Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, November 16th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 15 2012, 03:01 PM (8,398 Views)
The Scorpion
Member Avatar

I really like this, Out with the boring and in with the interesting and entertaining, Sami and Eric great sibling chemistry, Nicole and Eric good chemistry, Kristen and Brady interesting, EJ and Sami are still topnotch!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Helpless Romantic
Nov 15 2012, 03:58 PM
MarDar were CLEARLY setting up EJAMI fast forward a few months and with TomSell its EXACTLY the same shit. Why the need to change writers then is my question?
Why would you think the decision to change writers had anything to do with whether or not they were planning to write for Ejami? There's lots of reasons to change writers that have nothing to do with storyline direction (budget, poor execution of stories, personality conflicts, etc.), let alone the storyline direction for just one couple.

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

I am really enjoying the ericole stuff already. I think its a nice change to see nicole really be honest with someone. Plus gv and az look hotttt together

camera shy

DanishDoolFan
Nov 15 2012, 03:27 PM
Ej is a gross piece of shit. Sami can have him- oh wait.. She doesnt want him!! Ha! What a waste of James' good looks. From now on im gonna have to ff threw all his scenes.. Oh well, Greg Vaughn is here ;) thanks for the write up.
Ha, it's a shame EJ doesn't know that Nicole tried to put his pathetic ass in prison. And he already wrong about Brady and Rafe and Daniel not forgiving her, they already have. EJ always like to get cocky with Nicole when he thinks he's one step away from getting his hands on the pork chop and he'll be the one all alone when Safe finally makes up and Sami can't get away from him quick enough.

Helpless Romantic

tomsawyer
Nov 15 2012, 04:41 PM
Helpless Romantic
MarDar were CLEARLY setting up EJAMI fast forward a few months and with TomSell its EXACTLY the same shit. Why the need to change writers then is my question?
Why would you think the decision to change writers had anything to do with whether or not they were planning to write for Ejami? There's lots of reasons to change writers that have nothing to do with storyline direction (budget, poor execution of stories, personality conflicts, etc.), let alone the storyline direction for just one couple.
The point I was making is there is no difference to what the head honchos want. EJ and Sami are still on 4 0ut of 5 days a week and drive stories no different than with MarDar and So I see no point to change the writers if the ultimate story directions will be the same. I am not saying there werent other factors for their firing but in the last 5 to 6 years no matter who was writting the sls were focussed on the same 2 characters with the same results so all I am saying is that at this point there was no need to change the writers who are obviously told what to do anyways. This lack of balance is really hurting the show IMHO.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Nov 15 2012, 04:51 PM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Helpless Romantic
Nov 15 2012, 04:47 PM
tomsawyer
Helpless Romantic
The point I was making is there is no difference to what the head honchos want. EJ and Sami are still on 4 0ut of 5 days a week and drive stories
I have to disagree on that. It's been quite a while since we've seen EJ and Sami share any screen time together (until this episode) and for the past couple of weeks when they have been on they've been supporting players in other stories (Sami with Gabi and/or Marlena; EJ with Kristen and in the background of Nicole's drama). They are not spoiled to be on - either together or separate - at all next week. It seems clear to me they are not presently driving or really even involved much in any of the front burner storylines.

annie21

Quote:

EJ says you are really jealous of jennifer horton she is so sweet and nice, so kind,

Et tu, EJ? I seem to recall you singing a different tune back during the mayoral race when Jennifer was sneaking around the DiMera mansion with Abe and was ultimately arrested for her scheming. Oh, wait, that was MaDar's stuff so we're just supposed to forget about that. EJ obviously has.

Edited by annie21, Nov 15 2012, 04:53 PM.

Helpless Romantic

SocRMum1
Nov 15 2012, 04:51 PM
Helpless Romantic
Nov 15 2012, 04:47 PM
tomsawyer
Helpless Romantic
The point I was making is there is no difference to what the head honchos want. EJ and Sami are still on 4 0ut of 5 days a week and drive stories
I have to disagree on that. It's been quite a while since we've seen EJ and Sami share any screen time together (until this episode) and for the past couple of weeks when they have been on they've been supporting players in other stories (Sami with Gabi and/or Marlena; EJ with Kristen and in the background of Nicole's drama). They are not spoiled to be on - either together or separate - at all next week. It seems clear to me they are not presently driving or really even involved much in any of the front burner storylines.
I'm not just talking about EJAMI scenes by themselves but also with other charactrers. My point still stands that they drive the sls and Kristen and everyone else are secondary to them. I also have to disagree that they have not been in orbit regardless of Nicole Lucas or now Rafe again. They were thrown back in orbit after the hate boink last year and that has continued and will to the present and based on spoilers the future. It has been EJ Sami Lucas and now its EJ Sami Rafe Lucas who have no other love interests and are redused to pinning after her while EJ and Sami "grow closer" while working together. Also they purposely wanted to make the triangle even so they had Sami make a huge deal over Rafe's lie while she still acts stupid around EJ and every scene SAFE have had since the writer change EJ was not far behind. So yes the merry go round has continued and EJAMI have been sharing scenes regularly since the hate boink last November and been on 4 0ut of 5 days a week whether sharing scenes together or with other characters which is again what my point is.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Nov 15 2012, 05:09 PM.

Tibi
Member Avatar

LOL, Seriously EJ? I mean really??? You have the nerve to act all self-righteous and like you're any better. You keep getting rejected over and over, and you still keep trying. And with Sami of all people, I mean really? Sami? At least Nicole has better taste and chases people who are actually kind of hot and worth chasing. You are chasing Sami & getting rejected by her stupid skank ass, I mean it would be comical if it wasn't so damn pathetic. :drunk:

Harmony233

Tibi
Nov 15 2012, 05:04 PM
LOL, Seriously EJ? I mean really??? You have the nerve to act all self-righteous and like you're any better. You keep getting rejected over and over, and you still keep trying. And with Sami of all people, I mean really? Sami? At least Nicole has better taste and chases people who are actually kind of hot and worth chasing. You are chasing Sami & getting rejected by her stupid skank ass, I mean it would be comical if it wasn't so damn pathetic. :drunk:
LOL I know really didn't think I could hate EJ anymore than I do

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

Sami was hilarious with Eric. I'm going to enjoy their sibling relationship.

EJ was COLD BLOODED with Nicole but it needed to be said. I love Nik but that's how I feel. There was nothing EJ could do that would match the hell she is going through and it's mostly by her own hand. He has washed his hands of her. I don't blame him. I like that Eric is there for her. If Nicole is going to make a comeback she needs the right person to help her along. I think she has that guy now. It'll be a tough journey but she'll get there.

I'm :chee: over the Bristen stuff. They are HAWT!!

Ejami finally has a scene together in what feels like forever. Oh, those crazy kids. :wub: I know I'm going to enjoy their new working relationship. I know EJ said "There is no us." to Sami but I bet there was a "...yet" in his mind. :laugh: I can't wait!

camera shy

EJ and Sami working together is just a rehash of Ejole working together.

concerned
Member Avatar

camera shy
Nov 15 2012, 05:38 PM
Yay So I can expect some EJ /Nicole griefsex prior to Xmas.........

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

camera shy
EJ and Sami worked together before. I believe in 2006/2007?
ETA: at Mythic in 2006
Edited by EJ_SamiFF, Nov 15 2012, 05:49 PM.

rfsexton
Member Avatar
Queen of Texas

I really don't like Ejerk being Sami's boss. I don't trust him at all.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

The big takeaway from this for me is that I already like Greg Vaughn in this role. In the clip posted, he just feels...right. Charismatic. I'm comfortable with the destruction of Ejole for the sake of Ericole. I love James Scott, but E.J. is, as another member aptly noted, a "gross piece of shit". He's downright vile. That doesn't mean I want to see E.J. leave (definitely not), but I do want to indulge in the schadenfreude of watching him sink his chances with Sami yet again (because that's almost certainly how this thing is going to play out). I want Nicole to be in a better place, and with Eric that is much more likely - and his status as a priest means that even though he's a "good guy", there's an increased likelihood that their dynamics will be steamy and scandalous instead of the usual boring dreck that accompanies "good guys" on this show. A lot of people will have very strong opinions about them if they start falling back in love and the whole thing has plenty of potential.

spartan
Member Avatar

camera shy
Except that EJ and Sami worked together at Mythic in 2006.

Besides, how can you say it's a rehash when you haven't seen how the dynamics and storyline play out? If it's solely based on "working together", then EJole was the rehash.

I liked EJami working together way back when. Hopefully it'll be fun again this time around. I wish their first order of business would be christening a desk, but I guess deals in Japan will work for now.

I'm intrigued by Kristen/Brady.

spartan
Member Avatar

CherishLuvsEJ
Nov 15 2012, 05:45 PM
camera shy
EJ and Sami worked together before. I believe in 2006/2007?
ETA: at Mythic in 2006
Whoops! Should've read through before posting.

concerned
Member Avatar

concerned
Nov 15 2012, 05:44 PM
camera shy
Yay So I can expect some EJ /Nicole griefsex prior to Xmas.........
I'm just not sure what Nicole is going to use as leverage when Johnny turns up to blackmail her.. that kid has led an exemplary life.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

camera shy
True but the show has undercut its options with most of these pairings. Sami/Rafe = boring, E.J./Sami = pathetic/sadistic/too much baggage, E.J./Nicole = much the same as E.J./Sami, Daniel/anyone = with the exception of Chloe a total nonstarter, Nicole/Brady = played out and nothing there beyond half-hearted friendship. There is very little that can be done with the people in this age group that is either convincing or innovative. That is why the prospect of E.J./Abby was so invigorating...it's just so fresh, new, bold, unforeseen. Eric's return brings some potential new excitement for Nicole. But Sami's only options are Rafe, E.J. and Lucas and they're all kind of painted into a corner by now. Brady isn't an option for her, Eric obviously isn't...so who's left? Daniel? Oh, gross. Sorry I even said it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply