Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of December 10th; *updated 12/4*
Topic Started: Nov 20 2012, 11:48 PM (53,536 Views)
Cupcake06

Nicole just now realizing this. Too bad about that pairing though...they had chemistry and a decent story going.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

camera shy

Dreamer
Nov 28 2012, 12:41 AM
Angie79
Nov 28 2012, 12:34 AM
Tuesday ("Realizing the Truth")
Nicole faces the reality that she does not have a future with Daniel;
What is wrong with Nicole?.. we could have told her 3 weeks ago.... that the Good Doctor wants nothing to do with her, what planet was she on... when he clearly turned her down?

I guess Dan will have to tell Nicole for the 50th time that he is not into her..... why do TPTB make Dan repeat everything he says to women? WTF is up with his communication skills? He doesn't exude sex and romance to make me want to beg him to be with me. Hot Damn! TPTB got it hard for this character.
Well at least Nicole is way ahead of EJ, he's still chasing after a woman who has never loved him for six years and counting.

camera shy

I bet Gabi's mother won't make it to her wedding and I don't know any mother who would want to miss her daughter's wedding if she's physically able to attend.

NikiLani
Member Avatar

camera shy
Nov 28 2012, 04:36 AM
Dreamer
Angie79
What is wrong with Nicole?.. we could have told her 3 weeks ago.... that the Good Doctor wants nothing to do with her, what planet was she on... when he clearly turned her down?

I guess Dan will have to tell Nicole for the 50th time that he is not into her..... why do TPTB make Dan repeat everything he says to women? WTF is up with his communication skills? He doesn't exude sex and romance to make me want to beg him to be with me. Hot Damn! TPTB got it hard for this character.
Well at least Nicole is way ahead of EJ, he's still chasing after a woman who has never loved him for six years and counting.
EXACTLY, why do they continue ruining his character by keeping him in this dead end s/l. 6/7 YEARS vs 6/7 months, EJ is ahead by a long mile!
Edited by NikiLani, Nov 28 2012, 04:55 AM.

concerned
Member Avatar

Dreamer
Angie79

There's someone else who should have got that memo about 4 years ago.

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Nov 28 2012, 12:02 AM
Daysdegrassi
Nov 27 2012, 11:51 PM
rpmaluki
Nov 27 2012, 11:19 PM
Daysdegrassi
Nov 27 2012, 10:39 PM
BUT...with the EJ, Sami, Eric and Nicole scenes, looks like EJole is approaching. Methinks EJ will be jealous of Ericole prwtty soon! :wub2:
It's the first time I have looked forward to watching in several weeks. EJole's jealousy over one another is ALWAYS filled with an unspoken 'I wish I was the one you wanted to be with" emotion. They have done this before (especially EJ, when Nicole was with Brady) and I can't wait to see it.

Jealous EJ is always a treat to watch. Interloper EJ (to Safe) is sickening bore!
You said it! I still think EJ is settling for Sami because he thinks Nicole will never take him back. Only a matter of time before the longing stares begin... :$
EJ is 'settling' for a woman who he's fought tooth and nail to win - but hasn't quite yet managed to do it yet? EJ needs to work on his 'settling' skills. :laugh:
I can certainly understand that some would prefer to see EJ like Nicole instead of Sami, but The harsh reality is that during these six years that EJ has been on the show so it has plays undertones that Sami is the one and only when it comes to EJ's heart whether they are in war or Not! Either way, it's crap writing right now with Sami / EJ / Rafe and I can not see that viewers will find this triangle from hell especially interesting! My bias is definitely EJ so I'd like to see him move on to something more exciting! Although I still think EJami is the hottest couple with the best chemistry, it's not entertaining with this threesome! :)

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

Sami needs to make it as clear as Daniel that she DOES NOT want a relationship with Ej, but I highly doubt that would stop a man so obsessed. I think Ej gets turned on by being turned down by Sami. You would think the man would get a clue!

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

LucasHortonFan
Nov 28 2012, 06:35 AM
Sami needs to make it as clear as Daniel that she DOES NOT want a relationship with Ej, but I highly doubt that would stop a man so obsessed. I think Ej gets turned on by being turned down by Sami. You would think the man would get a clue!
Or the writers need a clue, they write for Ejami or not? I think Regardless teams viewers are fedup with this crap, and overall I think viewers are tired of agenda driving story that has one purpose only and that is to keep writers bias left on stage! I say again that the Days writers write a lot for completely uninteresting and dull characters and it's not very smart if they want to entertain an audience! They can write how much story they want but if the characters suck, it's fail and the story will never sell!

gailwinters
Member Avatar

The Scorpion
Nov 28 2012, 07:32 AM
LucasHortonFan
Nov 28 2012, 06:35 AM
Or the writers need a clue, they write for Ejami or not? I think Regardless teams viewers are fedup with this crap, and overall I think viewers are tired of agenda driving story that has one purpose only and that is to keep writers bias left on stage! I say again that the Days writers write a lot for completely uninteresting and dull characters and it's not very smart if they want to entertain an audience! They can write how much story they want but if the characters suck, it's fail and the story will never sell!
It's baffling that you have two actors who, based on episode count, appear to be the two leading men on the show, and their main story is pursuit of Sami. Rafe has the Gabi story, but that seems as much a vehicle to put him and Sami back in the same orbit after their "breakup" as anything else. EJ basically has no story outside of his love for Sami and wanting his family back together. You would think that one of them would be written as moving on.....both of them have plenty of reason to do so. The writers either have no imagination or they honestly think viewers want to see this never ending triangle from hell......either possibility is depressing.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Nick and Gabi wedding???What???That's way too fast.
Edited by Snowing Fan, Nov 28 2012, 08:13 AM.

lysie
Member Avatar

The Scorpion
Nov 28 2012, 06:27 AM
SocRMum1
Daysdegrassi
rpmaluki

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
You said it! I still think EJ is settling for Sami because he thinks Nicole will never take him back. Only a matter of time before the longing stares begin... :$
EJ is 'settling' for a woman who he's fought tooth and nail to win - but hasn't quite yet managed to do it yet? EJ needs to work on his 'settling' skills. :laugh:
I can certainly understand that some would prefer to see EJ like Nicole instead of Sami, but The harsh reality is that during these six years that EJ has been on the show so it has plays undertones that Sami is the one and only when it comes to EJ's heart whether they are in war or Not! Either way, it's crap writing right now with Sami / EJ / Rafe and I can not see that viewers will find this triangle from hell especially interesting! My bias is definitely EJ so I'd like to see him move on to something more exciting! Although I still think EJami is the hottest couple with the best chemistry, it's not entertaining with this threesome! :)
This isn't true either. Vthere have been undertones off and on but not for all six years. There were no Sami undertones when he was smelling Taylor's scarf and there have been several other times when they've completely dropped that. To suggest otherwise would be to suggest there's been consistency in writing and characterization for the last six years and we all know that's not true. #harshreality

Meanwhile, what does asking a minister to preside over a wedding have to do with being BFFs? Other than nothing.

I'm afraid to hope that this truly means Nicole is officially out if Dannifer's orbit.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Courtneya6688
Nov 28 2012, 12:04 AM
I dont think nabi will actually get to the i dos. I think will sonny nick or all three will stop the wedding
I think Chad is another person who might stop the wedding. I think Rafe, Lucas or Sami could stop the wedding if they know Will is the father.

This far out, there are so many possibilities for that wedding except for Nick and Gabi actually getting hitched. I would be pleasantly surprised if these writers resisted the temptation to end the wedding before the couple exchanged that first marital kiss. I'd like this paternity secret to be kept for years; but I doubt these writers won't lunge for that juicy apple during the wedding.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Dreamer
Nov 28 2012, 01:05 AM
Rafe asking Eric to preside over Gabi's wedding? WTF is up with that? Since when is Rafe BFF's with Eric?

NABI seem equipped to make arrangements for themselves. TPTB clearly have nothing else for Rafe to do.

Rafe, the meddling, nosy bastard... is out of character. I guess all those years with Sami has rubbed off on him. :tounge:
I don't think Rafe asking Eric to preside over Nabi's wedding makes him nosy. He is Gabi's older brother, their mother isn't around. For all we know Gabi may have asked him to speak to Eric for her. I don't think whether or not Rafe and Eric are BFFs have anything to do with him asking a priest to preside over his sister's wedding.

camera shy

The Scorpion
SocRMum1
Daysdegrassi
rpmaluki

And I can certainly understand why some people love EJ loving Sami no matter what, but storylines have been known to come to an end. Remember when Sami was madly in love with Austin? What happened to that storyline? It came to an end. Remember when Stefano was madly in love with Marlena and Marlena was madly in love with Roman? What happened to those storylines? They came to an end. So why is it that this particular storyline is never to be touched or changed? We didn't see EJ think of Sami for a good long time with Taylor and then Nicole and in both cases at least he was with women who truly loved and wanted to be with him. So just because EJ has been written to love Sami no matter how many times she rejects that love doesn't mean he can't be written to love someone else. Sami moved on from Austin, Stefano moved on from Marlena and Marlene moved on from Roman and there's certainly no reason why EJ can't move on from Sami. :shrug:
Edited by camera shy, Nov 28 2012, 09:19 AM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

camera shy
Nov 28 2012, 09:16 AM
The Scorpion
SocRMum1
Daysdegrassi

And I can certainly understand why some people love EJ loving Sami no matter what, but storylines have been known to come to an end. Remember when Sami was madly in love with Austin? What happened to that storyline? It came to an end. Remember when Stefano was madly in love with Marlena and Marlena was madly in love with Roman? What happened to those storylines? They came to an end. So why is it that this particular storyline is never to be touched or changed? We didn't see EJ think of Sami for a good long time with Taylor and then Nicole and in both cases at least he was with women who truly loved and wanted to be with him. So just because EJ has been written to love Sami no matter how many times she rejects that love doesn't mean he can't be written to love someone else. Sami moved on from Austin, Stefano moved on from Marlena and Marlene moved on from Roman and there's certainly no reason why EJ can't move on from Sami. :shrug:
I definitely agree that storylines often come to an end. And there have been times when it appeared they were going to move EJ on from being besotted with Sami. Which begs the question as to why it's never lasted. My personal belief is someone - be that TPTB, the writers, whoever - feel like there is enough interest in the EJami pairing that they never quite end it completely. Despite having Sami shoot him in the head or EJ actively participating in a plot that put a doppleganger in her bed, just a couple of examples of reasons we all thought at one time or another it was done.

My personal hope is they finally go in the one direction they never have with this story - and FINALLY have Sami reciprocate his feelings openly and honestly. In fact, I'd have much preferred to see EJ seemingly have moved on with someone else and then Sami pursuing him for a change. But however it happens, I think it's as likely that we'll eventually see Sami embrace her feelings for EJ as we will ever see EJ truly give up and move on for good.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Nov 28 2012, 10:45 AM
camera shy
The Scorpion
SocRMum1

I definitely agree that storylines often come to an end. And there have been times when it appeared they were going to move EJ on from being besotted with Sami. Which begs the question as to why it's never lasted. My personal belief is someone - be that TPTB, the writers, whoever - feel like there is enough interest in the EJami pairing that they never quite end it completely. Despite having Sami shoot him in the head or EJ actively participating in a plot that put a doppleganger in her bed, just a couple of examples of reasons we all thought at one time or another it was done.

My personal hope is they finally go in the one direction they never have with this story - and FINALLY have Sami reciprocate his feelings openly and honestly. In fact, I'd have much preferred to see EJ seemingly have moved on with someone else and then Sami pursuing him for a change. But however it happens, I think it's as likely that we'll eventually see Sami embrace her feelings for EJ as we will ever see EJ truly give up and move on for good.
JMO but I think the s/l with ejami was coming to an end when GT was EP and they were going with Safe. Then Mardar came on board and things were reversed with Safe ending and moving forward with Ejami. Now, the writers have changed again, and we don't really know for sure which direction they are taking with this triangle. I get what KC said about LSB, but I, personally, am not buying into it until I see more proof of it. For me, it is time to end this Ej/Sami/ Rafe fiasco. It does no favors for the actors, characters, or the show. The writers need to choose a pairing, stick to it and write a good story for them. Stop trying to please fanbases; it always backfires because none of us just want crumbs.

six
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Nov 28 2012, 12:28 AM
samixxx
Nov 27 2012, 11:55 PM
Will&Sonny
Nov 27 2012, 11:33 PM
samixxx
Nov 27 2012, 11:20 PM

Victor and Maggie, I think.
True. Any ideas before that?
That depends on your criteria. If we're simply talking about uninterrupted weddings, then before Victor and Maggie's wedding, it would have been Rafe and Sami's wedding.

If we're talking about uninterrupted weddings that resulted in lasting (to this day) marriages, the one before Victor and Maggie's would have been John and Marlena's; however, their marriage was later invalidated. If you don't count John and Marlena's wedding, then the most recent uninterrupted wedding that resulted in a lasting marriage (other than Victor and Maggie's wedding) was Shawn and Belle's wedding.
Personally, I'd count Tony/Anna's marriage as a successful one since it only ended due to death, and it, iirc, came after shelle.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

magicsteacher
Nov 28 2012, 11:34 AM
SocRMum1
Nov 28 2012, 10:45 AM
camera shy
The Scorpion

JMO but I think the s/l with ejami was coming to an end when GT was EP and they were going with Safe. Then Mardar came on board and things were reversed with Safe ending and moving forward with Ejami. Now, the writers have changed again, and we don't really know for sure which direction they are taking with this triangle. I get what KC said about LSB, but I, personally, am not buying into it until I see more proof of it. For me, it is time to end this Ej/Sami/ Rafe fiasco. It does no favors for the actors, characters, or the show. The writers need to choose a pairing, stick to it and write a good story for them. Stop trying to please fanbases; it always backfires because none of us just want crumbs.
I've given up on trying to figure out who behind the scenes wanted what - I don't know that we'll ever know for certain. But I definitely agree that the triangle has run it's course. Repeatedly. Here's hoping they finally put a stop to it.

Thomson
Member Avatar

Quote:

About time. I hope it stays that way. I haven't been able to enjoy the character since she started getting involved with him.

AHM

Way too much tan in these spoilers.

Best thing this show could do for itself: lose Dan and lose Rafe.

I suppose I could be accused of having an agenda since I love JnJ, but I really do believe that losing those two characters would be a very good thing for this show. They are boring. They are overly propped. They get far too much air time when they are as boring and vacant as they are. I don't care if they're good looking. This show's full of good looking, but good looking doesn't override the boring. Also, I think the attempts to sell these two have done bad things to other characters. I think being paired with these guys sucks the soul out of a character. Sami has become a lousy character, really quite boring and missing what made her Sami, as she's been heroine-ized for Rafe. And Jennifer. . . I just can't even believe what's been done to her. She was once a character who pulled off the somewhat amazing feat of being so very good and so very near flawless, and yet not annoying and not boring, at least to me. And now . . . she is Shallowville Central and so very not perfect yet still trying to be sold as perfect. Yikes. Dan didn't do Chloe any favors either. The show should have made Chloe and Philip the rooting pair, because Dan and Chloe were nothing special, and Philip tying himself in knots over some stupid teenager who acted like a five-year-old (aka Melanie) was just dreadful. And since she became a glorified egg donor, Maggie's been nauseating.

I guess Rafe hasn't really had the chance to be paired with anyone but Sami, but despite my moment of liking him for being the only one with a heart toward Nicole, I don't think the guy's got much chance of not being a bore.

Dan . . . well, maybe if they just embraced it and played him as the town player/sleaze . . . but honestly, the very sight of the Dan character just bugs me at this point with all the promoting and attempts to sell the guy.

Yeah, Days, just try losing these two guys and see if it helps. Really.
Edited by AHM, Nov 28 2012, 02:45 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply