Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, November 21st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 20 2012, 02:29 PM (5,265 Views)
Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

NicoleLVR
Nov 20 2012, 03:17 PM
Supergirlx2
Nov 20 2012, 03:03 PM
NicoleLVR
Nov 20 2012, 02:42 PM
Oh and please will somebody run Hope over and put her in a coma, I'm so tired of her condemning others but overlooking the her sins and the sins of her family. I mean Nicole's done horrible things and has had horrible things done to her, but atleast she's never killed anyone (Nick) or attacked innocent men and tried to burn her husband and rival alive (Hope).
Hope isn't looking over her sins. She & Nick got more prison time than most people in Salem have gotten for their various crimes. Hope's got every right to be mad at Nicole for falsely accusing Jen, and she doesn't want Eric to get hurt by Nicole. Ultimately, Hope knows she can't stop Eric from talking to Nicole, but she wants to make sure that he's cautious. The scenes don't play out as harsh as it sounds in a summary.
Yes Nick may have served more time then most people in Salem, but Hope most certainly didn't. And yes she does have a right to be mad at her but Hope's been in the position where she has loss her child, Nicole has loss both of her children in one of which was full term. I would expect Hope to be more sympathetic and understand the irrational things Nicole did, because she did irrational things when her son died and when she and Bo where getting a divorce she went out start attacking people. And how is it right for someone convicted of attempted murder to be detective again?
the only reason Hope attacked anyone or tried to murder anyone was because she was popping sleeping pills that had terrible side effects. Hope wouldn't let anyone use the pill argument when she found out it was her, so Bo used it to get her record expunged, which is why she was allowed to become a cop again.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cajnej
Member Avatar

Jennifer is so dissapointing. It makes me so sad.
Edited by cajnej, Nov 20 2012, 03:49 PM.

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

Book club-The Fuck?
It obviously was foreshadowing Ericole with the whole "forbidden love" thing and then flashing to them. The episode was OK. Nice to see Safe in just a friendly manner, but I'm still rooting for them, if Lumi can't be together. Will needs to just tell Sonny OMG. And I'm loving Ericole so far.

esp13
Member Avatar

granolagirl
Nov 20 2012, 03:06 PM
Random bookclub is random.

Quote:

Hope says what made you chose this book
Billie says forbidden love of course
They all laugh

I hope uncomfortably... ;)
Yeah, I was a little disappointed in the random book club meeting. The spoilers said they were discussing loss, so I assume a scene or two was cut. That bums me out because I think scenes like this are important to the show. Oh well.

And yeah, I hope Billie's comment plays a little better than the way it reads. Given that she played interloper with Bo and Hope and with Steve and Kayla, her forbidden love comment is way awkward.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Daysdegrassi
Nov 20 2012, 03:57 PM
Book club-The Fuck?
It obviously was foreshadowing Ericole with the whole "forbidden love" thing and then flashing to them. The episode was OK. Nice to see Safe in just a friendly manner, but I'm still rooting for them, if Lumi can't be together. Will needs to just tell Sonny OMG. And I'm loving Ericole so far.
You are right, it was a minister that Hester slept with....Who's to say Nicole is going to sleep with him? lol!!!
I forgot about that. I might just have to read The Scarlet Letter again for reference sake.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

For Nicole lovers... Nicole is so alone...she has no one.... just Eric. I am so glad Eric tells Hope he supports her.
You will see what I mean in the epi.... parts that the dialogue just don't show it. My heart felt for her, she needs a friend and a hug.
TPTB are doing great with this part of her SL.

I have to say, 2 days running and #DAYS is on fire..... See, I can say something positive about this crazy ass show!! I wonder who's in charge... almost seems like TomSell have left the building or hired some new writers in their regime.

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

I feel for nicole she really is alone. Im glad eric is being a friend to her. I really hope they continue with there friendship before they rush them into romance. Nicole has a lot of healing to do before a new romance starts. I get that hope wants to protect eric from getting hurt but she should be more understanding to nicole especially since nicole didnt actually do any thing wrong to her. Im not really looking forward to nicole doing some grand apoloto jen but if it gets her out of the dannifer orbit for good im ok with it

camera shy

Sami really out did herself today blabbing Gabi's business to the world. She doesn't know who the hell else Gabi might have slept with and to tell Nick Gabi is pregnant was beyond stupid.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Hmmmm book club, church and an abortion clinic.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

esp13
Nov 20 2012, 03:57 PM
And yeah, I hope Billie's comment plays a little better than the way it reads. Given that she played interloper with Bo and Hope and with Steve and Kayla, her forbidden love comment is way awkward.
MTE. Plus I'd imagine Justin's thing for Hope must still make Adrienne uncomfortable on some level.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Wow Sami can keeps her mouth zipped if its her secret,but doesn't take too long to blab someone else's.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

At least TPTB have Sami acting like her own self. Sami has always been a nosy, busy body. I like it.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Romancer66
Nov 20 2012, 03:19 PM
Dreamer
Nov 20 2012, 03:07 PM
bomber
Nov 20 2012, 02:32 PM
Jen is thankful for what's happened this year. Why am i not surprised.

TFP
Unless Jennifer knows something we don't, this woman is needs a brain transplant.
I think TPTB gave Jen, Hope's lines by mistake,or better yet the lines of Maggie's Horton/Kiriakas' dialogue, but unfortunately, she wasn't invited.

Billie's choice of the Scarlet Letter for their 1st book club meeting. Very interesting. Billie is asked 2x why she chose the book and she says 'forbidden love'. I mean how much can one book session foreshadow or not foreshadow. I thought the Scarlet Letter was a book about ADULTERY and public humiliation. Hester's huband left for 2 years and she cheats on him. Not sure if Jennifer need to wear a shirt with an 'A' on it, for a while or not? Sin & guilt, no thanks here.
"Forbidden love", my ass! That's dim even for Billie. The Scarlet Letter is not a romance, by any stretch of the imagination. It's about sin and redemption. Hester who can't escape the consequence of her moral lapse, faces up to her sin in her judgmental Puritan community, while her cowardly lover Dimmesdale can't admit his own guilt/complicity, and her vindictive husband plots to destroy the man who cuckolded him. (Personally, I always wondered what Hester saw in Dimmesdale--he's a weak reed if ever there was one.) The parallels in this case seem to be more with Gabi's situation than Jennifer's, but for me, rereading The Scarlet Letter might almost be preferable to watching any story revolving around this limp dishrag of a character.
This post is chock full of awesomesauce!

La_Laa

I'm so sick of Gabi's Hernandez show. Hello? There's also other characters on this show.

michr544125

La_Laa
Nov 20 2012, 06:05 PM
I'm so sick of Gabi's Hernandez show. Hello? There's also other characters on this show.
She is now the center of the show and has been since the new writers took over. And we know it's not going to change for at least the next 6-7 months :lol: .

annie21

Jennifer looks at Jack's photo then walks away. Another shallow attempt to show Jennifer mourning -- without really showing it. Wouldn't it have been nicer if she and Adrienne could have shared a moment over Jack's photo and actually said something about it? Makes me wonder if these glimpses of Jack's photo are even in the script -- perhaps they're just inserted by the directors.

The book club could have been good, but was disappointing. To me, the choice of book title was part of this larger shift the entire town of Salem is making to a more religious context around themes of sin, guilt, and public censure (these themes are starting to show up in almost every storyline). I took the book to be a reference to both Gabi and Nicole in different ways -- but more toward Nicole, who has faced public humiliation, scorn, and condemnation of late. The entire town is against her and she walks around as if she had some sort of scarlet letter on her clothes.

The fact that the male lead in the book basically gets away with his indiscretion could apply to some combination of EJ/Daniel/Rafe -- althought I doubt the show's writers thought to see it that way. Of course, in the book, Dimmesdale is tormented by his sin and ultimately can't live with what he's done. Ironically, it's Hester who is eventually accepted by the town that once scorned and shunned her.

If the show would actually explore these themes in some detail, that would be one thing. But, alas, they're just skimming around on the surface like they always do, and will likely move onto something else at a whim. For example, we'll probably never see this book club again, just like there was only that one girl's breakfast club gathering last year that Sami initiated.

annie21

Why does Sami need to send an email that can't wait until later? More importantly, why does Sami need to use Gabi's computer to send an email? Doesn't she have a smartphone? She's constantly using it.

Obviously, the writers wanted her to be able to see Gabi's computer in order to track where she was. However, there was a much more organic way to do it. Sami could have said to Rafe, "you're the cop. Gabi's a missing person. What would a cop do to track her down?" And if that didn't work, she could have further prompted him, "Okay, in missing person cases on cop shows, don't they always check peoples' computers when they want a clue about where they went?"

Instead of thinking logically and from the POV of their characters, the writers chose the contrived route. I know it's trivial, but this is just a small example of a much bigger problem for this show.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

WillFan
Nov 20 2012, 03:20 PM
Days Preview 11-21-12

http://youtu.be/jaaNWvk5mvo

Hope, Kayla, Jen, Billie, Gabi, Nick, Will & others
I'm having impure thoughts about Priest Eric. :D I've never seen a priest that looks like that. Jennifer's hairstyle makes me laugh. My five year-old daughter wears cute barrettes in her hair like that too. Then again, she's 5 not 45 ...

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

NicoleLVR
Nov 20 2012, 03:35 PM
cajnej
Nov 20 2012, 03:25 PM
LOL Sami is "The Salem Spectator" I love Sami but she is not good at keeping other people's secrets.
So then Rafe was right in his decision not to tell Sami he wasn't the father of Nicole's baby, would you agree?
Oh heck yeah. Rafe knew and rightly so, that Sami wouldn't be able to keep the info to herself and would probably have blabbed it to Ej if for no other reason than to get back at Nicole. Sami always expects others to keep her secrets, but rarely considers keeping others' secrets a priority which is why it is so unbelievable that she kept the secret about Eric being in the seminary. Sami just isn't a secret keeper; never has been.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

WillFan
Nov 20 2012, 03:20 PM
Days Preview 11-21-12

http://youtu.be/jaaNWvk5mvo

Hope, Kayla, Jen, Billie, Gabi, Nick, Will & others
After Will was acting so twitchy around Sonny in the coffee shop today and needing cash fast, and then Lucas catching him with a wad of cash in the park, I'm going to be a little disappointed if no one suspects he's feeding some habit or other. LOL.

Also too funny that they are pretending they've been having book club all along, but points for trying.
Edited by granolagirl, Nov 20 2012, 10:45 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply