Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 11/19; Twitter/FB List, Contact Info in first post
Topic Started: Nov 19 2012, 04:58 AM (12,565 Views)
magicsteacher
Member Avatar

rpmaluki
Nov 24 2012, 03:03 AM
I don't find it too strange that she doesn't post pics of her husband maybe he doesn't want her to or something. Twitter is a public forum and I can imagine some people having issues being all over it just because their spouse is a public figure of some sort. I loathe being in the spotlight myself, so I will post pics of my own family and ffriends long before my own.
I agree. Really, most of the actors don't post pics of their spouses with them.
Online Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Well, I disagree, but whatever.
Besides, Dave is a grown man. I'd be much more comfortable as a celebrity plastering pictures of my spouse all over the place than my kids, who can't fend for themselves.
Edited by ladyofthelake, Nov 24 2012, 08:54 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

WillFan
Nov 23 2012, 01:20 PM
Alison Sweeney■@Ali_Sweeney

Wishing you all a fabulous turkey day. We're all dressed up for family dinner. XO
http://t.co/U4SSdHbx
OMG, Ali has some adorable kids! :wub:
Offline Profile Goto Top

ShaneDOOLFan

not really tweet related, but I visited Sony's Days website and noticed they are starting to post Classic Kristen clips. I wonder if they plan on showing more classic episodes soon or flashbacks in current episodes.

http://www.daysofourlives.com/2012/11/the-dark-side.php
Offline Profile Goto Top

Carly
Member Avatar

ShaneDOOLFan
Nov 24 2012, 12:07 PM
not really tweet related, but I visited Sony's Days website and noticed they are starting to post Classic Kristen clips. I wonder if they plan on showing more classic episodes soon or flashbacks in current episodes.

http://www.daysofourlives.com/2012/11/the-dark-side.php
Interesting. If Friday's classic episode does okay in the ratings, then maybe DAYS will begin airing classic episodes once a month on a Friday. (Didn't the ABC soaps do something similar to this a few years ago?) And because DAYS would be saving money by having to produce one fewer episode a month, DAYS could use that extra money to build more sets or increase the wardrobe budget. (I'm sure the storylines would still suck, but at least the actors would have better clothing during the sucky storylines!)

And to bring this back to the tweets, @NBCDays posted several tweets to promote Friday's classic episode, and there seemed to be a lot of positive reaction in the twitter feed. I hope DAYS notices this and decides to air some classic episodes that relate to the current storylines. (For example, DAYS could promote Eric's return as a priest by airing a classic episode in which Marie becomes a nun or the episode in which John discovers he was a priest.)
Offline Profile Goto Top

BradyB

They have updated the NBC days site as well
Offline Profile Goto Top

BradyB

They have updated the NBC days site as well
Offline Profile Goto Top

Will&Sonny

Carly
Nov 24 2012, 03:28 PM
And to bring this back to the tweets, @NBCDays posted several tweets to promote Friday's classic episode, and there seemed to be a lot of positive reaction in the twitter feed. I hope DAYS notices this and decides to air some classic episodes that relate to the current storylines. (For example, DAYS could promote Eric's return as a priest by airing a classic episode in which Marie becomes a nun or the episode in which John discovers he was a priest.)
When I was reading the classic episode thread yesterday, I was thinking that they should have used one of those Twitter promotional things during the episode -- the ones with the hashtags that appear in the corner of the screen during various shows. Not the generic ones that simply consist of the show's title -- I'm talking about the more complex, episode-specific ones on certain shows like Fringe that are meant to get people talking about a big moment that occurred in the episode. Something like #ClassicDays or #Teeth or #Busted.

In fact, they could do this on every episode, with a different hashtag each day, to generate buzz while the show is airing. As far as I'm aware, none of the soaps currently utilize anything more than the generic hashtags. I can't imagine that it would cost much to do it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

OK, so maybe this is the wrong place to post this, but if a mod wants to move it to a more suitable place, that's fine. Anyway, I just discovered the joys of the NBC app for my IPad, and since we dropped our DVR option from our cable, I haven't watched Days in months. (I guess, really, since the last whole grief sex or soon after that). Anyway, I'm thinking about watching again (since I watch Netflix on my IPad a lot. Better than having a TV in my study, because my computer is used for doing classwork). Anyway, any suggestions as to when I could check out back episodes since I quit? Or should I just start anew?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Will&Sonny

ladyofthelake
Nov 25 2012, 07:52 PM
OK, so maybe this is the wrong place to post this, but if a mod wants to move it to a more suitable place, that's fine. Anyway, I just discovered the joys of the NBC app for my IPad, and since we dropped our DVR option from our cable, I haven't watched Days in months. (I guess, really, since the last whole grief sex or soon after that). Anyway, I'm thinking about watching again (since I watch Netflix on my IPad a lot. Better than having a TV in my study, because my computer is used for doing classwork). Anyway, any suggestions as to when I could check out back episodes since I quit? Or should I just start anew?
You can watch old episodes on YouTube, but all of the major storylines that are airing right now started fairly recently, so if you just watch every episode from November 12th to present day, you'll know everything that you need to know about the current storylines.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Will&Sonny
Nov 25 2012, 08:14 PM
ladyofthelake
Nov 25 2012, 07:52 PM
You can watch old episodes on YouTube, but all of the major storylines that are airing right now started fairly recently, so if you just watch every episode from November 12th to present day, you'll know everything that you need to know about the current storylines.
Sounds like a plan!
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic