Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of December 10th; *updated 12/4*
Topic Started: Nov 20 2012, 11:48 PM (52,810 Views)
Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

This is from SC.....

"I was initally approached wit a one year deal." :hahano: Please, not another year of Superman Dan!

I knew the character wasn't a fan favorite to begin with.
I'm not sure he is now." I wonder who or what tipped him off? :teehee:
Edited by Dreamer, Dec 6 2012, 02:10 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lily20

BillieD
Dec 6 2012, 12:10 PM
lily20
Dec 6 2012, 11:57 AM
DaysPossessed
Dec 6 2012, 11:37 AM
So in the mess of Parker's paternity blowing back up we will find that Daniel is really Victor's son.
used to think that would happen but not since they went and made melanie daniel's spawn. if they went there that would mean philip and melanie are related :gross:
Perhaps when Daniel is FINALLY checking Parker's paternity (don't know why he never bothered to in the first place since he and Chloe were pretty sexually active and there was a damn good chance Parker was his child after all), he'll get a brainstorm that maybe, just maybe, he should get a test done on Melanie too. And then Victor and Daniel could be Father and Son. :wave: :wave:

Of course, he'd probably adopt her anyway. :drunk:
i guess that could happen. Daniel and melanie were never believable as father/daughter. I always found them creepy because they seemed more like lovers. :puke:
I'm still not convinced that they'll even change parker's paternity.
Edited by lily20, Dec 6 2012, 02:09 PM.

lily20

annie21
Dec 6 2012, 12:31 PM
This is a good point. Was there ever a DNA test for Melanie?

no, the douchebag never got a DNA test.

lily20

talbab1994
Dec 6 2012, 01:17 PM
I found this little piece in last week's SOD and, for some reason, found it interesting. There's going to be an article about SC in this weeks SOD and this quote is under "Sneak Peek". This is from SC.....

"I was initally approached wiht a one year deal. I knew the character wasn't a fan favorite to begin with. I'm not sure he is now. Daniel is very difficult to root for because of the choices he makes. But over time, the character has evolved. I think since the time I've been here we've had three or four different executive producers and head writers. Each one of them has had a different interpretation of who Danile should be, and what he has to offer. I've had great interest in each one of their ideas".

It appears to me that he's not even sure why there's such popularity with this character. You know, I really like SC as an actor, I do. I think, as he has said, there's been things written for the character that has been frustrating and just not very good. That would have to be hard on the actor. At the end of the day, if you don't have writing, you will have a failure at any show. The actors are paid to act what's on the page not write. Anyway, I just thought it was an interesting quote from the actor.
I actually started to like Daniel when he got with chloe and would've loved him if they hadn't written him as a hyprocritical asshole when he found out about chloe and philip.

the melanie/carly/dannifer crap is what ruined the character for me.

bomber
Member Avatar

talbab1994
I found this little piece in last week's SOD and, for some reason, found it interesting. There's going to be an article about SC in this weeks SOD and this quote is under "Sneak Peek". This is from SC.....

"I was initally approached wiht a one year deal. I knew the character wasn't a fan favorite to begin with. I'm not sure he is now. Daniel is very difficult to root for because of the choices he makes. But over time, the character has evolved. I think since the time I've been here we've had three or four different executive producers and head writers. Each one of them has had a different interpretation of who Danile should be, and what he has to offer. I've had great interest in each one of their ideas".

It appears to me that he's not even sure why there's such popularity with this character. You know, I really like SC as an actor, I do. I think, as he has said, there's been things written for the character that has been frustrating and just not very good. That would have to be hard on the actor. At the end of the day, if you don't have writing, you will have a failure at any show. The actors are paid to act what's on the page not write. Anyway, I just thought it was an interesting quote from the actor.
SC is very good at sitting on the fence in interviews, which is actually very smart as things change all the time. I hope that is a recent quote because to me it sounds like maybe Tomlin's position isn't that safe. IDK but he seems to be hedging his bets in case of a regime change. Maybe just wishful thinking on my part!

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

SC clearly remembers the regime has changed 3 or 4 times: Higley, TomSell, MarDar & TomSell. I actually find that kind of amusing. His comments on all the various takes they have on how Daniel is suppose to be...he doesn't seem too happy about that....and that makes me warm and fuzzy inside. Not praising the regime for making him a star, might just bite in the ass.

I guess it would okay to wake up every day and go to work to play a hated villan on a soap, but to be a very disliked average kind of guy... it must really burn a whole in his ass. His comments on his likability are very telling. SC is not sure if Dan's liked now. Maybe someone should tweet and tell him the truth.....lol!!! and send the lastest SOD polling results in case he missed it!
Edited by Dreamer, Dec 6 2012, 04:25 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

Dreamer
Dec 6 2012, 02:06 PM
This is from SC.....

"I was initally approached wit a one year deal." :hahano: Please, not another year of Superman Dan!

I knew the character wasn't a fan favorite to begin with.
I'm not sure he is now." I wonder who or what tipped him off? :teehee:
That year was three years ago.

AHM

talbab1994

Interesting. Thanks for the tidbit.

I have actually appreciated SC in the interviews with him that I've seen/read. He seems to have a clue. He's wisely diplomatic, but it seems he does see how poorly written Dan is. I wonder if he wonders, as I do, why he's still on the show. I guess it's nice to be considered "hot," as that's all I can figure has kept him around this long. I don't see the "evolved" thing at all, but I think it's SC trying to make the character sound more interesting than he is, which it makes sense for him to do.

La_Laa

Partnersincrime
Dec 4 2012, 07:51 AM
The gift that keeps on giving.
Nick gets a romantic gift for Gabi while Sami drags Rafe into wedding planning. That puts EJís nose out of joint. The wedding is already sticking in Chadís craw. He ruins Will and Sonnyís Christmas tree contemplations to spew Gabi hate. He tells Sonny all about Gabiís various misdeeds. That makes the Kiriakis uncomfortable, especially since Will is supposed to be the best man. That was Sami and Carolineís idea, in spite of the bride and groomís objections. Will tries to run away from the madness. He only bumps into Chad, who wonders why heís in the middle of the Gabi and Nick baby fiasco. Gabi later shows up and is disturbed by how smug Chad is being. Her day already sucks since Sonny has started treating her like something he stepped in. She has some words with him and says she wonít let Chad ruin her life. She and Nick meet with Eric to discuss the wedding. Later, Will admits to Nick that heís not sure he can stand up for him at the ceremony. Gabi assures him everything will be cool.
Kristen tries to loop Chad into the DiMera holiday spectacular. Heís not interested in celebrating, just ruining Gabiís life. That sounds like the same thing to his sister. Meanwhile, Sonny has told his father what Gabi did. Justin decides to have a chat with Chad. He angrily warns the DiMera that harassing Gabi is a breach of the contract he signed. Abby witnesses this and wonders whatís going on. Chad asks her out instead of explaining. Gabi might screw things up for herself though. During the wedding planning, she lets a few things slip that put a crimp in the coherency of her story. Nick arrives in time to cover and claims that they slept together within hours of meeting. Rafe is appalled. Nick assures the bride-to-be that her brother will get over thinking that sheís a skanky hipster. Meanwhile, Sonny and Will fight about Gabi. Will refuses to be told what to do. When Sami drops by to ask Sonny to be an usher, he refuses.
Days of our lives? NO! Days of Gabi Hernandez lives. It makes my stomach turn.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

AHM
Dec 6 2012, 04:43 PM
talbab1994

"I was initally approached wiht a one year deal. I knew the character wasn't a fan favorite to begin with. I'm not sure he is now. Jennifer is very difficult to root for because of the choices he makes. But over time, the character has evolved. I think since the time I've been here we've had three or four different executive producers and head writers. Each one of them has had a different interpretation of who Danile should be, and what he has to offer. I've had great interest in each one of their ideas".
Interesting. Thanks for the tidbit.

I have actually appreciated SC in the interviews with him that I've seen/read. He seems to have a clue. He's wisely diplomatic, but it seems he does see how poorly written Jack is. I wonder if he wonders, as I do, why he's still on the show. I guess it's nice to be considered "hot," as that's all I can figure has kept him around this long. I don't see the "evolved" thing at all, but I think it's SC trying to make the character sound more interesting than he is, which it makes sense for him to do.
I work with a guy who was a soap actor in the 70s, and later writer for soaps in the 80s (all NYC ones that are gone). We were talking screenwriting, and the subject of propping came up, and he said that in the 80s, they knew that was the worst way to get an audience to like a character. Instead, you set up a situation where they had sympathetic motives but the whole town was against them. (See: Brady, Sami circa 1995 or Johnson, Patch circa 1987)

SC seems to understand this, and it is bewildering that the writers and producers don't.

My friend no longer works in the business, btw.

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

I am pulling for Rafe and Caroline, what a match.

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar
Brenda: "Let the fireworks begin." Sonny: "With you and me, Brenda, it's guaranteed."

JamesScott_19
Dec 6 2012, 06:53 PM
I am pulling for Rafe and Caroline, what a match.
I'm still rooting for Reath .... :cheer:

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

Daytime
Dec 5 2012, 07:20 PM
Caroline and Rafe are reunited.

Look at TomSell all full of shock and awe, it's #teamScandal in full effect!

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

SocRMum1
Dec 6 2012, 01:24 PM
granolagirl
Dec 6 2012, 01:09 PM
annie21
Dec 6 2012, 05:07 AM
Lil
Dec 5 2012, 03:03 PM
^Right?! Seems to be the case! lol Although that's not true for Eileen Davidson. She's pretty front-burner right now (and deservedly so)
Eileen Davidson is a special case. She was brought in by Sony. I imagine they placed conditions on her return, including storyline and airtime. This has worked out well for the DH's, because I have a feeling if Tomlin had his way, he would have gotten rid of them along with the other returnees from the reboot.

I think they are erring on the other side with her... I think she'll have been on for nine days straight tomorrow, and that kind of overexposure isn't usually good either. MarDar were unfocused, but I think the show needs another major plot thread to break up these stories more.
I have to agree with this. As much as I'm enjoying Kristen and think ED is a breath of fresh air - there is the potential for saturation. I haven't felt tired of her yet and I'm enjoying all the layers of story surrounding her - but I could see where it could become too much.
I'm sure her overexposure will be entertaining and original for at least the next three months. :drunk:

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

First Krady and now Carafe

concerned
Member Avatar

Daysdegrassi
Dec 7 2012, 12:25 AM
First Krady and now Carafe
I wasn't into Caroline and Rafe (pretty much considered it either a typo or another blatant pimping of Rafe's stellar character enough already I am well aware he is the best thing ever to hit Salem since Jackielnifer or whatever it is his name is today). But I can pretty much always support a Carafe or two. Count me in.

Can someone make me a banner?

concerned
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Posted Image

/\ If my banner could be a mix of these two images much appreciated.

Daytime
Member Avatar

Teasers via SOD

12/10, EJ passes on an opportunity to make Rafe look bad to Sami
12/12, Kristen invites Chad to join the family for the holidays
12/14, Rafe questions Will about Gabiís near abortion.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Daytime
Dec 7 2012, 10:10 AM
Teasers via SOD

Not sure what the context is for this, but my gut reaction is 'let it go Rafe, ffs'. I wonder why he wants to revisit this. I hope there is a good reason and it's not simply to deliver a moral diatribe.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Daytime
Dec 7 2012, 10:10 AM
Teasers via SOD

12/10, EJ passes on an opportunity to make Rafe look bad to Sami
12/12, Kristen invites Chad to join the family for the holidays
Damnit, EJ! Don't go getting all smooshy on us. :toetap:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply