Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, November 16th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 15 2012, 03:01 PM (8,384 Views)
rfsexton
Member Avatar
Queen of Texas

I see some people want an Eric/Nicole pairing. I don't. For once, TV needs to respect religion.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

What's up with Marlena and Sami?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

I like Kristen and Brady's interactions but I do feel a bit badly for Brady...he's trying very hard to come across as a reliable and fearsome protector of his family, but increasingly he sounds almost as hysterical as Marlena. He's almost rabid in his hatred of her. Not that he doesn't have good reason, but...yeah.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

rfsexton
Nov 15 2012, 06:04 PM
I see some people want an Eric/Nicole pairing. I don't. For once, TV needs to respect religion.
I understand where you're coming from but this is a soap and the genre by nature thrives on scandal and shocking/dramatic/illicit/complicated romantic relations.

Didn't something like this happen on Sunset Beach way back when with the character of Antonio who was a priest? He was in love with his brother Ricardo's wife Gabi? The heart wants what the heart wants...

jaygal
Member Avatar

Antonio :wub2:

rfsexton
Member Avatar
Queen of Texas

JessicaLeigh
Nov 15 2012, 06:07 PM
rfsexton
Nov 15 2012, 06:04 PM
I understand where you're coming from but this is a soap and the genre by nature thrives on scandal and shocking/dramatic/illicit/complicated romantic relations.

Didn't something like this happen on Sunset Beach way back when with the character of Antonio who was a priest? He was in love with his brother Ricardo's wife Gabi? The heart wants what the heart wants...
Scandal has always sold... Gossip mags are evidence of that. Just because they can does not mean they should.

NicoleLVR

Really EJ? I can't even believe that he actually had the audacity to refer to his and Nicole children as 'your dead babies', I mean dead or not did he really have to kick her while she's down, especially considering the crap he's done to her. And I'm so tired of the sanctimonious crap from all the women in Salem. I mean really Sami of all people has the audacity to call anyone out when she has pulled just as much if not more crap then Nicole, bitch please.

Deleted User
Deleted User

JessicaLeigh
Nov 15 2012, 05:54 PM
The big takeaway from this for me is that I already like Greg Vaughn in this role. In the clip posted, he just feels...right. Charismatic. I'm comfortable with the destruction of Ejole for the sake of Ericole. I love James Scott, but E.J. is, as another member aptly noted, a "gross piece of shit". He's downright vile. That doesn't mean I want to see E.J. leave (definitely not), but I do want to indulge in the schadenfreude of watching him sink his chances with Sami yet again (because that's almost certainly how this thing is going to play out). I want Nicole to be in a better place, and with Eric that is much more likely - and his status as a priest means that even though he's a "good guy", there's an increased likelihood that their dynamics will be steamy and scandalous instead of the usual boring dreck that accompanies "good guys" on this show. A lot of people will have very strong opinions about them if they start falling back in love and the whole thing has plenty of potential.
I'd have been open to Ericole, but the whole dead baby sours my feelings to this show along with the continued destruction of Ejole. :shame: I can't get invested in another pairing or character anymore. If I decided to like Ericole and give them a try who's to say they won't try to destroy them at some point? My trust with this show is pretty much gone for good.

And really if Days wanted to pair Ejole with Brady twins or other people the least they could have done was give the couple proper closure so fans of the couple could move on. I'd have been open to given Ericole a chance, but the fact that they went to such great lengths to destroy a couple that was so much in love shows me that what's on my screen may not matter now and that in the long run there's no point in investing in any pairing on this show, because the writers will have no problem destroying them the second the find a new pairing to obsess over. :shame:
Quote Post Goto Top

NicoleLVR

concerned
Nov 15 2012, 05:59 PM
concerned
Nov 15 2012, 05:44 PM
camera shy
Nov 15 2012, 05:38 PM
EJ and Sami working together is just a rehash of Ejole working together.
Yay So I can expect some EJ /Nicole griefsex prior to Xmas.........
I'm just not sure what Nicole is going to use as leverage when Johnny turns up to blackmail her.. that kid has led an exemplary life.
That he faked having eye cancer the entire time and that his other eye is real. Can you imagine the scandal.
Edited by NicoleLVR, Nov 15 2012, 06:26 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

NicoleLVR
Nov 15 2012, 06:22 PM
Really EJ? I can't even believe that he actually had the audacity to refer to his and Nicole children as 'your dead babies', I mean dead or not did he really have to kick her while she's down, especially considering the crap he's done to her. And I'm so tired of the sanctimonious crap from all the women in Salem. I mean really Sami of all people has the audacity to call anyone out when she has pulled just as much if not more crap then Nicole, bitch please.
It's just the writers further way of destroying Ejole so now they can sell the pairings they're currently obsessed with. There's really no point in investing in any pairing on this show anymore, because no pairing is safe from being so in love one moment to being tossed aside like trash the next moment. :shame:
Quote Post Goto Top

NicoleLVR

Hopeless_Dreamer
Nov 15 2012, 06:27 PM
NicoleLVR
Nov 15 2012, 06:22 PM
It's just the writers further way of destroying Ejole so now they can sell the pairings they're currently obsessed with. There's really no point in investing in any pairing on this show anymore, because no pairing is safe from being so in love one moment to being tossed aside like trash the next moment. :shame:
I am first and foremost a Nicole stan and a Ejole fan second, which means if EJ is going be acting like a self-righteous dick then he can go and have Miss. Piggy because I always want the best for Nicole. And with EJ continuely putting her down and white-washing the crap that Sami does I just no longer care. And it breaks my heart because a year ago everything was going so well for Ejole and to believe that's it been 9 months of nothing just makes me glad that I no longer watch this show.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Hopeless_Dreamer
Nov 15 2012, 06:23 PM
JessicaLeigh
The big takeaway from this for me is that I already like Greg Vaughn in this role. In the clip posted, he just feels...right. Charismatic. I'm comfortable with the destruction of Ejole for the sake of Ericole. I love James Scott, but E.J. is, as another member aptly noted, a "gross piece of shit". He's downright vile. That doesn't mean I want to see E.J. leave (definitely not), but I do want to indulge in the schadenfreude of watching him sink his chances with Sami yet again (because that's almost certainly how this thing is going to play out). I want Nicole to be in a better place, and with Eric that is much more likely - and his status as a priest means that even though he's a "good guy", there's an increased likelihood that their dynamics will be steamy and scandalous instead of the usual boring dreck that accompanies "good guys" on this show. A lot of people will have very strong opinions about them if they start falling back in love and the whole thing has plenty of potential.
I'd have been open to Ericole, but the whole dead baby sours my feelings to this show along with the continued destruction of Ejole. :shame: I can't get invested in another pairing or character anymore. If I decided to like Ericole and give them a try who's to say they won't try to destroy them at some point? My trust with this show is pretty much gone for good.

And really if Days wanted to pair Ejole with Brady twins or other people the least they could have done was give the couple proper closure so fans of the couple could move on. I'd have been open to given Ericole a chance, but the fact that they went to such great lengths to destroy a couple that was so much in love shows me that what's on my screen may not matter now and that in the long run there's no point in investing in any pairing on this show, because the writers will have no problem destroying them the second the find a new pairing to obsess over. :shame:
I do agree that it's hard to trust this show and that they wreck pairs very easily. The last time Ejole were together it was clear that E.J. really loved her. He was besotted with her for probably the first time in their history. The fact that he's so fickle that he can forget all of that now is terribly frustrating. Stefano is a villian but he still has real feelings and it seems E.J. just goes in whatever direction the wind blows. Even though there is a lot of bad blood between Ejole now (and really, that's not exactly new), human beings don't forget such strong feelings so easily. Brady is a good example of that - his friendship with Nicole continues to exist, I think, because of residual memories of a time when they meant a great deal to each other. E.J. drops women so easily and has such little emotional depth in his romantic life and that's why I don't really care anymore about the destruction of Ejole. His reference to "dead babies" in this episode was pretty much it for me. He's just a prick. They don't have to redeem E.J.'s entire character and make him into some sappy "good guy" in order give his attitudes toward his relationships greater complexity, right...?

Anyway...so yeah, the writers may not take Ericole in the direction I want them to, and even if they do, they might just fuck me over again after I've invested myself, but I'm just holding on to any glimmer of something fresh right now.

Deleted User
Deleted User

JessicaLeigh
Nov 15 2012, 06:37 PM
Hopeless_Dreamer
Nov 15 2012, 06:23 PM
JessicaLeigh

I do agree that it's hard to trust this show and that they wreck pairs very easily. The last time Ejole were together it was clear that E.J. really loved her. He was besotted with her for probably the first time in their history. The fact that he's so fickle that he can forget all of that now is terribly frustrating. Stefano is a villian but he still has real feelings and it seems E.J. just goes in whatever direction the wind blows. Even though there is a lot of bad blood between Ejole now (and really, that's not exactly new), human beings don't forget such strong feelings so easily. Brady is a good example of that - his friendship with Nicole continues to exist, I think, because of residual memories of a time when they meant a great deal to each other. E.J. drops women so easily and has such little emotional depth in his romantic life and that's why I don't really care anymore about the destruction of Ejole. His reference to "dead babies" in this episode was pretty much it for me. He's just a prick. They don't have to redeem E.J.'s entire character and make him into some sappy "good guy" in order give his attitudes toward his relationships greater complexity, right...?

Anyway...so yeah, the writers may not take Ericole in the direction I want them to, and even if they do, they might just fuck me over again after I've invested myself, but I'm just holding on to any glimmer of something fresh right now.
That is why I hated when Tomlin was brought back, they don't care about writing for Ej just using him as angst for other pairings while Tomlin props the heck out of his favorites, aka Rafe, Daniel, Jennifer and I'm sure we can add Eric to that list too. I think the reason they can have Brady be there still for Nicole, because tptb don't see them as a threat like they apparently do Ejole. It's okay though, I'm not watching anymore, this show isn't worth my time or energy. :wave:

I truly do wish you the best I just see no reason to hope or invest in this show anymore. If I like another pairing TPTB will no likely destroy it.
Quote Post Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

I know that everyone hates Ej right now. But to be fair, when he talked about her dead babies he seemed to be refering to what she had said at HTS about wanting to be with her babies. There is a lot of anger about him being excluded and I do sense that there is some underlying hurt mixed in somewhere under his nonchalant facade. That was not the worst of what he said to her and by far not the worst thing he has ever done to a woman. Remember when he made Sami tell Johnny she didn't want him anymore? What was uncalled for and disgusting. Ej is a villian and it seems that they are doing everything to reinterate that with his current actions. This is a soap and nobody is irredeemable. If Sami can forgive Ej for the Rafe2 debacle, I am sure that this will be swept under the rug the next time TPTB want to switch things up and give Ejole another go. I just wish that if they insist on putting characters like this front and center that they would give them a better balance. Ej is difficult to watch at the moment.
Edited by MissLola, Nov 15 2012, 07:11 PM.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Nov 15 2012, 05:36 PM
Sami was hilarious with Eric. I'm going to enjoy their sibling relationship.

EJ was COLD BLOODED with Nicole but it needed to be said. I love Nik but that's how I feel. There was nothing EJ could do that would match the hell she is going through and it's mostly by her own hand. He has washed his hands of her. I don't blame him. I like that Eric is there for her. If Nicole is going to make a comeback she needs the right person to help her along. I think she has that guy now. It'll be a tough journey but she'll get there.

I'm :chee: over the Bristen stuff. They are HAWT!!

Ejami finally has a scene together in what feels like forever. Oh, those crazy kids. :wub: I know I'm going to enjoy their new working relationship. I know EJ said "There is no us." to Sami but I bet there was a "...yet" in his mind. :laugh: I can't wait!
Nicole's second baby just died along with what was likely her last chance to have a biological child.EJ knew that the baby was his baby.Nicole's lie about the paternity of the baby does not justify what EJ said to her and I hate that the writers just have her take it without fighting back.EJ has done much worse than lie about paternity.He is a hypocritical sack of sh-t.He is already lying to and manipulating Sami.I am so looking forward to Sami dumping him and I hope Nicole gets to rub that dumping in his face.
Sami is such an ungrateful delusional bit-h.What doe she mean jobs are hard to find.John offered her a job with Basic Black and she turned him down.She is so good at her job that Stefano put Kristen in charge because the company was being run into the ground.
Edited by BeeBee, Nov 15 2012, 07:35 PM.

rfsexton
Member Avatar
Queen of Texas

The way ejerk treated Nicole is without excuse. He is past the point of redemption as a character. I don't think they will be able to fix this character. His crimes and misdeeds continue to heap upon each other. If we were to list all of them, I don't think anyone could continue to say ejerk is right to be paired with anyone.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Dannifer were super special and extra nice today? Dan's sweater was big and the sleeves extra long, it looked weird.
Jennifer is so ignorant. Being so nice and sweet to want to help fix Dan's hand and promising that he won't be alone. SC out played MR in their scenes today. His sexual tension was evident, he could have jumped her then and there. Jennifer was rather neutral. I doubt she consciously realizes that her actions are leading Daniel on. I can't say MR had that sparkle in her eye for Daniel like in the past, their chemistry was not there even if they had a soapy stare moment with each other. I guess TPTB are playing this way until Jennifer is ready to move on with her feelings. Somehow, I don't think Jennifer's JackGrief has yet to come out. I think her being over protective and caring towards Dan is in response to not being there for Jack. I could be 100% wrong... time will tell.
Edited by Dreamer, Nov 15 2012, 08:56 PM.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

rfsexton
Nov 15 2012, 08:13 PM
The way ejerk treated Nicole is without excuse. He is past the point of redemption as a character. I don't think they will be able to fix this character. His crimes and misdeeds continue to heap upon each other. If we were to list all of them, I don't think anyone could continue to say ejerk is right to be paired with anyone.
I'm sorry but Nicole lied to EJ, schemed and used Rafe and Daniel for months to keep him away from his kid. Hell, she tried to get him arrested for killing Stefano and he doesn't even know about that. What she did was wrong. The end. Whatever EJ had to say to her, she had it coming. Nicole is lucky EJ only did a relatively tame (for him) tongue lashing. If it was me, I would have ripped her a new asshole.

concerned
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Nov 15 2012, 08:56 PM
rfsexton
Nov 15 2012, 08:13 PM
I'm sorry but Nicole lied to EJ, schemed and used Rafe and Daniel for months to keep him away from his kid. Hell, she tried to get him arrested for killing Stefano and he doesn't even know about that. What she did was wrong. The end. Whatever EJ had to say to her, she had it coming. Nicole is lucky EJ only did a relatively tame (for him) tongue lashing. If it was me, I would have ripped her a new asshole.
mmmmmmm he often seems to let her get away with her transgressions.

still at the moment he pretty much can't pack a sandwich in a paper bag so what was i expecting.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lazydazes
Member Avatar

ITA that it is time for new pairings. Wilson, ericole, nabi, and kristen/brady are all fresh. At this point, neither ejole, ejami, or dannifer interest me at this point. It`s been a vicious cycle of repetitiveness these last years. And i am more than eager for a change.
As for ejole, i am formerly an ejole fan. But the truth is blatantly evident. The man doesn`t love/want her. He never really has. There`s no justification for his treatment of nicole in tomorrow`s eppy. There aren`t any. As for ejole being destroyed for ericole, eric hasn`t been around during any of the times when ej`s crapped on her. He wasn`t there during the tayho drama nor griefsex. Ejole was ruined way before he entered the canvas. It is past time that nicole has a man that genuinely loves/cares for her. And that man is eric.
ITA that this is tomlin`s way of ending ejole. But long before now, ejole`s last dance has been over for me. I suppose that i`m just ready for a new song to play.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply