Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the Week of December 3rd; *updated 11/27*
Topic Started: Nov 17 2012, 10:42 AM (39,519 Views)
lumifan4life

concerned
Nov 17 2012, 06:09 PM
What's the point of a Nabi wedding if Sonny is the only one that doesn't know the truth?

Does this mean wedding bells are more likely to be ringing for someone else ?
I don't think Sonny will be the only one who doesn't know the truth. There's also Will's parents and the entire town of Salem who will be attending the wedding thinking that Nick is the father. That's why the wedding is the typical soap venue for a big reveal like this to happen. So far I think the only people who will know the truth are Will/Gabi/Nick. The rest of Salem all think Nabi are getting married because Nick got Gabi pregnant.
Edited by lumifan4life, Nov 17 2012, 06:36 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LonePirate
Member Avatar

lumifan4life
Nov 17 2012, 06:36 PM
concerned
What's the point of a Nabi wedding if Sonny is the only one that doesn't know the truth?

I don't think Sonny will be the only one who doesn't know the truth. There's also Will's parents and the entire town of Salem who will be attending the wedding thinking that Nick is the father. That's why the wedding is the typical soap venue for a big reveal like this to happen. So far I think the only people who will know the truth are Will/Gabi/Nick. The rest of Salem all think Nabi are getting married because Nick got Gabi pregnant.
Cameron knows the truth even if he doesn't realize he knows it.

I wonder how fast Gabi will start putting on the baby weight. That should be another giveaway, not that she won't try to conceal it as much as possible.

lumifan4life

LonePirate
Nov 17 2012, 06:46 PM
lumifan4life
Nov 17 2012, 06:36 PM
concerned

Cameron knows the truth even if he doesn't realize he knows it.

I wonder how fast Gabi will start putting on the baby weight. That should be another giveaway, not that she won't try to conceal it as much as possible.
Well judging that many actually believed Rafe was Nicole's baby daddy for months even though timeline wise it made no sense, I don't think she'll have to do much convincing. All of Salem will still blindly believe it and never question otherwise even though Nick got out of prison a few days after Wabi boinked. But still, no one is going to realize it for now. However...it's quite possible that as the wedding approaches, Sami or someone else might learn the truth as well. Will might not be the one to blurt it out at the wedding afterall if others know by then.
Edited by lumifan4life, Nov 17 2012, 06:55 PM.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

lumifan4life
Nov 17 2012, 06:54 PM
Well judging that many actually believed Rafe was Nicole's baby daddy for months even though timeline wise it made no sense, I don't think she'll have to do much convincing. All of Salem will still blindly believe it and never question otherwise even though Nick got out of prison a few days after Wabi boinked. But still, no one is going to realize it for now. However...it's quite possible that as the wedding approaches, Sami or someone else might learn the truth as well. Will might not be the one to blurt it out at the wedding afterall if others know by then.
Given how almost everyone in Salem has been involved in paternity\maternity shenanigans or change-ups as the victim, culprit or center of it all, you'd think everybody would immediately be suspicious of anything baby related. Instead, I expect widespread and unquestioned acceptance for the next several weeks. The only surprise in this story is who discovers the truth or who tells the secret first. As of now, it could be any of several characters and a reasonable case could be made for any of them.

Ilovecandy
Member Avatar

concerned

well hmm Sonny is not going to be the only one that doesnt know the trth if he were that might actually make him an important character that everyone lied to him to protect his feelings :blah: blablabla. lets be real we all know Sonny is not that much of importance to the show he only ere because Will is here, UNFORTUNATELYthats the truth. :

If it was the opposite I can see everyone know the truth but Will because everyting have to be about little Will, poor Willy this poor WILLY that :flipoff:
Edited by Ilovecandy, Nov 17 2012, 07:37 PM.

annie21

bomber
Nov 17 2012, 04:12 PM
Dreamer
Nov 17 2012, 04:02 PM
Why must Jennifer always be in dire need for heep? Why does she always need saving. She is do damn needy, she's not worth saving anymore. Daniel saving her for the 100x is not going make this pairing any more likable. Jennifer is the one that needs the suicide SL, not this insta medical help so Daniel can ride in on his high horse and save the day. I betcha Jennifer ate was it seefood or shell fish, whatever dan gave the last time she needed medical help. I have no faith in TomSell's writing to come up with anything remotely interesting.
I bet it's something that Dr Dan needs steady hands for (cut pinkie) and he'll be so upset that he cant help her that he'll enrol in the clinical trials and be eternally grateful to St Jen for being so selfless and caring as to save his career. She in turn will be amazed and touched by his compassion and grief at not being able to stitch her cut finger. They will tell each other how perfect and faultless they are because it's true love :sarcasm: .
Yeah, I was thinking pretty much the same thing. Except that I think the spoilers for the previous week are all about how Daniel enrolls in the clinical trial but then is told it didn't work. Now I have to say that I've never heard of a clinical trial being a make-or-break, one-time thing that's over in less than a week since it usually involves pharmaceuticals that have to be monitored over time. But, hey, this is Days.

I guess Daniel ends the previous week feeling bummed so Jennifer is determined to cheer him up. And there's nothing that cheers Daniel up more (or turns him on more) than a female in need of medical attention.

Will&Sonny

These spoilers contain too many references to E.J. and not enough references to Will and Sonny.

I can't wait for the following week's spoilers, though.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Guinevere
Member Avatar
Salem needs Jack Deveraux. Bring Back Matthew Ashford.

annie21
Nov 17 2012, 08:15 PM
bomber
Dreamer
Why must Jennifer always be in dire need for heep? Why does she always need saving. She is do damn needy, she's not worth saving anymore. Daniel saving her for the 100x is not going make this pairing any more likable. Jennifer is the one that needs the suicide SL, not this insta medical help so Daniel can ride in on his high horse and save the day. I betcha Jennifer ate was it seefood or shell fish, whatever dan gave the last time she needed medical help. I have no faith in TomSell's writing to come up with anything remotely interesting.
I bet it's something that Dr Dan needs steady hands for (cut pinkie) and he'll be so upset that he cant help her that he'll enrol in the clinical trials and be eternally grateful to St Jen for being so selfless and caring as to save his career. She in turn will be amazed and touched by his compassion and grief at not being able to stitch her cut finger. They will tell each other how perfect and faultless they are because it's true love :sarcasm: .
Yeah, I was thinking pretty much the same thing. Except that I think the spoilers for the previous week are all about how Daniel enrolls in the clinical trial but then is told it didn't work. Now I have to say that I've never heard of a clinical trial being a make-or-break, one-time thing that's over in less than a week since it usually involves pharmaceuticals that have to be monitored over time. But, hey, this is Days.

I guess Daniel ends the previous week feeling bummed so Jennifer is determined to cheer him up. And there's nothing that cheers Daniel up more (or turns him on more) than a female in need of medical attention.

I was thinking that after his clinical trial fails and then Jennifer needs urgent medical attention, he will miraculously recover to save her life again :rolleyes: and she'll be eternally grateful. They'll claim their true love connection helped cure his shaky hands and they'll all live happily ever after..until the next triangle or faux angst. :drunk:

peaches179

NavJLee8785
Nov 17 2012, 10:42 AM

Jennifer pays Daniel a surprise visit.

DVR Alerts:

Monday - Jennifer is in need of urgent medical attention

LMAO!!! I needed that laugh tonight!

Thanks for posting!

peaches179

camera shy
Nov 17 2012, 11:22 AM
BalscoFan5
Nov 17 2012, 11:18 AM
Well,well,well,if Kritter is scheming with EJerk than I guess someone has NOT changed,she is making John and Brady look like baboons now.
I quess it will be up to Marlena to save her menfolk. :D

I wish we could get pass John/Brady's hammy acting. :rolleyes: And get to more drama between Kristen and Marlena.

concerned
Member Avatar

Lots of walking in happening.... suppose its better than loitering in doorways.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Guinevere
Nov 17 2012, 08:30 PM
annie21
Nov 17 2012, 08:15 PM
bomber
Dreamer

I was thinking that after his clinical trial fails and then Jennifer needs urgent medical attention, he will miraculously recover to save her life again :rolleyes: and she'll be eternally grateful. They'll claim their true love connection helped cure his shaky hands and they'll all live happily ever after..until the next triangle or faux angst. :drunk:
Shit is so damn contrived, it's disgusting. :flipoff:

jackjenfan
Member Avatar

Jen Jen has to get sick, because there is no other buyable excuse for dr sleazey balls for feeling her up without making her look like a cheap ho for hitting the sheets with someone so soon after Jack's death. I will continue to think less and less of the character though with every scene she has with Daniel. It has to be Jennifer's worst pairing ever, but way to pimp them up there Days. It will never get any better, but hey. :drunk:

I honestly hope Marlena walks in on some board room sex with Brady and Kristen. The story needs a shake me up, because it's dull as heck so far.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

This whole Dannifer crap is too much to take.
TPTB are desperate to hook them up and make them lovers again before Chloe returns. I understand that Jen can't go there too fast becase of Jack's death, so they are creating some insta shit up to drive them together again. Isn't that how they ended up in the first place. Dan already saved her life and now he is going to save her again... just to make Jennifer get over that last hurdle of given in to her feelings for him.

Nothing can be done to save this paring. TPTB needed to show baby steps of romance and real push and pull of feelings and emotions between these characters. This goo-goo eye staring crap is boring and their is no real good sexual tension that is felt or seen to make ppl root for them as a couple.

Dannifer are just an example of every other relationship portrayed on canvas.
DAys has lost their ability to make a real soap. Insta pairing, Insta crap...Insta boring!

Romancer66

Dreamer
Nov 18 2012, 09:43 AM
This whole Dannifer crap is too much to take.
TPTB are desperate to hook them up and make them lovers again before Chloe returns. I understand that Jen can't go there too fast becase of Jack's death, so they are creating some insta shit up to drive them together again. Isn't that how they ended up in the first place. Dan already saved her life and now he is going to save her again... just to make Jennifer get over that last hurdle of given in to her feelings for him.

Nothing can be done to save this paring. TPTB needed to show baby steps of romance and real push and pull of feelings and emotions between these characters. This goo-goo eye staring crap is boring and their is no real good sexual tension that is felt or seen to make ppl root for them as a couple.

Dannifer are just an example of every other relationship portrayed on canvas.
DAys has lost their ability to make a real soap. Insta pairing, Insta crap...Insta boring!

The desperation is really showing too, and that's part of the reason Dannifer 2.0 is such a turn-off. Granted, I think they'd have been a hard sell anyway--even the first time around, they were bland, shallow, and substance-free, with little to no chemistry. Add in Jack's sudden, violent death, while saving Abigail, just after J&J have reunited, and you have the mood-killer to end all mood-killers.

But TIIC are being so heavy-handed, manipulative, unsubtle, and agenda-driven in their attempts to force Jen-Jen and Dr. Douche back together that they're producing the opposite reaction in viewers that they intended. The harder they push this lackluster duo, the more the audience recoils. Ironically, if they'd backed off for a decent interval, instead of having Maggie and others trying to match-make before Jack's body was even cold and making Jen-Jen obsess about Daniel's love life before her husband's ashes had even settled, they might not have had such a strong reaction against this couple. Not that Dannifer 2.0 would have been embraced, but the aversion to them might have been less violent and overwhelming. As it is, anti-Dannifer sentiment seems to be widespread and growing more prevalent by the episode.

If T&W 2 had any sense (moot point, I know), they'd cut their losses, stop trying to force something that's clearly not working, and send at least one of these characters off-canvas for a good long time. Jennifer is a mess, Daniel isn't the sun around which all of Salem revolves, and together they're much less than the sum of their parts. Forget about trying to make them into the new Tom & Alice--a less worthy pair of successors to that legacy could scarce be imagined.
Edited by Romancer66, Nov 18 2012, 10:20 AM.

deletemyaccountplease

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Kriss4

I don't know why they keep insisting on Daniel as a front burner character when they KNOW
they messed up in the writing for him. They took him offscreen for a few weeks and when he returned, they put him right back in the same situations that made a lot of us dislike him in the first place. I don't understand their logic.

They should have had him lay low for awhile...just be a doctor...no passes on any ladies...maybe some scenes with his daughter. No dates. Just a supporting character. Then after the passage of some time, maybe he would have sparked with someone and we could have accepted it.

Instead, we see him constantly with some woman or other, proclaiming his love fairly frequently. We know that despite what he says, women seem pretty interchangeable to him, and his feelings for any of them are of a shallow nature. We can't trust his feelings for anyone because we've seen what happens when he breaks things off with someone. Within a week or two, he's got his eyes on someone new, his "broken heart" quickly mended.

In the old days, Maggie would have warned jennifer about getting involved with Daniel even if he is her son. She would have been very concerned about Jen. She would care about Daniel, but she would see his faults too, and call him on them. She would not put Jennifer in his path.

Romancer66

Kriss4
Nov 18 2012, 11:05 AM
I don't know why they keep insisting on Daniel as a front burner character when they KNOW
they messed up in the writing for him. They took him offscreen for a few weeks and when he returned, they put him right back in the same situations that made a lot of us dislike him in the first place. I don't understand their logic.

They should have had him lay low for awhile...just be a doctor...no passes on any ladies...maybe some scenes with his daughter. No dates. Just a supporting character. Then after the passage of some time, maybe he would have sparked with someone and we could have accepted it.

Instead, we see him constantly with some woman or other, proclaiming his love fairly frequently. We know that despite what he says, women seem pretty interchangeable to him, and his feelings for any of them are of a shallow nature. We can't trust his feelings for anyone because we've seen what happens when he breaks things off with someone. Within a week or two, he's got his eyes on someone new, his "broken heart" quickly mended.

In the old days, Maggie would have warned jennifer about getting involved with Daniel even if he is her son. She would have been very concerned about Jen. She would care about Daniel, but she would see his faults too, and call him on them. She would not put Jennifer in his path.

And in the meantime, the woman Daniel discards so easily spirals out of control. She becomes irrational, obsessed, self-destructive--a weepy mess or a raving bitch--as he moves on, untroubled and unscathed, to his next conquest. Why would anyone wish this guy on their beloved friend, sister, daughter, niece? He's poison.

Kriss4

Yeah. See, he's not evil. He can even be a nice guy. I figure he'd have friends, BUT that they'd make tongue in cheek remarks about his fickle nature and stay out of his path in any romantic way. He'd ask them out and they'd grin and say, "you're kidding, right? I like you, Dan. But no way in hell would I ever date you. I've seen you in action and you're a bad bet in the romance department."

Enough rejection and he might actually have to evaluate his behavior.

Carmi

These are just too funny. There are few shows worse than Days of Our Lives. I mean, now we're just watching it walk to its cancellation. Pathetic.
Edited by Carmi, Nov 18 2012, 12:08 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply