Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, November 21st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 20 2012, 02:29 PM (5,321 Views)
deletemyaccountplease

rpmaluki
Nov 21 2012, 01:59 PM
pennieloafer
Nov 21 2012, 01:57 PM
Gabi has the ugliest bedroom I have ever seen
Lol, someone was just saying the other day how they loved how it was decorated.
The bright blue walls with all the clashing brown right?

Ewwwww
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

deletemyaccountplease

Pardon me...tired
Edited by deletemyaccountplease, Nov 21 2012, 06:50 PM.

esp13
Member Avatar

Today was another pretty good show. I've enjoyed Sami blabbing Gabi's secet all over town. Sure, she's completely out of line, but it's nice to see her being completely out of line with the truth for a change. Plus, Nick and Rafe's reactions are awesome. She so inappropriately nosy that it's a little awesome. And Sami and Rafe are pretty good together when they aren't talking about their love life or lack thereof.

The Lucas/Will scenes were fantastic. I loved the emotion the BD and CM brought to it and the wonderful irony of Lucas apologizing and telling Will he is proud of him just as Will is taking his pregnant ex-girlfriend to get an abortion. The only slightly wrong note is that CM overplays Will's emotions enough that it seems strange that Lucas doesn't pick up on it.

Will and Gabi continue to be great. Love the emotional beats being played out.

Eric and Nicole are fab. There is some really great chemistry. And it works when they are laughing and when they are arguing. I love that he knows exactly what she is trying to do and how she tries to deflect. And the celibacy line was actually pretty good. The fact that Eric could possibly not notice Nicole lost an earring - not so much.

Book club was a little random and I wish the discussion of loss they were supposed to have would have been happened. And the forbidden love line was awkward under the circumstances. But, I love that they at least had this kind of scene and can only hope the show decides to do these types of fun, friendship scenes more often.

Aww, there's the FancyJudgmentalFace I know and love. Totally understand where Hope is coming from, but that judgmental streak has been there forever. On FJF, your gut instinct just isn't as good as it used to be. But it's a nice set-up for a holiday cliffhanger, I guess.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Not impressed with Days at all. The book club being used to pimp Ericole when Eric has been back what a week is just a little too much. The over the top anvils Ericole are getting are already reminding me of Ejaylor, despite the fact that they have history. They should be taking their time with this, and getting viewers adjusted to having new Eric back before starting this Ericole drama. And to top it off, I'm still not seeing the spark I'd like to see with GV and AZ. :shame: Sigh an Ej/Nicole/Eric triangle would have been so much better instead of Ejaylor/Bradison 2.0.
Quote Post Goto Top

angie37
Member Avatar

^^^Spark is all in the eye of the beholder as a familiar saying goes, and I [just speaking for myself here] see plenty.

This week has been one of the best under TomSell, and I hope they keep it up. Liked everything about today's episode.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Even if I did decide to give Ericole a try I can't bring myself to get invested anymore because Days pretty much gave out the memo that what's considered love today can be discarded like trash tomorrow. If this was GH I'd have more faith because I feel like at least they care about their fans on some level and reward fans with actual payoffs, Days on the otherhand killed all my hope in just a matter of a week. I don't see any need to invest anymore unless some major changes occur. Now I'm watching GH and there's just no turning back at this point. RC excels in the areas in which both TomSell and MarDar have failed.
Quote Post Goto Top

lazydazes
Member Avatar

Ericole can hardly be compared 2 ejaylor. Ejaylor were just sickly awful. And gv/az have chemistry which is another plus for ericole. As for yesterday`s eppy and the entire week, it`s been good, at least 4 me. And i thoroughly enjoyed the book club. When was the last time the female characters interacted in that kind of way? Been a long time. And i think that the book club was a perfect lead-in to ericole because it is a forbidden love story. And i 4 one can`t wait 2 c it unfold. And i don`t want greg v`s talent to be wasted and used for ejole angst. Glad that the show is finally capitalizing on az`s chemistry with another actor besides js. It`s way past time if you ask me.
And i appreciate will/gabi`s episodes this week. Their relationship is honest/refreshing and it`s great how they are approaching this pregnancy realistically by showcasing the uncertainty that a young pregnant woman has. I have enjoyed sami/rafe too this week. Their insertion into the gabi/will story is believable and natural.
Only thing that i did miss in the eppy was my brady/kristen/john/marlena fix. But still, the eppy was a solid, good one.

angie37
Member Avatar

^^^Adding on about the book club, though short, it was sweet for me to see these ladies together because it brought back some good memories since all have been/still are part of pairings that kept me entertained for decades. And that even includes Billie because I once enjoyed her with RKK's Bo. Steve/Kayla, Jack/Jenn, Bo/Hope, Justin/Adrienne, Bo/Billie--now those were the Days of My Life....

blueskies
Member Avatar

^I liked the Book Club scenes, HOWEVER, when Billie said she picked the Scarlet Letter because of "Forbidden Love" when Hope asked, I cringed. I mean, how did they think that was appropriate given the backstory between the two of them, lol. Couldn't someone else have at least asked why she chose the book? At the minimum?

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

I am just waiting to see & hear what Jennifer was thankful for......Really, if you haven't followed along and knew that Jack's photo on the table in the foyer of Horton house, you'd never know what she was looking at. The camera panned a quick second to show photo of JNJ, it was like a nano-second..... so I guess we are to surmise... that she was thankful for Jack.

TPTB showing spurts of Jennifer's insta JackGrief among her lusty eyes for Daniel, like the other day... just don't jive. Chasing after a man that has overtly admitted to loving you is not cool. Jennifer is sending mixed messages, how can he not think that she wants him too. IMO, Dannifer's lust it is almost worst the Ejami GriefSex. If Dannifer sleep together...in 2012 it will only be JackGriefSex. The whole thing doesn't play out right.....
Edited by Dreamer, Nov 22 2012, 10:44 AM.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

I thought Wednesday's episode was great. Eric and Nicole were fantastic. I LOVED the photoshoot flashback. It gives the story a lot more weight when they use actual flashbacks than the ones they manufacture. For those who didn't know their history or weren't around back then, it helped reinforce that they have history and that this coupling will be different from other insta-pairings. I even caught a little flirting on Eric's part. ;)

However, I had to :facepalm: Nicole for strolling into Jen's place uninvited. That's not the way to do things, hun. Then again, the conversation Hope had with Eric made you think Nicole was going to do something else. I like how that ended. As for Hope/Eric convo, both were right. Nicole is a hot mess and she uses people. I love the girl but I calling a spade a spade. Those are two things I like about her anyway. However, Eric should counsel her. I don't think anyone else can get through to her.

I thought the book club was great. It was nice to see a group of women sitting in a room chatting, even though it had a clear purpose :laugh: . Billie commenting on the forbidden love aspect was a bit awkward considering that Hope asked the question but I guess that's water under the bridge at this point. On a side note, Adrienne looked stunning. She needs to be on more. She might not be because the Wabi baby is centered around Gabi, Will and Nick but once it all blows up, I'm sure she will be there reminding everyone how her gut told her Will was going to break her son's heart.

Speaking of Wabi, they were great once again. Lucas was great being there for his son but double meanings for the audience did not get past me. :laugh: It was so awkward for Sonny and lucas giving them money for the abortion what they had no idea what it was really for. Kudos to Days for that. Will was so supportive and a great friend.The buildup between Sami and Rafe finding them and Gabi going to get the abortion was great. It made me wish I wasn't a spoiler ho because I would be wondering what happened next. It was a great cliffhanger.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

May wonders never cease, this episode was SOLID. I enjoyed every part and almost all of the scenes were driving somewhere.

guessgirl
Member Avatar

Rafe annoyed and irritated the heck of me so I throughly enjoyed Nick not giving a dam about him and giving him attitude right back.
Edited by guessgirl, Nov 23 2012, 01:53 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

I just (well...between yesterday and today) watched four episodes in a row, and IDK which was which, so I'm just going to put my current thoughts here.

Gabi/Will - I think their scenes have been really good. I'm still not a fan of Gabi at all, and I still wish they'd acknowledge what she did last summer (though it's like they still might), but I do like the way Will and Gabi interact and the acting has gone up a notch for both CM and CB. I'm not enjoying Nick. BB is fine, but I find nothing enjoyable about Nick. But the character really bringing the story down is Sonny. He's just terrible and boring and way too vanilla. I REALLY liked the Gabi/Will/Lucas scenes. That was soapy and just really good. The writers don't seem to know what they want for Lucas at all, though.

Sami/Rafe - I like that they're in a supporting role. But Rafe's sudden protectiveness is too out of nowhere and just too much. And Sami's blabbermouth is not in character, IMO. She's never really been one to blab stuff without thinking. She usually blabs secrets intentionally. Accidentally spilling everyone's secrets isn't her thing at all. Plus, when she was doing it while at the same time whining about Rafe not trusting her with secrets I couldn't believe they didn't have Rafe call her out on it. Meanwhile, she respects Rafe more as an uncle than she does EJ or Lucas as fathers. Awesome. Also, someone was complaining about Sami needing to use Gabi's computer to send an e-mail. The reason why was addressed on the show. ;)

Eric/Nicole - I think they have chemistry, and I've loved their scenes...until Wednesday (I think). The dialogue was just terrible. It was the kind of dialogue they should have in a few months. Nicole is sick of hearing Eric talk about God? It was their 4th scene! But I did really like how they did the photoshoot flashbacks. And again...I think they have great chemistry.

John/Marlena/Kristen/Brady - I really like the John/Marlena/Kristen part of this story. I like that John and Marlena are both mad and it's not just one of them. Marlena's human speech was REALLY good. It is a little early, but I'm glad they've shown Kristen's hand to the audience. Marlena's concerns are completely valid to me, but I know the history. I think if they'd held off too much longer all we would have been hearing was how Kristen was sacrificed for Marlena. I don't like Brady's role in the story. It may just be because I don't want to see it, but quite frankly I don't see any romantic chemistry with ED and I find their banter annoying. I also don't like how John is treating him like he's about five years old. Why on earth is his daddy signing his discharge papers? The scenes about the church board were definitely my least favorite.

Jennifer/Daniel - They're fine. I've always thought the actors worked fine together. I just think MA and MR completely blow them away. But whatever. Their scenes were pretty good, and Jennifer is looking so much better.

Other odds and ends - EJ got on my nerves on Friday. I'm so sick of him reaming everyone else out for crimes so similar to his own. The scenes with Theo and Ciara were adorable, and I really appreciated that no one tried to shush Ciara when she started talking about Lexie. The book club scenes were cute and the actors were all very natural about it, but it was obviously cut and ended up not making much sense. I like the idea though. Chad is a waste of space. Abby's scene with Jennifer was cute. Maxine gets on my nerves. I like Gabi's room.

lysie
Member Avatar

Oh, and Nicole said "for the love of Pete." I'm pretty sure that was a personal shout out to me.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply