Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of December 10th; *updated 12/4*
Topic Started: Nov 20 2012, 11:48 PM (53,421 Views)
tomsawyer
Member Avatar

AHM
Nov 28 2012, 02:41 PM
Best thing this show could do for itself: lose Dan and lose Rafe.
I don't even care if they keep Rafe and Dan around to be Mr. Sami Brady or Mr. Jennifer Horton, but for goodness sake, stop putting them on the screen so much. Neither GG or SC are lead actors and TPTB know this because they don't have either of their characters drive story. (Case in point, the only time Rafe/GG drove the story was R2 and it was a complete failure). It's clear that these guys are supporting actors/characters. So if they want to keep them on as eye candy (for some poeople) or to have sex with some of the leading ladies, that's fine, but then stop putting them in so many episodes.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AHM

^You are absolutely right. These two cannot drive story. Thus, Nicole has been the central figure in Dannifer's supposed story. Next, it will probably be Chloe, and then probably JJ.

Of course I hate for JnJ's love story to be sacrificed for Daniel and for Jennifer to be paired with him, but you make a good point: if those two vortexes of suck must remain for eye candy purposes (which I don't actually think is necessary), but if they must, yes, it would be a good move on Days' part to at least stop trying to play them as leads.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Angie79
Nov 28 2012, 12:34 AM
Tuesday ("Realizing the Truth")
Nicole faces the reality that she does not have a future with Daniel; Rafe asks Eric to preside over Gabi and Nick's wedding.

FINALLY SHE GETS IT, KEEP IT THAT WAY!
Edited by JamesScott_19, Nov 28 2012, 03:12 PM.

Will&Sonny

six
Nov 28 2012, 11:45 AM
Will&Sonny
Nov 28 2012, 12:28 AM
samixxx
Nov 27 2012, 11:55 PM
Will&Sonny
Nov 27 2012, 11:33 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
True. Any ideas before that?
That depends on your criteria. If we're simply talking about uninterrupted weddings, then before Victor and Maggie's wedding, it would have been Rafe and Sami's wedding.

If we're talking about uninterrupted weddings that resulted in lasting (to this day) marriages, the one before Victor and Maggie's would have been John and Marlena's; however, their marriage was later invalidated. If you don't count John and Marlena's wedding, then the most recent uninterrupted wedding that resulted in a lasting marriage (other than Victor and Maggie's wedding) was Shawn and Belle's wedding.
Personally, I'd count Tony/Anna's marriage as a successful one since it only ended due to death, and it, iirc, came after shelle.
That wedding occurred off-screen, though. I was only counting weddings that we actually got to see.

mae
Member Avatar

AHM

Way too much tan in these spoilers.

Posted Image

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

AHM... I am ready to boycott DAYS for their over pimping of SC and the character of Daniel.

I have held back on twitter about voicing my opinion on Daniel or Dannifer, just not sure how much longer I am going to be able to hold out. If anyone was wants to campaign let me know.
Edited by Dreamer, Nov 28 2012, 08:50 PM.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

JamesScott_19
Nov 28 2012, 03:10 PM
Angie79
Nov 28 2012, 12:34 AM
Tuesday ("Realizing the Truth")
Nicole faces the reality that she does not have a future with Daniel; Rafe asks Eric to preside over Gabi and Nick's wedding.

FINALLY SHE GETS IT, KEEP IT THAT WAY!
oh, thank goodness! :hail: :hail:

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Nov 28 2012, 02:57 PM
AHM
I don't even care if they keep Rafe and Dan around to be Mr. Sami Brady or Mr. Jennifer Horton, but for goodness sake, stop putting them on the screen so much. Neither GG or SC are lead actors and TPTB know this because they don't have either of their characters drive story. (Case in point, the only time Rafe/GG drove the story was R2 and it was a complete failure). It's clear that these guys are supporting actors/characters. So if they want to keep them on as eye candy (for some poeople) or to have sex with some of the leading ladies, that's fine, but then stop putting them in so many episodes.
It seems like in Rafe's case they are trying to make him a "rival" against EJ. They have mentioned that in both November promos and when they were on Jeff Probst show. Whatever. But for the love of all that is good in the world, if they are going to make this "rivalry" watchable, change the damn actor for Rafe, make this "rivalry" more than a damn female... you know what, fuck it. LET GO OF THE DAMN CHARACTER because it is not working. AT. ALL.

As for Daniel, I kinda like him more compared to Rafe but that's not saying much. I think the whole J&J botched s/l is partly responsible for it but he's been a shitty character for a while. They need to cut their losses and keep it real with this character. If he sleeps around with patients, fine, let him admit that and have him do something (and NOT someone) with that. They were on their way with Nicole but that went to hell quickly.

At this point, if both weren't on my screen anymore, I probably wouldn't notice but if I had to choose, Daniel has a better chance of being salvaged.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Wednesday ("Payback")
Chad reveals to Kristen that he is seeking revenge; Victor advises Brady to keep his distance from Kristen.

annie21

Angie79
Nov 29 2012, 12:09 AM
Wednesday ("Payback")
Chad reveals to Kristen that he is seeking revenge; Victor advises Brady to keep his distance from Kristen.
Victor, you're a little late there, bud.

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

I feel like the only thing victor or maggie do is pimp or discorage couples anymore

Aliaron
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Nov 28 2012, 10:45 AM
camera shy
Nov 28 2012, 09:16 AM
The Scorpion
Nov 28 2012, 06:27 AM
SocRMum1
Nov 28 2012, 12:02 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I can certainly understand that some would prefer to see EJ like Nicole instead of Sami, but The harsh reality is that during these six years that EJ has been on the show so it has plays undertones that Sami is the one and only when it comes to EJ's heart whether they are in war or Not! Either way, it's crap writing right now with Sami / EJ / Rafe and I can not see that viewers will find this triangle from hell especially interesting! My bias is definitely EJ so I'd like to see him move on to something more exciting! Although I still think EJami is the hottest couple with the best chemistry, it's not entertaining with this threesome! :)
And I can certainly understand why some people love EJ loving Sami no matter what, but storylines have been known to come to an end. Remember when Sami was madly in love with Austin? What happened to that storyline? It came to an end. Remember when Stefano was madly in love with Marlena and Marlena was madly in love with Roman? What happened to those storylines? They came to an end. So why is it that this particular storyline is never to be touched or changed? We didn't see EJ think of Sami for a good long time with Taylor and then Nicole and in both cases at least he was with women who truly loved and wanted to be with him. So just because EJ has been written to love Sami no matter how many times she rejects that love doesn't mean he can't be written to love someone else. Sami moved on from Austin, Stefano moved on from Marlena and Marlene moved on from Roman and there's certainly no reason why EJ can't move on from Sami. :shrug:
I definitely agree that storylines often come to an end. And there have been times when it appeared they were going to move EJ on from being besotted with Sami. Which begs the question as to why it's never lasted. My personal belief is someone - be that TPTB, the writers, whoever - feel like there is enough interest in the EJami pairing that they never quite end it completely. Despite having Sami shoot him in the head or EJ actively participating in a plot that put a doppleganger in her bed, just a couple of examples of reasons we all thought at one time or another it was done.

My personal hope is they finally go in the one direction they never have with this story - and FINALLY have Sami reciprocate his feelings openly and honestly. In fact, I'd have much preferred to see EJ seemingly have moved on with someone else and then Sami pursuing him for a change. But however it happens, I think it's as likely that we'll eventually see Sami embrace her feelings for EJ as we will ever see EJ truly give up and move on for good.
I hate the idea you make a couple because its their turn. If that was the case Stephano and Marlena should have hooked up. Jack should have had a real chance with Kayla.

Couple should not be on such a rediculous standard. This is why Sami has been ruined. The idea that everyone gets a turn has made her fickle and stupid.

The real, true character of Sami would not want Ej. That would have died right after he threatened to kill Will.

Sparrow

Angie79
Wednesday ("Payback")
Chad reveals to Kristen that he is seeking revenge.
This struck me as HI-larious. Stupid little Chad pouting that he wants revenge to the woman who has written the book? It just sounds too pitiful. However, if we can get EJ to stop making moon eyes at Sami and get all three Dimera siblings plotting together and perhaps teaching Chad a thing or two about how to pull off a good scheme, it might be watchable. (Yes, I know that implies that EJ or Kristen ever actually pulled of a good scheme, or that EJ has ever really thunk up a good scheme... I'm gong to need you to work with me here.)

Thomson
Member Avatar

Angie79
Chad reveals to Kristen that he is seeking revenge;
I wish that fake DiMera (Chad) would just dissapear. He's useless.

NikiLani
Member Avatar

Thomson
Nov 29 2012, 04:20 AM
Angie79
Chad reveals to Kristen that he is seeking revenge;
I wish that fake DiMera (Chad) would just dissapear. He's useless.
He should just let it go and move on with his life but this show doesn't know the meaning of the phrase apparently.

Caylee
Member Avatar

Chad reveals to Kristen that he is seeking revenge

I like it, but if Kristen does become a mentor to Chad, I'm going to laugh, either way I like both Chad and Kristen, their short little October scene was cute.
Edited by Caylee, Nov 29 2012, 07:10 AM.

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

move over Ej, bad little brother is going to take your spot in the Dimera fold!

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

LucasHortonFan
Nov 29 2012, 07:14 AM
move over Ej, bad little brother is going to take your spot in the Dimera fold!
Since EJ doesn't exactly want to be in the Dimera fold (he's only CEO of CW because of Sami), I don't think he'll mind.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Angie79
Wednesday ("Payback")
I am looking forward to this as I wholeheartedly support anybody who wants to make life miserable for either of the Hernandez siblings. If Chad has some success against Gabi, maybe that will inspire EJ to do something similar to Rafe.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Nov 29 2012, 09:07 AM
Angie79
Wednesday ("Payback")
I am looking forward to this as I wholeheartedly support anybody who wants to make life miserable for either of the Hernandez siblings. If Chad has some success against Gabi, maybe that will inspire EJ to do something similar to Rafe.
personally I don't want see Dimera siblings waste their time on boring Hernedez siblings!
But I'm bias because I see nothing interesting about Hernedez characters at all! :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply