Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the Week of December 3rd; *updated 11/27*
Topic Started: Nov 17 2012, 10:42 AM (39,258 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Nov 28 2012, 10:12 PM
JamesScott_19
Nov 28 2012, 02:52 PM
lysie
Nov 28 2012, 01:40 PM
I feel like I'm at home again. Fighting over Sami's cooter = :wub: . :grouphug:
LMBOOOOOOOOOOOO! This is the best post I read all day. :laugh: :laugh:

When will we ever learn?

We don't like all the same couples but you have to agree that Sami' Ohhhhhhlala is always get the most discussions.
And that's probably the reason why they think it's a good idea to keep this carousel going. Dumbasses. :facepalm:
At least it's not the A story right now. It's barely even the C story, lol.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Nov 28 2012, 10:09 AM
Ljay
Nov 27 2012, 08:37 PM
JamesScott_19
Nov 27 2012, 07:49 PM
gailwinters
Nov 20 2012, 08:25 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I hope they work on 'something else' and I don't mean on business.

My dirty mind.
Like the couch,chair,desk....
I just hope they know how to lock a door. Unlike last time when Lucas walked in...Hell, maybe this time it will be Rafe that catches them in the act!

To which we'd get a :huh1: which is what we get on every scene he's in.

Gabi's pregnant :huh1:

Nicole lost her baby :huh1:

Your sister got hit by a car :huh1:

Sami wants to sex you up because she just shot a man :huh1:

Rafe is the equivalent of a bump on a log. A hairy one at that.

:huh1:

Posted Image

It's uncanny. :huh1:

:roflol:
Edited by SoapGal1, Nov 29 2012, 11:16 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ges
Member Avatar

If you had told me a year ago that the show would revolve around Gabbi Hernandez I would have thought you were crazy. By the way, where are Hope's magical feelings whenever things aren't right with Bo? Don't they know when the other is going to fart a continent away? Ugh, I can't stand this show. Nick Fallon makes me want to kill myself. I think I will take a big break from this show. It bores me. EJ is Estee Lauder, and all my favorite characters are gone and could have easily been brought back with another actor.
F this show.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Nov 29 2012, 10:54 AM
SoapGal1
Ljay
JamesScott_19

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepMy dirty mind.
I just hope they know how to lock a door. Unlike last time when Lucas walked in...Hell, maybe this time it will be Rafe that catches them in the act!

Posted Image

Finally.

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

Can't wait to see how EJ reacts to Krady.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

SoapGal1
Nov 29 2012, 11:17 AM
SoapGal1
SoapGal1
Ljay

Posted Image

Finally.
This is classic!!! : :roflol:

PS - Love that you liked it so much you quoted yourself. ;)

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

Dreamer
Nov 28 2012, 10:06 PM
I personally think that JS is a good actor and I think DAYS needs to give him a new female to drool over.

TPTB had their chance with Ejami & Ejole. I liked both these pairing, but the writers have failed to right a compelling story EJ and his love life, he is always written with the woman leading the SL. EJ wants what the can't have, it a short term thing, then he seems to get over it.

Ejole super fans, must have been pissed at his lack of attention toward Nicole, as TPTB threw her at Dan. Hot and heavy to dismal and forgotten.
Ejami fans... get bits and pieces, but nothing ever pans out... as Rafe always interrupts. I liked Ejami in Daysaster.... I wished that TPTB had continued them on from there, other than allowing for faux SAFE ideas to resurface again.
Lumi --- is clearly non existant right now... not even a consideration as being in the running.

Sami needs to make up her mind. Right now, i am not sure she knows who she wants. SAFE are doing the push and pull thing and EJ is doing the push thing. It all quite tiring IMO.
I am starting to hope she chooses neither and ends up with Lucas. It would be much more original.

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Nov 28 2012, 01:49 PM
lysie
Nov 28 2012, 01:40 PM
I feel like I'm at home again. Fighting over Sami's cooter = :wub: . :grouphug:
We live to make you happy.

And, I'd prefer you to call it her glittery hoo-hah.

Thanks.
Even though I don't agree with you entirely, this is a good post. When I first started, and didn't know the history of the show (I do now), I was rooting for EJami. I stopped when the shooting happened. I soon found myself sucked into Safe, as well as Bricole. Both couples had actual love and chemistry. Even though I had liked EJami, I felt that the love was very one-sided, on EJ's part. It just didn't look to me like Sami wanted anything more than sex. Soon, I began to see the appeal of EJole. I read up on the history of what had happened, and realized how much I suddenly loathed EJami. EJole, as exes, I thought could fix everything and be happy. I saw Nicole reveal she never stopped loving EJ, and EJ realize he had feelings for Nicole that had never left. When Tayho came on, everyone hated them, including me. I began to realize why EJole fell apart in the first place, but still roote for them. Eventually, I just said "fuck it" and was glad to have Bricole back. As soon as Taylor left Salem, though, I realized how boring Bricole had gotten, and after that talk and sexy tango, I realized how Nicole was STILL in love with EJ, and he had finally fallen in love with her. I was rooting for them, and was very upset when the deadbabysex happened, because I hated that EJole and Safe, such stable couples, were gone. I was glad to see EJ begging Nicole to take him back, but disgusted to see hm and Sami grow closer, especially since I loved Lumi. I was perfectly content with Cafe and Lumi, as long as EJami didn't reunite. I even jumped on the Dicole bandwagon for a while, waiting for Racole, which never happened. Eventually, I stopped watching, until it looked as if Safe would reunite. Then, they ruined that, and now the Rajami triangle continues. I'm so sick of this show right now, not only because of EJami, but because the writs have the story centeree around an unrealistic fickle woman who is torn between two or three men and expects them all to be perfect, despite her numerous sins, and a man who always chases a woman that has never loved him, and chooses different men over him every time. In addition, there are few other interesting storylines to watch the show for entertainment. I have just decidded to read the recaps, rather than waste an hour of my life watching the current shitfest every day.

***OOPS***
disregard this post, I replaced it with my comment below, i quoted the wrong person, sorry
Edited by Daysdegrassi, Nov 29 2012, 11:53 AM.

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

AHM
Nov 28 2012, 01:49 PM
Quoting Lysie:
Quote:

It's a combination of actors who are better than initially expected, always changing regimes, and an extreme lack of creativity. It's made for a mess of a show that always has potential that it never quite manages to reach.

^I think this is exactly the case.

TomSawyer makes a valid point, but I say that doesn't make it good and that doesn't excuse that it all amounts to a pile of crap. Days hasn't pulled off a truly compelling, hugely popular supercouple caliber romance since Jack and Jennifer (so of course they had to spend years working to destroy that :shrug: ), but I think EJ/Sami were their shot at doing it again. But they didn't do it again. They messed it up. I see the Ejami appeal. I was on that train, but I am off that train, and I have lost interest in the pairing. All the missteps along the way I could forgive, if the writing for them had ever been really great in the first place, but it never was. I think the rape was a mistake that was made when the show (foolishly) planned to make EJ a straight villain. I don't know that, but it's my guess. Then they saw that they had something with EJami. Problem is, they did a very poor job of dealing with the rape. Very poor. Now, I realize my favorite character has committed a rape, but there was a lot more time spent on Jack struggling with what he'd done, and there was also a a lot of build to Jack's crime, so that I could actually sympathize with the rapist as well as the victim in that case (throw tomatoes if you must, but yes, Jack was wrong, but yes, I understood how he snapped and saw it as the action of a man who didn't actually get off on rape and was incredibly unlikely to ever go there again). EJ, on the other hand, committed a rape that did not allow for any sympathy points to go his way, and he did, in fact, seem to get off on rape as a power trip. Also, the show wanted to pair EJ with the actual victim and not put him in a new pairing. This being the case, I think the show should have spent some serious time on EJ's own torture over what he'd done, as well as Sami's, and very little time was spent on either. I think that was a major misstep. And yet, I still liked EJami, so I could fanwank it, as the actual rape wasn't on screen, and as neither character acted as though a rape had been committed. Sami used the word and accused EJ, but she did not act as though he'd raped her. So I said to myself that it must not have really been rape. Kind of uncool, but if I wanted to support EJami, I had to fanwank that something more went down than what we saw. But, strike one, the aftermath of the rape, I think, was poorly handled, but I was still on the EJami train. I remained on the train, because I never for a minute bought EJ's love for Nicole, and I never have. I really like Nicole (I find her far more interesting and appealing than Sami, actually), but maybe it's just how JS played it, but it never seemed to me that EJ felt the kind of mad passionate love for NIcole that he did for Sami. Ever. But what about Sami's true feelings? There was a time during and right after their marriage that it seemed EJ was really the guy Sami loved. But then we got lame Rafe/safehouse. But then there was the summer of EJami. It again seemed that EJ really was the guy in Sami's heart, and that maybe she was just trying to deny it. But no. Then we saw her kissing Rafe in the locker room. Nope, it was really Rafe she loved. My Ejami love started to crack, but I was still on the Ejami train. Then Sami shot a sleeping EJ in the head. But still, I was hanging onto the EJami train. When the whole thing fell to the point of no return crappiness for me was when the fallout of Sami shooting EJ wasn't played. I never saw remorse. I never saw any emotion over that from Sami. Meanwhile, EJ had an insta-love with Taylor and then had a thing with Nicole again. Sami was doing her boring thing with Rafe. Now she's also flip flopped through Lucas again. Sorry, the writing for EJami was never strong enough that I can get past the completely inconsistent and shallow characterizations that have been the fate of both EJ and Sami over the past two years. I don't think I can be compelled to care about either of them again.

That being said, I think there's something to Ejami when I consider that I managed to keep caring about them through quite a bit of bad writing for them. So I still think the show would be wise to go with Ejami. Some people might be newer viewers and some are still hanging on. There is a power there with Ejami, and it's a shame that the pairing has been so incompetently handled. I don't think that at this point Ejami will ever be what it could have been. But it beats the heck out of Safe. (I actually think there was great potential for either Lumi or Ejami, but this moronic show wasted its stock on Safe. Now that was just stupid, in my opinion.)
'
I think the show's best hope for a really good romance right now is Eric/Nicole, but it sounds like it's being rushed. If so, that's a shame.

Oh, and Dannifer sucks.
Even though I don't agree with you entirely, this is a good post. When I first started, and didn't know the history of the show (I do now), I was rooting for EJami. I stopped when the shooting happened. I soon found myself sucked into Safe, as well as Bricole. Both couples had actual love and chemistry. Even though I had liked EJami, I felt that the love was very one-sided, on EJ's part. It just didn't look to me like Sami wanted anything more than sex. Soon, I began to see the appeal of EJole. I read up on the history of what had happened, and realized how much I suddenly loathed EJami. EJole, as exes, I thought could fix everything and be happy. I saw Nicole reveal she never stopped loving EJ, and EJ realize he had feelings for Nicole that had never left. When Tayho came on, everyone hated them, including me. I began to realize why EJole fell apart in the first place, but still roote for them. Eventually, I just said "fuck it" and was glad to have Bricole back. As soon as Taylor left Salem, though, I realized how boring Bricole had gotten, and after that talk and sexy tango, I realized how Nicole was STILL in love with EJ, and he had finally fallen in love with her. I was rooting for them, and was very upset when the deadbabysex happened, because I hated that EJole and Safe, such stable couples, were gone. I was glad to see EJ begging Nicole to take him back, but disgusted to see hm and Sami grow closer, especially since I loved Lumi. I was perfectly content with Cafe and Lumi, as long as EJami didn't reunite. I even jumped on the Dicole bandwagon for a while, waiting for Racole, which never happened. Eventually, I stopped watching, until it looked as if Safe would reunite. Then, they ruined that, and now the Rajami triangle continues. I'm so sick of this show right now, not only because of EJami, but because the writs have the story centeree around an unrealistic fickle woman who is torn between two or three men and expects them all to be perfect, despite her numerous sins, and a man who always chases a woman that has never loved him, and chooses different men over him every time. In addition, there are few other interesting storylines to watch the show for entertainment. I have just decidded to read the recaps, rather than waste an hour of my life watching the current shitfest every day.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

I am also one of those who shipped couples when they were being written as being in love. I went from Lumi to Bricole to Ejole and now am stuck with no real direction. I was never a fan of Ejami and I don't really care for Safe. But all these pairings (except Ejami) seemed to have something going for them. I believed in what the writers were telling me but then it all shot to hell in a basket. I am an ardent Nicole fan and I want her happy. I have wanted her happy since she took the 5 million $ instead of choosing Eric. Now these writers have destroyed Ejole and want me to invest in Ericole. I will wait and see. They have burnt me one too many times where she is concerned. Do I believe Eric is the true love of her life, hardly (dude's been gone for like a decade and so much has changed) but I will see where this goes.

Will&Sonny

If :huh1: is Galen Gering, then :ermmmm: must be James Scott.

Lil
Member Avatar

^ That emoticon doesn't blink fast enough...Nor does it sashay and do the little teapot dance lol

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

Laufeyson
Nov 29 2012, 12:49 PM
I am also one of those who shipped couples when they were being written as being in love. I went from Lumi to Bricole to Ejole and now am stuck with no real direction. I was never a fan of Ejami and I don't really care for Safe. But all these pairings (except Ejami) seemed to have something going for them. I believed in what the writers were telling me but then it all shot to hell in a basket. I am an ardent Nicole fan and I want her happy. I have wanted her happy since she took the 5 million $ instead of choosing Eric. Now these writers have destroyed Ejole and want me to invest in Ericole. I will wait and see. They have burnt me one too many times where she is concerned. Do I believe Eric is the true love of her life, hardly (dude's been gone for like a decade and so much has changed) but I will see where this goes.
Great post and I agree. I think Ericole have a connection, since they were each other's first loves, and now they seem to be going back to each other, but I don't think they're meant to be. Nicole has NEVER loved a man the way she loved EJ. And I don't buy that EJ even loves Sami. He's using her because he can't have his true love-Nicole.

Will&Sonny

Lil
Nov 29 2012, 02:27 PM
^ That emoticon doesn't blink fast enough...Nor does it sashay and do the little teapot dance lol
Agreed, but it was the closest thing that I could find in DR's collection of emoticons.

It also doesn't do the obligatory "step one: take two steps backward, as if literally recoiling in pain; step two: start to raise right hand to mouth, only to leave it floating in midair before actually reaching the mouth" James Scott reaction to any "shocking" reveal.

(As an aside, I despise .gifs, but I was shocked to learn that, as far as I can tell, no one has made a blinking James Scott .gif yet.)

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Lil
:whee:

I think this is the one you're looking for.

PS. How dare y'all!!! :fight:

mirabella

Bright Eyes
Nov 28 2012, 11:04 AM
SocRMum1
Nov 28 2012, 11:01 AM
Partnersincrime
Nov 28 2012, 10:52 AM
no woman in her right mind should chose ej over anyone
That's a little harsh. As the previous poster said - beauty (or sexiness, or charisma, or ...) is in the eye of the beholder. To each their own.

You may not agree with someone's choice but it doesn't make their sanity any more or less 'right' than yours.
I agree with Partnersincrime, but it has nothing to do with James Scott's / E.J.'s looks. He has proven time and time again that he is abusive. That is reason enough for the statement to be true.
Yes, abusive, manipulative, lying, evil snake, who wants to possiss whomever and whatever he wants. EJ cannot be trusted and most importantly, EJ does not really love Sami or anyone else for that matter. EJ himself told Kristen that Sami is his obsession. Rafe, Lucas, Brandon, Austin are all much better choices than EJ DiMera.

concerned
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
SoapGal1
Ljay
JamesScott_19

Posted Image

OMG that photo of Rafe - its like the photographer has captured his soul. Priceless.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

mirabella
Nov 29 2012, 03:20 PM
Bright Eyes
Nov 28 2012, 11:04 AM
SocRMum1
Nov 28 2012, 11:01 AM
Partnersincrime
Nov 28 2012, 10:52 AM
no woman in her right mind should chose ej over anyone
That's a little harsh. As the previous poster said - beauty (or sexiness, or charisma, or ...) is in the eye of the beholder. To each their own.

You may not agree with someone's choice but it doesn't make their sanity any more or less 'right' than yours.
I agree with Partnersincrime, but it has nothing to do with James Scott's / E.J.'s looks. He has proven time and time again that he is abusive. That is reason enough for the statement to be true.
Yes, abusive, manipulative, lying, evil snake, who wants to possiss whomever and whatever he wants. EJ cannot be trusted and most importantly, EJ does not really love Sami or anyone else for that matter. EJ himself told Kristen that Sami is his obsession. Rafe, Lucas, Brandon, Austin are all much better choices than EJ DiMera.
Even if I agreed with everything you said, you just made a pretty good case that EJ would be the soapiest choice Sami could make.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

SoapGal1
SoapGal1
Ljay
JamesScott_19

Posted Image

That is hilarious! :lol:

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Lil
I can't find the teapot but I have the flapping arms

Posted Image
Edited by LuvingLumi, Nov 29 2012, 05:17 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply