Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
American Music Awards Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 18 2012, 08:00 PM (1,145 Views)
Alin89
Member Avatar

so sick of justin bieber just go away already!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alin89
Member Avatar

just go away bieber please!!!

Alin89
Member Avatar

yes psy saved the awards for me!!

Cupcake06

Justin Bieber is horrific.

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

I loved Kelly Clarkson, Pink, & Nicki Minaj's performances!! :wub: Especially Nicki's! LOVE HER. Can't wait to see her on AI next year!

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

Cupcake06
Nov 19 2012, 02:04 AM
Justin Bieber is horrific.
WTF was up with his voice during that first song he did? Was that supposed to sound good? I thought he sounded awf and I found myself embarrased watching him. What a crock.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I loved Pink,Taylor,Kelly,Carrie, and Psy,the shows needs a host though.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I can make out Carly Rae Jepson saying "Amazing" after her performance, but anyone know what the guy from Lady
Antebellum is saying? It looks like "That was hot" or "That was crazy"

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

It looks like he is saying "That was good" to me.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Christina should of done what Kelly did,nothing flashy,just sing and make people remember how talented she is.

Cupcake06

Pink was great.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Watching the celebs in the audience doing "Gangnam Style" was the best part.

Alin89
Member Avatar

i did some gangnam style at the wedding i went too. they had the song on

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I have a strong feeling that song is gonna be a permanent dance at weddings all over the globe.

Alin89
Member Avatar

BalscoFan5
Nov 19 2012, 11:31 PM
I have a strong feeling that song is gonna be a permanent dance at weddings all over the globe.
i was awful at it though. I tried my best.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Kerry Washington singing & dancing in the audience warmed my soul.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

Why is Gangam style still a thing? Who cares?

Snore.

I loved Pink!

darraholic
Member Avatar

I still don't know what gangam style is. Someone was talking about it in class and I thought they were talking about some kind of sexual position.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

darraholic
Nov 20 2012, 11:21 AM
I still don't know what gangam style is. Someone was talking about it in class and I thought they were talking about some kind of sexual position.
Gangnam is a very affluent, trendy, & hip section of Seoul South Korea. Essentially, the song is a lighthearted spoof of posers who pretend to be from Gangnam. You can liken Gangnam to be Beverly Hills. According to wikipedia...

Quote:

"Gangnam Style" is a Korean neologism that refers to a lifestyle associated with the Gangnam district of Seoul, where people are trendy, hip and exude a certain supposed "class". The term was listed in Time's weekly vocabulary list as a manner associated with lavish lifestyles in Seoul's Gangnam district. Psy likened the Gangnam District to Beverly Hills, California, and said in an interview that he intended a twisted sense of humor by claiming himself to be "Gangnam Style" when everything about the song, dance, looks, and the music video is far from being such a high class.

People who are actually from Gangnam never proclaim that they are—it's only the posers and wannabes that put on these airs and say that they are "Gangnam Style"—so this song is actually poking fun at those kinds of people who are trying so hard to be something that they're not.
—Psy
The song talks about "the perfect girlfriend who knows when to be refined and when to get wild." The song's refrain "오빤 강남 스타일 (Oppan Gangnam style)" has been translated as "Big brother is Gangnam style", with Psy referring to himself; "Oppa" is a Korean expression used by females to refer to an older male friend or older brother.

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply