Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday , November 19th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 16 2012, 02:23 PM (5,968 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

This thread is to talk about what happened on today's show, what it's not for is to write baiting posts about a couple that wasn't even featured in this episode and why you hate them.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

angie37
Member Avatar

What I'm enjoying most right now is being able to watch the majority of the show without reaching for the remote and pressing the FFWD button so much. It has been ages since I was interested enough to watch at all, much less watch the whole show.

Tomlin/Whitesell may not be perfect, but at least they have made the show not be so centered on one story or one couple/triangle. I'll give them kudos for that if nothing else.

And last but not least, love me some Kristen/Brady {Krady?Bristen?} and glad to see John and Marlena in a story.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

angie37
Nov 19 2012, 08:10 PM
What I'm enjoying most right now is being able to watch the majority of the show without reaching for the remote and pressing the FFWD button so much. It has been ages since I was interested enough to watch at all, much less watch the whole show.

Tomlin/Whitesell may not be perfect, but at least they have made the show not be so centered on one story or one couple/triangle. I'll give them kudos for that if nothing else.
I agree... Even the parts of the show that aren't doing it for me are better written and have more structure to them.

Deleted User
Deleted User

NicoleLVR
Nov 16 2012, 04:16 PM
There's no Nicole, so I won't be watching. I love the irony in this writing, you have a woman who obviously wanted her child(ren) die. But someone who doesn't even want her baby, is probably going to end up having her child. I take back every dirty thing I ever said about MarDar, TomSell are by far the crappiest writers to ever helm DAYS, even worser then Dena and that's saying something.
ITA. :hail: One of the main reasons while I'll continue to boycott. I don't find anything Days that is currently watchable which is why I'll continue to stick with GH. :popcorn:

If I'm going to take a hour out of my hectic schedule I'd like it to be for a show that at least appreciates me as a viewer.
Quote Post Goto Top

nickyj12345
Member Avatar

I love the Martsolf/Hogestyn dynamic is the best thing out of this whole episode!

Davidson and Martsolf are also awesome together. Contentious but fun.

esp13
Member Avatar

Marlena's pajamas totally match the walls of Gabi's room.

Shirtless Brady!! He should always be shirtless.

I like the Brady/Kristen scenes, but ED totally looked like she was about to crack up for a minute.

I still can't believe I'm saying this, but Gabi feels like a real, three dimensional character. So strange.

And I can always count on Sami's hair and wardrobe to ruin an otherwise good episode.

As much as I loved the old Nick, I've grown rather fond of the slightly psycho version we have now. BB can make anything work.

ED looks AMAZING today. Other than Sami, I'm convinced there is a whole new wardrobe team.

I love Hope and Kayla scenes. Even if they are entirely too short.

I love how John never has his phone when Kristen calls. This was all so much easier before cell phones.

Kristen seems to be rendered nearly speechless by the Chest of Magnificence. As she should.

I like Abe's goatee. It's a good look for him.

My, my, my . . . that is a beautiful chest. Brady should never, ever wear a shirt.

I'm not big on kid scenes, but the Theo/Ciara scene was pretty cute.

I just can't help but enjoy the Kristen/Marlena scenes. They are just so damn entertaining.

I love Will asking Gabi to get married. It was really sweet and so ridiculous. But also wonderful just because of the sentiment behind it.

ED cracks me the hell up. That little sneer when Marlena left was awesome. Oh, this is just delicious.

Kenny
Member Avatar

esp13
Nov 19 2012, 10:57 PM
ED cracks me the hell up. That little sneer when Marlena left was awesome.
Best part of the episode!

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Hamilton
Nov 19 2012, 07:39 PM
I thought the scenes with Will and Gabi were so sweet. I love the obvious loving friendship they share. Will offering to marry Gabi was adorable. Awww. Of course it wouldn't be in either of their best interest to get married, but the sentiment was so sweet. I like that Sonny showed up to offer his support of Gabi as a friend too and was happy to hear him mention Gabi sticking up for him and Will to T.

I also enjoyed Sami bursting at the seams with her secret. :P I actually support her decision to fill Rafe in because I think she really was looking out for Gabi. I'm sure she didn't want her alone and Sami knew Rafe would be there for her sister. Gabi is definitely overwhelmed. I also like that Sami showed the maturity to put whatever issues she has with Rafe aside and focus on family. I like this side of her so much better than the brat we were seeing in the past.

Love Brady and Kristen. Oh he is so going to get sucked in! Watch out Brady!!!!
I disagree about Sami.When someone asks you to keep a secret and you agree to do so,you should keep that secret.She had no business hinting to Will or calling Rafe to hint to him or tell him about Gabi's secret.I agree with her attempting to get Gabi to tell Rafe and supporting/checking up on Gabi to make sure she is okay but nothing more.She did not give Gabi a day before butting in with Will and Rafe.
But I must say I agree with your analysis of Will/Gabi as well as Brady/Kristin.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

esp13
Marlena's pajamas totally match the walls of Gabi's room.

Shirtless Brady!! He should always be shirtless.

I like the Brady/Kristen scenes, but ED totally looked like she was about to crack up for a minute.

I still can't believe I'm saying this, but Gabi feels like a real, three dimensional character. So strange.

And I can always count on Sami's hair and wardrobe to ruin an otherwise good episode.

As much as I loved the old Nick, I've grown rather fond of the slightly psycho version we have now. BB can make anything work.

ED looks AMAZING today. Other than Sami, I'm convinced there is a whole new wardrobe team.

I love Hope and Kayla scenes. Even if they are entirely too short.

I love how John never has his phone when Kristen calls. This was all so much easier before cell phones.

Kristen seems to be rendered nearly speechless by the Chest of Magnificence. As she should.

I like Abe's goatee. It's a good look for him.

My, my, my . . . that is a beautiful chest. Brady should never, ever wear a shirt.

I'm not big on kid scenes, but the Theo/Ciara scene was pretty cute.

I just can't help but enjoy the Kristen/Marlena scenes. They are just so damn entertaining.

I love Will asking Gabi to get married. It was really sweet and so ridiculous. But also wonderful just because of the sentiment behind it.

ED cracks me the hell up. That little sneer when Marlena left was awesome. Oh, this is just delicious.

Do you think there are two different people dressing Sami? Sometimes she wears flattering figure skimming clothes with great hair and other times she is wearing the too short too tight dresses/skirts with too much cleavage and terrible hair like today.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

BeeBee
Nov 20 2012, 12:56 AM
Do you think there are two different people dressing Sami? Sometimes she wears flattering figure skimming clothes with great hair and other times she is wearing the too short too tight dresses/skirts with too much cleavage and terrible hair like today.
Maybe one of the two is the Sween herself. Now we can speculate on if it's her who picks out the crappy clothes Sami wears or the stylist... ;)

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Slightly unhinged Nick is awesome, and he indicates to me that this pregnancy story is going to be far more interesting than it would have been without him, that is for sure. I bet BB was lured back partially with the promise of getting some good material.

I didn't hate Will's proposal to Gabi. It was old-fashioned and sweet, and yes, utterly ridiculous. And Gabi has become a three-dimensional character, and I like her refusal. She's the one who dumped Will because he wasn't attracted to her, and it makes sense that she wouldn't go for it. But I do think the proposal indicates that Will wants to be a hands-on father to his child, and it's going to be very difficult to pretend it's not his kid.

The wardrobe has improved a lot in the last few months. I still remember poor Madison's sci-fi sex kitten outfits. Ugh. ED looks amazing.

peaches179

esp13

If they are trying to dress her to look sexy there're failing big time!

blueskies
Member Avatar

I agree with many here, while TomSell aren't perfect, they have gotten a lot of things right. Better history recognition, far fewer missed opportunities, less dropped story lines, etc, etc.

Although, ED's return is what makes the eppis so great. Kristen adds a heck of a lot to the story lines of everyone else. I'm glad MarDar and Higley weren't part of her return writing . Although I semi-wish JER was. I mean, if it were possible.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Kenny
Nov 20 2012, 12:05 AM
esp13
ED cracks me the hell up. That little sneer when Marlena left was awesome.
Best part of the episode!
Lol, I so agree! To funny. I love that we keep getting little hints about Kristen's true feelings and we aren't left thinking she's the next mother Theresa.

esp13
Member Avatar

I wanted to specfically note that I enjoyed the Hope/Abe/Kayla/kids scenes at the Pub. I feel like TomSell has done a much better job of adding these moments that bring some emotion to the show. I'd still prefer it if the scenes were a bit longer and had some deeper emotions, but at this point I'll take what I can get. The history and friendships between these characters means a lot and just having them interact in a natural way brings a depth and a familiarity to the show. They don't have to drive story to be important parts of the canvas and it's nice that the show might seem to be realizing this.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Nov 20 2012, 12:48 AM
Hamilton
Nov 19 2012, 07:39 PM
I thought the scenes with Will and Gabi were so sweet. I love the obvious loving friendship they share. Will offering to marry Gabi was adorable. Awww. Of course it wouldn't be in either of their best interest to get married, but the sentiment was so sweet. I like that Sonny showed up to offer his support of Gabi as a friend too and was happy to hear him mention Gabi sticking up for him and Will to T.

I also enjoyed Sami bursting at the seams with her secret. :P I actually support her decision to fill Rafe in because I think she really was looking out for Gabi. I'm sure she didn't want her alone and Sami knew Rafe would be there for her sister. Gabi is definitely overwhelmed. I also like that Sami showed the maturity to put whatever issues she has with Rafe aside and focus on family. I like this side of her so much better than the brat we were seeing in the past.

Love Brady and Kristen. Oh he is so going to get sucked in! Watch out Brady!!!!
I disagree about Sami.When someone asks you to keep a secret and you agree to do so,you should keep that secret.She had no business hinting to Will or calling Rafe to hint to him or tell him about Gabi's secret.I agree with her attempting to get Gabi to tell Rafe and supporting/checking up on Gabi to make sure she is okay but nothing more.She did not give Gabi a day before butting in with Will and Rafe.
But I must say I agree with your analysis of Will/Gabi as well as Brady/Kristin.
I understand your point completely about a promise is a promise, but then again this is Sami we are talking about. ;) It's very much in keeping with her character to be meddlesome and spill the beans. The woman is an impulsive big mouth. What I like is that even though she is butting in she seems sincere in wanting the best for Gabi rather than just trying to stir up trouble. I find Sami more palatable when she gets in her own way while striving to do the right thing.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

It is so refreshing to find myself enjoying the show as a whole again. Even the stories I'm least interested in are still worth paying attention to. I feel like they are doing a better job of laying ground work that isn't quite as predictable as it's been the past few years. The biggest example of that is the Wabi baby story. At the outset I was sure it would be a typical WTD story - but they've surprised me by not going in that direction at all. I find I'm really enjoying the genuine friendship between Will/Gabi - and their concern for not just themselves but the impact this will have on their partners and families. It's a very realistic reaction. Will's 'proposal' was very sweet but the best part was their shared reaction to it. Nick is giving us just the right amount of over protective, slightly psycho territorialism with Gabi. I loved Sonny's heartfelt offer to help Gabi. And the fact that Sami is a supporting playing just trying to do the best thing for everyone (at least for the moment) is a nice addition. Very well done.

And as excited as I was that Eileen Davidson was returning to the show - I honestly still can't get over what a shot in the arm she's been. I've loved her interactions with every single character across the board - bar none. Even Chad. And I rarely like Chad. She is just fun to watch. And she's making me enjoy Marlena in ways I haven't in years. (DH's delivery of the "Girlfriend - you're going to have to find a new plan b/c this one isn't working for you" or whatever the wording was had me cracking up!) And ED is already generating more heat with Eric Martsolf than I've seen with any of his other pairings and they've really not even started yet!

I loved the Hope/Kayla/Abe/Theo/Ciara scenes. It was nice to hear a discussion about the impact of Lexie's passing months after it's happened. In recent times the show has a tendency to gloss right over even the most tragic losses.

I'm still not thrilled that they seem intent on continuing with the Rafe/Sami/EJ triangle but given the fresh approach we've seen with some of the other stories, I'm cautiously hopeful they may surprise us with that story, as well. And the Nicole/Eric story has all kinds of built in angsty soapy potential - can't wait to watch that one start to build!

mer4santo
Member Avatar

^ Agreed, the most egregiously mindnumbing triangle seems to not be shifting for the better.... but I hope I'm wrong and it gets shifted into something entertaining.

And again, I can't believe I'm saying this but, I actually almost like TomSell's Rafe. He seems less saintly, more flagrantly callous and less perfectly heroic.

Will&Sonny

esp13
Nov 20 2012, 10:28 AM
I wanted to specfically note that I enjoyed the Hope/Abe/Kayla/kids scenes at the Pub. I feel like TomSell has done a much better job of adding these moments that bring some emotion to the show. I'd still prefer it if the scenes were a bit longer and had some deeper emotions, but at this point I'll take what I can get. The history and friendships between these characters means a lot and just having them interact in a natural way brings a depth and a familiarity to the show. They don't have to drive story to be important parts of the canvas and it's nice that the show might seem to be realizing this.
I agree. It'd be nice to see such scenes at least once a week, actually -- just one segment of scenes, once a week, that aren't the least-bit plot-driven, but still feature important characters having important discussions.

Actually, I'd love to see every single character on the show at least once a week, but I realize that contract terms might complicate that. Regardless, I'd wager that if every character was seen at least once a week, people would be less upset about seeing the characters who are, in those viewers' opinions, on-screen too often. Yes, it'd be the equivalent of throwing a dog a bone, but dogs do enjoy bones....

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

esp13
Nov 20 2012, 10:28 AM
ICAM. It was beautiful. I especially loved to see them talk about the effects of Lexie's death on Abe and Theo. Just because the story ended doesn't mean the emotional beats shouldn't still be played. I think that was the best part of yesterday's show.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply