Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2nd November Sweeps Promo
Topic Started: Nov 16 2012, 03:54 PM (7,110 Views)
Helpless Romantic

gailwinters
Nov 17 2012, 06:49 PM
Helpless Romantic
Nov 17 2012, 06:21 PM
outrageous
Nov 17 2012, 05:42 PM
magicsteacher
Nov 17 2012, 08:58 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
He certainly didn't lie about "giving the viewers what they wanted" when he went with Safe in 2010. I choose to believe him. As much as I hate the guy, he hasn't lied in the past, and I don't think he's lying now.

Unfortunately for the audience, Safe and Rafe are always there to put a damper on potentially good storyline and stinking up all the good scenes. I can only hope for a bullet in Rafe's head by the spring sweeps.
Speak for yourself. What the "audience wants" is skewed to who people want with whom period. So all of our opinions are biased and not fact. I can say the same about EJ but I don't porport to say what "the audience" does or does not like as we have no way of knowing .
Pretty sure her point was that Ken Corday said it was what the viewers wanted back then. I'll certainly agree with you that he didn't know what I wanted.
I understood what they were saying. I just don't agree that the word "audience" should be used so loosely as we all like and dislike different things so you can't generalize or think that just because you like something or dislike something that that then that aplies to all of DAYS viewing audience was my point. KC does lie and while SAFE were being written for in 2010 I have no bones about saying I hated the story as the merry go round was still going. EJAMI may be the focus the next few months but that wont mean that the merry go round will be over or that they have anywhere near decided who they want Sami with. I am really starting to think that Sami is DAYS "Erica Cane" who goes through all these men but ultimately wont be with anyone for long.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Nov 17 2012, 07:13 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nate
Member Avatar
#BitchIsBack

Ehh this was OK.

Wtf who attacked Brady? Some random guy? I'm about to punch John!

EJami/Safe looked very boring.

I am liking the baby storyline! lol I like Gabi/Will and Will/Sonny. I hope she doesn't get an abortion because this S/L would be great! Having a gay dad and straight mom!

I am loving Eric/Nicole! I can't wait until Nicole becomes normal again she's been cra cra for a while now. She just send her off for a few weeks with a shrink.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

I'm interested in Gabi's pregnancy story and all the craziness that will twist around it.

I also have enjoyed Kristen's return and her interactions with everyone in Salem. I like that Brady is getting caught up in her web. She was definitely needed to bring some cunning villainy to the show - although I wish they'd go ahead and give Kate some power and skullduggery too. Marlena and John needed some trouble in paradise and this is working perfectly.

Ej and Sami make me so very tired at this point. Am I suppose to really be on board Sami would go for the guy who put a thug in her bed and laughed about it behind her back? Ewww. Rather than having Sami shrug off all the heinous acts in order to go forward with a preposterous 'torn' relationship I'd much rather see the writers give her some other story. She just looks stupid in all this.

I'm not finding the appeal to Eric yet. For me, he lacks the charisma and charm to be paired with someone like Nicole. Hopefully it's just early days and he'll bring it soon as this couple are slated to be the route DOOL is taking. I'll give them some leeway, but not much.

Rafe deserves better than to want a woman who would want a man who tortured him. I'm all for Rafe having someone feisty and a handful of trouble to keep him on his toes, but Sami, at this point, is pathetic.
Edited by Hamilton, Nov 18 2012, 12:20 AM.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Hamilton
Nov 18 2012, 12:18 AM
I'm interested in Gabi's pregnancy story and all the craziness that will twist around it.

I also have enjoyed Kristen's return and her interactions with everyone in Salem. I like that Brady is getting caught up in her web. She was definitely needed to bring some cunning villainy to the show - although I wish they'd go ahead and give Kate some power and skullduggery too. Marlena and John needed some trouble in paradise and this is working perfectly.

Ej and Sami make me so very tired at this point. Am I suppose to really be on board Sami would go for the guy who put a thug in her bed and laughed about it behind her back? Ewww. Rather than having Sami shrug off all the heinous acts in order to go forward with a preposterous 'torn' relationship I'd much rather see the writers give her some other story. She just looks stupid in all this.

I'm not finding the appeal to Eric yet. For me, he lacks the charisma and charm to be paired with someone like Nicole. Hopefully it's just early days and he'll bring it soon as this couple are slated to be the route DOOL is taking. I'll give them some leeway, but not much.

Rafe deserves better than to want a woman who would want a man who tortured him. I'm all for Rafe having someone feisty and a handful of trouble to keep him on his toes, but Sami, at this point, is pathetic.
Stupid and pathetic are perfect words to describe Sami at this point. It is a shame what has been done to her character, and IA,Rafe deserves so much better than this version of Sami.

lumifan4life

magicsteacher
Nov 18 2012, 08:16 AM
Hamilton

Stupid and pathetic are perfect words to describe Sami at this point. It is a shame what has been done to her character, and IA,Rafe deserves so much better than this version of Sami.
As long as Tomlin is around Rafe will never be out of Sami's story and will forever be the other "idiot", lol. Just glad that at least Lucas is far away from this mess, even if it means he's backburned with no love interest. At least he still has a brain unlike the other two.

Harmony233

lumifan4life
Nov 18 2012, 08:28 AM
magicsteacher
Hamilton

As long as Tomlin is around Rafe will never be out of Sami's story and will forever be the other "idiot", lol. Just glad that at least Lucas is far away from this mess, even if it means he's backburned with no love interest. At least he still has a brain unlike the other two.
I kinda want lucas to go back to bein g the player he once was lol
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lumifan4life

Harmony233
Nov 18 2012, 08:49 AM
lumifan4life
Nov 18 2012, 08:28 AM
magicsteacher
Hamilton

I kinda want lucas to go back to bein g the player he once was lol
For all we know he probably is. We just don't see it onscreen.

OliveAnn

I don't get it. Alison Sweeney looks like someone who can stand up for herself. So, why doesn't she stand up to the hair stylist and not let him/her do that to her hair?

lazydazes
Member Avatar

Thank goodness eric`s back & nicole is out of that triangled vortex of suck. Like i said before, lovin` everything about jarlena/kristen/brady, wilson, & ericole. Kudos to those storylines & players.
But, the fly in the ointment are these neverending sami triangles. Enough already. It has been done 2 death. This current ejami/rafe drama is T totally predictable. Sami will run around town confessing her love for rafe and claim that she has unresolved feelings for ej. She`ll have `tender run ins` with rafe. And then ejami will have scenes where sami will be `turned on` and breathe heavy on ej for an eppy. That`s basically what they`ve been doin` with sami 4 years now. Breathe heavy on ej and love the other man. After sitting thru the same scenario for years, it`s way past old/redundant for me. What i don`t like is lucas & rafe just wandering around listlessly while corday goes `lock/stock or whatever with ejami. Why can`t they move on with their lives? They should`ve never gotten rid of christie clark. At least she/galen had chemistry. But of course they fired her so that rafe could go back 2 chasing after sami. So i say bring carrie back or emily to town. Then they need 2 cast autumn for lucas.
I`m past tired of the samicentric focus with the men involved obviously the ones who lose everything.

Harmony233

lazydazes
Nov 18 2012, 09:54 AM
Thank goodness eric`s back & nicole is out of that triangled vortex of suck. Like i said before, lovin` everything about jarlena/kristen/brady, wilson, & ericole. Kudos to those storylines & players.
But, the fly in the ointment are these neverending sami triangles. Enough already. It has been done 2 death. This current ejami/rafe drama is T totally predictable. Sami will run around town confessing her love for rafe and claim that she has unresolved feelings for ej. She`ll have `tender run ins` with rafe. And then ejami will have scenes where sami will be `turned on` and breathe heavy on ej for an eppy. That`s basically what they`ve been doin` with sami 4 years now. Breathe heavy on ej and love the other man. After sitting thru the same scenario for years, it`s way past old/redundant for me. What i don`t like is lucas & rafe just wandering around listlessly while corday goes `lock/stock or whatever with ejami. Why can`t they move on with their lives? They should`ve never gotten rid of christie clark. At least she/galen had chemistry. But of course they fired her so that rafe could go back 2 chasing after sami. So i say bring carrie back or emily to town. Then they need 2 cast autumn for lucas.
I`m past tired of the samicentric focus with the men involved obviously the ones who lose everything.
THey really need some more women in that age group i thought it was stupid to get rid of carrie too

camera shy

OliveAnn
Nov 18 2012, 09:43 AM
I don't get it. Alison Sweeney looks like someone who can stand up for herself. So, why doesn't she stand up to the hair stylist and not let him/her do that to her hair?
She certainly used her power to get her pregnancy written into her storyline changing the course of the show.

camera shy

Harmony233
Nov 18 2012, 09:58 AM
lazydazes
THey really need some more women in that age group i thought it was stupid to get rid of carrie too
Well Carrie did come with a husband so she wouldn't be much go on the dating scene, but they desperately need some thirtysomething actresses. They should have kept Madison, I didn't like her with Brady but she might have worked with Lucas. And if Eric (I don't believe for a moment he's going to stay a priest) fails with Nicole who is he going to date? I wish they'd bring back Lindsay Hartley, but not as Ariana, just someone who happens to look like her and write her new character a hell of a lot better than they did before.

Safensane

camera shy
Nov 18 2012, 11:01 AM
Harmony233
lazydazes
Well Carrie did come with a husband so she wouldn't be much go on the dating scene, but they desperately need some thirtysomething actresses. They should have kept Madison, I didn't like her with Brady but she might have worked with Lucas. And if Eric (I don't believe for a moment he's going to stay a priest) fails with Nicole who is he going to date? I wish they'd bring back Lindsay Hartley, but not as Ariana, just someone who happens to look like her and write her new character a hell of a lot better than they did before.
I totally agree with the neverending Sami triangle sagas done to death..... it's dragging down the entire show. These writers need some creativity and a different focus. Definitely needed are thirtysomething females. The show centers entirely around Sami and let's face it...it's repetitive and old news. Bring in some new female blood, for goodness sake...all these hunky 30something males and no females in that age group to talk to, date, ogle.... complete nonsense. :frustration:

King
Member Avatar

six
Nov 17 2012, 04:11 PM
King
Nov 17 2012, 04:06 PM
Daysdegrassi
Nov 17 2012, 12:32 PM
We've seen/read about all of this! Nothing new! Stupid ass November Sleeps!
I feel like pretty much all promos are targeted toward people who have no idea what is happening (no spoilers, no mags, no websites.)
Add in 'no having watched the show in the past week' and I agree.

ETA: Someone on another board noticed that DHer and ED are dressed in the same clothes that they and their stunt doubles were shown in awhile back (sorry, I don't have the picture). So we should be getting some kind of physical confrontation soon. Maybe that should have made it into the promo...
Awesome!

Hamilton
Member Avatar

Harmony233
lazydazes
The Carrie and Rafe story line was horrendous for the characters and on par with Taylor and Ej as one of the worst pairings. So thank you NO on bringing Carrie back for more of that.

If they would ever consider having Rafe pulled away from Sami they need to bring in a hot, sexy diversion that pulls from his past. A childhood friend, a previous woman he protected in Witness Protection or an agent with whom he worked. Hell even a femme fetale he previously arrested back for retribution and seduction would be more exciting to see play out then another circle on this merry-go-round. And, if Sami is in the put in the story at least it would be something fresh. I'd much rather see some interesting back-story tied in to round him out more. The Emily story doesn't really interest me due to Arianna being dead and how that dropped story seemed to revolve more around the reasons for her jail stint. Without L. H. I think that story would lack weight.

I really liked the ONS Rafe2 had with Alicia. Now she was hot! But, I noticed the actress is on GH now. Too bad for Days.

Edited by Hamilton, Nov 18 2012, 02:12 PM.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

regardless of the female, rafe needs to move on. Enough of Sami`s triangular doom. Galen was my fave on passions, and now I`m really enjoying him as Rafe. And he deserves better than Sami frankly. Emily can come to the canvas or a new chick. Rafe needs a love interest just like lucas needs one. Hopefully 2013 will usher in love interests for rafe and lucas.

Helpless Romantic

Hamilton
Nov 18 2012, 01:02 PM
Harmony233
lazydazes
The Carrie and Rafe story line was horrendous for the characters and on par with Taylor and Ej as one of the worst pairings. So thank you NO on bringing Carrie back for more of that.

If they would ever consider having Rafe pulled away from Sami they need to bring in a hot, sexy diversion that pulls from his past. A childhood friend, a previous woman he protected in Witness Protection or an agent with whom he worked. Hell even a femme fetale he previously arrested back for retribution and seduction would be more exciting to see play out then another circle on this merry-go-round. And, if Sami is in the put in the story at least it would be something fresh. I'd much rather see some interesting back-story tied in to round him out more. The Emily story doesn't really interest me due to Arianna being dead and how that dropped story seemed to revolve more around the reasons for her jail stint. Without L. H. I think that story would lack weight.

I really liked the ONS Rafe2 had with Alicia. Now she was hot! But, I noticed the actress is on GH now. Too bad for Days.

SO much this!! I think they should bring Sofia back- the one that interrogated R2 and very obviously had a crush on him ( Rafe) all these years, Sami was jealous too. Let her feel threatned again the idiot deserves it.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Nov 18 2012, 02:24 PM.

annie21

camera shy
Nov 18 2012, 11:01 AM
Harmony233
lazydazes
That reminds me. Shouldn't Carrie be getting ready to have her baby about now? I know she was at least a month or two behind Nicole. If they brought Carrie back, they'd either have her come back with a newborn or have to go with yet another miscarriage or stillborn death that happened offscreen. Either that, or Carrie and Austin split and he took the baby. None of these options is ideal, so we're unlikely to see her unless TomSell do another one of their whole-sale rewrites and pretend like the pregnancy never happened.

lumifan4life

lazydazes
What i don`t like is lucas & rafe just wandering around listlessly while corday goes `lock/stock or whatever with ejami. Why can`t they move on with their lives?
That's what I don't understand either, especially with Lucas. Obviously Tomlin wants to keep Rafe in Sami's life as one of the two men pining for a seat on her merry-go-round but why is Lucas still forced to be single and miserable? Tomlin won't let him near Sami that's obvious but then if that's the case why not give him someone to pass his time with? Or does he hate the character that much that Lucas must forever pine after Sami in secret even if he never gets to be with her? That's what it looks like to me. This guy loses more than any of the other men on the show because not only does he not get to be with the only woman he loved, but he doesn't get to move on either. So he's stuck in forever backburned limbo unless it has to do with his kid's love life. That is just cruel and unusual punishment if I've ever seen it, lol.

cajnej
Member Avatar

Thank you for posting.

I am not minding many of the current storylines and am keen to see how the Will/Sonny/Gabi/Nick baby story evolves. It seems like they are having Will re tread his Mother's steps having witnessed Ej/Sami grief sex as Sami saw Marlena and John and now the dilemma of a surprise pregnancy. Gabi has become more interesting for me since she hired the stalker and is not panting after Chad. LOL

Being an Ejami fan I am all for them moving forward and leaving Rafe in their dust ( she says with her fingers and toes crossed) and I am willing to give Greg Vaughn a chance as Eric, loved him on GH.

My dismay at how Jennifer has been ruined continues. :badmood:

ETA I thought John was going to karate chop Marlena at the end!!!
Edited by cajnej, Nov 19 2012, 12:18 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply