Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday , November 19th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 16 2012, 02:23 PM (5,970 Views)
camera shy

lumifan4life
Nov 16 2012, 11:35 PM
Will&Sonny
Nov 16 2012, 10:20 PM
I hate that Will even offered to marry Gabi, but I'm hoping that it comes across on-screen better than it does in the summary.

I guess that I just don't see what other people are seeing (with regards to Will not being "into" Sonny) because I think that it's clear that the writers want Will and Sonny to be together. I mean, they've only been setting them up as a couple for the past year and a half. If there's any couple on-screen right now (not counting married couples) that is obviously going to be together in the end, it's definitely Will and Sonny, IMO. The rest is just angst to prolong everything and make the final payoff more rewarding.

I suppose that I wouldn't be completely opposed to Will and Sonny each having other boyfriends for a while (or even permanently), if more gay characters actually existed (and I'm not talking about minor characters like Brian; I'm talking about contract characters like Will and Sonny who are actually seen regularly -- Brian could, of course, be one such character, but he isn't currently, and we know that the actor isn't available for that kind of commitment), but I just don't believe that the writers have any intention of breaking Will and Sonny up for any significant length of time.
I think the lack of other gay characters is the only reason WilSon probably have a chance of surviving. But I see that as the only reason. If this were real life, WIll would be moving on to someone new in about a month. He is very much his mother's son and I see him more as the "love the one you're with" type at least with Sonny. I'm sure Will cares about Sonny but nowhere near the intensity and adoration with which Sonny loves Will. I just don't see it being on equal footing right now. He comes across as caring more about Gabi's distress at this very moment as opposed to protecting and saving his relationship with Sonny. Maybe that will change after he finds out from his dad that Sonny loves him. But as of this episode, I don't see it. However, this is most likely just angst unless they bring on another gay character.
Wilson is definitely the new Abe and Lexie, who were never allowed to move out of each other's orbit for long because they were both black and Days' token black couple. Thank god, Wilson has a lot more chemistry than Abe and Lexie ever did because they are going to be together forever on this show.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ilovecandy
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
I hate that Will even offered to marry Gabi, but I'm hoping that it comes across on-screen better than it does in the summary.

I guess that I just don't see what other people are seeing (with regards to Will not being "into" Sonny) because I think that it's clear that the writers want Will and Sonny to be together. I mean, they've only been setting them up as a couple for the past year and a half. If there's any couple on-screen right now (not counting married couples) that is obviously going to be together in the end, it's definitely Will and Sonny, IMO. The rest is just angst to prolong everything and make the final payoff more rewarding.

I suppose that I wouldn't be completely opposed to Will and Sonny each having other boyfriends for a while (or even permanently), if more gay characters actually existed (and I'm not talking about minor characters like Brian; I'm talking about contract characters like Will and Sonny who are actually seen regularly -- Brian could, of course, be one such character, but he isn't currently, and we know that the actor isn't available for that kind of commitment), but I just don't believe that the writers have any intention of breaking Will and Sonny up for any significant length of time.
O I watched it on screen and its worse than it sounds

lumifan4life

camera shy
Nov 17 2012, 04:56 AM
lumifan4life
Nov 16 2012, 11:35 PM
Will&Sonny

I think the lack of other gay characters is the only reason WilSon probably have a chance of surviving. But I see that as the only reason. If this were real life, WIll would be moving on to someone new in about a month. He is very much his mother's son and I see him more as the "love the one you're with" type at least with Sonny. I'm sure Will cares about Sonny but nowhere near the intensity and adoration with which Sonny loves Will. I just don't see it being on equal footing right now. He comes across as caring more about Gabi's distress at this very moment as opposed to protecting and saving his relationship with Sonny. Maybe that will change after he finds out from his dad that Sonny loves him. But as of this episode, I don't see it. However, this is most likely just angst unless they bring on another gay character.
Wilson is definitely the new Abe and Lexie, who were never allowed to move out of each other's orbit for long because they were both black and Days' token black couple. Thank god, Wilson has a lot more chemistry than Abe and Lexie ever did because they are going to be together forever on this show.
That's a good analogy and like I said that's the only reason WilSon might stay together. With Abe/Lexie, Lexie cheated every week but always went back to Abe anyway because like you said they were the token black couple on the show. So even if Will continues to be not so into Sonny and focuses on other things in his life, WilSon still might stay together as the token gay couple. This is very possible.

Ireland98

The Hope, Kayla, Abe, Theo, Cierra scenes sound sweet.

It's nice that Sonny is checking on Gabi.

The Kristen, Brady, Cam scenes are just a repeat of the Rafe, Sami, Cam scenes we saw a few weeks ago. Enough of the muggings!

I get that Will is trying to do the right thing but proposing to Gabi is just laughable.

Sami's getting more airtime with the WABI baby story so far than anyone else involved- there with Gabi when she receives the news she's pregnant and then in this episode she talks to Will, Gabi, and Rafe about it.
Instead of calling it a WABI baby story, it should be called the 'Sami's going to be a grandma' story. :eyeroll:

Harmony233

Ireland98
Nov 17 2012, 03:40 PM
The Hope, Kayla, Abe, Theo, Cierra scenes sound sweet.

It's nice that Sonny is checking on Gabi.

The Kristen, Brady, Cam scenes are just a repeat of the Rafe, Sami, Cam scenes we saw a few weeks ago. Enough of the muggings!

I get that Will is trying to do the right thing but proposing to Gabi is just laughable.

Sami's getting more airtime with the WABI baby story so far than anyone else involved- there with Gabi when she receives the news she's pregnant and then in this episode she talks to Will, Gabi, and Rafe about it.
Instead of calling it a WABI baby story, it should be called the 'Sami's going to be a grandma' story. :eyeroll:
lol did you expect anything differnt sami is in every story

i<3ddjmalways
Member Avatar
What a beautiful couple!

I can't think about Will becoming a father because I am too busy laughing imagining Marlena as a great-grandmother. I just can't believe it. I mean she is a wonderful grandmother to Will and her other grandkids but it's just hard to see her as a great grandmother. She doesn't even look old enough to be a grandmother. I wish all grandmothers looked like her. ;)
I can't even picture Sami as a grandmother. :laugh:

Princessah
Member Avatar

ScorpioQueen
Nov 16 2012, 03:35 PM
She's not going to have an abortion. The drama ends if that happens. They always do this on soaps with teen pregnancies or adult-teen pregnancies. The mother always considers abortion but is ultimately talked out of it. Happened twice on OLTL with Starr and Destiny. If this were real life, I think Gabi would have an abortion. I would and I'm a couple years older than Gabi/Will.

Will proposing is sweet but it wouldn't solve anything and would just create more problems. Not to mention destroy their happiness with Sonny and Nick respectively. Will/Gabi could raise their child without getting married.

Sonny's changed his tune since the previous night. Let's see how he feels when he learns she's carrying his boyfriend's baby lol! :laugh:

I hope Gabi tells Nick she's pregnant soon. I like him being so protective, for all he knows Gabi's cracking from all the stress Chad's causing her. But Chad is the least of Gabi's problems now and Nick's pouncing on Will and Sonny when he has no reason to.

Mimi had an abortion. I dont think Gabi will, but it is possible.

monie1973

I don't like this storyline at all, why did they have to make her pregnant. I am hoping that the test results were mixed up or something and she is not pregnant. Why can't Will and Sonny be happy for a minute without something happening to tear them apart. Will better stop dismissing Sonny, I know he is confused about the pregnancy but don't foreget the man you have at home Will. Sonny, I don't want him to get hurt. Writers you need to fix this and fast.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

I really hope we eventually see Will tell Sonny, Sami and Lucas that he offered to marry Gabi for the sake of the baby. That is the only thing that could make his ridiculous proposal today tolerable from a story or character perspective.

The Brady and Kristen scenes continue to be far more entertaining than I could have ever predicted. I would be content if they continue their banter and antics even if they never hit the sheets together.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Marlena sure was lovin' her breakfast! lol

appleblossom

Cool holiday page. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

I enjoyed today's episode a lot.
My heart burst with those scenes with Theo, Ciara &Co. Those kids are just :wub: I nearly teared up when Theo talked about talking to his mother at night. Also, I loved seeing Kayla and Abe talk too. Abe and Theo needs to be around more.

Bristen was all kinds of hot. THANK YOU to whoever made sure Brady was shirtless/open shirted for most of the epsiode. I am forever in your debt. I saw Kristen take a peek. Yeah, girl. You can have ALL.OF.THAT. :licklips: Marlena is going to look like an idiot when John puts it all together that she deleted those messages. She should have just listened to them first but what do I know. :eyeroll: Marlena keeps playing into Kristen's hands. :laugh:

I thought the teen scene was pretty good. Sonny was a good guy reaching out to Gabi. Nick was overprotective but he loves Gabs. I'm glad they brought up Andrew and Melanie and hope they finally handle that situation. I'm still :toetap: that Gabi didn't pay for that one. I was amazed by how Will and Gabi was trying to handle this situation. It was very realistic and a lot of teens go through similar situations of being pregnant, freaking out and not knowing what to do. Kudos to Will for continuing to be there for Gabi. He's a sweetheart.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Nov 19 2012, 05:59 PM
Marlena is going to look like an idiot when John puts it all together that she deleted those messages. She should have just listened to them first but what do I know. :eyeroll: Marlena keeps playing into Kristen's hands. :laugh:
She already tried to tell him ("John, I have to tell you something"), but that moron is all over the place.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Does anyone else think if this had been real life, beefcake Brady falling like that would have taken Kristen right to the ground? I just don't buy her being able to grab him from falling. Especially in a surprise way like that.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

blueskies
Nov 19 2012, 06:50 PM
Does anyone else think if this had been real life, beefcake Brady falling like that would have taken Kristen right to the ground? I just don't buy her being able to grab him from falling. Especially in a surprise way like that.
and in her high heel shoes.

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

Princessah
Nov 17 2012, 07:13 PM
ScorpioQueen
Nov 16 2012, 03:35 PM
She's not going to have an abortion. The drama ends if that happens. They always do this on soaps with teen pregnancies or adult-teen pregnancies. The mother always considers abortion but is ultimately talked out of it. Happened twice on OLTL with Starr and Destiny. If this were real life, I think Gabi would have an abortion. I would and I'm a couple years older than Gabi/Will.

Will proposing is sweet but it wouldn't solve anything and would just create more problems. Not to mention destroy their happiness with Sonny and Nick respectively. Will/Gabi could raise their child without getting married.

Sonny's changed his tune since the previous night. Let's see how he feels when he learns she's carrying his boyfriend's baby lol! :laugh:

I hope Gabi tells Nick she's pregnant soon. I like him being so protective, for all he knows Gabi's cracking from all the stress Chad's causing her. But Chad is the least of Gabi's problems now and Nick's pouncing on Will and Sonny when he has no reason to.

Mimi had an abortion. I dont think Gabi will, but it is possible.
I don't count Mimi's abortion because it was a plot point to set up Rimi's break up and Rex's exit from the show.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

I thought the scenes with Will and Gabi were so sweet. I love the obvious loving friendship they share. Will offering to marry Gabi was adorable. Awww. Of course it wouldn't be in either of their best interest to get married, but the sentiment was so sweet. I like that Sonny showed up to offer his support of Gabi as a friend too and was happy to hear him mention Gabi sticking up for him and Will to T.

I also enjoyed Sami bursting at the seams with her secret. :P I actually support her decision to fill Rafe in because I think she really was looking out for Gabi. I'm sure she didn't want her alone and Sami knew Rafe would be there for her sister. Gabi is definitely overwhelmed. I also like that Sami showed the maturity to put whatever issues she has with Rafe aside and focus on family. I like this side of her so much better than the brat we were seeing in the past.

Love Brady and Kristen. Oh he is so going to get sucked in! Watch out Brady!!!!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Nov 19 2012, 05:59 PM
I thought the teen scene was pretty good. Sonny was a good guy reaching out to Gabi. Nick was overprotective but he loves Gabs. I'm glad they brought up Andrew and Melanie and hope they finally handle that situation. I'm still :toetap: that Gabi didn't pay for that one. I was amazed by how Will and Gabi was trying to handle this situation. It was very realistic and a lot of teens go through similar situations of being pregnant, freaking out and not knowing what to do. Kudos to Will for continuing to be there for Gabi. He's a sweetheart.
Not that I don't agree with everything you said here, because I do, this part of your post bugged me. You do understand that these characters aren't "teens," and shouldn't be considered any part of a "teen scene." I think it's been established by now that all characters involved in this are in their early-20s. Will and Gabi were the youngest of the bunch, and although they were both only 18 last summer, it's been established that they're at least 20 months ago. Probably 21 by now. Will just had a birthday, which wasn't celebrated. :hmmph:

Anyways, onto my thoughts about today's show...

Kristen and Brady are all kinds of hot. On paper, this pairing shouldn't work. History ruins the pairing. And I don't disagree with that. However, Davidson and Martsolf just have it together and it allows me to forget that Kristen helped raise Brady when he was a little boy. Only on a soap would this be acceptable, LOL.

I'm glad Eric becoming a priest is as much a surprise to the characters as it is this viewer.

I'm hoping Hope being so excited about Bo's quick return means something is going to happen to him. Even if it's off-screen. Something needs to happen to Bo in order to explain Reckell's departure from the show. I don't want to just hear about Bo living in Salem in a happy marriage with Hope. If I can't see it, I'm not interested. I would much rather be told Bo died or went missing off-camera. I know Bope fans may not be for that idea, but I think it's better than only seeing Hope and hearing her explain how happy she and Bo are without ever seeing it. After all, it was Tomlin who decided to rectify Mickey being missing from the screen for so many years. I'm hoping he still feels that way about characters off-screen with one excuse for their absence after another.

Love the bond Tomlin/Whitesell have given Hope and Nick. Especially considering Hope's close relationship with Jessica when she was younger. It allows Hope to be that mother figure she should be to a grown male character if Shawn was around. And it gives Nick someone to confide in, a mother figure, even though Jessica can't be around. And after the way Maggie treated Nick when he was being released, Hope (and Julie) being the one to be Nick's support system is much better.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Nov 19 2012, 07:46 PM.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

I didn't ff anything today. Another solid episode and I loved when Marlena shit her pants when Kristen told John she had called him a number of times.

I actually feel like this is a soap opera, which is just SHOCKING.

concerned
Member Avatar

Hamilton
Nov 19 2012, 07:39 PM
I thought the scenes with Will and Gabi were so sweet. I love the obvious loving friendship they share. Will offering to marry Gabi was adorable. Awww. Of course it wouldn't be in either of their best interest to get married, but the sentiment was so sweet. I like that Sonny showed up to offer his support of Gabi as a friend too and was happy to hear him mention Gabi sticking up for him and Will to T.

I also enjoyed Sami bursting at the seams with her secret. :P I actually support her decision to fill Rafe in because I think she really was looking out for Gabi. I'm sure she didn't want her alone and Sami knew Rafe would be there for her sister. Gabi is definitely overwhelmed. I also like that Sami showed the maturity to put whatever issues she has with Rafe aside and focus on family. I like this side of her so much better than the brat we were seeing in the past.

Love Brady and Kristen. Oh he is so going to get sucked in! Watch out Brady!!!!
More watch out Kristen.... Brady's girls tend to die.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply