Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jeff Branson OUT At Y&R … For Now?
Topic Started: Nov 20 2012, 09:44 AM (1,796 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

Fan favorite and Daytime Emmy winner, Jeff Branson is once again leaving The Young and the Restless as Ronan Malloy!

According to the latest Soap Opera Digest on sale early this week and now newsstands now due to the Thanksgiving holiday, “The actor, who returned in June, has come to the end of his six-month run and will exit Genoa City once again.”

This comes as a disappointment to many soapers who were digging Michelle Stafford’s Phyllis with Branson’s Ronan, and who have also been clamoring for more scenes between Branson and his on-screen mother, Nina played by Tricia Cast. And let’s not forget that the teen that Ronan is mentoring is being cyperbullied by Summer Newman!

As for Branson, he had chosen awhile ago not to go under contract with Y&R to enable him to go off and do other projects. However, could Branson’s popularity eventually land him in Genoa City full-time?

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/k2se6l
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

sonemfan4life

Fan favorite? Um how is he a Y&R fan favorite? No one really knows what the character of Ronan is about and he leaves every few months.

Mason
Member Avatar

Good riddance. Please don't come back.

Peridott
Member Avatar

So as usual it was his decision to leave? I thought he was let go. This is so tiresome.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

Mason
Nov 20 2012, 06:09 PM
Good riddance. Please don't come back.
I agree. I thought Ronan and Phyllis had potential until they had him act so pathetic over her. It was painful to watch.
Edited by Crazygirl, Nov 20 2012, 10:36 PM.

sonemfan4life

Peridott
Nov 20 2012, 10:28 PM
So as usual it was his decision to leave? I thought he was let go. This is so tiresome.
I don't believe it was his decision from what the Soapfest recaps said. SOD loves Phonan and showed their bias in JG's interview so I take their words with a grain of salt. JB can stay gone. Ronan is so unnecessary and annoying and JB can stop using Y&R when pilot season doesn't go well for him.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Fuck him. I can't stand actors who think they are above soaps and come and go as they please as a paycheck, ESPECIALLY when they suck as bad as he does.

Ejole Lifer

Sick of this merry go round shit. Either stay or go. I refuse to get invested in any story he's a part of.

LPS
Member Avatar

Bon voyage! Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

This coming and going is annoying and the character was ruined once he became Phyllis's new boy toy. Just ewww.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ratfink
Member Avatar

LPS
Nov 25 2012, 05:47 PM

This coming and going is annoying and the character was ruined once he became Phyllis's new boy toy. Just ewww.
I agree :shame:

Peridott
Member Avatar

LPS
Nov 25 2012, 05:47 PM

He went from having the luxury to come and go to You're Fired! :wave: Oh well. He was ruined for me once he became a chump fool over Phyllis.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

I only liked him b/c I love Phonan so now that its kaput and the character is ruined, he's better off gone. Had no crime solving skills anyways.

Poker Face
Member Avatar
"I like to be on top, Darling." - John Ross/Pamela

i was not enjoying that sick disgusting pairing if u can call it that. :shrug: (phonan).

ronan was def ruined when MAB paired him up again with Phyllis. She ruins everyone who gets close to her.

i will always be bitter to YR in general bc even with mab out tptp still didnt give chlonan (ronan/chloe) a fucking real shot!

im sad jeff is leaving or was let go but i wont forget this another thing to add on my yr hate list.

soapflake02

They ruined his character when he covered everything up Phyllis did yet she still got away with it.

LPS
Member Avatar

^That sh*t pissed me off. WTF was the point of revealing the hit-in-run. It just increased viewers resentment of this pampered ass/overrated character. I wanted Ronan killed after that BS.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply