Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Classic Clip Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 18 2012, 11:33 AM (989 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

I can't believe you chose that clip. Worst Thanksgiving ever. ;)

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

lysie admit it you chose this Thanksgiving because there no sami in it
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Ugh, that's the awful Stephanie version too. God, she was annoying!

All I remember about this is that I don't. Because there was no John & Marlena. For frak's sake, sure, put Kate's awful bundle of dysfunction on, add Mimi with the Brady's (after what she JUST did to Shawn), Abby and Nick are invited to the Bradys, but honorary Bradys John & Marlena aren't.

Harmony233

does Days even celebrate TG anymore?

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

Harmony233
Nov 18 2012, 12:36 PM
i don't think so. I can't remember if they celebrated after this one. They definitely haven't had a Thanksgiving episode in the last few years.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I loved 2006's Thanksgiving! And I loved Shayna Rose as Stephanie. Always preferred her over Shelley Hennig.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Nov 18 2012, 09:02 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Nov 18 2012, 03:07 PM
Harmony233
i don't think so. I can't remember if they celebrated after this one. They definitely haven't had a Thanksgiving episode in the last few years.
We got Thanksgiving in 2007. It was Shawn and Belle's wedding day. I can't recall anything Thanksgiving related afterwards. Maybe it was referred to, but I don't think an actual episode was devoted to Thanksgiving, like 2006 and 2007.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

DrewHamilton
Nov 18 2012, 08:53 PM
I loved 2006's Thanksgiving! And I loved Shayna Rose as Stephanie. Always preferred her over Shelley Hennig.
I didn't mind Shayna Rose, but she wasn't helped by TONS of WTFery & really bad writing.

six
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Nov 18 2012, 09:01 PM
Supergirlx2
Harmony233
We got Thanksgiving in 2007. It was Shawn and Belle's wedding day. I can't recall anything Thanksgiving related afterwards. Maybe it was referred to, but I don't think an actual episode was devoted to Thanksgiving, like 2006 and 2007.
They didn't celebrate, but there was a whole episode surrounding them preparing for Thanksgiving last year. I remember Maggie making Daniel a special side dish his mom used to make.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

That time the Hernandi made tamales -- was that Thanksgiving or Christmas?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

granolagirl
Nov 18 2012, 10:39 PM
I think I remember what you're talking about. Arianna was involved, wasn't she? I think it was Thanksgiving.

Will&Sonny

DrewHamilton
Nov 18 2012, 11:08 PM
granolagirl
Nov 18 2012, 10:39 PM
I think I remember what you're talking about. Arianna was involved, wasn't she? I think it was Thanksgiving.
That was Christmas 2009. Gabi helped Arianna make tamales for Brady.

Rafe also made them for Sami in October 2010, as a reference to the first time that he had made them for her.

Will&Sonny

Just because I'm bored...

In 2011: Maggie, Victor, Daniel, and Melanie celebrated Thanksgiving together at the Kiriakis mansion. Elsewhere, Jennifer, Jack, Abby, Chad, Abe, and Lexie helped to feed the homeless.

In 2010: Thanksgiving was barely mentioned, as far as I can tell. Hope was in prison at that time, and she talked about how difficult it was going to be to be away from her family during the holidays, and Nicole tried to negotiate for some time with Sydney during the holidays, but that's all that I can find.

In 2009: Sami was looking forward to celebrating her first Thanksgiving with Sydney (and not being stuck in the safe house during the holidays), and Maggie and Mia made pies for the homeless shelter.

In 2008: I can't find any Thanksgiving references.

In 2007: Shawn and Belle's wedding, as mentioned above.

lysie
Member Avatar

I minded Shayna Rose. She was terrible. This was also in the middle of multiple too old "children" whining about the parents they didn't grow up not being together.

I like the feel of this episode though. Chelsea about ruins it. I think the character started getting a little better after this.

mellymet

lysie
Nov 19 2012, 10:04 AM
I minded Shayna Rose. She was terrible. This was also in the middle of multiple too old "children" whining about the parents they didn't grow up not being together.

I like the feel of this episode though. Chelsea about ruins it. I think the character started getting a little better after this.
Yes this was the height of the Chelsea annoyance. It was after this that she started accepting Bo and Hope were together and stopped the scheming of trying to get Bo/Billie together that she became tolerable. By the end, I really did like Hope and Chelsea's relationship.

Shayna Rose was not good and she did annoy me here. Glad it didn't last long. Last Brady family holiday I think. Hope they have something together at Christmas this year.

lysie
Member Avatar

Lmao. I just noticed. That is so not the picture I chose. Oh well.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Supergirlx2
Harmony233
Let's be honest, the best part of that was Marlena going to see Stefano.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Nov 19 2012, 02:12 PM
DrewHamilton
Supergirlx2
Harmony233
Let's be honest, the best part of that was Marlena going to see Stefano.
Quoted for the truth! I still go back and watch that scene a few times a month. Amazing!

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

"You've made me your killer."

It was such a great opportunity for Marlena to go all revenge-y on Stefano's ass, but no... And I liked the incapacitating-him-stuff, but I wanted Marlena to really have Stefano get scared of what she would do.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply