Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 11/19; Twitter/FB List, Contact Info in first post
Topic Started: Nov 19 2012, 04:58 AM (12,659 Views)
The Scorpion
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Nov 20 2012, 09:21 AM
I've always thought it wasn't what people said but the amount of discussion that tptb paid more attention to. However, if tptb really doesn't want a character on screen, they are gone, regardless of what fans think. That seems to override everything, IMO.
Yes, I'm pretty sure that characters that internal discussion are those the writers ultimately write for, but then one should not forget that there are agendas and power players behind the scenes! :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

somersetfan
Member Avatar

Kenny
Nov 20 2012, 12:48 AM
Eileen Davidson
NBC is airing a DOOL episode from 1997 the day after Thanksgiving! OMG! Susan is BACK!
I want Susan back in 2012. We need a good laugh at something other then the Daniel/Jennifer pairing.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Thanks to Reese for the Avi♥

TPTB don't give a crap about what the fans want/don't want. If they did then Sami wouldn't be hopping from dick to dick, Dan wouldn't be the perfect doctor extraordinaire that humps all his patients, Lucas would have a story, Jack wouldn't have come back just to die again, Ejami would have gotten their love story the way their fans want eons ago and the Hernandez folk would not be in Salem. They don't give a shit about what fans want, that is why at times when fans clamor for an actor's return, they cave but do absolutely nothing with the characters they bring back, it's sort of a passive/aggressive type of thing. Okay, here he is back, be happy with a day or two a week and he's filler....satisfied? NOPE. Look at how they treated Jack and Lucas now...it's sort of the same thing over and over again. They cave to fan demands and then do whatever the hell they want in the end. Maybe it was writing changes that affected both returns but that doesn't mean that someone BTS shouldn't be in there saying, "maybe we shouldn't kill Jack this time" or "maybe we finally can do a love story with Lucas where someone other than Sami loves him deeply"....but no one discusses that because they have their preferences and they will utilize those few over and over again in repetitive stories and they pretty much don't care what we think.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

DrewHamilton
Nov 19 2012, 10:33 PM
Dreamer
Nov 19 2012, 10:10 PM
Are you saying that DAYS PR department do the exact opposite of fans bitch about or want most?
If DAYS's PR department read the board as oftern as they say, then why are we being sujected to some of the worst crap, pairings and SLs that ppl hate. It doesn't make sense to do Dannifer 2.0 or Sami and her harem of men...it is so repetitive...With all the good ideas and discussions that happen on this board. DAYS' should not be struggling for great material and fans should be 10ox happier than they are. I would love to come praise DAYS every day for making an awsome soap .... I am just waiting for it to happen. So much potential, still not the perfect mix.
YOU may not like Daniel/Jennifer or Sami and whichever man she's paired with, but some people do. I, for one, don't mind Daniel and Jennifer. I liked them together before Jack arrived, and I'm not particularly minding them now. It's the pacing of the story that doesn't do them much justice. I think after Jack died, Tomlin/Whitesell should've had Jennifer lay low for a few months. Just supporting other storylines. Then, if they wanted to revisit Daniel and Jennifer, I would be behind it 100%. Right now, I'm behind them about 75% due to the timing.
The fact is, I don't wholeheartedly disagree with the characters on canvas. Before Jack ever returned, even when he was rumored to returned, I thought Dannifer was cute, shallow, but cute. And for Sami.... I don't care what man she is paired with, just pair her. My biggest problem is not just timing.... it is the whole SL pacing and flip flopping and the writers ignorance of DAYS history. I want characters to act like themselves, grow and chanage and still be recognizable. I dislike Dan's character the most in the Men's department, I won't deny that, but as Jennifer's ultimate love and soulmate, he is not a fit! With Sami... just pick somone one or do a real triangle. For more than a year we jsut see Sami flip flopping over a men, and the three bozos are throwing themselves at her. Repeating old SL when they aren't even cold, Dannifer 2.0 we just saw them, and they weren't all that great, especially not right after Jack's death... what did they expect..... and Sami's harem 10.0 is just dull . Dannifer SL could have been done 100x better, but TPTB just don't bother to write the SL well, same goes for Sami and many others on board. Perhaps the insta stuff and rush is related to their fear of cancellatiion, so they are making short SL arcs, so that they can offer fans as many SL options as possible before the plug is pulled. Would make sense bringing in so many vets for a short time. I really wish none of those actors were cut, SJB, IB, CC, PM or MA I could see them involved in really great stories, even the ones that are taking place right now. We needed better writing and execution, and I think we got some of that, now we need either more new characters or rehire the fired.... things would be awesome.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda

I tend to agree with the thinking that they only care about what people are discussing, rather than the content of the discussion. I'll use the Sami men harem as an example since it creates the most discussion. If they paid attention to the content of that discussion, they would realize that people aren't enjoying Sami's neverending revolving door of men. That most are expressing that they would like to see them move on from that, choose one man for her, give them angst other than another man wanting her, and allow us to also see the other two men in stories and pairings of their own without her still being a factor by them pining for her. You've got hot, sexy men here that are being wasted until it's their turn on the Sami express, rather than giving them alternate pairings that fans can enjoy. Why the heck would you shoot yourself in the foot like that? Just because I prefer one pairing doesn't mean I'm against seeing these guys in other pairings too. In fact, I'm all for it, as long as the actors have some chemistry. For example, I'm a Chloe fan and even though I preferred Phloe, I also enjoyed Broe and Danloe because for me, the actors had chemistry. So rather than just saying ok, Sami pairings create discussion so let's just keep revolving these men around her, actually listen to what most are saying. Yes, there are Lucas fans that love Lumi, Rafe fans that love Safe, EJ fans that love Ejami, but there are many fans of those guys that don't ship them with Sami, and I'm sure even many that do, that would much prefer to see their guy in a story and pairing of their own if Lumi/Safe/Ejami aren't going to be together.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JoeBucs32

If TPTB were reading this, they would have seen the incredibly positive reaction fans had to seeing Julie often during Nick's parole hearing and actually give her some more onscreen time!
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

JoeBucs32
Nov 20 2012, 02:16 PM
If TPTB were reading this, they would have seen the incredibly positive reaction fans had to seeing Julie often during Nick's parole hearing and actually give her some more onscreen time!
I'm sure they saw all seven posts about it, but it doesn't exactly garner the discussion the vortex of suck gets. ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

If all they look at is the amount of discussion, I'd offer them the following thought:

We can only talk about characters who are doing something. So looking at volume of discussion to determine which characters to feature would be a little circular (maybe that's not the right word, it'd be self-reinforcing).

I'm starting to wonder if part of the reason it seems like feedback falls on deaf ears is that complete feedback doesn't ever make it's way to TPTB. It can't be easy telling your boss that the things they love garner a lot of negative attention. Or maybe it's that after having feedback fall on deaf ears for so long there's no real incentive to try.

In any case, there's definitely some kind of gap, imho. It'd be nice to see that ironed out...not that feedback matters as much when they're taping so far ahead.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Well here is a little feedback. Matthew Ashford back on DAYS, any way, shape or form. On contact with a 3 day min guarantee.
In his own story and out of Jennifer's bitching clutches for a long while, unless they spend 6 months doing an amazing amount of agnst for some reason or another.
Edited by Dreamer, Nov 20 2012, 05:17 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

dc cubs
Member Avatar

In regards to feedback, did Days stop doing those electronic surveys? I haven't seen one posted here in awhile.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

lysie
Nov 20 2012, 01:01 AM
I don't necessarily think it's true that tptb only go by which characters are being discussed. Shelle got a lot of good and bad discussion and they had no problem dumping them. Also, if you're wanting to do reverse psychology, then don't mention the characters you hate at all. Continuing to talk about them just in a different way isn't going to help and is pretty transparent.
But hell, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em! OK, I know. On to the tweets...................
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

I don't think it matters how much we may dislike a pairing, couple, character or storyline. It's not like they can change anything... unless it's 3 or more months down the road! :huh:
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

Well, we know they ditched the Jack/Jennifer/Daniel triangle last year and sidelined the actors. That started happening as early as November and soon after we heard about re-writes and possible re-shoots. So things can happen. It's possiblle, for example, to re-edit what's already been shot to snip out certain scenes while extending others. Not easy, but possible.

As for this latest round, I'm going to take to heart the fact that none of the publicity surrounding November sweeps pushed the Dannifer pairing, even though it was pimped on our screens almost every day. The scenes were taped back in July-August, but the publicity was put together more recently. And not only was Dannifer not played up in either of the two promos, it wasn't listed in Corday's summary preview of upcoming storylines. Even though they have already taped it, it's possible they're already re-thinking the pairing and are looking for ways to downplay it. Perhaps the recent tweets from the show asking about the Dannifer pairing and asking what Jennifer should do were part of that awakening.

Yes, I know I'm grasping at straws and I know it's a long shot. If Tomlin had his way, he would continue to push one of his favorite pairings no matter what. But I'm just hoping that he's no longer having his way on this matter.

Offline Profile Goto Top

happy
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Nov 19 2012, 05:01 PM
Ellie
Nov 19 2012, 04:58 AM
The PR team at Days wants us to let everyone know they check this board daily and they report our feedback to producers. They also check the comment line, so make sure to call it often and leave your feedback about the show!
If this is true, they need a better PR Team that can accurately translate this board's feedback! :lol: TPTB seem to take perverse pleasure in aggravating fans.

Has the number of posts on this board been dropping, along with ratings? Is that why the PR Team reached out to Daytime Royalty?

I joined the board when it was "Happy Days are Here Again" and people were excited about Higley leaving and the upcoming reboot. There was so much excitement. But the excitement turned to anguish, then disgust, then apathy. Is there less posting now as compared to then? And if so, how does the reboot time compare to the past in terms of posting volume at Daytime Royalty?
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

Is this recent? I remember when it was announced here on DR -- IIRC, it was way back when MarDar were still around or about to be ousted.

Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

annie21
Nov 20 2012, 11:36 PM
Is this recent? I remember when it was announced here on DR -- IIRC, it was way back when MarDar were still around or about to be ousted.

No, it's not recent. It's been a part of the first post of the tweets thread for months.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Dreamer
Nov 20 2012, 03:45 PM
Well here is a little feedback. Matthew Ashford back on DAYS, any way, shape or form. On contact with a 3 day min guarantee.
In his own story and out of Jennifer's bitching clutches for a long while, unless they spend 6 months doing an amazing amount of agnst for some reason or another.
Thanks. This is completely different from all of your other posts, so I'm sure they'll read it and apply it this time.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

^ Did you want to add the sarcasm emoticon to that? lol! A girl's gotta dream.

There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why?... I dream of things and ask why not?
Edited by Dreamer, Nov 21 2012, 10:38 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tylerbo20

this show has struck the iceberg and is taking on water..(have been since about 2001) all the life boats have been deployed and the final rockets are about the be launched...im sure we all know what will happen next..
Offline Profile Goto Top

talbab1994
Member Avatar

I'm assuming the show is dark this week.....?
Online Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic