with another gay man. But he loves his son, wants him to do what makes him happy, and will accept his son really no matter what. That is a paradox that would be difficult for anyone to square within himself. And maybe Lucas doesn't want to fully admit to himself that he has a problem seeing Will be physical with a man, b/c that is an ugly thought (albeit honest, maybe) that he doesn't want to think he's capable of. And being a bit of hot head as Lucas is, he comes up with these defenses and excuses (it's what we do to rationalize the irrational, or in this case to try to make ridiculous writing fly). And if we are forgetting most of what happened between Lucas and Sonny a few months ago, as it seems the writers want us to do, then I will accept that Lucas does not know Sonny's feelings/intentions, and as someone who has been out of the closet for longer, might be putting Will in a situation where he will get hurt or be rushed or something. Whatever. But if hearing from Sonny that he loves Will really stops Lucas in his tracks, I think that is telling. You may not think it will stick, and with these writers who seem to want to portray Lucas as someone as fickle as Sami's oh-so-desired heartstrings, I don't blame you. But it's a start, and one that I don't think Lucas will soon forget or dismiss. His turnaround is no more believable or not believable, plausible or not plausible than T's -- I wonder why Lucas's 180 from acceptance to discomfort is not met with more incredulity.

As for Lucas telling Will Sonny loves him, whatever. I don't think this is an OH SO TERRIBLE THING FOR LUCAS TO DO AND HOW DARE HE AND WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIM AND THE NERVE OF THAT GUY! We will have to see how it plays out. But my gut (or wishfully-thinking heart and brain) tells me he might reveal this to Will thinking Sonny has already told him. I take it as a father admitting a mistake to his son, admitting this relationship is serious and real in a way he didn't stop to think to imagine (even though he has conveyed his positive feelings about Sonny's feelings for Will before, but whatever), and trying to make small strides towards repairing a relationship. Would it have been nicer for Will and Sonny to be the first ones to utter love to each other? Sure, but I have no doubt it is coming soon. And right now there are other factors bound up in Wilson anyway, like Lucas. And as someone already suggested, this is probably set up for Will keeping the Wabi baby paternity a secret for longer.

As to how Lucas will react once he learns Will slept with Gabi and knocked her up, I am cringing guessing what might happen. We'll have to wait and see how long this manifestation of Lucas's attitude lasts (and I have no faith in these writers), but this is a first step and one that I at least think should be considered/recognized. Lucas may be many unpleasant things. But all those supposedly unpleasant things make him utterly human and flawed, and ultimately compelling to me. We'll see how it plays out, but I am not giving up on my guy just yet.

As for Wilson, they haven't been my fave, mainly because I am practically loathing Will right now, but I am very happy Sonny feels that way about Will (even if I don't love him). I look forward to when Will and Sonny do say their I love you's right to each other.
Edited by elci525, Nov 17 2012, 02:08 AM.

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

lumifan4life
Nov 15 2012, 02:59 PM
LuvingLumi
Nov 15 2012, 02:55 PM
I love the fact that Lucas actually tells Will....if Lucas was truly out to hate on both of them because he disapproved of their relationship, he could have told him that he spoke to Sonny and Sonny told him that what he feels for Will isn't love. But this proves to both, that finally it's not about Lucas not wanting his son to be happy, or not wanting him to be in a gay relationship, it was Lucas being overprotective Lucas...where the lies always are fresh and hurt and that is not what he wanted for his son...
I truly think Lucas's feelings are masked by how he feels about Sami and the fact that she used him this latest go around. He's still heartbroken over that and does not want to see his son go through the same thing. I think when he hears Sonny say he loves Will, he realizes it's not the same. Remember Lucas was confessing love to Sami this go around but she wasn't saying it back. The raw hurt over that coupled with being worried about Will all adds up to this.

I also like that Lucas tells Will that Sonny loves him. If he had kept that piece of info to himself or something else, then it would have seemed like Lucas did not want Will to be with Sonny regardless of whether he loved him or not. Then it really would have been perceived as being about the gay issue, which we now know it's not.
I completely agree. Nice to see that Lucas doesn't care about Will being gay, and as everyone said, Lucas would have truly reacted the same way if Will was with a girl. We remember that he disapporved of Mia. Lucas has had a bad love life, and truly wants his son to be happy. I'm glad about this. Sami also no doubt had something to do with Lucas' feelings on WilSon.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

supercool74
Nov 17 2012, 12:28 AM
ADJ
Of course you are going to get varying answers. ;) I think Will is in love with Sonny. But then I am a huge fan of WilSon, while others here are more fans of Sonny, and not so much Will....or vise versa. I just know that the way that Will was looking at Sonny in their afterglow....that to me looked like love. And like what was said upthread...he almost all but said it. But like I said...I'm biased. :wub2: Since this is already discussing spoilers I wanted to point out from Monday's scenes...Gabi mentions that Will is in love with Sonny and a lot of people are unhappy with Will's non-reaction. I've thought about it and I think it is more that it is kind of a given and that is why he doesn't react. If he wasn't in love with Sonny, I would think he would correct her. I know if someone said I was in love with someone and I didn't actually feel that way I would speak up.
I think you make a good point, if he wasn't in love with Sonny, he'd say so. But I still think Will is going to have a difficult time opening himself up and making himself vulnerable to really say the words. He's got layers of damage from his childhood, and he's got Lucas whispering in his ear and he's got Gabi and his crisis - he's dealing with a great deal. But I do think ultimately, he does love Sonny. He was blissful when he was with him during the love scene.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Nov 17 2012, 04:00 PM
supercool74
Nov 17 2012, 12:28 AM
ADJ
I think you make a good point, if he wasn't in love with Sonny, he'd say so. But I still think Will is going to have a difficult time opening himself up and making himself vulnerable to really say the words. He's got layers of damage from his childhood, and he's got Lucas whispering in his ear and he's got Gabi and his crisis - he's dealing with a great deal. But I do think ultimately, he does love Sonny. He was blissful when he was with him during the love scene.
Sonny is Will's escape from all of the craziness in Will's life. He grounds Will. He is Will's rock. Will probably thinks Sonny is the only normal and stable person in his life and he wants to hang onto that for as long as possible. I'm not sure what Sonny sees in Will other than someone he has grown attached to and someone he trusts. We'll see if their love shack is made from straw or wood or brick when the big, bad wolf comes huffing and puffing and squeezes out Will Jr.. in six months or so.

jackjenfan
Member Avatar

I'm happy that Lucus's reaction to Will's relationship was from real concern that he wasn't with someone who cared about him, and that he's actually not against him for being gay. I think Lucus telling Will that Sonny loves him is important, it shows approval from Lucus and I think Will was really looking for that from him.

lumifan4life

jackjenfan
Nov 17 2012, 07:23 PM
I'm happy that Lucus's reaction to Will's relationship was from real concern that he wasn't with someone who cared about him, and that he's actually not against him for being gay. I think Lucus telling Will that Sonny loves him is important, it shows approval from Lucus and I think Will was really looking for that from him.
Exactly. Obviously the scene is not meant to be about Sonny's declaration of love but about Lucas proving to Will that he approves of Sonny now that he know he loves Will. It's mentioned in the article that Will is surprised that Lucas tells him not because he thinks he should hear it from Sonny, but because he didn't think his father approved of Sonny no matter what. Lucas basically thought Sonny was using Will but because he couldn't articulate that fact in a manner that made sense, he was naturally perceived as homophobic. If he was really against WilSon because they are gay, he would have kept the info that Sonny loves Will to himself and I think Will realizes that in this scene.
Edited by lumifan4life, Nov 17 2012, 07:32 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply