Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday , November 19th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 16 2012, 02:23 PM (5,728 Views)
lumifan4life

LonePirate
Nov 16 2012, 04:22 PM
NicoleLVR
Nov 16 2012, 04:16 PM
There's no Nicole, so I won't be watching. I love the irony in this writing, you have a woman who obviously wanted her child(ren) die. But someone who doesn't even want her baby, is probably going to end up having her child. I take back every dirty thing I ever said about MarDar, TomSell are by far the crappiest writers to ever helm DAYS, even worser then Dena and that's saying something.
Other than letting Nicole adopt the Will\Gabi baby, I do not thnk there is any way for TomSell to redeem either story.
Oh please no. I do not want Nicole anywhere near Lumi's grandchild, lol.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Harmony233

lumifan4life
Nov 16 2012, 04:24 PM
LonePirate
NicoleLVR
There's no Nicole, so I won't be watching. I love the irony in this writing, you have a woman who obviously wanted her child(ren) die. But someone who doesn't even want her baby, is probably going to end up having her child. I take back every dirty thing I ever said about MarDar, TomSell are by far the crappiest writers to ever helm DAYS, even worser then Dena and that's saying something.
Other than letting Nicole adopt the Will\Gabi baby, I do not thnk there is any way for TomSell to redeem either story.
nothing quicker will get lumi back to there old scheming ways than nicole adopting there grandchild
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jaygal
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Nov 16 2012, 04:04 PM
Sonny needs to dump his sorry ass and find a man who won't pull crap like that and one who won't sleep with a woman just because he's having a bad day and got his feelings hurt. I better see Brian back in Salem pronto!
You'll get no argument from me. Brian needs to hustle.

lumifan4life

Harmony233
Nov 16 2012, 04:27 PM
lumifan4life
Nov 16 2012, 04:24 PM
LonePirate
NicoleLVR
nothing quicker will get lumi back to there old scheming ways than nicole adopting there grandchild
So true. Nicole better watch out if she even thinks about stealing this baby.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

No to Nicole having anything to do with WABI's baby. Nicole has her own or none, period!

Panda

I wouldn't be surprised to see Eric and Nicole adopt the baby.

lumifan4life

Panda
Nov 16 2012, 04:47 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Eric and Nicole adopt the baby.
I see Safe adopting the Wabi baby before Ericole. Plus I don't see Sami ever letting Nicole near her grandchild.
Edited by lumifan4life, Nov 16 2012, 04:54 PM.

am103
Member Avatar

As much as I would love to see Nicole end up with a child, I don't think anyone in their right mind would let Nicole adopt their baby, after the whole baby switch scheme and what happened with Jennifer. But, this is soap, so who knows?

I do like the Will/Gabi scenes. I like that Will knows about it from the get-go, and I find their conversation especially mature and thoughtful. If Days plays this out the right way, I may actually really enjoy this storyline.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Skye
Nov 16 2012, 02:23 PM
will says did you sleep last night
gabi says no
he says me either
she says sonny was here
he says did you tell him
she says no
he said he knew i had a big problem offered to help
will says there is nothing he could do
she says i dont think he would have offered if he knew that his boy friend knocked me up
Will says i was raised by a mom who told
me that a man has as much responsibility of birth control as a woman
she says and we both took the same amount
of responsibility
he says yeah none
she says now i understand why i have been waking up nauseous
he says morning sickness
she says really bad
nick thinks i have the stomach flu
he says what are they going to think when they find out the truth
she says we could lose both of them
he says if my mom finds out she will murder me
she says i always wanted to be a mom
but not like this
he says i think there is one thing we could do it might be the right thing
do you want to get married

I hope Sonny plays this song for Will after he learns of the crap Will utters in this episode.

rfsexton
Member Avatar
Queen of Texas

Quote:

Gabi says she was in bed thinking last night , thinking of
every possible solution for this
i got up and did some research
she opens her laptop
says i think this is the best solution
for everybody
he looks at the laptop
and says an abortion?

I really hope they don't do an abortion. I firmly believe abortion is legalized murder. People are ready to say it is the woman's body. Well it's the baby's body inside the woman too. :soapbox:

Will&Sonny

I still firmly believe that the "endgame" of this storyline is Will and Sonny raising the baby together, so I don't think that anyone is going to be adopting it. But the storyline has barely started at this point, so...who knows? If that does happen, even with the accelerated taping schedule that Days is on, those scenes probably haven't even been written yet. A lot could change between now and then, I suppose.

Will&Sonny

I hate that Will even offered to marry Gabi, but I'm hoping that it comes across on-screen better than it does in the summary.

I guess that I just don't see what other people are seeing (with regards to Will not being "into" Sonny) because I think that it's clear that the writers want Will and Sonny to be together. I mean, they've only been setting them up as a couple for the past year and a half. If there's any couple on-screen right now (not counting married couples) that is obviously going to be together in the end, it's definitely Will and Sonny, IMO. The rest is just angst to prolong everything and make the final payoff more rewarding.

I suppose that I wouldn't be completely opposed to Will and Sonny each having other boyfriends for a while (or even permanently), if more gay characters actually existed (and I'm not talking about minor characters like Brian; I'm talking about contract characters like Will and Sonny who are actually seen regularly -- Brian could, of course, be one such character, but he isn't currently, and we know that the actor isn't available for that kind of commitment), but I just don't believe that the writers have any intention of breaking Will and Sonny up for any significant length of time.

ShaneDOOLFan

Kristen is starting to show her true colors and as a fan of the original John/Marlena/Kristen storyline from 1995 to 1998, I am loving it. This is one of the storylines I am tuning in for and I am glad they are writing it realistically and not rushed.

Happylover

I think that Gabi should keep the baby Salem needs more kids besides sami's 4 children. Gabi could give the baby to Nicole. :shrug:

lumifan4life

Happylover
Nov 16 2012, 11:25 PM
I think that Gabi should keep the baby Salem needs more kids besides sami's 4 children. Gabi could give the baby to Nicole. :shrug:
Yeah but the baby would still be Sami's grandchild. So either way there's no escaping the fact that the baby is directly related to Sami, lol.

lumifan4life

Will&Sonny
Nov 16 2012, 10:20 PM
I hate that Will even offered to marry Gabi, but I'm hoping that it comes across on-screen better than it does in the summary.

I guess that I just don't see what other people are seeing (with regards to Will not being "into" Sonny) because I think that it's clear that the writers want Will and Sonny to be together. I mean, they've only been setting them up as a couple for the past year and a half. If there's any couple on-screen right now (not counting married couples) that is obviously going to be together in the end, it's definitely Will and Sonny, IMO. The rest is just angst to prolong everything and make the final payoff more rewarding.

I suppose that I wouldn't be completely opposed to Will and Sonny each having other boyfriends for a while (or even permanently), if more gay characters actually existed (and I'm not talking about minor characters like Brian; I'm talking about contract characters like Will and Sonny who are actually seen regularly -- Brian could, of course, be one such character, but he isn't currently, and we know that the actor isn't available for that kind of commitment), but I just don't believe that the writers have any intention of breaking Will and Sonny up for any significant length of time.
I think the lack of other gay characters is the only reason WilSon probably have a chance of surviving. But I see that as the only reason. If this were real life, WIll would be moving on to someone new in about a month. He is very much his mother's son and I see him more as the "love the one you're with" type at least with Sonny. I'm sure Will cares about Sonny but nowhere near the intensity and adoration with which Sonny loves Will. I just don't see it being on equal footing right now. He comes across as caring more about Gabi's distress at this very moment as opposed to protecting and saving his relationship with Sonny. Maybe that will change after he finds out from his dad that Sonny loves him. But as of this episode, I don't see it. However, this is most likely just angst unless they bring on another gay character.
Edited by lumifan4life, Nov 16 2012, 11:50 PM.

annie21

These writers are all about triangles. But since they're unlikely to bring another gay character on in the near future, they're setting Gabi up to be the "third wheel" for Wilson to provide emotional angst and keep the couple apart. Throw in Nick, who is antagonistic to Wilson, and you've got a strange sort of emotional quadrangle -- which is another geometric shape these writers like.

supercool74
Member Avatar

lumifan4life
Nov 16 2012, 11:35 PM
Will&Sonny
Nov 16 2012, 10:20 PM

I think the lack of other gay characters is the only reason WilSon probably have a chance of surviving. But I see that as the only reason. If this were real life, WIll would be moving on to someone new in about a month. He is very much is mother's son and I see him more as the "love the one you're with" type at least with Sonny. I'm sure Will cares about Sonny but nowhere near the intensity and adoration with which Sonny loves Will. I just don't see it being on equal footing right now. He comes across as caring more about Gabi's distress at this very moment as opposed to protecting and saving his relationship with Sonny. Maybe that will change after he finds out from his dad that Sonny loves him. But as of this episode, I don't see it. However, this is most likely just angst unless they bring on another gay character.
Oh, the angst! I really wish Will and Sonny could have had just 1 or 2 more days of happiness before the shit hit the fan. So I saw the scenes for Monday and while Will does not react too much to Gabi saying that he is in love with Sonny...I'm not really upset. I think maybe he just takes it as a given. It's not like he argued that it was too soon for that or anything. I think he is just so concerned about this baby drama that that is really the only thing he can think about right now. As far as thinking Will should be more concerned with Sonny and not "Gabi's distress"...well it's his distress too. He is the father. Maybe not all guys would look at it that way, but from what we've seen so far from Will..he is taking responsibility and to him this really is affecting him. He said he couldn't sleep either..I think it is all he can think about right now. I think the marriage proposal was just Will wanting to do the right thing. We know he isn't in love with Gabi, but he wants to take responsibility and he is young..this was just his way of doing that. It didn't bother me that much. I think he does love Sonny...but he is feeling a lot of guilt and pressure over this baby. I don't expect him to be making goo goo eyes right this second. He's very worried.

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

annie21
Nov 16 2012, 11:51 PM
These writers are all about triangles. But since they're unlikely to bring another gay character on in the near future, they're setting Gabi up to be the "third wheel" for Wilson to provide emotional angst and keep the couple apart. Throw in Nick, who is antagonistic to Wilson, and you've got a strange sort of emotional quadrangle -- which is another geometric shape these writers like.
I don't see Gabi as the third wheel. This is a quadrangle between Will/Gabi/Nick/Sonny. IMO, Wabi's relationship is supposed to provide angst for Nabi and WilSon. Sonny and Nick see Gabi/Will as threats to their respective relationships. And with the Wabi baby on the way (I do not believe there will be an abortion.) The tension is going to get more evident.

NikiLani
Member Avatar

I don't want Nicole to end up with this baby or some other baby that could be ripped from her arms. She has lost her own babies and Sydney. She doesn't need baby #4 taken away from her. I want nicole to have her own child, that's why I wanted her to have this child but TomSell killed him. It may be futile but I hope he is alive somehow.

I think Safe will likely end up with the baby if Gabi doesn't keep it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply